September 22, 2014 | 1927 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Surprisingly enough this foundation didn't work for me. And I'm quite surprised to be honest cuz I adore all the other chanel foundations. This is the only chanel foundation that comes in a simple plastic bottle still looks cute and elegant but I prefer the classic glass packaging. The texture is very watery and you need to give it a really good shake before you use it. glides and spreads on the skin amazing and effortless giving a natural matte finish. The coverage surprisingly is very good this is definitely a medium coverage foundation and its definitely buildable so its quite easy to achieve full coverage which I like a lot. The staying power is good I've seen better to be honest but it certainly has good staying power. Wears very comfortable and feels like nothing on the skin .The problem I had using this was that tends to set into fine lines and cracks after a few hours and that for me is a deal breaker. The other problem I had with it was that its not moisturizing enough and its not mattefying enough either I don't know exactly how to explain it all I'm trying is if you don't have normal skin then I'm not sure if that foundation is gonna work for you . My skin is on the dryer sight and I could use a little bit moisture and I'm not getting it from this foundation. On the other hand if your skin is oily then probably this foundation probably would not be the best choice for you I'd say that if you have normal or slightly dry or slightly oily skin then this may be good for you

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by jenniferashton

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for about a week now and I am super impressed with how awesome it is. I am not a huge fan of liquid foundations because of the heaviness of the product and the mask like effect it can produce if not a perfect color match. The other problem is that given my pretty oily skin (especially in the florida summer months) make-up (nearly any makeup) just doesn't last. And so I was a BE girl for a long time. It produces a very nice effect that sadly only lasts for a few hours before it just disappears!

Then I met Chanel's vitalumiere aqua. I'd read about it in the magazines and thought the concept was interesting. I'd tried Chanel foundations before and had been impressed (more so than with other brands) but never so blown away as to consider anything HG and worth the repurchase...until I tried this!

The product is super fluid and blends easily and in no time at all. While other foundations required application with a brush this stuff can be applied easily with just your fingers and in probably half the time. The coverage is medium with a satin finish - surprising given the fluid texture. And best of all? You can't feel it! Light as...water!

Staying power is also very good. It's hitting 90 deg here in Florida and my make up stays fresh for nearly my entire work day, I'd say close to 7 hours. This is great for me considering how oily I am and I bet for those gals with normal skin it'll last all day. The foundation is $45 which of course makes me cringe but hey, if it's HG, I'll deal!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by cyndiinphilly

I am very happy with this foundation. I have tried for years to buy a chanel foundation and have bought many and returned them. The original chanel foundation, I think it was called Teinte natural was my HG for years. When they dc'ed it, I never found another Chanel foundation to match my skin. I tried lift lumiere in several colors and no dice after trying 3 shades. My favorite SA (Glenn at Macy's Cherry Hill) suggested this one. I resisted because my skin is dry, but he assured me it would be great. He put on BR10, which is a perfect match for me. I love the coverage, staying power and finish. it does not accentuate dry patches and gives a nice glow. My only issue is a bit of leakage. If you shake the bottle as directed with the cap on, mine leaked out and left a mess and wasted foundation. I've learned to take the cap off, hold my finger over the hole and shake. No leakage and no waste. HTHS

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by madvertsify

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think i've found my HG! It's absolutely wonderful. I am NC20 and I use B020. And it's not too yellow at all.
it covers great (much better than LM tinted moisturizer which I love too) and leaves a very natural not made up finish. and my skin glows glows glows. when i entered into office all flustered cos i was late, the first thing my colleague said was "you look so beautiful even though u missed your train!" haha i was like "YAY!" in my head.... cos i felt it was worth the $$ :)
FYI i was choosing between Vitalumiere and vitalumiere aqua and went with aqua because I liked the finish better for my combination oily skin and I found a better match for my skin color.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 6:31:00 AM More reviews by LeniNZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like Chanel's newest foundation as an everyday base. I tried a sample of the Vitalumiere a few months ago and it had absolutely no staying power so I was hesitant to try the Aqua, thinking it might be too similar. I'm so glad I did decide to try it because it has become my favourite foundation to date.
The formula is wonderful - staying power of 8-10 hours WITHOUT a primer, and it goes on to skin very smoothly. It is very moisturising for my dry skin but I don't think it would slide off an oily face very easily either. It really is like a second skin but it has buildable coverage if you want a more matte finish. I wear loose powder on top most days.

The only problem I have with this foundation is the colour range. There is no option for pale, neutral skin. The 'B' range is a little too yellow for me and the 'BR' range is a little too pink. I guess i could mix the two, but I'm not rich enough! So for now I have B10 and I'm able to tone down a bit of the yellow by using a neutral coloured powder on top.

I really like the packaging - not as pretty as Chanel's past efforts, but definitely more sturdy.

Would definitely repurchase

Edit: I am a little suspicious that this has been making my skin break out. It is quite heavily perfumed. It could be a combination of things though. Samples are definitely a good idea - try before you buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by hon1214

I went on a foundation sample raid at my local mall and out of MUFE Mat Velvet, Nars Sheer Glow, Nars Sheer Matte, By Terry Veloute, I have to say that Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua is my favorite. It's a pleasure to put on and very easy to blend. It's failproof when trying to attain a luminous even finish because of the workability of the formula. Definitely be very careful when choosing a shade for you. I suggest requesting a sample and then trying on for the day. The formula is so easily blendable and can be sheer so it's easy to fool yourself into the wrong shade in department store lighting. I have combination skin and I don't have to retouch if I've used a mattifying primer. I'm also asian but my skin can be a bit sallow so I like to combine BR30 and B30 together so the pink undertones combat the sallowness. Second to this foundation is the NARS sheer glow but only after a few hours of wear does it achieve the same look as the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. Hope this helps!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by influxious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

[EDIT2] -2 star. Not my holy grail anymore :( Unfortunately it leaves a noticeable (to me at least) slight whitecast in digital photography. I have a new favorite and it's Nars Sheer Glow in Barcelona, it has no SPF and photographs beautifully! [/EDIT2]

[EDIT] It's still my holy grail foundation :) The scent is so luxurious! I sometimes use this as a concealer because it doesn't cake up like my other face products! [/EDIT]

The BEST Foundation EVER! It's natural, refreshing, so smooth, blends effortlessly, doesn't clog my pores, lightweight, good coverage (medium coverage), long-lasting (it's stayed on my skin even after I exercised in the gym) and dosen't settle into pores or lines. I'm in the shade B40 Beige-Desert (I'm a MAC NC37) and it's an almost perfect match to my skin (it's just a little bit light for me).

Remember to shake this product very well before usage, as without doing so pours out a very, very watery texture. It should be a creamy texture that comes out on your hand, and as you blend it out it should be very watery. You can smooth on the foundation with your fingers (for the most natural finish) Or with a brush (for a flawless look - I use a Bobbi Brown foundation brush). If you like a dewy look, you can get away without setting with powder, I just use a bit on the t-zone and a very light dusting all over the face.

You will like this foundation if you want your skin to look natural, not looking for very heavy coverage, looking for a great everyday foundation with an SPF, not allergic to fragrances, don't mind spending a lot of money on a foundation, and want a lovely, semi-matte glow.

The foundation has 30mL's of product, a mineral filter, and a UVA/UVB protection of SPF 15. There is currently about 10 shades available. The �Beige- B� are warm to neutral shades. The �Beige Rose � BR� shades have a pink undertone.

Ingredients:

Active ingredients- Octinate 6% and Titanium Dioxide 5.6%

Other ingredients- Aqua (water), methyl trimethicone, alcohol, dimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, talc, butylene glycol, isododecone, polymethysisequioxane, acrylates/polytrimethlsilsesequioxane, acrylates/polytrimethysiloxymethacrylate copolymer, polymethyl methcrylate, peg-10/15 crosspolymer, alumina, aluminum hydroxide, phenoxyehtanol, c9-15, flouroalcohol phosphate, magnesium sulfate, parfum (fragrance), nelumbo nucifera flower, water, methlyparaben, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sodium hyaluronate, silica, tocopheryl acetate, diproylene glycol, polyrethane-15, bht, laminara digitata extract, tocopherol, propyl paraben, ethelparaben

May contain- CI 7707 (ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (iron oxides), CI 77891 (titanium oxide), mica

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2011 9:19:00 AM More reviews by bunnybo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is lovely, natural and light. The colour matches my skin perfectly. It is average price for a high end foundation and the packaging, whilst cheaper looking than typical, is perfect for the consistency and allows you to use every last bit. I'm more concerned about what's inside the bottle anyway. My only negative criticism is that it is slightly too matt for me. There is still a lovely glow but it makes the skin around my eyes look quite dry and the fine lines more noticeable. Even when I try to use a bit of extra moisturiser underneath, I feel the skin on my cheeks look quite crinkly. I love Chanel Prolumiere, however the number 20 is too light, and 30 is too dark. The 30 in this one is perfect. If only i could combine the benefits of both foundations I think I would have the perfect foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 7:13:00 AM More reviews by happymichelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first Chanel foundation, but I really am enjoying it. I didn't want to spend $45 on a foundation, but my philosophy is that since it's being applied directly onto my skin, I'd rather spend the money than question the integrity of the product (while I slather it on, haha).

I'm enjoying the fact that this is easy to apply. In my opinion, using your fingers is easier than a brush because it is so much easier to blend it into your skin without worrying about streaking. I do prefer wearing a really good moisturizer underneath (I use MAC Mineralize All-Over Lotion) because if I don't, I tend to get dry on my forehead and other random places. I set it with Estee Lauder Lucidity or MAC Careblend. After powdering, my SKIN--NOT the foundation--looks awesome. I never imagined makeup would make me look so flawless and polished without looking like I used tons of makeup.

Vitalumiere Aqua lasts around four hours on its own before it starts to get too dewy. Setting it with powder, it lasts about seven or eight hours. Not as long-wearing as Prolongwear or Estee Lauder Double Wear, but it never advertised to be. However with all things considered, this stays on pretty well. I even napped for a long time without needing to touch-up when I woke up.

I suppose the price is reasonable since I'm not paying for a fancy glass bottle with a pump (which, I have decided, must mean the contents must be really amazing since I'm paying so much!). Besides, I don't really use very much (two slightly less-than-pea-sized squeezes will sufficiently cover my entire face and while allowing me to layer on top of places I feel need more coverage). The amount I use for an adequate application is significantly less than the amount of MAC Prolongwear I used to use for my face. The packaging itself is no-fuss and dispenses the product well.

Would I repurchase this? Definitely.

Is it my HG foundation? Maybe. I'll get back to answering that in a few weeks.

For reference, I'm an NC40 in MAC, Tawny in Double Wear, and B40 in Vitalumiere Aqua.

By the way, today, my cousin wanted to try the foundation so I applied some of mine on her. She is at least a shade or two darker than I am, but we did it anyway. When I finished, I took a step back and noticed that the foundation didn't make her look grey or ashy at all. It didn't even look like she had foundation on. Actually, it just looked like her skin was a bit paler! We were very impressed.

*****************EDIT, 5/12/11******************

I have found that this is indeed a HG foundation for me. HOWEVER, I must mention that you do need to moisturize very well (or else you get dry patches) and you need to find a moisturizer that doesn't make the foundation scaly after a few hours. I tried using my standby Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture SPF 15 and when I looked in the mirror at work, my face looked like Reptile from Mortal Kombat. Aveeno Positively Radiant SPF 15 worked well underneath, although I don't really like it as a moisturizer in general. So far, my favorite moisturizer I've sampled to wear under Vitalumiere Aqua is Chanel Hydramax+ Active Gel Cream (go figure). If they had this formula with an SPF, I don't think I'd hesitate to buy it despite the hefty price tag. I might end up with this anyway if I can't find any other moisturizer that tickles my fancy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Savvy9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation has made such a difference in my skin and my confidence. I have oily acne prone skin and since I have started using this my acne has been clearing up. With the build-able coverage I don't need to use concealer daily. I typically wear matte finish mineral foundations and at the end of the day I am left with nothing on my face. This foundation stays put and gives a healthy glow (set with MUFE) rather than making me look like I dunked my face in olive oil or am over powdered and its still there at the end of the day. It doesn't seem to do a whole lot to control oil but at least the oil doesn't dissolve it and it doesn't come off when I use blotting sheets. I am going to continue to experiment with different mattifying bases.
I apply it with a real techniques angled foundation brush for a fuller coverage or a sigma f82 for a lighter coverage. I don't think I will ever buy anything else. I am so glad I was able to be color matched at #4... I might buy 5 to mix it with over the summer. I also love that the color I got is beige based not yellow I give up trying to color match my golden med brown skin. This is a beautiful foundation and worth every penny... though I would still love a discount... HG!