October 26, 2014 | 1593 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

I have used a bottle of this. It took almost a year to finish it. The price is high but wouldn't you spend $40 a years for healthy hair? It is a great product, especially if you have rebellious hair. No more bad hair days. It has a lasting effect in that it really repairs your hair from inside out. I blow dry my hair and then apply some of this to all of my hair. Then I start styling my hair. It takes less time to style my hair with this product than any other product that I have ever used-

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Leslies18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing! I have fine hair, but I use a little bit every day while my hair is damp and it works wonders. It eliminates frizz and makes my hair so shiny and soft. The best part for me is the way it smells. I just love this stuff! I only use a little so it won't weigh it down. Would definitley reccomend it to anyone, even people with fine hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 4:55:00 AM More reviews by amoyer2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a miracle product. I am a hair junkie and this stuff is by far some of the best stuff I've ever come across. If you have dry hair - buy this stuff. It eliminates frizz, makes hair super shiny, and smells delicious! Worth the price! This is also reviewed under Moroccan Oil if you need more testimony to convince you.

I also have the Shampoo/Conditioner and they're heavenly as well. I can't stop petting my hair...

Word of Warning:
I wouldn't reccomend this to someone with fine hair - it would probably be way to heavy.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by jellybelly25

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! My hair has never felt so soft or looked so shiny! My hair dries quicker and definitely tames the frizzies!! And the only reason I give it 4 instead of 5 is the packaging...like others I wish it had a pump or some other type of dispenser. But would definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2009 2:22:00 PM More reviews by GStelz

First the bad: it's pricey - $40! The packaging is dumb: you have to pour out this precious oil into your hand, and given the price I don't want even the smallest droplet to be sacrificed on my bathroom rug. A dropper or squirt nozzle would be far easier, less messy and less wasteful.

Now the good: It smells delectable. It's sexy as heck - I want it as a massage oil (mmm :-) ). It also does what it is supposed to do: it smooths your hair, makes it soft and shiny. I've also noticed my hair dries faster. It doesn't make my hair greasy, which is great b/c I have hair on the fine side (but lots of it, and it can get very fly away-y) and the potential for a grease disaster is high.

I know they make a hair masque but here is what I do once a week for the most undeniably best blow dry ever - I look like I just got my hair done at the salon: I distribute a generous amount through my hair, massaging it into my scalp and all through the ends. I use enough to look like a grease ball. Comb through to make sure it's distributed and that you have no tangles. Then I put my hair up in a clip for about 10-15 minutes while I shower. If you ladies are anything like me, your Saturday night getting-ready-to-go-out ritual entails full body exfoliation, shaving, etc. So wasting 10 minutes in the shower is easy. Then I shampoo it out with a volumizing shampoo and use a little volumizing conditioner on the tips.

I follow with some Redken straightening balm and blow dry. My hair looks AMAZING.

Major complaint: my sister steals it!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 2:58:00 AM More reviews by sjm15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to be a slave to BioSilk, but this has changed my mind for good! I was introduced to this by a coworker who used to work in a salon and she'd been raving about this great new oil that she discovered.

I have color-treated (highlighted) hair that's long-ish, I usually keep it either to my shoulders or to my bra strap in the middle of my back and it's on the fine side. I use Moroccanoil on wet hair mostly, and I've noticed a huge difference - my hair air dries much quicker, less frizzy and shiny as ever. When I don't use it on wet hair to air dry, I use it on dry hair after flat ironing. What a difference it has made! The ends of my hair get dry and frizzy when I air dry with nothing in my hair, but when I use Moroccanoil there's none of that. My hair is soft, easy to get a brush through, and I can't even speak of the shine.

This product is amazing, and I will never use another hair oil, Moroccanoil is the end-all, be-all of hair oils. The soft fragrance is delicious, I can't even describe what it smells like but it's perfect. I wish the scent lasted longer. I agree with other reviewers, I do not like the packaging - the glass bottle is not the most convenient, and I almost always pour out too much. Despite that, this is the best hair oil I've ever used and I will keep rebuying!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2009 8:09:00 AM More reviews by CantMAKEUPmyMlND

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After hearing the raves on MUA as well as another website I frequent, I knew I had to try this.

My hair: Shoulder length, dry, colored. Wavy/puffy with frizz. Attractive, right?

I bought it at Harmon's for $34.99 and I had a 20% off BBB coupon so it came out to be around $28.

I am a loyal user of Kerastase Oleo Relax Serum which is similarly priced. I love the results that gives me but again, I wanted to try this.

Moroccan Oil is a lovely product. It gives very similar results as the Kerastase for me, which leaves me with shiny, silky, smooth hair. The Moroccan Oil is slightly thicker in consistency and has a brownish tint to it (which Kerastase does not). I find that Moroccan Oil does not make my hair AS sleek as Kerastase without extra work with the blow dryer, but it isn't that big of a deal.

I have brownish hair so if this product was greasy at all it would show up immediately. With all oil/serums, that is a concern for me. Moroccan does not leave a greasy feeling or look to my hair at all.

I use this on damp hair which I blow dry and I've been quite happy with it. I tried it with air drying and sadly it did not work for me - I wound up with a wavy yet still puffy look. I am able to use Kerastase air drying with really pretty defined waves as a result so that was a downside for me with this product.

I like it a lot better than Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum and *slightly* less than Kerastase Oleo Relax.

The only thing I really dislike is the glass bottle it is in. My bathroom floor is tile and I worry about dropping it. Traveling with it would also be hard.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 12:21:00 PM More reviews by jlclerf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Well, against all odds, I really like this product. For about three years now I've been avoiding the use of silicones in my hair and skin products. Because of this, the texture of my hair has improved but I've had trouble finding heat-styling products that are up to par but contain no silicones. After hearing so much about Moroccan Oil on MUA, I decided to give it a try and I'm so glad I did!

First, my hair is dark brown, long, fine but abundant, and either wavy or frizzy (depending on the weather). I only heat style a couple of times a week, and I use a curling iron to do so. I never blow dry. I only use Moroccan Oil if I'm going to heat style my hair.

Moroccan Oil comes in a brown glass bottle with a black plastic screw-on cap. This makes it ideal for travel, but not so ideal for application! To get the right amount, I place my flat palm on the opening of the bottle and tip it completely upside down, then right side up. The amount that ends up on my palm is enough product to put on half of my dry hair before heat styling. The smell is actually really nice - I would call it a sort of jasmine/vanilla/musk scent, but definitely more floral than foodie, and not at all suffocating.

This product calms the frizz in my hair, makes the curling iron go through my hair like butter, and adds shine like I've never had before. I was concerned that my hair wouldn't hold a curl after using this serum, but I was wrong! The curls are as long-lived as ever.

I would absolutely buy this again, but I probably won't have to for a while. A little really does go a long way. It is pretty costly, but I've found it to be a worthy investment.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by thejennifermonster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. For an oil, it's not greasy at all and doesn't weigh down my hair. It makes my hair very soft and helps with fly-aways. The smell is nice, but not overpowering. It's very expensive, but if you use it sparingly the 3.7 oz. bottle should last a few months.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 10:52:00 PM More reviews by MiaMoore

I Lurves... It smooths, adds shine, softens, controls frizz, and smells incredible! I use it two ways, as a treatment on days I shampoo, applying it on towel dried hair mid shaft through ends. I layer it on top of Pureology's Essiential Repair Split End Correcting Treatment, then use my styling products and blow dry. It does not weigh my medium-fine textured hair down at all. I also use it as a heat protectant before I fat iron. A little goes a long, long way. The only disadvantages are the glass bottle it comes packaged in and the fact that the wonderful smell does not stay with me through the day.