October 25, 2014 | 1886 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by MissAva1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been using Chanel Pro Lumiere for a year and it was just way too drying for me even though it is a satin finish foundation. I was on the lookout for a new foundation which did not contain any Parabens or Silicones and I found Sheer Glow.
I was apprehensive at first because a lot of people had said it clings onto dry patches or broke them out.
It literally looks like you have naturally beautiful skin. I was sick of having really moisturising foundations for my dry skin that were too oily...and finding Nars Sheer Glow was the best thing i ever did. It does not feel sticky on your face. It looks like your own skin!
As for any glowing properties...I don't see any. But that's fine by me personally.
The coverage is medium, you can build it up to full.

For reference, I am a MAC NC20 (sometimes NC15) and I purchased the shade Mont Blanc. It looks pale as it's going on my face but somehow blends into my own colour.

EDIT: This foundation is way too pale and way too drying for me... I started to notice it more and more as I tried it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by liveandlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Aside from the fact that this doesn't last as long as Estee Lauder Double Wear, this is my everyday HG go-to foundation. Set with a light dusting of powder, this seems to last a good 8 hours - but for long work days I'd like it to last a little longer.

I like that the consistency of this foundation is thin. In my opinion, less is more. So I use about half of a pump to cover my whole face (and I've got a fat face!) with either my MAC 130, Sigma F80, or a Beauty Blender sponge. I've got pretty uneven skintone, some redness in the cheeks, and a few acne scars - and this foundation covers them all quite well. The finish of this is not dewy like Chanel's Vitalumiere or MAC's F&B, but is more of satin-like. It can get a little oily after 4-5 hours of wear, but that seems fairly normal for any foundation.

Nars foundations tend to work really well with people who have a lot of yellow in their skin, so if you're more cool-toned, I would definitely try and get some samples and color-matched before buying. I'm an NC37 and wear Barcelona or Syracuse. Aside from the fact that you have to buy the pump separately for this, I think the packaging is pretty nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by 6rungirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a more medium coverage foundation, not as full as say, Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation, but is definitely not as sheer as a tinted moisturizer. I like the way it goes on my skin. It's very smooth and easy to blend. It does not dry too quickly, giving me plenty of time to smooth it all over and blend it. It does not cover my blemishes but I use a concealer for that. I just apply this with my fingers and it works great for me. I use the color Santa Fe, although I also had Punjab at the same time and could tell absolutely NO DIFFERENCE in them when they were on my face.(I literally put them both on my face at the same time, one color on left half, one color on the right) I don't love the packaging...no pump which is lame for the price. I know you can purchase one. Also, although I like the sleek look of the packaging, the lid bothers me b/c it gets dirty easily. Also, my lid seems to fit crooked which bothers me, but does not affect the actual product. I really have enjoyed this foundation, and most likely will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by nalina82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

GREATEST FOUNDATION EVER. It just melts right into your skin. Having somewhat oily skin I usually tend to stay away from anything with the word "glow" in it. However, I bought a bottle after going to a special NARS MA event at the Mpls DT Macy's and when I wore it a few days later my fiance commented that my skin looked really great. I told him it was the new foundation and he got REAL close for inspection and was like, "Wow, I would never guess you had anything on". Now THAT is a winner! I set this with a very light dusting of the NARS pressed powder foundation and it looks like perfection. I don't mind that this does not come with a pump. A little on the cheeks, forehead, nose and chin and some blendy action with either fingers or stippling brush... 2 min later I am done! Doesn't break me out and maintains a natural glowing look all day without making me look greasy. $49 is a bit pricey, but oh so worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 6:02:00 AM More reviews by staceylord

I was sucked in to all the hype on this foundation and it was on my list of MUST try. I got matched to Barcelona (nc 35-37). which was perfect for me, a lot of people say its good if you are nc 40. but nc 35 could probably get away with it too. Coverage if amazing its kind of runny and glides on your face. you wont need a lot of the product, which is good. If i put it on at 7am, i would need to blot my face around mid day and by 4pm it will start to oxordise. But if i powdered it would probably look okay.

I wasnt a fan of the packaging at all. i do not like poor out bottles. these are just product wasters. Ive heard that you can buy a pump, but in australia i dont think that is an option as yet...ive also noticed that Mecca doesnt stock all the shades (mecca is the only place where you can buy nars in australia). The only reason why i would not repurchase this foundation is the price. $99 AUD for this is disgusting! especially when in america you can get it for $49. and with our dollar being strong atm, why would i pay almost a hundred dollars for it, when in america you can get it for HALF the price?? makes you wonder whatelse is incredibly marked up in australia!

Also thought i might add, i have combination skin and had no trouble with this foundation :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2011 4:53:00 AM More reviews by 7thfly

this foundation has a lovely coverage, and is great if you use something that will control your oil. However it isn't non-comedogenic which means it will block your pores. Thus making them larger. This isn't great for long-term use. However it is light, lovely coverage.... just wish it was non-comedogenic!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by kikamadonna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. The color is perfect for me. it lasts all day and is easy to put on. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I heard and read about a lot of combo/oily girls using this and loving it; they all were skeptical at first because it said "glow" but ended up loving it. Well I went for it and ended up being highly disappointed with the product. When I would start to get oily the foundation changed and looked aweful...worse than anything I've used. The color match was fine and it looked great when first applied but after an hour it was a huge mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 3:08:00 AM More reviews by dollface29

I love this foundation,as I deem myself as an ultimate
product junkie I have tried almost everything under the
sun(Smashbox,MAC,Mufe,Giorgio Armani,lorac etc.However I have been most successful with this one.I have pretty even combination skin so I don't need to conceal too much, combo skin And this doesn't dry me out nor make me shiny. I've seen a negative a few negative reviews but if u have crazy oily skin then common sense is that a product that has a word glow might add to your problems. That's just my personal opinion. The only thing that I dislike is that you have to
purchase the pump separately which is a hassle. Btw the color matches me perfectly!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by TiffH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best foundation yet! Like many of you, I have been through my fair share of foundations searching for that HG. Well, I don't know if any foundation is perfect but this is the closest to perfect that I've found. I am in the shade Macao that I have to order online since there's not NARS counter near me and Sephora doesn't carry many of the darker shades. I don't mind cause that's how good this foundation is. It's yellow based which is great for me. I can't tell you how many pink based foundations oxidize to orange/red which is not a good look. If you subscribe to Bobbie Brown's makeup philosophy, most skin tones look better and more natural with a yellow tone foundation and I agree. For reference I am in between NC 45-50 in MAC I am pretty oily in my T-Zone and have acne scars that need covering. I use sheer glow as my everyday foundation and normally don't have to go over blemishes with concealer unless I'm going for a really flawless look. The down side to the foundation is not that it doesn't have a pump...what a stupid complaint btw. As long as the product is good who cares how it's packaged geesh!! Anyway, my complaint is the staying power. It starts off FLAWLESS but by the end of my 12 hour shift, it's almost non existent but that is the case with most foundations, with the exception of Estee Lauder DW (also great). On a good note, it doesn't aggravate my acne prone skin. I definitely recommend Sheer Glow and just received my third bottle in the mail :-)