April 16, 2014 | 2023 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by LandersPistol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE the color of the container, but othere than that I am VERY disappointed. This mascara doesn't make my eyelashes anything special. It really just gives my eyelashes some color and that's about it. My eyelashes are unoticeable without mascara, so the color obviously helps... but I won't be purchasing this again. I did find it easy to use on my bottom lashes... but not enough to keep me wanting to use it daily.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by dogluver74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to give Maybelline another chance even though I haven't like any of their mascaras much before. I had a $1 coupon and Maybelline was on sale at Walgreens BOGO half off.

The first thing I noticed was how the packaging and applicator were very similar to Cover Girl's Lash Blast. They are using the plastic, spikey bristles, although they are doing a poor job of copying CG. The brush is flimsy and too soft in my opinion and the wand flexes. I don't like the scent of the mascara either. I have oily skin so I have trouble finding mascara that doesn't smudge during the day. I've had this problem with past Maybelline Mascaras (including Great Lash) and lo and behold, the same happens with One by One Volum' Express. It also applied clumpy. Yes, it did give me volume and some length, but with several more coats than I normally need with CG Lash Blast.

I won't be repurchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by annapcs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara is ok. and that's it.
Pros: Does not clump and separates lashes.
Cons: NO volume or lenghtening.

Since it gives a very subtle look and separates lashes well, I made this my mascara for the lower lashes, and for that purpose I really like it and will repurchase, but I definitely use something else for my top lashes, cause this is barely noticeable.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by cherrysoda94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went from Cover Girl Lash Blast to this! I think the Lash Blast compares pretty well to this one. I may even like this one a little bit more. I love the wand and it really makes all my lashes stand out. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by JudithF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara. It adds length and does not clump at all! Love that.
Full N Soft was my staple day/casual mascara, but I think One by One will kick it to the curb and take its place. :)
Will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Amlymei

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I didn't care for this mascara all that much, but I find myself grabbing it in the morning. It gives me pretty good length without clumping. The only problem I have with it is at the end of the day I have a small amount under my lower lashes and it's not as dark as it was. I'd still recommend though.

*Edit*

I keep going back and forth; I really like the length it gives , but the raccoon eyes drives me nuts. I'm not a waterproof type person, but that might stay better?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by BlackDahlia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this mascara, its really great at adding length and a little bit of volume too. It doesnt clump or smuge either which is great as well. The only thing about it I dont like is the scent, but it doesnt linger so thats okay. I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by jdoe1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this. It's not amazing but it's pretty good. It give decent length and volume and it doesn't smudge at ALL onto my browbone which is the problem I have with a lot of other mascaras. My biggest gripe is the scent. It doesn't linger that long but I still hate it. It's the same scent in the Colossal one...a rose scent. I'll probably repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Got this for $5 from walmart. I don't know why it's in the volumexpress line so 1 lippie off for that.

However, it works greatttt at separating lashes and making sure each one get's coated without clumps. It also lengthens wonderfully. It does nothing for volume and density of lashes so don't get it for that.

I love the packaging too! I would buy again when mine runs out.

EDIT: I would actually NOT buy this product again, it flakes waaaaay too much! I look like my eyes are covered in black little shaved hairs!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by montana12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this mascara. It goes on without a zillion clumps, and works great for those of us who don't want the false eyelashes look. Definitely a keeper.