BeneFit Cosmetics Lemon Aid

3.2

titanium dioxide(CI77891) Ozokerite, talc, neopenyl glycol dicaprylate, tidecyl trimellite, lanolin oil,PPG-2 myrystyl ether propionate, kaolin, iron oxides, fragrance, butylparaben, citronellol, BHA, hexyl cinnamal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, benzyl benzoate.

I have read some of the comments below, and let me say that you people (tm) do not read directions well enough. If you did, you would notice that Lemon-Aid is neither a concealer, nor an eye shadow base. Lemon-Aid is a cream for your EYELIDS on those days when you want to achieve the look of a more even complexion without without wearing eye shadow. It's like a 'no make-up' make-up. It is not meant for any other part of your face other than the eyelids. That is why you hate the product. You don't know how to use it. If you want a concealer, try boi-ing. If you want an eye shadow base, try f.y...eye. If you want to look awake and refreshed, use Lemon-Aid on your EYELIDS! Get it?

on 11/15/2002 10:53:00 AM

One of the theories behind this product is that yellow "neutralizes" purple; ie shadows, eye-circles, etc. A great idea, if only it worked for me... it didn't. Applied with a taklon concealer brush, the creamy-powder texture was nice, but it just didn't cover enough. If your eye discoloration is dark, like mine, you'll need concealer anyway so this just seems like a wasted step. BTW, zapping it with a hot hair dryer for a few seconds to warm it up before using makes it more blendable.

on 11/6/2002 2:08:00 PM

I really like this stuff! I was kind of mystified by all the people who complained about it being a bad undereye concealer. The ads for it make it pratty clear that's it's primarily intended for use on your eyelids so they don't look blotchy. I have very fair skin and my eyelids tend to look pinkish and blotchy, so I use this as an eyeshdow base. It works wonderfully at neutralizing the red blotches. Sometimes don't even bother with eyeshadow.

on 10/26/2002 12:46:00 AM

I bought this product because the concept sounded so cool and I have the darkest circles. This product is so yellow, cakey, and application / wear is extremely poor. I tried it once and threw it out. I was very dissapointed. The coverage was not good either.

on 9/24/2002 11:43:00 AM

This thing is like a thick paste. So hard to blend and feels totally made-up and unatural. The consistency is the thing that grossed me out the most. If it's this hard to blend, you must be doing a lot of damage to the delicate eye area by doing so. The color is not for everyone either, too light, and the whole product feels like industrial paint. Package looks very cheap also.

on 9/17/2002 10:48:00 AM

Bleah! Too yellow, too dry and wouldn't blend. I returned this ASAP!

on 9/2/2002 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't have dark areas around my eyes, but I do have areas that are definitely darker than my very fair skin, so I usually use some sort of concealer to even out my tone before applying eyeshadow, etc. After seeing Lemon-Aid in the BeneFit catalogue, I decided to give it a try. I definitely like this product. I can use it under eye shadow or on its own and it really brightens up my eye area. I tried using the sponge applicator, but it didn't really work very well, so I just use my finger, which works very well. It's designed just for the eyelids and not undereye circles, so if you want it for dark circles under the eye, I don't recommend it, but if you need just a little lightening in that area, it works pretty well.

on 8/25/2002 10:37:00 AM

i love this product. it makes me look awake, and makes my eyes look bright and even. the texture is hard to apply with the given sponge applicator, but when i use my finger it is perfect. if i put too much on though, i find that it is more prone to crease. but it is so natural looking when i dont want to wear eyeshadow. i can't live without this stuff.

on 8/4/2002 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I purchased this mainly to use it as an eyeshadow base. Oh how incorrect was I to make such an assumption. The texture is extremely streaky. The sponge applicator is useless. I find that the product needs to be warmed between my fingers before application and even then, the result is still uneveness. After forsaking it as an e/s base, I decided, for some godly unknown reason, to attempt to use it as a concealer to brighten up my undereye area. Another big mistake. It made lines appear where there aren't any and is very crepey looking. Ladies, beware.

on 7/24/2002 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I pull Lemon-Aid out when I'm seriously, seriously sleep deprived. I usually use a yellow-toned powder eyeshadow as a base; when my circles are really bad, I use the Lemon-Aid as a layer under the powder shadow. I find that it virtually erases my eyelid shadows and makes me look rested and serene. It's an extra step that I wouldn't want to take every day, but it does the trick when needed. As far as an eyeshadow base goes, this is a waxy, rather than creamy product, so it makes my eyeshadows crease a little, but not too badly. I have dry skin, though; I can imagine it giving trouble to oily-skinned gals.Once in a while I also use it extremely lightly on under-eye circles, and it helps there, too. I don't really like the packaging: the plastic cover sometimes sticks to the product and is hard to remove, and I don't use the sponge tip applicator. I prefer to use my finger. The mirror is handy, though.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products