Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

on 6/24/2006 1:47:00 AM

The smell was pretty bad, but I got past that. I found that it dried out my skin rediculously quickly and turned fairly good skin into a dry flaking mess. Not my idea of what a toner should do.

on 6/18/2006 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I tried to use this, but I just could NOT get past the hospitals/bandaids/rubbery smell. Something about it instantly turns my stomach (and I'm a diehard user of Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar depite the fact that it smells like stinky feet!). The product itself is very thin, like water. Comes in a gigantic bottle for $5, it'll last you ages. That is, if you can actually bring yourself to use it on your face--the smell shoots right up your nose. It's gentler than Apple Cider Vinegar, but since my skin is super oily and fairly tough, I think I'll use the Apple Cider Vinegar instead. Witch hazel just stinks too much, and I need a slightly stronger toner to clarify my skin. continued >>

on 6/7/2006 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is awesome. And CHEAP! Removes every last trace of make-up and leaves my skin feeling clean and doesn't dry it out! This is my HG!!

on 5/6/2006 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is awesome. i mean it's not some miracle product but it's just an effective toner that makes your skin feel very clean. it's also so cheap that it's worth to just have it it around for things like cuts and burns and shaving ouchies. Even if you wanna use another toner just keep it around. It is a toner that is really more than a toner. I used it to clean up a nasty cut I got I got once. The smell is AWFUL but I've gotten so used to it i don;t even notice it anymore

on 5/4/2006 11:51:00 AM

This is my HG toner. I add green tea and evening primrose oil to it in order to off set the alcohol content. It is very refreshing and doesn't freak out my sensitive skin. My mom introduced it to me years ago. Witch hazel has many uses and it is a great item to add to a first aid kit, in place of peroxide or alcohol.

on 4/29/2006 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is fantastic. It does smell funky at first but it quickly goes away. It does not burn and it helps with my oily acne prone skin. My husand loves it too. He is extremely oily especially on the nose and this keeps the oil at bay without drying out the skin. What a great price too!!! HIGHLY recommended!

on 4/25/2006 3:47:00 PM

Where have I been? This stuff is great. I got a free sample of this & I love it. The smell is awful but thats a small price to pay for the outcome. I have been breaking out like never before--which really hurts cuz I'm 35 and thought I was well over the breakout stage--but anywho...I bought just about every acne product out there to no avail. I just started using this & miraculously my acne has ceased & my skin is clearing up, even the redness has faded. I'm so sold on this. I follow it with some Clearasil and I'm good to go.

Maybe I haven't given it enough of a chance, but I just can't bear using it anymore. The scent just lingers for me and it reminds me of the Chinese herbal stuff my parents used to make me take. Ugh. My skin's not problematic enough to keep using it, but if I ever get oiler or start breaking out, maybe I'll give it another try.

on 3/26/2006 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I never used a toner before I started using this about a year ago. I have repurchased the full size bottle three times because this has improved my acne, and kept my oily skin under control. I apply this once a day after washing my face. I think not washing my face more than once a day has also helped my skin as well, but I'm confident witch hazel has played a major role as well.

on 3/21/2006 6:55:00 PM

i really liek this toner... its the best I have used so far!

Popular Face Skincare Products