MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 12/14/2010 8:15:00 AM

I really do like this foundation, it doesnt run on me, stays in place and i do not have to touch up my makeup throughout the day. I must say it does also keep the oil on my face under control. Enjoying it alot, best applied with stippling brush, it gives a flawless finish.

However it does feel tight on the face, only slightly and applying this with a foundation brush makes the application strikey and uneven.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The texture is ok, the skin does not shine, however, like all the other MAC foundations, the colors are so wrong.
NW is far too pink, NC is far too yellow. How about creating a NN (or NB)range, which would mean neutral beige. I am sure that if there was a beige range, it would sell very well.
MAC, PLEASE TAKE NOTE.

on 12/13/2010 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

this is great. I love it. I usually break out from all the mac foundations(and other foundations too, exept estee lauder double wear light), but not this one. I wore it for 10 hours and it looked amazing the whole time. It didn't irritate my skin. :)

This one was my favorite foundation before the matchmaster came out...this one is super good but it's to heavy for everyday use...i now use it only when i'm going out or at partys:)

EDIT: My skin has become really acne prone the last year and this is starting to break me out. After trying other foundations this feels so tick now, and it feels almost uncomfortable to use it :( but the coverage is really good so i still wear it at special occasions.

on 12/13/2010 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I bought this b/c of the salesperson at MAC. Unfortunately, there is nothing amazing about the product. IT does the same effect as Revlon CS but $20 more. I actually did one side of my face with CS and the other with MAC and saw no difference; after 8hrs of work..both were on my face and have the same coverage. I would not buy it again b/c theres no point in wasting so much money. I don't even know why I steered away from my makeupforever foundation...I need to save up and go back!
BTW: i have heard of MAC foundations having a tendency to have ppl's faces to break-out but this did not break me out.

on 12/11/2010 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

For super slick, super oily skin like mine, as I shine like a yellow plate of grease by 11 a.m., THIS has done a really great job! I would usually blot about every 2 hrs because of the mega shine on my forehead, using this I only need to blot once around lunchtime and then later around 5p.m. if I'm picky. Even then, the oil that comes through is more like a dewy shine and NOT the grease that I had before.
Applied w. the 187 at around 7 a.m., the foundation is still on my face at around 6 p.m., talk about Pro Longwear!!
Med. coverage, doesn't cover all my acne caused pigmentation, but that doesn't bother me as I need it more for an allover teint-settling effect. It does transfer though, so I wouldn't rub my white shirts/ sleeves on my face. And it does oxidize noticeably, so sample first. Still, my HG for foundation.

on 12/11/2010 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought this when the weather was still warm, and it worked okay. It was a bit drying, but since I'm already using olive oil to moisturize every other day, it was okay.
But then came winter. Even though I started applying olive oil every night (yes, my skin is THAT dry), the foundation just dried out my skin to the point, where if you looked a little close, my skin was spotted. The foundation had laid itself in little patches all over my face, instead of one layer. I tried mixing it with some extra moisturizing serum, applying it with a sponge, nothing worked. So now I'm saving it for summer.
Probably wont be repurchasing.

on 12/7/2010 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Simply a product that I wanted to love, but it failed in a few ways. The texture is thin and requires a standard foundation brush to really adapt to the skin in the best possible manner, but it can get thick quite easily. However, thinned with a drop of Care Blends oil, it tends to be just about perfect. That being said, I'm not commenting on the formulation when modified by a Care Blends oil. The formulation is pretty dry on the other hand. While I like a natural matte finish, this still feels pretty powdery and my skin doesn't look particularly real. The coverage is medium to buildable, which is to be expected. It doesn't spread as well as I'd like. But the pump is great, the color selection is a bit yellow but still good. I think it could be better, but if you're leaning more oily and you want some strong coverage, this is worth looking at. It's just not as impressive as I'd like it to be. However, it does hold up all day.

on 12/6/2010 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I must be doing something wrong because I read a bunch of reviews and none of them mentioned that when you touch your face after putting this on, it feels like a you are running your hand across a one of those weird-feeling painting canvasses. It's hard to describe but, if someone were to touch my face -- they would be like WTHeck is wrong with your skin??!!?!?

Anyhow, that is the only reason why I didn't like this foundation. I like to be able to touch my skin when I have foundation on and it feel like -- well -- skin. This foundation did not do that for me. So back it goes to MAC.

on 12/5/2010 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation was just okay.. I didn't feel like it was that great. Most of the reviewers on here said it's one of the best from Mac but I personally thought this foundation wasn't as good as the Mac select foundation. The reasons why I didn't like it as much was because the foundation is VERY hard to blend. I used a foundation brush, sponge, Mac 109, Mac 187 and my hands to see which would be the easiest to apply this foundation with and I find my hands to be the easiest to apply this foundation with. First this formula is VERY drying so you'll need a really good moisturizer. I had to use a thick moisturizer or else it would've been harder to spread and blend all over my face. I wore this for a week to test and see if I should keep this foundation or not but I think I might be returning this product. This foundation does provide a heavy coverage and it will help keep your face semi matte for awhile but I don't think it stayed matte on my face for over six hours. My t zone area started to oil up but it wasn't too bad. The one thing I like about this foundation is that it comes with a pump. It's more sanitary than the other foundations. At least we don't have to pay an extra six dollars for a pump. If you guys are curious to try this product out I suggest getting one shade lighter because this foundation tends to be darker than the other foundations. I'm a Nc 25 in my select but I had to go down a color (Nc20) because the Pro long wear seems to run a bit darker. I really wanted to like this product since everyone had good reviews on this product but I guess this product wasn't meant for my dry/ oily face.

p.s I don't know if this product is making me break out or not but I'm noticing three new blemishes on my face. =(

on 12/5/2010 9:22:00 PM

I really wanted to like this foundation. I am a NW 20 (pale, blonde hair, blue eyes) and the coloring is a bit more orange than I'd like. I tried the NC 15 also and it washed me out completely. I was willing to deal with the NW 20 being a little bit orange until I went to a rehearsal dinner and wedding this weekend. This foundation REFLECTS like crazy in flash photography. It was embarrassing and ruined all my pictures. The foundation is borderline too dark for me yet in pictures my face is WHITE and ghost-like. I even tried wearing it without any finishing powder to the wedding reception and I still had the same problem. I only wear foundation when going to special events so the fact I can't be photographed in it completely defeats its purpose for me. *sigh*

Video Reviews & Tutorials