October 24, 2014 | 1702 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by sunstar29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love these! I too picked up mine at Rexall with the buy one get one deal, and picked up cotton candy and cherry tart. Cotton candy is about the same color as my natural lips, but gives a nice sheer gloss with a bit of shimmer.

Cherry tart is a flattering neutral red, it doesn't have any overwhelming blue or orange undertones. This gives my lips a wash of sheer red that definitely looks noticeable and festive, but without being TOO much of a statement lip. I don't usually wear lipstick, and I feel like this looks really noticeable but still feels wearable. I'm going to wear a coat or too of benetint underneath this for holiday parties to get more color and staying power.

Both formulas feel really nice, they apply easily and seem to sink in well, and definitely feel moisturizing like any other lip butter.

One thing--make sure you exfoliate your lips before applying these. I find they do sort of accentuate any chapping. Not on the same level as a lip stain would, but enough so it's noticeable.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by KrisFish

Got this at buy one get one free at Rexall, so very pleasantly surprised! I don't care how much they were hyped, they definitely live up to the hype. These glide on effortlessly, keeps your lips moisturized the whole time and have a great sheen to them to boot. No, they don't wear as long as normal lipsticks, but as a person with extremely drying lips, you must understand moisturizing lipsticks never last as long as the normal ones. I don't mind at all reapplying ever 3 hours or so, the product is so light on my lips, it's like I'm wearing just lipbalm! The only warning I give about these is that the lighter shades go on very sheer so if you're looking for an opaque color go for the darker ones. Love this so much, I think I might end up buying the whole line!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by shwpar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Bought 4 today at Rexall..well bought 2 got 4(BOGO)...can't beat the price at CAD$4.75 each.....I got Red Velvet, Fig jam, Sugar Plum and Berry Smoothie. Not impressed with Berry Smoothie...it looks off on my face. Love the rest though...best of the lot is Red Velvet,it gives my lips a berry red stain...perfect for the season. Fig jam and Sugar plum are nice too, a sheer brown and a mauvey plum. Love the texture..soft and buttery...All lip products are BOGO this week at Rexall.....cheapest I have seen them in Canada so far....

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Ckeung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I live in Toronto, Canada and I just saw them today at my local Shoppers Drug Mart for about $10.49 ish. But they are also found on well.ca (free Canadian shipping, no min purchase) for $8.99! I didnt buy any yet, just letting everyone know :)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Avon Slick Tint in Glossy Wine anyone?
That's what these remind me of. These ruined the condition of my lips. I have tried lip butters when they very first came out. I wanted to try them for some time before writing my review. Being that I am only a pink/nude gal all of the pinks and the creme brule swatch came out more pigmented on my hand and when applying on my lips I had to go back and forth on my lip it least 6xs for them to show on my lips,then after all that they smear off my lips within 10 minutes. The creme brule did not even show up on my lips at all. For how much you have to apply you would definitely go through a tube of this fast. Most were just sheer or sheer with shimmer to me. Way too many light, frosty, cool colors that I can't wear. These show up depending on your lip texture and your lip pigmentation. Pink truffle shows up on me but I can see red/brown in it so I don't like it that much,to much brown for me and looks like a lippie from the 90's. It's simply an over-hyped and over priced sheer lipstick and . It provides no extra moisture to my lips, but how could it if it's off within 10 minutes? The only true part about the advertisement is that it's shiny. These felt greasy and I'm not sure why these dried out my lips somehow either. So much for the "lip butter" aspect. I really hate these and I think they look a sloppy mess after I had to go around and around and back and forth on my lip to get some kind of pigment then I had color underneath my lip and above that I had to look out for and on top of that they showed every line in my lips. I think they are a pain. The shades that I would go for are either to sheer or have shimmer and even if I did like a shade I still would not wear it for how severely dry my lips became. These ruined the condition of my lips and completely dried them out to the point that they hurt. I have been repairing them with lanolin ointment since. I don't touch mine at all and won't again after what they did to my lips. These win the most hyped up product of 2011!!!!!!!!!!! Point is, everyone is entitled to disclose their experience with a product, honestly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by fortheloveoflipstick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love love love these! I picked up Pink Truffle and Gumdrop and I plan on going back for more! I love the fact that their moisturizing, they have a slight shine so no lipgloss needed, their pigmented enough to wear alone, and the color selection is amazing. I'm dying to get my hands on Red Velvet!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by ulliellax

So usually i'm more of a lip balm person but after hearing all the hype about these lip butters i decided to give them a try.

Price: I'm from Canada so its more expensive here.. i got mine for $10.49 a piece.. but i heard they're only 7.49 in the US. But by comparing the quality of the product, it's definitely worth it!

Packaging: its pretty cute packaging for drug store cosmetic. The sides are colored and have a quilted pattern on them, the bullet is silver and the bullet cap secures tightly onto the bottom so you don't have to worry about it moving around in your purse/bag

They come in soooo many pretty colors.. i spent quite some time in there just deciding which one to get and i ended up buying peach parfait (peachy pink) and cotton candy (girly pink) which i find are very natural looking and good for everyday and compliment any makeup look

They are super moisturizing.. i tried them on and took it off before a nap earlier today and when i woke up (three hours later LOL) my lips were super soft feeling! These are super recommended especially since winter is here.

I'm a huge fan and like everyone else who tried these, i have also fallen deeply in love with them and will be going back to add more shades to my collection. Gonna go for slightly deeper shades of pink (Sweet Tart, Berry Smoothie and Cherry Tart).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

People amaze me. It's December, one of the colder months of the year in most places. Imagining that people think they can put any sort of pigmented product on their lips without applying lip balm beforehand is astounding. Yes, this product is advertised as moisturizing. Does that mean that mean that it will magically transform your lips into plush cushy fountains of lushness? Be realistic people. These lip butters are more moisturizing than any other similarly pigmented lip product that I've tried. They pack serious pigmentation and above average moisturizing properties into a sub 10 dollar price tag. Miraculous? No. But pretty damn good nevertheless. I have 2 of these and will get more colors when my local CVS restocks them.

17 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by cocofern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product has taught me a lot about the way people purchase cosmetics and create hype over certain things. I heard of these lip butters and a couple of days later noticed them fully stocked at a Walgreens nearby. They had tons of different shades, but the three that stood out most to me were Creamsicle, Strawberry Shortcake, and Sweet Tart. I purchased them despite price ($7.50 a pop) without hesitation. I took them home, threw away the receipt, and peeled off labels (since that's how they're sealed) and tried them right away. Because this is SUCH a popular (and supposedly amazing) product I didn't think twice about keeping the receipt. I really, really, really wish that I had now. I am gravely disappointed in this product but I should have known based on appearance and packaging that these ARE infact lipsticks. Call them "butters" all you want, they are supremely pigmented, cling to my lips (accentuating any dryness, lines, and cracks which my lips are very prone to). I tried all 3 and found that none looked even decent on my lips. And after the product wears off my lips are left feeling dry and waxy. NOT something I expected from a product with the word "butter" in the name. But whatever...
I attempted to swap them with no luck. I have decided to give them to a friend bcs she's into mu and may like them. $25 later I wish I had never heard of or bought this product. Oh, and the amount of product that you get for the price is pretty pathetic.

Well, I am glad I learned something from this experience... now I think a lot harder about whether or not I actually need something prior to purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Since I live in Canada these weren't available until this week in Toronto. I was only able to purchase one because when I saw them there were only the dark brownish colors and since I'm pale I knew those would look bad so I got Sugar Frosting. When I first put it on I thought it was very sheer but it seems like the color suddenly showed up a bit better after 2 mins of wearing it. I find that it has a sugary type of smell which is nice. The lip butter effect is definitely there! When you put it on your lips there is no tugging (unlike most drugstore lipsticks imo) and your lips feel very moisturized! You will need to reapply a few times in a day because after you eat and drink it seems like the color fades, but the moisture does stay. I will try to find more colors because I definitely want to try different colors!

EDIT: I just went shopping today and they now have this available at Rexall Pharmacies and they have a ton of them so if you can't find any try there!