August 21, 2014 | 1981 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Oil Free eye makeup remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by NatureLover0685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Very gentle. Doesn't sting my eyes, and it removes waterproof mascara without a lot of hassle. I usually hold it to my eyes for 5-10 seconds before wiping and the remover would do the rest.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2009 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Jenls27

If you like Lancome's Bifacil then you will like this. It removes my mascara just as well. I hold the soaked cotton ball on my eyelashes for 5 seconds or so before wiping. The one drawback is it doesn't remove waterproof mascara at all.

Target has their own brand of this which is exactly the same and even cheaper at $4. Either one will do the trick.

I don't understand why they say oil free. Half of it is really oily but it does such a great job I don't mind. I just splash some water to remove it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by martagreen

Compared to Lancome's Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover, this works almost as well at removing makeup but is more gentle. Just soak some into a cotton ball and it wipes off eyeshadow and mascara (even waterproof) easily. Make sure you rinse afterward with water so there is no residue. It contains aloe barbadensis leaf juice, which soothes your skin, as well as cucumber fruit extract. It is also fragrance-free, which the Lancome version is not. And it is cheaper (about C$12.50 compared to C$34.00). I will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a cheaper alternative to Lancome Bificils at $8 (cheaper at Wal Mart). It's not a s good as the Pond's Bare & Repair (discontinued) but I was between makeup removers. It's not too oily but I don't find that it removes all traces of mascara or eyeliner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by marvin1

UPDATE: I have to change my rating from 4 to 2 after developing this sensitivity to it. My eyes are now itchy and dry after using this. I didn't want to believe it at first because this is such an affordable and otherwise effective remover, but it is true. After reading another reviewer's experience with irritation and thinking through what has changed in my routine, I am convinced that it's this. It's not a burning sensation, but a palpable dry/itchiness and warm sensation... Like the other reviewer, my eyes developed this reaction after a few months of use.

Before trying this, I thought the Mary Kay makeup remover was the best one I have tried. While that one is still one of my favourites, I feel that this Neutrogena one performs just as good. In fact, they are very similar both in terms of texture as well as performance. Yes it is a bit oily (just like the Mary Kay one) but I usually follow up with a face wash, and everything comes off, with no oily film left on my eyelids or eyeballs. Considering that I can get this from my local drug store, for almost half the price that I have to pay for a May Kay one on ebay, this one is preferable.

Not really a five lippie item as I am still in search for "THE" makeup remover. I wear a gel liner and waterproof mascara most days, and so far no eye makeup remover has managed to remove it all with no residue. The Andrea EyeQ pads came pretty close, but I just couldn't stand the oily film it would leave on my eyeballs (not to think of what it did to the surrounding skin). While I'm searching for my personal HG, this is a pretty good one to tide me over.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by waffelz

This is my regular choice for eyemakeup remover. it is non drying to the eye area which is important for me. It takes off my waterproof mascara and eyemakeup easily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a replacement to Lancome's Bifacil and this is IT !!! I love it ! Not oily and removes all my eye makeup in a flash. Will definitely be buying again!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Bisou25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's really oily, even if it's supposed to be oil-free, and it doesn't really remove my mascara. I tried to remove several brands of mascara with this, thinking that maybe some are too resistant to it, but it didn't remove any of them. I don't even wear waterproof makeup...

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2009 11:19:00 AM More reviews by cheerz2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I was in a pinch for some remover and forgot mine usual while travelling. I found this to be extremely oily even though i only used it once with a Q-tip. It left a very oily residue on my skin that I was not pleased with. However, it did do the trick which is why I rated a "2" but overall not happy with it because of how oily it left me when only using a Q-Tip

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 11:01:00 AM More reviews by angelakay016

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the one that I usually buy over and over though it's not my favorite. It certainly does the job, but my only complaint is that I have to work a little bit harder to get off waterproof mascara which I wear everyday. Mary Kay is my HG but this one is great for "normal" makeup removal and is quite affordable. In terms of drugstore EMU removers, I think this one is the best.