August 29, 2014 | 979 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2005 11:07:00 AM More reviews by tea713

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product. I started using it about 18 months ago with great results, then I ran out about 7 months ago and my SO bought me another toner to replace it. I decided to return to this about a month ago after trying several different kinds of toners and having HORRIBLE results -- breakouts, dry patches, etc. This does wonders for my skin -- my skin looks much healthier, clearer and my face actually feels soft after using this, not dry at all. It's cheap too and the large bottle lasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2005 3:39:00 PM More reviews by violetsrblack

Love it! I can't believe how cheap it is. The scent is strong, yes, but I am getting used to it. If you want to know, it smells a lot like whiskey to me. I love that it works just as well as Clinique and for a fraction of the price. I love that it only has two ingredients: alcohol and witch hazel. It's keeping my skin clear (yay!) and that's the important thing.

It's also an excellent hair color remover from your skin when you're home coloring. I used to rely on Clinique for that, too.

Thank you, MUA, for cluing me in on this fabulous product!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2005 5:19:00 PM More reviews by dewdropsjd

Stinks to high heaven. Had to return it because the smell is overwhelming.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2005 4:59:00 PM More reviews by garlandfairy

This toner worked pretty well for me. It was a large bottle, so it did last for awhile, and it didn't strip my skin, actually-somewhat-moisturized my skin. The only problem I had with this was that the smell was not very appealing. Well, at least the scent didn't linger.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2005 4:57:00 AM More reviews by neicy81

Love this stuff. I just go over my face with a cotton ball and it looks clean and clear, like I just drank 8 glasses of water for the day. The huge bottle makes it hard to run out of anytime soon too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2005 3:12:00 AM More reviews by trinity_girl2002

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A very good, cheap toner. It gets everything out of my skin. It's a big bottle for a cheap price, and does the same job as the toners that go for much more. I love using it to clean my face when I get home from work since it's not too powerful for my face but absorbs all the dirt and grime from the commute home on the bus.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2005 12:09:00 AM More reviews by sll74

i've been using witch hazel as my only "toner" for several months with great success. i realize before i bought into the notion that a toner could save my face. i made several adjustments including using plain old witch hazel and it gets the job done. i don't see ever changing from this beauty basic. try it ladies. i have oily acne prone skin. if you do too consider you washes AND the treatments on your skin but for a nice toner to balance your skin give this product a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2005 10:36:00 AM More reviews by BEBE_T

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used witch hazel as an astringent/toner since I was in high school. I cannot imagine being without it. I use it morning and night, after washing. Even though I know that I am rinsing well and I've got little or no residue left behind from my wash, this makes my skin feel that much cleaner and refreshed. And, this is particularly nice for the mornings when I just rinse my skin with water. This is without scent and it does not dry nor irritate my fairly normal skin. I love this stuff and do not expect a time when I will not re-purchase this.

08/2007 UPDATE: I won't change the rating of this, as I do believe it woks well for those who can use it. I am pretty sure it doesn't work well with my rosacea, these days, so I don't use it anymore.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2005 1:48:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the worst thing I've ever used on my face. After using this for a few days I noticed my face began getting extreemly dry and started making horrible dry patches that were hard to get rid of, especially on my nose. It was a nightmare! It took me a almost a week to get my skin back to normal. It had to be this product beause it was the only product in my routine that I changed. I will never buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2005 11:44:00 PM More reviews by twisted_prncess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. I used to use the generic stuff from drugstores but after stumbling upon this gem at an isle end in wal-mart i was ECSTATIC! My favorie thing about this is that it is 100% NATURAL witch hazel extract. There are 2 ingredients in this bottle.... and Im so glad its not pumped full of oils, perfumes and other junk. Exactly what I needed! I use it as a daily toner, its perfect!