September 3, 2014 | 1017 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by ulliellax

So usually i'm more of a lip balm person but after hearing all the hype about these lip butters i decided to give them a try.

Price: I'm from Canada so its more expensive here.. i got mine for $10.49 a piece.. but i heard they're only 7.49 in the US. But by comparing the quality of the product, it's definitely worth it!

Packaging: its pretty cute packaging for drug store cosmetic. The sides are colored and have a quilted pattern on them, the bullet is silver and the bullet cap secures tightly onto the bottom so you don't have to worry about it moving around in your purse/bag

They come in soooo many pretty colors.. i spent quite some time in there just deciding which one to get and i ended up buying peach parfait (peachy pink) and cotton candy (girly pink) which i find are very natural looking and good for everyday and compliment any makeup look

They are super moisturizing.. i tried them on and took it off before a nap earlier today and when i woke up (three hours later LOL) my lips were super soft feeling! These are super recommended especially since winter is here.

I'm a huge fan and like everyone else who tried these, i have also fallen deeply in love with them and will be going back to add more shades to my collection. Gonna go for slightly deeper shades of pink (Sweet Tart, Berry Smoothie and Cherry Tart).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

People amaze me. It's December, one of the colder months of the year in most places. Imagining that people think they can put any sort of pigmented product on their lips without applying lip balm beforehand is astounding. Yes, this product is advertised as moisturizing. Does that mean that mean that it will magically transform your lips into plush cushy fountains of lushness? Be realistic people. These lip butters are more moisturizing than any other similarly pigmented lip product that I've tried. They pack serious pigmentation and above average moisturizing properties into a sub 10 dollar price tag. Miraculous? No. But pretty damn good nevertheless. I have 2 of these and will get more colors when my local CVS restocks them.

17 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by cocofern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product has taught me a lot about the way people purchase cosmetics and create hype over certain things. I heard of these lip butters and a couple of days later noticed them fully stocked at a Walgreens nearby. They had tons of different shades, but the three that stood out most to me were Creamsicle, Strawberry Shortcake, and Sweet Tart. I purchased them despite price ($7.50 a pop) without hesitation. I took them home, threw away the receipt, and peeled off labels (since that's how they're sealed) and tried them right away. Because this is SUCH a popular (and supposedly amazing) product I didn't think twice about keeping the receipt. I really, really, really wish that I had now. I am gravely disappointed in this product but I should have known based on appearance and packaging that these ARE infact lipsticks. Call them "butters" all you want, they are supremely pigmented, cling to my lips (accentuating any dryness, lines, and cracks which my lips are very prone to). I tried all 3 and found that none looked even decent on my lips. And after the product wears off my lips are left feeling dry and waxy. NOT something I expected from a product with the word "butter" in the name. But whatever...
I attempted to swap them with no luck. I have decided to give them to a friend bcs she's into mu and may like them. $25 later I wish I had never heard of or bought this product. Oh, and the amount of product that you get for the price is pretty pathetic.

Well, I am glad I learned something from this experience... now I think a lot harder about whether or not I actually need something prior to purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Since I live in Canada these weren't available until this week in Toronto. I was only able to purchase one because when I saw them there were only the dark brownish colors and since I'm pale I knew those would look bad so I got Sugar Frosting. When I first put it on I thought it was very sheer but it seems like the color suddenly showed up a bit better after 2 mins of wearing it. I find that it has a sugary type of smell which is nice. The lip butter effect is definitely there! When you put it on your lips there is no tugging (unlike most drugstore lipsticks imo) and your lips feel very moisturized! You will need to reapply a few times in a day because after you eat and drink it seems like the color fades, but the moisture does stay. I will try to find more colors because I definitely want to try different colors!

EDIT: I just went shopping today and they now have this available at Rexall Pharmacies and they have a ton of them so if you can't find any try there!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by widdy

I was so excited to try Revlon Lip Butters. Lip products are my favorite and I'm always searching for something to give me a quick, polished look. I was very disappointed. The packaging is fine. I didn't expect much from a drugstore lip product, but I did not like the feel and the fact that they are not very shiny. Seems like they settled into my lips and made them look dry. I purchased them at Walgreen's when they had BOGO 50%, but I will be returning the one I used and the unopened one. I'll stick with my MAC Lustre lipsticks and Origins lipglosses.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Revlon's lip products are usually great quality comparable to much higher-end brands, the Lip Butters included. Finally got these in Canada in the last week. They are a nice hybrid of lipstick and gloss, with a good range of very sheer (Creme Brulee) to almost opaque (Raspberry Pie). My personal favourites are Red Velvet (a neutral darker red) and Pink Truffle (pinky-beige MLBB). Comfortable and reasonably long-wearing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Surprisingly I do like this product. I bought Creme Brulee, Peach Parfait and Sugar Frosting @ CVS for around $8 and PP is my favorite. PP looks very dark peach in the tube but it's actually pretty nudey wearable peach with golden shimmer. I stayed on my lips for a longtime, even after a meal(preferably w/lip liner). It doesn't really moisturize my lips but I like that it's long lasting and not sticky like some lip butters and glosses. I probably won't purchase anymore since other colors don't interest me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by sd03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love Revlon products, and wanted to see what all the hype was about so I went and bought 2 of them on a whim. I bought Creme Brulle, which was absolutly useless, had 0 color pay of, and added only a slight sheen. I also bought cotton candy, which looked promising in the tube, but once again color pay of sucked, had very little pink sheen on the lip. Texture wise, they're between a chalpstick and balm, they're creamy but I don't think theyre that moisturizing. I think the darker colors would prolly make me happier, but I don't think theyre worth the price. If they were cheaper I'd try some other colors, but for now I'm returning the 2 I got, and staying away.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by camillacamilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have five of the lip butters. To me, they are just really moisturizing lipsticks. They are not tinted balms at all. Just a lipstick with more moisture that isn't long lasting. That said, they are comfortable on the lips with no discernable taste or smell. As they aren't as pigmented as the Colorburst lipsticks, most shades appear to be very wearable by many skintones.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by karenly1288

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After a long and tedious search, I was able to find this product. Unfortunately, there were only 3 sticks left. I sadly came home with 1 color, which was Lollipop. It wasn't a color that I was ecstatic about but when I put it on, I was impressed. The color was decent (like a fuchsia) but what impressed me was the product. It felt like a lip balm on your lips but looked like a lipstick. The staying power was great too but of course there will have to be some reapplying through out the day. I will definitely be buying this product again.. that is if I can find other colors in stock.