Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 9/1/2005 11:40:00 PM

I adore this soap!! I have used other soaps and shower gels that I have received as gifts from "Body Shops" and finally told my husband "no more body shop gels or soaps" they are expensive and are not superior to this bar soap. I have small girls and they use "mommy's" soap because "daddy's" deodorant soap makes them itchy (most mommy's with girls know about this) so it is great for those sensitive areas...and leaves skin soft and smooth feeling!!!

on 8/27/2005 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i've been using this all my life! it smells really good, lathers up nice, and moisturizes well. i once tried some of those pH testing papers on it (because i heard that this soap balances pH in skin) and it prooved that this soap isnt as alkaline as Ivory or Zest.

on 8/27/2005 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff, I've been using this since I was a small child. It is the only commercial, mass-market soap that does not dry out and irritate my skin. And I adore that comforting, soft smell. A wonderful product for the price.

on 8/26/2005 10:28:00 AM

I've been using this soap my entire life, and though I've occasionally tried switching when given gifts from the Body Shop or wherever, I've never found anything better, and always go back to this one. I've always had very soft skin, so I can't say if its because of this soap or if this soap just works well for me. I used to use this on my face in some of my teen years, but now that i'm in my 20s and don't have the same adolescent problems, I just use it as a body soap. However, in a pinch, when I don't have my (MB) face soap around, I use this- lather in my hands and add water, then splash the soapy water on my face- and its fine. I wouldn't use any more thickly on my skin though. By far the most gentle soap I've found.

on 8/23/2005 2:20:00 AM

Although this bar is fairly good for your body, I wouldn't use it on my face, for it is too drying. I simply cannot see where all that moisturizing cream it claims to contain is. Yet the smell is absolutely the best one around

So-so body soap. Not much to say about this one. Pretty generic, althought this soap is a lot more moisturizing than other bar soaps.

on 8/1/2005 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I absolutely love love love this soap!!! I have dry skin and have always prefered soaps to gels/cream washes so it was quite a search looking for a bar soap that would not dry out my skin. On a trip to the doctor's concerning the eczema I developed on my lower legs, he suggested I use dove soap. That was 8 years ago and I haven't looked back since then. Although I still have some eczema, its nowhere near as bad as it used to be. This soap really is amazing, cleans my skin gently without drying it out and my scaly lower legs are cured of most of the dry eczematous skin.
Another thing I noticed with dove soap is that the longer I use it the less lotion/cream I need to use afterwards!! I.e. I use less lotion now than I did 8 years ago, so I'm saving on that. Not that dove costs the earth or anything!!

on 7/24/2005 4:37:00 AM

My skin is extremely sensitive, and this is the only product that I have ever used that doesn't make my skin break out. My beauty staple.

Everyone else who wrote a review seemed to love this stuff, but I was not so impressed. Just to specify, I only used this on my body as it would have been way too drying for my face. It seems like fairly generic soap to me, and although it claims to be "1/4 moisturizer" it actually dried out my skin, which is not usually something I ever experience as my skin tends to be fairly oily. I actually felt like I needed a moisturizer right out of the shower, which was a first for me. The smell is the usual wonderful Dove scent but it doesn't linger. If you like Dove products (which I usually do), I would recommend one of the body washes over this.

on 7/20/2005 12:47:00 PM

I've been using liquid Neutrogena for almost a year because it was working. However, I notice that even though I haven't broken out my skin was getting extremely dry. Dry to the point of having scaly patches on my cheeks. In desperation I tried Dove soap on my face yesterday and my skin feels and looks so much better today. I'm going to try this for a while and I will update later as to whether or not this works as a facial cleanser. My skin used to be combo/oily but I think that it has switched to combo/dry. UPDATE: This is terrible as a face soap but lovely as a body soap. After two uses I broke out into red bumps on my face. My mother always said never use soap on your face and I have to agree.