August 1, 2014 | 1748 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Lemon Aid

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2002 12:46:00 AM More reviews by danielac11375

I bought this product because the concept sounded so cool and I have the darkest circles. This product is so yellow, cakey, and application / wear is extremely poor. I tried it once and threw it out. I was very dissapointed. The coverage was not good either.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2002 11:43:00 AM More reviews by ikky

This thing is like a thick paste. So hard to blend and feels totally made-up and unatural. The consistency is the thing that grossed me out the most. If it's this hard to blend, you must be doing a lot of damage to the delicate eye area by doing so. The color is not for everyone either, too light, and the whole product feels like industrial paint. Package looks very cheap also.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2002 10:48:00 AM More reviews by bmom76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bleah! Too yellow, too dry and wouldn't blend. I returned this ASAP!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2002 5:04:00 PM More reviews by biondetta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't have dark areas around my eyes, but I do have areas that are definitely darker than my very fair skin, so I usually use some sort of concealer to even out my tone before applying eyeshadow, etc. After seeing Lemon-Aid in the BeneFit catalogue, I decided to give it a try. I definitely like this product. I can use it under eye shadow or on its own and it really brightens up my eye area. I tried using the sponge applicator, but it didn't really work very well, so I just use my finger, which works very well. It's designed just for the eyelids and not undereye circles, so if you want it for dark circles under the eye, I don't recommend it, but if you need just a little lightening in that area, it works pretty well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2002 10:37:00 AM More reviews by andreabug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this product. it makes me look awake, and makes my eyes look bright and even. the texture is hard to apply with the given sponge applicator, but when i use my finger it is perfect. if i put too much on though, i find that it is more prone to crease. but it is so natural looking when i dont want to wear eyeshadow. i can't live without this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2002 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Sugar76

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I purchased this mainly to use it as an eyeshadow base. Oh how incorrect was I to make such an assumption. The texture is extremely streaky. The sponge applicator is useless. I find that the product needs to be warmed between my fingers before application and even then, the result is still uneveness. After forsaking it as an e/s base, I decided, for some godly unknown reason, to attempt to use it as a concealer to brighten up my undereye area. Another big mistake. It made lines appear where there aren't any and is very crepey looking. Ladies, beware.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2002 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Trilby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I pull Lemon-Aid out when I'm seriously, seriously sleep deprived. I usually use a yellow-toned powder eyeshadow as a base; when my circles are really bad, I use the Lemon-Aid as a layer under the powder shadow. I find that it virtually erases my eyelid shadows and makes me look rested and serene. It's an extra step that I wouldn't want to take every day, but it does the trick when needed. As far as an eyeshadow base goes, this is a waxy, rather than creamy product, so it makes my eyeshadows crease a little, but not too badly. I have dry skin, though; I can imagine it giving trouble to oily-skinned gals.Once in a while I also use it extremely lightly on under-eye circles, and it helps there, too. I don't really like the packaging: the plastic cover sometimes sticks to the product and is hard to remove, and I don't use the sponge tip applicator. I prefer to use my finger. The mirror is handy, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2002 6:44:00 PM More reviews by hipchick66

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this, as I don't always wear eyeshadow, but it creased on my eye only 1/2 hour after applying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2002 10:35:00 AM More reviews by achyo

I was skeptical about Lemon-Aid at first but quickly realized how great this stuff actually is! I use it everyday and it really does brighten up my eyes. Used in conjunction with BeneFit's Boi-ing concealer and you've got it made!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2002 3:30:00 PM More reviews by DaisyJane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I couldn't get this to work for me. I thought it would have been like a powder instead of a thick waxy cream. Right away, I knew the tiny applicator had to go so I tried applying to my finger and it just made my under eye area all red from rubbing. - Nice packaging but way too expensive for what it's worth!