MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 12/2/2010 12:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Thank you MAC! you have really come through with this product!!! My HG foundation, I have finally found a HG foundation! Great packaging with the pump first of all, the staying power, the lightweight formula and the non greasy feel of this foundation make it amazing! It blends easily and it works well with a loose setting powder. When I first start using a foundation, it is usually good for a week or two and then it disappoints me. This product has been going strong since the DAY it came out! Through high heat and humidity to dry and cool weather it keeps on enduring! I'm so happy this product is permanent and MAC is the company that came out with this.

on 12/1/2010 3:11:00 PM

I had generally been a MMU girl simply because of how easy it is to buff it on and go, but I found that most were making me very oily, so I decided to switch back to liquid. I got this foundation the weekend it launched...guess it has been a few months now...and I absolutely love it. It makes my skin so flawless and smooth, and it really lasts all day. I apply it with my Sonia Kashuk flat-top brush I got at Target, and it looks amazing. I have pretty good skin, but i have some melasma on my forehead, and this covers it without looking cakey. I wore it on my wedding day, and it helped keep my oil at bay, which was my biggest concern. I think oily gals will especially love this foundation. My only complaint is that the nozzle gets a little clumpy sometimes, but it's not a huge problem.

on 11/30/2010 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I wear this everyday to work, and I get so many compliments on how my skin looks. I love it!

on 11/29/2010 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this foundation so far. However it is because my skin is in fairly good condition (no acne or bumps so far). I do have old acne scars but not a lot so if you want more coverage, try estee lauder double wear (i love the coverage but it broke me out every time). With that said, i like Pro longwear a lot. You can build up the coverage and use it with a good concealer.
I applied a tiny bit of Matt primer first. Then apply this foundation with my finger and set with the mineralized powder. It gives me a matte yet natural finish just how i like it and it stays matte for a long long time. (just notice i used all Mac products). It looks really beautiful.
My shade is NC 35 (a lil tiny bit light to me but the powder i have is dark so it is a perfect combo). It also feels light on my skin like i'm not wearing foundation.
Overall i think i might have found my perfect primer-foundation combo. I'll use it more to see if it's gonna break me out or not. finger crossed.
I think i'll ditch my MUFE HD for now.

on 11/28/2010 10:26:00 PM

Unfortunetly I had my hopes up with all the good reviews on this one but I am personally unimpressed because: 1. Felt very heavy and 'greasier' than any other MAC foundation..I found that an hour later my face was very oily even with powder..given that I do have oilier skin this may not be so bad for those with dry skin. 2. Didn't like the shade NW20 that I norrmally wear..was more orange than SFF and Select. 3.Hard to remove and my skin was noticely more borken out at end of day. It's not the worst foundation I've ever tried it..it does well to cover flaws and has a fairly even finish but I certainly wouldn't go out and buy it

on 11/28/2010 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Prolongwear has a similiar consistency to SFF but isn't as heavy or cakey. It dries fairly fast so work quickly and in sections for a flawless finish. It has moderate to medium coverage initially but can be built up for a more opaque look. The color range is different from other MAC foundations (it's a bit orangey) so be sure to go to a store or counter to get matched. It controls shine for up to 8 hours without blotting. It delivers a smooth finish and won't transfer onto clothes.

on 11/27/2010 3:39:00 PM

I don't understand what all the hype is about. I tried this for one day and that was enough for me. First of all it took forever to apply. It's so streaky and cakey and simply does not blend. It dries soo fast that it leaves patches on the face, as if some parts of the face are darker than others or have more foundation on than others. It also takes a very long time to dry. And if you apply any setting powder on top of it, it feels like it's sticking to the foundation. As soon as I put on the PLW, I felt like immediately taking it off, as it just felt super disgusting on my face, like it was going to break me out or something. The PLW also doesn't provide much coverage, for such a heavy and sticky foundation. It also looks gross since it doesn't apply as smoothly as the SFF. I gave it 2 lippies b/c the staying power is incredible and lasts all day. I believe the people that said it lasted through naps and all. But I wouldn't wear it again after trying it for a day b/c it just FEELS like a mask. Also, beware that this foundation takes a lifetime to remove (since it doesn't budge on your face once applied). It took me like 25 minutes. It's hard to get rid of all of it, which is probably why some people have experienced breakouts from it. This kinda feels like Estee Lauder's DW foundation which I absolutely cannot stand b/c it makes you look "old people-ish." I think I'm going to stick with my SFF since its coverage is unsurpassed, and it's just a prettier foundation IMO.

on 11/26/2010 3:32:00 PM

Is this foundation for real??? I still can't believe I apply it in the morning and at night it still looks great.
I never need to blot during the day anymore!!! My super oily T-zone is practicly non-existent when I use this foundation. I doesn't look heavy if I apply it with my fingers and I can still see my skin under it, which makes it very natural. The finish is matte, so no need to apply powder!
The pump offers excellent control over the quantity of product you get out, so you never waste anything (compared to the matching concealer!).
Go get this ASAP!

on 11/26/2010 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm glad I took the time to check this product out. I've been wearing this foundation for about two months and I have NO complaints so far. It's basically a keeper. Why?

1. I only have to touch up my foundation ONCE!...even without primer and just moisturizer underneath. This is pretty rare for me.

2. Initially...I thought this foundation would be too dark, because it appears to be dark in the bottle. BUT, I was pleasantly suprised after I applied it to my face and it dried. It was a great match!!!

3. Even though it dries pretty quickly (so you have to work with it quickly)...no streaking.

4. It last ALL-DAY. I have fallen asleep with a face full of makeup (bad, I know) and the foundation still looks great.

5. I love the way this foundation makes my skin look and feel. It does not feel like I have foundation on...which is great. My skin feels very soft and has a nice satiny finish.

6. The price! (LOL) $29.50 is not bad for foundatoin...especially when comparing to other brands such as NARS, Bobbi Brown, Estee Lauder, Chanel, etc. I think it's worth the price.

7. I love any foundation that comes with a pump. More control in terms of how much product you use, so that you don't waste product.

8. I like that I can use my fingers. I prefer to use my fingers applying foundation. This is great for that.

9. You don't need a lot!

Verdict: Keeper. (NC45, by the way)

on 11/24/2010 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

It's about time MAC comes out with a good foundation. I am a foundation whore I have over 15+ right now. I don't think I will be buying anymore anytime soon, this foundation is amazing it's med- heavy coverage and actually last like it says it does. I was skeptical to try this but after hearing raves about it on here i had to give it a shot! Amazing amazing amazing foundation, if your looking for buildable coverage and a foundation that really does last 12+ hours then try this one out!

Video Reviews & Tutorials