December 20, 2014 | 1251 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Cutekitti

The color is fabulous, not as olivey/orange as the studio fix fluid and matched my skin tone perfectly. However, it highlighed every dry patch of skin I had (most I didnt even know I had) My skin isnt particularly dry. It also slid off my nose in an hour and my nose isnt even that oily. I returned it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 9:10:00 AM More reviews by semor211

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am LOVING this.

First off, I've been actively cleaning out my make up and avoiding buying products with parabens. Clearly, this is not a "natural" make up product, but unless they go by another sneaky name, this product does not contain any of the common parabens in many products, so I was excited to try it since I do miss my Revlon CS and long-wearing make up in general.

First off, I love the finish. It's very natural, not too matte not too dewy and in my opinion has a good deal of coverage. I would say it's medium at it's sheerest. I haven't done this yet, but I imagine you could dilute it with some moisturizer for days you want a sheerer look. I like having a fuller coverage due to some acne and scarring issues, so this is a positive for me.

It is DEFINITELY long wearing, they are not kidding. It is the only foundation that has lasted well through a day of teaching school for me. I teach young children and find myself being active and moving around a lot with my students, and even Revlon CS didn't always stay put through some of that. I also live in Florida and am in hotter, humid conditions for about 10 months out of the year (even today in FL it's in the mid 80s!). I also started using this when I had a cold, and it has held up quite well through nose-blowing and watering eyes. This does mean that you definitely need to take some time and effort to remove the make-up in the evening, but that is the case with any long-wearing make up and that's the trade off you have to make for choosing a long-wearing foundation, so that does not bother me at all.

I have only been using this for about a week, but so far no break outs or anything, and as long as that doesn't happen, I can see myself using this for a long time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After trying a sample in NW25, I decided to purchase a full size. I loved everything about Pro Longwear, until I figured out that I was not removing it all when taking it off at night. I'm happy with my skin regime and didn't want to change that so Pro Longwear had to go. When I went to return it the SA mentioned that there's a hospital grade bonding agent in it so an oil-based cleaner is needed to remove it properly.

I did somewhat break out from my cleanser not being up to removing this. I stopped using for a week and decided to give it one last chance on Halloween. Big mistake, my skin completely revolted in multipliable breakouts.

If you are like me; more of a neutral toned, NW25 is noticeably pink.

Lastly a cap would have been nice, it made a mess in my makeup drawer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by lottielovesste

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love this foundation, the coverage and the staying power of the foundation is amazing.
i have really dry skin and i first applied this with a MAC 109 brush and i hated it, i tried it with a few other brushes and i still didn't like it, i felt like it was sitting on my skin and sticking to all the dry patches
i began to use my fingers to apply the product and i haven't looked back since, having dry skin i feel like i don't need a primer or a finishing powder for this foundation and once you work with it you can make it perfect for yourself :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by lopezw1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hope I'm not being premature in my rave review. But, used this (NC 20) for the first time today and am so thrilled! I'm 38, have very oily skin (somewhat acne-prone skin-although much less so now due to my Clarisonic) and can't believe how well this wore, really lived up to it's name. I kept staring at myself in a close-up mirror all today long, amazed at how great my skin looked (and I don't have perfect skin, as noted earlier :). I blotted my nose and forehead only once today, after about 8 hours! Very impressed and relieved to find this as i was forced to find a new foundation after several years (since Prescriptives has been discontinued, which was a blessing in disguise) MAC is so much better. Thanks to Crystal at the Bloomy's counter for recommending this!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by UrbanxGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have always been weary of MAC's face products after having broken out from them in the past. That being said I don't get excited when they have a release of any new face product. I received a sample from the MA about a month ago who was raving about how great it is. I used it daily for over two weeks and loved it so much I just had to go purchase a bottle. The coverage is nice and smooth and can be built up as needed without becoming cakey. I do not need to use but one pump and my entire face is practically flawless. I have very oily skin with a few acne scars on my cheek. This foundation gives a nice even coverage without looking too made up. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for decent coverage that still looks natural. I have considered the Revlon Colorstay my HG foundation for the longest time. It has now been bumped of off it's pedestal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 9:47:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Wow, I'm really loving the Pro Longwear foundation! I've worn it for a few days this week, and it's perfect. Coverage is just how I like it - evens out my skintone and even covers small blemishes, without looking thick or fake. It's not matte, but not particularly dewy or shimmery either - I think the finish is just perfect. It does wear much longer than other foundations I've tried - I can still see it when I get home at night. The consistency is great too. I usually mix foundation with a drop of moisturizer on my hand before applying, because it makes it go on smooth, easy to blend, and more natural-looking. With PLW, I actually haven't felt the need to mix with moisturizer - I can just apply with my fingers and I'm good to go. Love love love it! My only complaint would be that the NW20 is a touch too dark and a touch too yellow for what I would expect (even though NW20 in mineralize satinfinish is a perfect match). An NW15 is in order, I think.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by atanvir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best.Foundation.Ever
I have been searching for a suitable foundation for a while now. I have been unsatisfied by a lot of foundations( ES Double Wear, Revlon colorstay, Nars sheer glow, make up forever Hd, Make up forever matt velvet). My skin requires a lot from a foundation; it is very acne prone and requires good coverage for hyper pigmentation marks on my cheeks. I hate foundations that make me feel like i have make up on. Pro longwear covers well, lasts forever, is not heavy feeling on the skin, and best of all doesn't break me out. From MAC, i had tried studio fix fluid but it make me break out, hence i was afraid to try another MAC foundation. I am glad i gave this one a shot because it truly is remarkable. For reference, i am an NC 42 in both studio fix fluid and prolongwear.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by zodiastic

LOVE this foundation..more than studio fix! it applies so much more smoother and its much easier to blend into the skin. I have oily acne prone skin and this hasn't broke me out so thumbs up to that. Coverage is pretty good, covers my redness and doesn't look cakey whereas studio fix can. Colour wise I'm an NC30, but NC35 in studio fix. Love that it comes with a pump aswell so you dont have to buy one seperately. Definately long wearing too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by sexyglam

Looking for new foundation for my super oily, acne prone skin I decided on Mac PLW just based on reviews alone. I' need good coverage because of large pores and acne scarring. Those of us with oily skin know that as much as we would love to have that light, natural, glowey no make up look it's nearly impossible because when there is excessive oil on the skin it starts to break down products. Coverage was average but I could still see all my red acne scars. It did seem to stay on my skin longer than other foundations however, it still wore off and to make matters worse the little bit that did remain on my face would start to look caked up at the end of the day. I will stick with Revlon color stay, which is not HG but covers better and does not give me that cakey look. Also, it seemed to clog my pores more than before.