Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

Great soap, very good for my sensitive skin.

I broke out really badly when I started using this on my face so I cannot recommend it. It didn't feel moisturised either considering that it is supposed to contain mosturisers. No I will not be buying this again.

on 1/11/2006 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i used to use this soap off and on for years. i have very sensitive skin that is on the extreme combo side (extremely oily T-zone, extremely dry patchy cheeks). i don't know what it was with this soap, after about a week or so of using it, my skin started getting greasy, but my skin condition would only get more aggravated. sometimes, i'd get eczema as well. it might have been the detergents, i'm not sure (from what i understand Lever 2000 is made by the same company as Dove and i have skin issues with that soap too). i'd then switch to a non-detergent d/s soap and the problem would clear up. now... the only non-detergent d/s soaps available are clear glycerin soaps and Ivory. glycerine soaps don't really clean my skin well (at least, they don't FEEL clean), so i'd use Ivory, but my skin would get so dry--even though i'd slather on a$$loads of body creams.i've since found the perfect solution. at Costco, they sell this brand called Kirkland Signature, that offers a non-detergent soap with the same 1/4 moisturizing properties of Dove. you get 14 bars for $9, which is a pretty good deal. it feels like cold clay out of the package--but it's not mushy--it's a very hard bar, very creamy lather, it's very mild, and it rinses off cleaner than any non-detergent soap i've ever used (almost like a bodywash). if you liked Dove, but have skin that responds badly to detergent/soap combinations, pay a visit to Costco and give it a try.edited to add: the Costco soap is also vegetable based (no tallow: sodium tallowate, no lard: sodium lardate), for those of you looking for cruelty-free soaps. continued >>

on 1/7/2006 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A good, gentle cleansing bar. I prefer the body washes over the soaps, as the soap can be slightly drying for my skin sometimes, but moisturizing solves that problem. I like the clean, classic dove scent and the creamy lather. Rinses away without residue, which is a plus for me. Excellent for the warmer months.

on 1/5/2006 1:12:00 AM

I cannot function without my Dove Bar. I was reminded of this when I went on vacation this month without it, and was forced to use the hotel soap. Oh the horror! It certainly made me realize how much I rely on Dove. I use it on my face as a gentle cleanser once a day, and a harsher cleansing product the other time. Since you can't mix benzol peroxide (can't spell - sorry) with sacyillic acid Dove is great when I want to use sacyillic acid products. I also use it to remove make-up from my eyes when I wash my face. Also important is that I use it to wash my body, it is gentle enough to not irritate anything. I pretty much can't live without this soap, it doesn't strip my skin or make it feel dry, and it cleans nicely. I am very acne prone and oily, and it works with my skin because you really can over-do it with harsh cleansers. Hurrah for Dove!

This beauty bar made my skin look more even and with all seasons, it's HIGHLY compatible with my sensitive combination skin. I used to use loose foundation, but now I don't use that anymore because I feel like I don't have anything to hide. Before, my skin felt uneven and rough, not balanced. For such a great price (2 bars for $1.99), I'd definitely repurchase over and over again! :)

Note: This is a wonderful bar to use in the shower/bath as well! I have it in White :)

on 12/9/2005 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've used this Dove White bar soap and the one with Vitamin E..i liked both of them. I've used Olay soap for a while and i found that it gave me pimples on my back. I'm acne-prone and the dove soaps didn't give me those pesky zits. It didn't stop them completely but i only get one or two now. The smell is also good even though it can be a bit strong. It didn't leave my skin dry either.

on 12/8/2005 10:34:00 PM

Comments are listed under Dove Beauty Bar and other one under Soaps

on 12/8/2005 10:28:00 PM

I love this product. I have been using this soap for years. This makes your skin feel great. The white is the best.

on 11/29/2005 8:16:00 PM

I have been using this product for years. The original bar is the greatest. I like the way it makes your skin feel clean! I think that it gets off all of my makeup. I use foundation/powder. Derm do recommend this product.