Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 6/1/2011 9:13:00 AM

I swapped for the limited edition B010 Beige-Ocre Tendre shade. I am around NC20 in Mac, MUFE Face & Body #20, BB Skin Warm Ivory and this shade suits me perfectly.

I have normal-dry skin - winter it is really dry, and summer it is normal with some slight shine in T zone. This foundation was a huge fail in the winter months. Serves me right for using an alcohol based foundation on dry skin! Now that the warmer weather is upon us, I have started using this with Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre as a base and this foundation has been amazing! Light weight, doesnt slip throughout the day, doesn't make me greasy like MUFE HD does in the warmer weather , and looks very natural. I apply it with my fingers, i feel it gives the best finish. I dust my T-Zone with MUFE HD Powder. Once you let it set for a minute on your skin, it dries to a nice semi-matte finish. Applying powder products like blush or bronzer on top leaves absolutely no streaking either, even if you do not set with a powder, which I love. It gives a light coverage which is all that I am looking for.

I think this will be a staple summer foundation for me along with Lancome's Teint Idole Fresh Wear which is another alcohol based foundation. I think these are perfect for the summer because the alcohol seems to keep shine at bay. And these foundations NEVER look cakey.

on 5/31/2011 11:36:00 PM

Love this foundation! I had gone a few years without wearing foundation - just tinted moisturizer. This foundation is fabulous!! Provides great, lightweight coverage, evens out your skin tone, and has a lovely pleasant scent. :)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Overall, I think this foundation is fantastic. I LOVE the finish that it gives, and the lasting power is great. The color match (B20) was a little dark on my NW20-25 skin... but would have been perfect for summer.

The squeeze bottle is a little frustrating sometimes, and the product doesn't come out easily.. you have to cap it again and shake it.

I wouldnt purchase this again, though, because of the smell! I just can't stand this perfumey Chanel smell in their products. I love Chanel, don't get me wrong... but I hate rubbing old lady perfume smelling foundation on my face. It makes me sneeze and irritates my sinuses. =(

on 5/31/2011 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Love Love Love this product, I was new to chanel foundation and haven't find a foundation that I enjoy. I prefer light weight and nature finish with some coverage for i acne skin, and this is a prefect match for me. Even when it is starting to melt awake, my skin still look nature while this happen. It doesn't stay on my skin that well when it is humid, but it's by far the best result i have found so far. I'll still keep on looking for my prefect foundation, and this is yet the closest one now.

on 5/30/2011 11:43:00 AM

I had such a bad break out after a day of using vitalumiere aqua...haven't fully recovered from it yet

on 5/29/2011 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great foundation! Its so light and natural looking. I apply a thin layer and thats enough to even out my skin. and then I go back with concealer and touch up the areas that need a bit more coverage. a bit pricy, but its worth it. I'll definitely buy this again.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am so on the fence about this one. It is lovely but not that "beautiful" if you get what I'm trying to say. I think you should try it for yourself, I am not sure if this didn't say Chanel on the package if I would have even give it this high of a score, but Chanel rarely does wrong so maybe I'll give it another try with a primer, hopefully that will give it more staying power. Best wishes jarhanda stewart

on 5/27/2011 3:24:00 PM

I have normal skin. I bought the Lumiere Aqua because I felt that the Vitalumiere was a tad bit too dewy. At first it went on very nicely and I was pretty happy with the product. However after a few hours I felt like it kind of "set" into my skin and dried it out and made me look very washed out. I gave it 3 stars because the color matched perfectly with my skin.

on 5/26/2011 10:58:00 AM

I use B40 (Mac NC35, L Miracle Buff 7W) and am new to Chanel. After 35 years I have found the silkiest, softest, and non-acnegenic foundation...ever. It feels like air and manages to still cover you with a light to med coverage. Apparently I have mild, post pregnancy rosecea on my nose and cheeks, but this covers it up well. Perfectly light for summer. I do however need a powder as the season change has upped the oil in my tzone. On advice given by the chanel salesperson I have started using Matte Lumiere pressed powder (B40) in these areas and this has helped tremendously. I look dewy but not oily. Maybe 1 blotting paper mid day?? That is certainly not a travesity on my part. Personally, I have not experienced any oxidation/color change that I am aware of and I do have a nasty habit of checking my makeup at least hourly (so vain, I know) but so far so good. If I had an unlimited amount of money I would convert to all their products just to try them, alas this is not the case. I hope to try out matte lumiere liquid for date nights in the future. Overall really happy with this. I just wish it had a pump spout and a glass bottle, but that is only bc I love my L Miracles' spouted glass bottle and have been spoiled by its efficiency and packaging.

on 5/24/2011 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

HG WORTHY!!! I'm another person who is a foundation junkie. I've tried it seems like dozens. I don't need foundation really for coverage, simply to even out my skin tone. I have a tad bit dry skin but overall quite "normal". I've been using MUFE HD and it is great however feels a bit heavy for summer so stopped at the Chanel counter to look at the color range. I met an incredibly sweet and helpful SA that didn't act in the least like a few at high end counters (if you're worthy of being helped). She matched me to the rose (BR50) which surprised me since most people put in in the "yellows". I'm an NC42 w/MAC and a 153 w/MUFE for reference. This blended smoothly, lasted for several hours, didn't oxidize, evened my skin tone out without looking like I had makeup on. The only cons is that it is a bit pricey and the bottle when you shake it does make a bit of a mess in the cap if you're not cautious. Overall I'm very pleased the pros by far out weigh the few cons for me so will definitely re-purchase.