April 16, 2014 | 2013 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Lemon Aid

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2002 10:48:00 AM More reviews by bmom76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bleah! Too yellow, too dry and wouldn't blend. I returned this ASAP!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2002 5:04:00 PM More reviews by biondetta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't have dark areas around my eyes, but I do have areas that are definitely darker than my very fair skin, so I usually use some sort of concealer to even out my tone before applying eyeshadow, etc. After seeing Lemon-Aid in the BeneFit catalogue, I decided to give it a try. I definitely like this product. I can use it under eye shadow or on its own and it really brightens up my eye area. I tried using the sponge applicator, but it didn't really work very well, so I just use my finger, which works very well. It's designed just for the eyelids and not undereye circles, so if you want it for dark circles under the eye, I don't recommend it, but if you need just a little lightening in that area, it works pretty well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2002 10:37:00 AM More reviews by andreabug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this product. it makes me look awake, and makes my eyes look bright and even. the texture is hard to apply with the given sponge applicator, but when i use my finger it is perfect. if i put too much on though, i find that it is more prone to crease. but it is so natural looking when i dont want to wear eyeshadow. i can't live without this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2002 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Sugar76

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I purchased this mainly to use it as an eyeshadow base. Oh how incorrect was I to make such an assumption. The texture is extremely streaky. The sponge applicator is useless. I find that the product needs to be warmed between my fingers before application and even then, the result is still uneveness. After forsaking it as an e/s base, I decided, for some godly unknown reason, to attempt to use it as a concealer to brighten up my undereye area. Another big mistake. It made lines appear where there aren't any and is very crepey looking. Ladies, beware.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2002 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Trilby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I pull Lemon-Aid out when I'm seriously, seriously sleep deprived. I usually use a yellow-toned powder eyeshadow as a base; when my circles are really bad, I use the Lemon-Aid as a layer under the powder shadow. I find that it virtually erases my eyelid shadows and makes me look rested and serene. It's an extra step that I wouldn't want to take every day, but it does the trick when needed. As far as an eyeshadow base goes, this is a waxy, rather than creamy product, so it makes my eyeshadows crease a little, but not too badly. I have dry skin, though; I can imagine it giving trouble to oily-skinned gals.Once in a while I also use it extremely lightly on under-eye circles, and it helps there, too. I don't really like the packaging: the plastic cover sometimes sticks to the product and is hard to remove, and I don't use the sponge tip applicator. I prefer to use my finger. The mirror is handy, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2002 6:44:00 PM More reviews by hipchick66

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this, as I don't always wear eyeshadow, but it creased on my eye only 1/2 hour after applying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2002 10:35:00 AM More reviews by achyo

I was skeptical about Lemon-Aid at first but quickly realized how great this stuff actually is! I use it everyday and it really does brighten up my eyes. Used in conjunction with BeneFit's Boi-ing concealer and you've got it made!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2002 3:30:00 PM More reviews by DaisyJane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I couldn't get this to work for me. I thought it would have been like a powder instead of a thick waxy cream. Right away, I knew the tiny applicator had to go so I tried applying to my finger and it just made my under eye area all red from rubbing. - Nice packaging but way too expensive for what it's worth!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2002 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Alysabeth99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall, I'm very pleased with this product. Helps my eyeshadow last longer and gives a good, even tone to my eyelid. I also think it gives the e/s colors the ability to show up more "rich." I would buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2002 8:35:00 AM More reviews by nakobear

I don't know what to think of this product. It went on way too yellow on my skin tone. It's a tad bit hard to blend it too. I'm hoping that I'll have better results with FY eye as a base.