August 30, 2014 | 1744 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2007 9:05:00 PM More reviews by MumiTroll

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't really know what exactly it's doing. I have been using it at night for the last couple of weeks and I notice absolutely no difference. It does not affect my skin in a good or in a bad way. It just does nothing. Maybe I have to use it for a few months to notice the difference. But I don't think I will repurchase- unless after using up the whole bollte I notice something. The texture is a little too greasy-gooey for me even though it absorbs quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2007 6:08:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good staff is really work. I do not like this brand for my delicate skin BUT this serum is not break me out at all...so i probably buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2007 4:57:00 PM More reviews by mlouprice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this product for one week and I really love it. I use it every night with Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. It has helped clear up my hormonal acne, makes my skin smoother and gives me a really pretty glow. It's perfect for my temperamental, combination skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2006 1:15:00 PM More reviews by ssc2karen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have normal skin and is going to be 30 soon. I used a big bottle of this which lasted for over 6 monthes. I ususally apply both morning and night time. My feeling is that it is a bit oily and doesn't help much as they promised. It might work better if your main purpose is anti-aging but not moisturizing. Also this item is a bit pricey and probably not worth it for any one younger than 35.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2006 3:29:00 PM More reviews by addicted_to_makeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i have been using this for about a week now, and while i havent noticed any major improvements in skin, i am noticing subtle things. it is too early to tell, but i will update upon further use. i appreciate that estee lauder has given us the option to purchase a bigger and smaller size. i bought the small size since i never used this before but according to all you gals here it is a miracle in a little brown bottle. will update!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2006 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Zelora

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had a similar experience to another reviewer - the product felt as though it burned my skin, and then later I had red areas on my face for DAYS afterwards. This didn't happen the first, second, or third or whatever times I used it - only later. (We aren't born with allergies - they DEVELOP.)
I suspect this happens because of the perfume in the product, in conjunction with acids or other skin-penetrating substances in it. So the perfume, to which some of us are sensitive, is carried deep into the skin and irritates it BIGTIME! I would be really scared to use this product again, and in fact this experience has really turned me off Estee Lauder.
Clinique is owned and made by the same company, and often their products are the same thing without the perfume! Clinique always used to have a sort of anti-acne young-person image, but seems to have aged along with us boomers ;-)
I don't think Clinique has any product similar to Advanced Night Repair, which hints to me it isn't just the perfume that is irritating. There is (weirdly for a nighttime product), a sunscreen in the product (a cinnamate) and that one can be irritating too.
By the way, some sources say that anything which irritates your skin may actually cause slight DAMAGE.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2006 1:23:00 PM More reviews by reema2

i donot know what it is doing to me since i donot see any difference but i have to say it absorbes very well and there is no trace grease left on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2006 1:54:00 AM More reviews by LiL_Laurie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best product ever!!! I am in my early twenties, have very fair skin and still had troubles with breakouts. I saw an add for this in a magazine talking about how it helps heal skin etc and thought i would give it a try (since i try so many diff products looking for the HG my skin goes through quite a beating). Since i have started using it, i don't have breakouts, maybe a small pimple every few weeks or so, and the spot left goes in a day or so with this product. I use it day and night and i never have problems with dry skin, it is always smooth and clear, goes great under day/night cream and makeup. It is a bit pricey but worth every penny because i no longer need to go to the spa for facials to keep my skin clear.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2006 8:58:00 AM More reviews by alice_alix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was using that serum about 5 or 6 years ago and was quite satisfied with it. It is not spectacular in results but it is very decent. I like the packaging, too. I bought it 2 or 3 times, than I switched to some other brands. There are too many new serums to try now, so I'm not planning to purchase this one again, but I still think that this is one of the best Estee Lauder skincare products.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2006 2:19:00 AM More reviews by LadyRay713

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i got this in a little free sample baggy, it was the extremly small bottle hard to open, and no dropper so i was literally pouring it out for a few drops.

other then that, this product was horrible. sure it made your face feel good for about 15 min. after that its a burning sensation, all night i felt like i had put my face in a vat of vasiline. pure oil slick. i let it stay on all night, thinking "night repair" next morning what a shock. a face full of tiny red dots ALL over, especially on my cheeks.

its been two weeks and im still trying to recover from it. ive got dry patchy skin, that is still red.