October 26, 2014 | 1518 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by ylrebmik7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh, I'd love to love this, if I could only figure out how to use it. i bought this to use on my hair. I put in on in the bathtub, but didn't shampoo it out and oh, what a greasy mess! I had to shampoo my hair repeatedly and by that time, I don't think there was any coconut oil left to have had any affect on my hair at all. I'm afraid to use it again because it was such a huge greaseball. I have long, color treated, dry hair, frizz-city and I could really use some natural conditioning. If you've had success with this as a hair conditioner, I'd love to know how!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 7:54:00 AM More reviews by AnnKB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got some fractionated coconut oil (does not smell) for my hair which is quite long and gets dry ends as I read it was one of the few oils that penetrated hair and is one of the active ingredients in Ojon products.

I applied a not too generous amount andleft my hair for a while. After washing it out my hair was lovely and soft without silicones!

To get it out easily you have to apply shampoo neat (spread it in hands first) and then rinse- it washes off much more easily than if you try to wet the hair first.
I have not tried the other applications mentioned but will now. Thanks everyone- have got some great tips from this site.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2009 12:32:00 PM More reviews by babydoll67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used coconut oil in the past as an eye make-up remover, body and face cream, lip treatment and hair treatment.

*****Eye make-up remover*****: Wonerful! It doesn't irritate my eyes like traditional eye make-up remover and it made my lashes conditioned, stronger and longer.

*****Facial/body moisturizer*****: Again, wonderful! It absorbed into my skin without feeling oily or greasy and made my skin so soft and smooth. It really made my face look radiant.

*****Lip treatment*****: Great before bed. Not so easy to transport to work and kind of oily on the lips during the day.

*****Foot treatment***** Before bed with a pair of cotton socks, make my feet super smooth. Great way to maintain a pedi.

*****Hair treatment*****EWWWWW!! It took FOREVER to get it out of my hair. Not going to try that again!

I hear it is great to combat toenail fungus as well, but have yet to know anyone who has tried it.

I will purchase and use this again and again. One jar lasts for over 7 months for me.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Nocturnefata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just tried this last night for the first time! I used it as a body moisturizer and it works well for that purpose. I don't feel as moisturized as I thought I would, which is ok. Smell dissipates about 2 hours later. I think this also in application helped with some of the small blemishes on my back. The only thing I don't like about it is how long it takes to soak in. Took almost 2 hours on some parts of my body and only moments on others. Seems like certain parts of me were drier then others!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2009 More reviews by allessandra00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I`ve been using coconut oil for a few months now, I m using it to remove my eye make up, and I have to confess my eyelashes are longer and fuller now, I never believed the reviews, but after using it for a while, I really noticed a difference in my lashes, you can give it a try too, it is very gentle, better than other expensive make up removers. As for skincare,I also use it on my face, in a great mix with elisabeth arden face cream, shea butter, glicerine, Q10, vitamin E, I made my own face cream mixing these things together, and I am happy with it, I know that no one can make a better face cream and sell it to us, on the market we can only find over priced chemicals. So I found an Ebay store with good prices on organic stuff...like glicerin, vitamins, and I do my own skin stuff, and as well body cream, I mixed shea butter with coconut oil, some bvlgari body lotion for the fragrance, and some glicerin and since I`ve been using this I can tell you I have baby skin, very soft, and naturally shiny. Try it you won`t be dissapointed.

~~~~Update~~~~For those with damaged hair, you should try Greek organic Olive oil instead of coconut oil, it works better, its more hydrating.As for face and make up removing, coconut oil still rocks, it`s made my eyelashes even fuller ;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Fleet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried the oil cleansing method several months ago. After trying olive oil alone, sunflower seed oil, and castor oil mixed with the other two, I was not satisfied with the results. My skin is extremely dry and I found I could not use the castor oil at all. Just recently I purchased virgin coconut oil for cooking, and tried it as a moisturizer.

At first it worked well, much better than oilve or sunflower seed oil. It seemed to sink into the skin better and leave less of a heavy, greasy feeling. Unfortunately, over the weeks it became less effective. I live mostly in air conditioning and I know that effects my skin, and I need a very serious moisturizer for my face. So far, after trying tons of drug store brands, higher end products and alternative treatments, coconut oil is definitely my second favorite moisturizer. I love that the one product removes makeup excellently, cleans and moisturizes without causing any breakouts on my sensitive skin. That was the biggest surprise, because all the other oils I tried broke me out and made my blackheads worse.

I've gone back to my HG moisturizer, Cetaphil cream, the thick kind that comes in the jar. Nothing else has been as good to my skin, not causing breakouts, and has kept my T-zone flake free. I really wanted this coconut oil to work. I never tried using the oil on my hair, but I did use it on my body. To be honest, I really hate the feeling of oil sitting on my skin. It's not as bad as other oils I've tried, but it still leaves a residue that makes my clothes stick to my skin. That said, I loved how it made my skin appear to glow from within, an effect that Cetaphil does not offer.

I would buy this again, but only for cooking and maybe as a hair treatment. Coconut oil is extremely healthy, and is a smart alternative to other vegetable oils for frying. The taste is not as distinct as olive oil. I do recommend that you, whether you use it for cooking or skincare, buy the virgin, cold pressed coconut oil, too receive the most nourishing benefits it has to offer. As with other oils, the more pure, the better.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by mjoy14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried this as a body lotion, hair conditioner (hot oil treatment), lip balm, and as eyelash conditioner... my eyelashes became very full and thick and LONG with using this!! But for every other use... not so much fun.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by blindbird

I bought a jar of organic extra virgin coconut oil from iherb.com. Love them, great quality product, lowest price ever, cheap and fast shipping. I used it on my body skin. It was just a little bit greasy but super moisturizer. I couldn't stop touching my leg. After a few uses, I didn't feel the greasiness anymore and my skin didn't feel that amazingly soft and smooth like before. I thought it stopped working after a while, like everything else did to my skin( and my acne, another story). Then I stopped using it for one day and used Vaseline lotion instead. Boy I was wrong, the moment right after I put it on, my skin feel rough and dry, and sticky, even itchy. I came back to coconut oil and everything was fine. Never let everthing but this stuff touch my skin again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by allaboutme08

i've used the virgin coconut oil from the Philippines and it does great on my face, body and hair!
coconut gave me a soft, hydrated, glow skin that my dry, sensitive skin changed.
coconut also gave me a shiny, soft, split ends free hair that my damaged hair really changed.
i love coconut oil for its fatty acids that are really good for skin and hair with its organic properties.
i wont stop using this on my hair and skin! love, love, love it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

Coconut Oil is quickly becoming my "goto" product.

I use it in my hair before I wash it(usually with shikakai powder, occasionally shampoo) and after for shine and protection. I also mix it in with conditioners to make them a "deeper" conditioner or to make a conditioner a better leave-in.

I've also begun using it as a pre-shower massage oil to loosen dry skin, in shower scrub mixed with sugar or sea salt, and post shower moisturizer. My skin is super dry(especially my extremities), so it's enough on my torso but I still have to either mix it with a lotion for the extremities, or I layer - coconut oil first, then some lotion afterwards. I'm considering trying it on my face but am a little scared because I'm acne prone and so far, olive oil and African Shea Butter Soap(the real kind that looks like crumbled up oatmeal cookies) are working well.

I used to use all kinds of products for hair and skin, but I'm *finally* starting to whittle down my HG products based on what I use the most and helps to actually IMPROVE my hair and skin. So far, coconut oil is the BEST.

And then there's the scent.......
Ahhhhhhh... Yummy, yummy coconut. :-)

Will repurchase again and again.