December 22, 2014 | 1779 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2009 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Jeslynn

Oh man, I'm in love. The oil feels so great on my skin and leaves it feeling smooth. I was worried at first, thinking I was going to have to walk around naked or in old sweats so I wouldn't leave oil spots everywhere I went. (couch, sheets, chairs, good clothes,) Thankfully it actually dried pretty fast. I did a few test runs on fabric and it didn't leave any oil spots.
My husband loves to rub my legs after I use it. So soft.
I love the smell of coconuts so the smell doesn't bother me.
(I use extra virgin)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by gulimba

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan of it and all my friends are using it now!i tell everybody about it--it truly is a WONDER product- not only is it good for your skin, but it has antibiotic, antiviral, antifungal and antiparasitic properties that will keep you healthy (if you take it internally)I love how it leaves my hair.I feel like I have discovered a miracle anti-aging skin product and itís done more for my 39 year old skin than absolutely any other product I have ever used - expensive or cheap - over the counter - or only available on line! But thatís just me...try it for yourself and see if you donít notice some wonderful effects happening to you! By the way...I even tried slathering it on my feet before bed (I covered them in soft socks right after) and again...when I woke up - soft feet Have I mentioned how great my fingernails look? They are white and strong! In a word:miracle in a bottle.you can make your own coconut oil...http://central-america-forum.com/forum-topic/how-make-virgin-coconut-oil

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2009 1:13:00 PM More reviews by clobbergirl

I'm so glad i finally tried coconut oil. it works great at taming my frizzy wavy/curly hair, i just take a TINY bit and rub my palms together and apply it to wet hair. i also use it as a body moisturizer wow! i don't remember having skin this soft, I've had dark dry patches of skin on my toes for years and after maybe a week of use they're almost gone! unfortunately i need more moisture for my hands and bottoms of my feet. I'm too scared to try it on my face ... still recovering from jojoba oil, maybe some day...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 2:01:00 PM More reviews by emmagreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of the reasons I love MUA, for introductions to products like this. A huge HG: Being afflicted w/ dry skin and dry (coarse, curly) hair, and having spent a lifetime switching around lotions and conditioners, I think this beats msot of them. The unrefined is worth it for the scent alone; and i've never been a huge fan of coconut scented products because they always smelled fake and like tanning oil. This is the real deal. When using it as a conditioner i no longer have to use shine serum, and my frizzies are totally gone. It does however usually mean (unless i'm willing to shampoo twice) that the first day after conditioning w/ this i'll have a little too much shine and oily texture, but i wear my hair up in a curly sort of french twist (or i straighten it) and by day two if i'm going o-naturale, my hair and curls look great. Lotion wise, unless it's warm enough and the consistency of the oil is oil (vs. the way coconut oil solidifies) it is harder to work into either skin (or hair) but as long as you're not doing it on the fly, it's not a huge deal. A must try, especially for frizzy, dry haired people! (Though I would recommend using a clarifying shampoo once a week) Only use the virgin/ unrefined coconut oil. Got mine at the co-op. I like the Nutiva better than Spectrum: i think the scent is better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 12:01:00 PM More reviews by imaginaryflowers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is THE multi-purpose product that I use for my hair and skin. Before coconut oil I used Ojon restorative hair treatment but found it too pricey to continue using it so I found coconut oil as a replacement and the results are just the same except I get more product at a cheaper price! I also use coconut oil on my face and neck before I go to bed, and wake up to smooth skin, and my acne scars have also faded. I can also use it as a daytime moisturizer if I'm not wearing any foundation and apply it on my back and chest after I shower, and again my acne scars from those areas have faded too. This is definitely an HG product I will using for the rest of my life.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by ylrebmik7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh, I'd love to love this, if I could only figure out how to use it. i bought this to use on my hair. I put in on in the bathtub, but didn't shampoo it out and oh, what a greasy mess! I had to shampoo my hair repeatedly and by that time, I don't think there was any coconut oil left to have had any affect on my hair at all. I'm afraid to use it again because it was such a huge greaseball. I have long, color treated, dry hair, frizz-city and I could really use some natural conditioning. If you've had success with this as a hair conditioner, I'd love to know how!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 7:54:00 AM More reviews by AnnKB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got some fractionated coconut oil (does not smell) for my hair which is quite long and gets dry ends as I read it was one of the few oils that penetrated hair and is one of the active ingredients in Ojon products.

I applied a not too generous amount andleft my hair for a while. After washing it out my hair was lovely and soft without silicones!

To get it out easily you have to apply shampoo neat (spread it in hands first) and then rinse- it washes off much more easily than if you try to wet the hair first.
I have not tried the other applications mentioned but will now. Thanks everyone- have got some great tips from this site.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2009 12:32:00 PM More reviews by babydoll67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used coconut oil in the past as an eye make-up remover, body and face cream, lip treatment and hair treatment.

*****Eye make-up remover*****: Wonerful! It doesn't irritate my eyes like traditional eye make-up remover and it made my lashes conditioned, stronger and longer.

*****Facial/body moisturizer*****: Again, wonderful! It absorbed into my skin without feeling oily or greasy and made my skin so soft and smooth. It really made my face look radiant.

*****Lip treatment*****: Great before bed. Not so easy to transport to work and kind of oily on the lips during the day.

*****Foot treatment***** Before bed with a pair of cotton socks, make my feet super smooth. Great way to maintain a pedi.

*****Hair treatment*****EWWWWW!! It took FOREVER to get it out of my hair. Not going to try that again!

I hear it is great to combat toenail fungus as well, but have yet to know anyone who has tried it.

I will purchase and use this again and again. One jar lasts for over 7 months for me.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Nocturnefata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just tried this last night for the first time! I used it as a body moisturizer and it works well for that purpose. I don't feel as moisturized as I thought I would, which is ok. Smell dissipates about 2 hours later. I think this also in application helped with some of the small blemishes on my back. The only thing I don't like about it is how long it takes to soak in. Took almost 2 hours on some parts of my body and only moments on others. Seems like certain parts of me were drier then others!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2009 More reviews by allessandra00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I`ve been using coconut oil for a few months now, I m using it to remove my eye make up, and I have to confess my eyelashes are longer and fuller now, I never believed the reviews, but after using it for a while, I really noticed a difference in my lashes, you can give it a try too, it is very gentle, better than other expensive make up removers. As for skincare,I also use it on my face, in a great mix with elisabeth arden face cream, shea butter, glicerine, Q10, vitamin E, I made my own face cream mixing these things together, and I am happy with it, I know that no one can make a better face cream and sell it to us, on the market we can only find over priced chemicals. So I found an Ebay store with good prices on organic stuff...like glicerin, vitamins, and I do my own skin stuff, and as well body cream, I mixed shea butter with coconut oil, some bvlgari body lotion for the fragrance, and some glicerin and since I`ve been using this I can tell you I have baby skin, very soft, and naturally shiny. Try it you won`t be dissapointed.

~~~~Update~~~~For those with damaged hair, you should try Greek organic Olive oil instead of coconut oil, it works better, its more hydrating.As for face and make up removing, coconut oil still rocks, it`s made my eyelashes even fuller ;)