E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush

Price: $

synthetic, cruelty-free hair

on 9/16/2011 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

My friend recommended me this, so I bought 3 during their 60% off sale.

I use this for dry make up: blushes, bronzer, pressed and loose powder...they work wonderful! I tried it on liquid foundations, it works but not as good. It tends to soak up the product, I end up using more. But in buff-wise and with a light hand, it can perform well in blending your foundation.

It doesn't bleed or shed when I wash it. So I guess it's a hit or miss. It's very dense, so it takes time to dry. I wash mine night time so it dries up around noon the next day.

on 9/15/2011 11:34:00 AM

I recently bought two of these brushes and they are the first brushes I've owned in the E.L.F. Studio line. I'm very impressed. I like the sleek look and the length of the handle and the compact, soft hairs. I use mine for powder foundation and powder blush and it does a wonderful job of blending. I didn't realize it could be used for liquid foundation, but after reading the reviews here, I'm going to try it and see if it is as good as my skunk brush. I'm now hooked on the Studio brushes and hope to purchase more in the future.
Edit: I tried the brush to stipple my Revlon Colorstay foundation and it's perfect!!!!! It delivers an airbrushed, perfect finish. Unlike my old Sigma skunk brush, the ELF brush doesn't suck up foundation, so I use less foundation and the brush stays clean longer. I'm also using another ELF flat top powder brush to stipple my powder blush and it leaves a natural finish. I'm in love with this brush!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

This brush was just okay for me. I used this brush for the first time since I bought it two months ago when ELF had their 60% off sale for their 7th anniversary; so I paid only 1.20 for the brush. There are pro's and cons to this brush.

Pros
It's extremely affordable (especially if you get them on sale)
It's very soft
Its fairly dense

Cons
It absorbs liquid foundation
It splays a bit when trying to buff
It sheds a bit when washing (this was the first wash; it shed 3 hairs)
It takes a long time to dry due to it's density

I think this brush is a pretty good brush. If you are unsure about this brush (I say give it a try) buy it at Target because if you don't like it you can return it. I did not like it as much as I thought, so I may end up giving to a friend.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Triple 5 * for me, the price $3, packaging black, nice and sleek, densely packed soft bristles, would I buy again? Absolutely!!! I own 2 and I love this brush for powder, or liquid foundation, also for blush is wonderful. You really can't go wrong with this brush, and compares to higher quality brushes! Good job ELF cosmetics! :)

on 9/11/2011 7:54:00 PM

There is not much to say about this brush that has not already been said. It works great at applying powders and liquids, and at buffing. It is really multipurpose and is super soft. Even better is that is was 3 bucks at Target. So there is no worries about tossing it in a makeup bag or losing it. It can even compare to more expensive brushes. The reason i took off a lippie is because the ferrule detached off the handle right away, but nothing that super glue can't fix. Also, it does shed a little, but because it is so cheap and works well it is great to have, and I am going to buy another one (or two).

on 9/11/2011 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

LOVE THIS BRUSH! This brush has become my absolute favorite brush. I bought it thinking it's only $3, if I don't like it it won't be much of a loss. I initially used it to apply my powders, then I realized how good of a blush brush it would make so I went and purchased another. I now have 5 of these brushes. The price alone makes this brush worth at least a try.

This is a very soft brush for powder, liquid foundation and cream blush. I use it for my cream blushes and it blends out the color really well. It gives my cheek soft glowing finish without leaving any streaks. I find it much better than using my hand to blend out the cream blushes. The brush is only $3 and the quality is really nice.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

Bought this brush because of reviews here...and glad I did! It's soft, super inexpensive, and I love that it's black and not some cheesy color/design, but the fibers are a bit more compacted down than I would like (I wanted something fluffier since I was going to use this for finishing powders- if anyone has a better recommendation lemmie know). Oh, and I had to cut one of the fibers because it was sticking out wayyy too much...whatever, it was an easy fix...esp. for what I paid.

on 9/8/2011 11:01:00 AM

Great starter brush for those looking to stipple on liquid or cream foundation. I have used it for mineral foundations as well. I find it does soak up product quite a bit so I tend to dot on liquid/cream foundation first with fingertips and then use this brush to give airbrushed look. Can't beat $3 price though :)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Love this brush! I bought their complexion brush at Target and loved how soft it was, so when they had their online 50% off sale I purchased about half of the Studio line. I would have skipped this one if I had not read all the reviews on MA, and I'm so glad I decided to try it out!

It's amazing how well it works with liquid foundation; I'll never use a makeup sponge again! It did a better job than using my fingers, traditional foundation brushes, dry AND damp sponges. Thought the brush would be too soft for the job or that it would get filthy with one use. Nope! After I was done using it for foundation it was clean enough for me to try it out with blush too. Will definitely be buying backups of this brush!