July 31, 2014 | 1257 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2005 4:57:00 AM More reviews by neicy81

Love this stuff. I just go over my face with a cotton ball and it looks clean and clear, like I just drank 8 glasses of water for the day. The huge bottle makes it hard to run out of anytime soon too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2005 3:12:00 AM More reviews by trinity_girl2002

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A very good, cheap toner. It gets everything out of my skin. It's a big bottle for a cheap price, and does the same job as the toners that go for much more. I love using it to clean my face when I get home from work since it's not too powerful for my face but absorbs all the dirt and grime from the commute home on the bus.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2005 12:09:00 AM More reviews by sll74

i've been using witch hazel as my only "toner" for several months with great success. i realize before i bought into the notion that a toner could save my face. i made several adjustments including using plain old witch hazel and it gets the job done. i don't see ever changing from this beauty basic. try it ladies. i have oily acne prone skin. if you do too consider you washes AND the treatments on your skin but for a nice toner to balance your skin give this product a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2005 10:36:00 AM More reviews by BEBE_T

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used witch hazel as an astringent/toner since I was in high school. I cannot imagine being without it. I use it morning and night, after washing. Even though I know that I am rinsing well and I've got little or no residue left behind from my wash, this makes my skin feel that much cleaner and refreshed. And, this is particularly nice for the mornings when I just rinse my skin with water. This is without scent and it does not dry nor irritate my fairly normal skin. I love this stuff and do not expect a time when I will not re-purchase this.

08/2007 UPDATE: I won't change the rating of this, as I do believe it woks well for those who can use it. I am pretty sure it doesn't work well with my rosacea, these days, so I don't use it anymore.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2005 1:48:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the worst thing I've ever used on my face. After using this for a few days I noticed my face began getting extreemly dry and started making horrible dry patches that were hard to get rid of, especially on my nose. It was a nightmare! It took me a almost a week to get my skin back to normal. It had to be this product beause it was the only product in my routine that I changed. I will never buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2005 11:44:00 PM More reviews by twisted_prncess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. I used to use the generic stuff from drugstores but after stumbling upon this gem at an isle end in wal-mart i was ECSTATIC! My favorie thing about this is that it is 100% NATURAL witch hazel extract. There are 2 ingredients in this bottle.... and Im so glad its not pumped full of oils, perfumes and other junk. Exactly what I needed! I use it as a daily toner, its perfect!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2005 4:21:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I would've given it a 5 rating if it didn't have alcohol in it...then I could've used it on my face. I bought this to use for the home-made tendskin since there was a rebate offer on the label (BTW: I actually received a rebate check for the full purchase price about 5 months later). It does what it's supposed to do, is pretty cheap even before the rebate, and easy to find. It's always nice to have some witch hazel on hand. The scent is not great, but hey, it's witch hazel. I think I'm going to buy Thayer's next, since I'm looking into gentle toners for my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2005 8:36:00 AM More reviews by megadrone

GREAT PRODUCT!! A must have if you need to clean your pores. Makes my skin soooo healthy looking and it's so cheap. Should have found this years ago

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2005 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Nomisita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for about a week and have to say that I am very pleased. It seems to be clearing up a minor breakout I was having, and all in all I think my skin tone has improved. It leaves my skin feeling clean but not overly dry, despite the alcohol content, and the witch hazel smell, while a bit off-putting, fades quickly, and is nowhere NEAR as offensive as the vile smell of apple cider vinegar, another popular natural toner. I will keep using this. Cheap as can be, too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2005 10:51:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After trying all kinds of toners to use in the morning, I decided to give this a try. It works great on my combo, acne prone skin. A totally non-irritating astringent. The witch hazel odor evaporates fast, so the scent lingering is not a problem. I like that this is so affordabe, natural, and no preservatives. One 16 oz bottle will last a long time. Great mixed 50/50 with lavender, rose or orange blossom hydrosols and used as a toner.