E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

synthetic, cruelty-free hair

Such a dense and soft brush! It's very nice for applying various mediums.

And the price? Blows my mind haha the constantly have sales too whee!

For those who are worrying exactly what it is,

It's basically a flat top kabuki brush with a long handle.

It also uses synthetic fibers, which I find more hygienic.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this brush...I want like 5 more, one for blush (when I want it more dramatic), one for liquid makeup (one for application, one to blend the foundation in), and one for bronzer...this is my HG brush, it doesnt shed, it comes in nice packaging, the hairs are soft, and the hairs are dense enough for a number of uses. Currently I use for blending and powder to set my foundation. I have other versions of this brush and this one is def my fav...and with the price point, even if it wasnt the best, I would still use it more than my others. Actually, I think I am going to buy like 5 more now....ELF has 1.98 shipping!!!! yay!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush
Retail - $3
50% Off for $1.50

PROS
-Inexpensive
-Great for applying liquid foundation and powder
-Soft
-Sleek

CONS
-Barrel to wood tends to become unglued which is annoying
-Takes a while to clean and dry

on 8/28/2011 11:56:00 AM

I use this brush every time I use liquid foundation and it works great. I've never had a problem with shedding and it applies so smoothly and evenly. And for the $3, you really can't get anything better. All of the ELF studio line brushes I have are great and I would definitely repurchase if needed.

on 8/28/2011 5:36:00 AM

This brush works great on powder, foundation, blush and bronzer. It is so densely packed though, that it was always a big problem to clean well. Lately, after about a year, maybe a bit more, it started shedding like CRAZY. It seems like it's falling apart. I have older brushes that have stayed intact after having the same cleaning treatment as I do with this brush, so I think it't the brush, not me. I think I will use it until it works no more but won't buy again.

on 8/27/2011 9:10:00 PM

This is such a great brush, and it's only $3! It's so soft and works perfectly for applying the studio hd powder (or any finishing powder). Feels and looks nicer than many more expensive brand-name brushes. I had another flat top brush similar to this that I had paid $30 for - the elf one is softer, denser, and works better. I used to think I had to buy expensive brushes to get good quality, but after using elf studio brushes now I know that's not true..I can't recommend this wonderful brush enough!

on 8/27/2011 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought one of these after I read the reviews here on Makeup Alley and then decided I needed a backup so I went back for a second. You get a pretty good quality brush for the price ($3) that you pay! I alternate this with my Sigma F80. While I do prefer the F80, this is a good quality brush that I would stock up on just because it's so affordable!

on 8/26/2011 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My HG powder brush, so soft and provides FULL coverage. I use this with my Bare Minerals foundation. LOVE IT, I bought 3 of them just in case they decide to discontinue it and it is only $3 people!!!!!!

on 8/26/2011 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Let me start off by saying I was a bit skeptical at first. I've owned literally tons of brushes in my quest for the perfect set. I was on my personal quest to find an amazing foundation brush. I had been using a stippling brush up to now and I just wasn't completely happy with it. I thought it might have been the brand, so I was preparing to splurge for the 1MAC 187 brush when I stumbled upon this little jewel. I figured I would give it a shot. All I had to lose was $3. A few days later after my purchase, I used this brush to apply my MUFE HD foundation. OOOO MYYY GODD. This brush is amazing! The brush was much softer than expected. I applied the foundation on the back of my hand and applied it in circular motions on my face. It buffed it out completely evenly. My fear with this brush was that it was going to eat my product and that stuff is expensive! This doesn't happen at all! The brush is completely clean when I'm done. It distributes the product evenly and in a thin layer so I don't look like I have a mask on. I already ordered 2 backups! This is my HG foundation brush for sure! I mean it's only $3!!! What more could you ask for? This is definitely a great buy. Go for it!!

on 8/26/2011 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this brush! It's multipurpose, you can use it for your foundation, blush or bronzer! I use it with my powder foundation and it works a treat. It's soft, it provides great coverage and it picks up a lot of product too. For the price I think this is a great product, and I would recommend it to beginners in make up like me.