July 31, 2014 | 1370 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2009 2:22:00 PM More reviews by GStelz

First the bad: it's pricey - $40! The packaging is dumb: you have to pour out this precious oil into your hand, and given the price I don't want even the smallest droplet to be sacrificed on my bathroom rug. A dropper or squirt nozzle would be far easier, less messy and less wasteful.

Now the good: It smells delectable. It's sexy as heck - I want it as a massage oil (mmm :-) ). It also does what it is supposed to do: it smooths your hair, makes it soft and shiny. I've also noticed my hair dries faster. It doesn't make my hair greasy, which is great b/c I have hair on the fine side (but lots of it, and it can get very fly away-y) and the potential for a grease disaster is high.

I know they make a hair masque but here is what I do once a week for the most undeniably best blow dry ever - I look like I just got my hair done at the salon: I distribute a generous amount through my hair, massaging it into my scalp and all through the ends. I use enough to look like a grease ball. Comb through to make sure it's distributed and that you have no tangles. Then I put my hair up in a clip for about 10-15 minutes while I shower. If you ladies are anything like me, your Saturday night getting-ready-to-go-out ritual entails full body exfoliation, shaving, etc. So wasting 10 minutes in the shower is easy. Then I shampoo it out with a volumizing shampoo and use a little volumizing conditioner on the tips.

I follow with some Redken straightening balm and blow dry. My hair looks AMAZING.

Major complaint: my sister steals it!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 2:58:00 AM More reviews by sjm15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to be a slave to BioSilk, but this has changed my mind for good! I was introduced to this by a coworker who used to work in a salon and she'd been raving about this great new oil that she discovered.

I have color-treated (highlighted) hair that's long-ish, I usually keep it either to my shoulders or to my bra strap in the middle of my back and it's on the fine side. I use Moroccanoil on wet hair mostly, and I've noticed a huge difference - my hair air dries much quicker, less frizzy and shiny as ever. When I don't use it on wet hair to air dry, I use it on dry hair after flat ironing. What a difference it has made! The ends of my hair get dry and frizzy when I air dry with nothing in my hair, but when I use Moroccanoil there's none of that. My hair is soft, easy to get a brush through, and I can't even speak of the shine.

This product is amazing, and I will never use another hair oil, Moroccanoil is the end-all, be-all of hair oils. The soft fragrance is delicious, I can't even describe what it smells like but it's perfect. I wish the scent lasted longer. I agree with other reviewers, I do not like the packaging - the glass bottle is not the most convenient, and I almost always pour out too much. Despite that, this is the best hair oil I've ever used and I will keep rebuying!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2009 8:09:00 AM More reviews by CantMAKEUPmyMlND

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After hearing the raves on MUA as well as another website I frequent, I knew I had to try this.

My hair: Shoulder length, dry, colored. Wavy/puffy with frizz. Attractive, right?

I bought it at Harmon's for $34.99 and I had a 20% off BBB coupon so it came out to be around $28.

I am a loyal user of Kerastase Oleo Relax Serum which is similarly priced. I love the results that gives me but again, I wanted to try this.

Moroccan Oil is a lovely product. It gives very similar results as the Kerastase for me, which leaves me with shiny, silky, smooth hair. The Moroccan Oil is slightly thicker in consistency and has a brownish tint to it (which Kerastase does not). I find that Moroccan Oil does not make my hair AS sleek as Kerastase without extra work with the blow dryer, but it isn't that big of a deal.

I have brownish hair so if this product was greasy at all it would show up immediately. With all oil/serums, that is a concern for me. Moroccan does not leave a greasy feeling or look to my hair at all.

I use this on damp hair which I blow dry and I've been quite happy with it. I tried it with air drying and sadly it did not work for me - I wound up with a wavy yet still puffy look. I am able to use Kerastase air drying with really pretty defined waves as a result so that was a downside for me with this product.

I like it a lot better than Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum and *slightly* less than Kerastase Oleo Relax.

The only thing I really dislike is the glass bottle it is in. My bathroom floor is tile and I worry about dropping it. Traveling with it would also be hard.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 12:21:00 PM More reviews by jlclerf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Well, against all odds, I really like this product. For about three years now I've been avoiding the use of silicones in my hair and skin products. Because of this, the texture of my hair has improved but I've had trouble finding heat-styling products that are up to par but contain no silicones. After hearing so much about Moroccan Oil on MUA, I decided to give it a try and I'm so glad I did!

First, my hair is dark brown, long, fine but abundant, and either wavy or frizzy (depending on the weather). I only heat style a couple of times a week, and I use a curling iron to do so. I never blow dry. I only use Moroccan Oil if I'm going to heat style my hair.

Moroccan Oil comes in a brown glass bottle with a black plastic screw-on cap. This makes it ideal for travel, but not so ideal for application! To get the right amount, I place my flat palm on the opening of the bottle and tip it completely upside down, then right side up. The amount that ends up on my palm is enough product to put on half of my dry hair before heat styling. The smell is actually really nice - I would call it a sort of jasmine/vanilla/musk scent, but definitely more floral than foodie, and not at all suffocating.

This product calms the frizz in my hair, makes the curling iron go through my hair like butter, and adds shine like I've never had before. I was concerned that my hair wouldn't hold a curl after using this serum, but I was wrong! The curls are as long-lived as ever.

I would absolutely buy this again, but I probably won't have to for a while. A little really does go a long way. It is pretty costly, but I've found it to be a worthy investment.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by thejennifermonster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. For an oil, it's not greasy at all and doesn't weigh down my hair. It makes my hair very soft and helps with fly-aways. The smell is nice, but not overpowering. It's very expensive, but if you use it sparingly the 3.7 oz. bottle should last a few months.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 10:52:00 PM More reviews by MiaMoore

I Lurves... It smooths, adds shine, softens, controls frizz, and smells incredible! I use it two ways, as a treatment on days I shampoo, applying it on towel dried hair mid shaft through ends. I layer it on top of Pureology's Essiential Repair Split End Correcting Treatment, then use my styling products and blow dry. It does not weigh my medium-fine textured hair down at all. I also use it as a heat protectant before I fat iron. A little goes a long, long way. The only disadvantages are the glass bottle it comes packaged in and the fact that the wonderful smell does not stay with me through the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by 4ForUGlenCocoUGoGlenCoco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, I'm giving this a 4 to be fair.Here's the deal-In my opinion, this is a good serum...but it's not outstanding.At least it isn't for me.I bought it because of the raves, but...I don't know...it's just a good (but basic) serum to me.I didn't get the whole 'WOW' effect.It made my hair softer & a bit more shiny, but I've had serums that I like better, that are waaay cheaper.And the smell is okay, but nothing I'm wild about.So it's good, & I'll finish the bottle, but I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by KayBella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Normally I will wait a week or two to review a product to see what I think of it, not just my early, brand new product, crush thoughts. However, I have only used this today, and I get the hype!! I have shoulder length, wavy, thin (but lots of it), high-lighted hair. Most silicone products weigh my hair down, and/or make it behave badly in innumerable ways. This product, however, is WONDERFUL!! Like other reviewers have said, my hair dried in about half of the time. Itís shiny, soft (slippery, actually) and is behaving very well. My fly-aways are gone, my hair is holding itís curl, and doesnít look the least bit ďfuzzyĒ, for lack of a better word.

I love this hair oil! It will be a long time before I have to contemplate buying a new bottle, my guess is this product will last my hair a year, with everyday usage. I bought it at drugstore.com, as part of an order, I wanted to get free shipping. It was $35 US. But considering how long I think it will last, the price isnít a problem. I changed the packaging, putting the oil into an empty lotion dispenser I have. I wanted to only be able to get a drop or two at a time.

And like everyone else says, it smells great. It smells like incense, but not stinky smoky incense. Just spicy and clean. Definitely give this one a try!!

(EDIT) Four months later, I still LOVE this stuff. Still use it everyday, AND, I am still on my first bottle! :-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Sandito

I have curly/frizzy hair that I both straighten and wear curly and this product is wonderful for both styles. I love the smell and the texture, which surprised me, because I don't like any oil in my hair and a weighed down texture. Although my hair is curly, it's not thick and when it's weighed down with oils, it looks limp and frizzy, which looks as good as it sounds.
Moroccan Oil adds a weightless sheen, makes hair look healthy, shiny and clean and seemed to take time off my routine as the straightner just glided through my hair after blow drying.
I agree with the other reviewers about the packaging. However, I found it for $24 and it seems to be lasting a long time, so I don't have any major concerns with the price. A classic for any hair type I would reccomend it to anyone and am interested in the product I saw for enhancing curls.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by elpee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Moroccan Oil for a couple of weeks and it really does deserve the praise it's been getting on MUA. It doesn't make my hair greasy at all and I don't seem to have to shampoo as much. My hair is relaxed but sometimes the ends can be a little frizzy. Moroccan Oil has reduced the frizziness substantially. The smell reminds me of incense at a middle eastern bazaar, but is not overpowering; kind of like a light body powder. I've only used it on my dry hair (makes it so soft and silky) but will blow dry it in tonight. I don't like the packaging (should be in a pump or something easier to dispense than a glass cough syrup bottle), but what's most important is the product, and the product is great. Since the cost is high for a hair oil (about $30 bucks) I would try to get a sample first but by all means try it. It's that good.