July 30, 2014 | 2060 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by glittertime01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you are like me, the type of person who hates The Falsies, then you'll enjoy this mascara. I found The Falsies to be too clumpy and it gave me spider lashes. I have moderately long and full lashes. This mascara does a great job of defining and separating the lashes while still giving them volume. As for lengthening, it's more of a volumizing mascara. but you do get some length. The consistency is similar to the Full N' Soft Mascara, its a bit wet. The wand is on the shorter side, which I like. You have more control. Although I enjoy this mascara, I found that it does not make your lashes look fuller. Since it defines and separates, it does not create the feathery look of lashes at the base. I think I'm going to stick with my Full N' Soft, although I would repurchase this, Also, I found that it flakes after about 8 hours, although I have the non-waterproofversion. The waterproof one might not have the flaking problem.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by MademoiselleLillie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

just got this the other day and tried it out this morning. not so happy with it, the brush is really oddly shaped and doesn't really get the corner lashes and I feel like I had to work harder with this than I should have. Also this mascara did nothing for volume and the brush didn't really grab the entire eyelashes (if this makes sense), and did not coat my lashes all the way to the tip. Going back to full'n'soft at least that gives me sufficient length. I'll probably give it another try but so far not digging it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Hearted

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product because it holds my curl and defines it. I have short, straight, and down-ward pointing lashes... Yes I am Asian. I got this in waterproof and this does not clump or very little clumping. You could just go through with a lash comb if it bothers you. No fall out. It gives a natural curl and very nice. You may want to go over with a more dramatic mascara if you want, but it's really flattering on it's own. Obviously, I have to use an eye-lash curler with this, but after I apply it. My lashes are suddenly more noticeable. It's an overall good buy and for the price, I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by starrynight8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I should mention that I have the waterproof version...

I really like this mascara for 3 reasons:

1. It holds a curl! It's soooooooooooooooooo difficult for me to find a mascara that actually doesn't make my lashes limp again. I have sparse, short, stick-straight lashes, and this definitely looks good on 'em.

2. One By One is not only able to give me volume, but also length WITHOUT clumping up my lashes. :D

3. The packaging is adorable! (as shallow as that may be) The colors are really pretty and I absolutely adore the brush. Being me, I prefer rubber bristles :)

This has probably been one of the best mascaras I've ever had, and I've had a looooooooooot.

Would I buy this again?
Most definitely :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Phanatical28

As I've stated in my other mascara reviews, I have very long, full, curled lashes. Always looking for even more drama/volume, I picked this up along with a few others from Maybelline I've been wanting to try (the Falsies & Turbo Boost, both of which I've reviewed). I like the shape of this brush the most out of the three, but this took me a little more work to make look good also. However, because it doesn't clump (on me), it was easy to build up the coats without looking like a crazy person in the end. I find it looks/works especially nice on my very long, full bottom lashes. With many mascaras I have to be careful, because the lashes paired with my big almond-doe eyes can definitely turn into "little girl's doll," but this worked great without sending me over that line. Another great staple mascara by Maybelline.

Also, just as a side note - I love all of the packaging of their mascaras! Same tube shape, but different colors so it's easy to pinpoint which I want (I have a huge collection) & just grab and go without taking 20 minutes to look through each mascara. Brilliant idea, Maybelline!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by kjinar

My lashes are long, but thin, so I use several swipes/coats of mascara to build up volume. One by One clumps too much for me to do this. It's not the worst, but I find the formula to be too wet. I also prefer a bigger wand/bristles.

It's staying power is okay, and it is easy to remove. I use a bar of olive oil soap at night to remove my MU, nothing else needed.

I don't like the floral scent AT ALL. It's.. chemical-ly and too strong, but at least the smell is not long lasting.

At a similar price point, I prefer Lash Blast. My favorite is Benefit's Bad Gal lash though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

I bought this mascara with high hopes seeing as the last one Maybelline launched (The Falsies) is now my HG. Boy was I disappointed. It's not that this product is horrible or anything, because it's not. It just doesn't impress me that much. First of all, the wand/brush is extremely flimsy, which I hate. The formula is really wet but not as amplifying as I'd hoped. Oh well, back to The Falsies I go. I'll be swapping this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by nathaliejcormier

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. I have a hard time finding a good mascara because my eye lashes are very short. I've tried the generic Sephora mascara, but I find even that was very clumpy.

This stuff doesn't clump and it glides on. I really like it :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont like this mascara at all. It doesnt work with my lashes and it has alot to do with the wand. Even the cheapy mascaras by elf or nyc work better than this. Im glad this product was free for me (bogo with the fit me foundation-which i love), or I would have returned it the same day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 8:34:00 AM More reviews by xine_07

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to try this after seeing it on a few blogs. It works very well for me and is not bulky or clumpy on my lashes. I find it glides on easily and separates without my having to wiggle the brush very much at all. The tube does a very good job coating the brush with just enough product. I put one for price as I honestly did not pay attention. I tossed it my basket with other items and have no idea how much I paid. I would buy again though!