December 18, 2014 | 1692 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2005 11:05:00 AM More reviews by MariaBraun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm quite apprehensive about using Dove products. Some of them are really good while others are absolutely horrible. For me the beauty bar is one of the bed ones. I used it for a good few months and ended up with little zits and not so little bumps on my face and my back. In my naivety I would never think that Dove gave me these as the bar apparently is hypoallergenic and soap-free. I even switched to the one for sensitive skin - still the same reaction. A few days ago I chucked it out and switched to a different product - Nivea Pampering Shower Oil and my skin is back to its normal healthy self. I still love the antiperspirant, the foam bath and even the body wash from Dove but I would never use any of the body bars again.
UPDATE: I used to like the body washes and was fine with them but now I end up with spots and a rash on my face and back after using them. When mixed with water the washes produce a foam that leaves a slimy film on my skin that take a bit to wash off. I really don't like Dove and will not be using it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2005 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Aries01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this and Oil of Olay bar soap. I love both, they are my regular soaps. I always go back to these. i have sensitive skin and they never cause dryness or problems. Also LOVE the dove body washes!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2005 1:12:00 AM More reviews by happyworldz

A nice "lotion" soap. Very moisturizing. But it can easily be dissolved in the water. So one bar won't last as long. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2005 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Mexipina

This is my HG soap, have used it forever and will continue to use this. I love the scent, I love that it lathers easily and isn't drying, it's gentle yet cleanses well. Plus you can't beat the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2005 2:24:00 PM More reviews by barbre

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I use it for my body and recently I used it as a face-cleanser, just to take a break of my regular cleansers (Lancaster for example). It's really great! It cleanses perfectly without drying my combo skin. I'm not sure yet, but if my skin keeps reacting like this to this soap, it might become a staple face-cleanser of mine. It's also dearty cheap! As for my body, I'm quite sure it's the best soap on the market(I don't like gels), it doesn't melt too fast and it leaves my skin extra soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2005 3:41:00 AM More reviews by fabchic

Been using this soap for the past 4 years. My dermatologist recommended it to me. It lathers up great and gently cleanses. I wouldnt switch to any other brand.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2005 3:59:00 PM More reviews by velveteenchaos

this bar is wayyy too drying for me to use on my face. i tried it for a week and my skin got so flaky, so i switched back to my normal cleanser and my skin went back to normal. i decided to use it again this morning and my face is like a desert. all dry, cracked, and lines showing up all over the place -- and i'm a teenager! icky.

i bet this is awesome on the body, but i haven't used it in the shower yet, but definately don't use this on your face!

i have combo, young skin (oily in t zone, dry everywhere else)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2005 6:52:00 PM More reviews by bebe_sam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best! I have the most sensitive skin in the world and this is perfect. Soothing, cleanses well, makes a rich lather and doesn't dry out my skin. Awesome!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2005 7:25:00 AM More reviews by zoemiller

I don't use this on my face as I find it blocks my pores. However on the body it just can't be beaten! Love! HG

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2005 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Empyrean_Luminary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Ah, Dove. It's like a comfy old sweater--not the most glamorous thing in the world, but reliable and useful. Sometimes I get on these skincare tangents and wildly buy all sorts of expensive products (Shiseido, Estee Lauder, Clarins) Which are all fine and dandy, but when I want to save a few bucks, smell clean and fresh, have soft, smooth skin, I always rely on my white Dove beauty bar.