Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

This has been a HG item for me all my life! I have used Dove (either in pink or white) since I was 5 years old--that was 25 years ago.
I am a product junkie and I love all of my decadent shower gels and creams, but nothing is gentler on your skin than Dove. I happen to love Cetaphil on my face and will never switch, but Dove is something I use on every other part of me. It lathers well, rinses clean and I love the scent. It reminds me of being a little girl--that is comforting to me. It doesn't make me break out and my skin looks great. If my face needs a deep cleansing or is feeling oily, I will put this on my face instead of Cetaphil. I love Dove, and I did use it on my face as a teen when my skin was oily. I owe it to Dove for never having acne as a teen, in my opinion.
I also feel confident using this on my 2.5 year old. It doesn't irritate his skin at all.
White or pink, the classic Dove works great for me. I will use it even when I am 105!

Best Soap Ever!!!

I love the scent of the "unscented" Dove bar soap. It has a beautiful scent! I bought this for the first time this winter when one of my daughters had very dry hands and washing with soap was just becoming painful for her. This creamy delightful soap had her back in shape within a week. I'm tempted to try the scented version now, because I love this fragrance so much....it may be even better!! (Perfect for shaving my legs too) UPDATE: Tried the regular white bar, that is scented. It's just no where as wonderful as the unscented white bar, which ironically has a better scent!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!! To all those girls out there who are racing to the store everytime a new facialproduct promises great skin to no aval. Try just a plain ol bar of dove on your face and see a difference.Promise. I've tried everything form neutrogena, clean and clear, aveeno, st. ives, phisoderm, olay ---Nothing compared to a single bar of dove soap. It does not even cost more than 2 dollars. I use it everyday for my face and it works miracles. It is soft and it cleans excellently. A must have for me for my life!!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Fantastic, gentle cleanser. Great for the body and/or the face. Not expensive, works well. No bells and whistles but a very fine product at a very good price. Leaves my skin very soft and in great condition. Highly recommend. Minor Warning: Dove is a gentle soap, but dont't use a lot of lather on your face just because it is so gentle. It may dry out your skin or cause acne prone skin to act up. Other than that-Stellar product.

I use the original white dove bar also to wash my hair and it works great! Makes my hair soft, clean and lush. think shampoos are harsher. try it.

OK- This one is a classic. The scent is sooo clean and soft. I keep a bar in my closet just to give my clothes that purely clean smell. Whenever I travel, this comes with me, because I can use it to remove makeup as well as bathe. Fabulous.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have extremely dry skin and this is the only product I can use daily. It leaves my skin, clean, supple, and happy. It helps to even out my skin tone and is just perfect. I occasionally like to use something else like LUSH or Yves Rocher products but I can only use them sparingly because LUSH (soaps and gels) are extremely drying and I YR is somewhat less moisturizing than Dove. I can use Dove on my face and body and it is the only product that will stabilize my skin following a LUSH binge.

Ah I love this soap. I love the comforting smell, perhaps because I used this when I was little? But the smell is nice. I have normal-ish skin and this does not dry out my skin. If all fails, I know I can always count on my Dove to keep my skin clean without any surprises. I still like to use other bars but this one never fails me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After reading the reviews on this, I ran out and got a 2-pack. I don't know why I never considered using this again! I used it when I was little, before the body wash craze. I can see why my mom won't use anything else. The smell totally reminded me of being a little girl, as other reviewers have said.
I love the way my skin felt after getting out of the shower, and I even used it to shave with....no more expensive separate shaving gel for me! I also washed my face with it and it feels so smooth and comfortable. I've read that other reviewers call this their HG cleanser for acne prone sensitive skin. Keeping my fingers crossed that it helps me too!! I've spent way too much money on countless other cleansers and harsh products. It would be heaven if I only had to spend 5 dollars for 6 bars of soap for the rest of my life! Will keep you updated on the status of my luck with this!!!

UPDATE: OMG! I am so happy this is working for me! I've been using this on my face for about 1 month now and no new breakouts! My skin is so smooth!! AND I got a 6 pack of the bars at Walmart that came with a free full size Dove Deoderant (the new clear stick in cool cucumber like scent). I was so happy!