Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 3/16/2006 9:34:00 PM

Great bar that gently cleanses and doesn't leave any residue, excellent for both face and body.

on 3/6/2006 2:53:00 AM

This is my holy grail face cleanser, nothing, at any price, works better. I used to have acne prone skin, but now I go barefaced 99.9% of the time, my skin is completely clear thanks to Dove.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using the Dove white bar for a few years now on my acne-prone skin, and it is great. I use to try harsh treatments that only worsened my complexion problems. Dove removes my makeup without overdrying or irritating. Just be sure to rinse it completely off. I don't need a moisturizer when I use this and you can't beat the price either.

on 2/10/2006 10:25:00 AM

Dove is a classic for a reason: it is a gentle soap, with a great scent at a very low price. The scent of Dove is relaxing and comforting like a fleece blanket. It reminds me a being a child and my mom. I love all sorts of bath and body products but I always have a bar of Dove. I also use it on my face- I have sensitive, normal to dry, acne prone skin and it is one of the very best cleansers for my skin. I have literally tried dozens of products (from drugstore to department store brands, including health food store and LUSH) and low and behold, Dove is the best for my skin! So it's a HG for me- and I can see myself always having Dove in my bathroom.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a great bar for your body, but on my face it was so drying. I bought it because I like to use cleansing bars over liquids, but I don't want my skin to be dried out at the same time. I saw 1/4 moisturizer on this, so I thought it would leave my skin soft. Well, it didn't. It just cleansed like a regular cleanser, and gave my skin a very tight, dried out feeling. However it did not aggravate my extremely sensitive skin, which was good. I wouldn't buy this again, as for me it was nothing great. Its good for body, but not face. I would have repurchased it for my body, but I now prefer to use natural products such as those from Lush, as I find they don't aggravate my skin.

on 1/16/2006 12:14:00 PM

I recommend using this for the body and not face.

Great soap, very good for my sensitive skin.

I broke out really badly when I started using this on my face so I cannot recommend it. It didn't feel moisturised either considering that it is supposed to contain mosturisers. No I will not be buying this again.

on 1/11/2006 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i used to use this soap off and on for years. i have very sensitive skin that is on the extreme combo side (extremely oily T-zone, extremely dry patchy cheeks). i don't know what it was with this soap, after about a week or so of using it, my skin started getting greasy, but my skin condition would only get more aggravated. sometimes, i'd get eczema as well. it might have been the detergents, i'm not sure (from what i understand Lever 2000 is made by the same company as Dove and i have skin issues with that soap too). i'd then switch to a non-detergent d/s soap and the problem would clear up. now... the only non-detergent d/s soaps available are clear glycerin soaps and Ivory. glycerine soaps don't really clean my skin well (at least, they don't FEEL clean), so i'd use Ivory, but my skin would get so dry--even though i'd slather on a$$loads of body creams.i've since found the perfect solution. at Costco, they sell this brand called Kirkland Signature, that offers a non-detergent soap with the same 1/4 moisturizing properties of Dove. you get 14 bars for $9, which is a pretty good deal. it feels like cold clay out of the package--but it's not mushy--it's a very hard bar, very creamy lather, it's very mild, and it rinses off cleaner than any non-detergent soap i've ever used (almost like a bodywash). if you liked Dove, but have skin that responds badly to detergent/soap combinations, pay a visit to Costco and give it a try.edited to add: the Costco soap is also vegetable based (no tallow: sodium tallowate, no lard: sodium lardate), for those of you looking for cruelty-free soaps. continued >>

on 1/7/2006 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A good, gentle cleansing bar. I prefer the body washes over the soaps, as the soap can be slightly drying for my skin sometimes, but moisturizing solves that problem. I like the clean, classic dove scent and the creamy lather. Rinses away without residue, which is a plus for me. Excellent for the warmer months.