December 21, 2014 | 1789 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Sereneness

I used up the whole tube before reviewing the product - it lasted me a good 3 months (applied once a day for the most part). I used it in conjunction with the Neutrogena Intensive Night Cream that also contains retinol. I actually tried these products in the hopes that it would help a bit with my acne, but it did not seem to have any effect on acne - good or bad.

As a moisturizer, it's very lightweight and non-greasy, drying to a powdery finish. It is not moisturizing enough to get rid of dry patches on your skin, though. Make sure you exfoliate before applying. I actually really like it as a daily SPF moisturizer because it does not leave me looking like a greaseball like a lot of the other SPF moisturizers. I tend to have an oily T-zone, but the oil production does not seem as bad after starting this product.

Since I live in a warm climate, this moisturizer is perfect. However, when we had a few weeks/days of cold weather this product actually made my skin even drier. I had to supplement my routine at night with a thicker moisturizer to help with the dryness. Other than during colder weather, I did not experience flakiness or peeling due to the retinol.

As far as wrinkles go, I did not have any to begin with so I do not know if it was useful for that. It did seem to make my skin tone more even, though. I also believe it helped speed up my skin's healing process because my post-acne redness/scarring faded faster than prior to starting this product. Instead of the redness taking 6 months to heal substantially, it seemed to cut it down to maybe 1-2 months. It did not fade my sunspots/freckles, unfortunately.

Overall, I think this is a great moisturizer for everyday use on oily combination skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by hunnybunnyipm

I used this for a long time but always wondered why I had this weird flakey stuff on my face throughout the day. Turns out that my skin was just never absorbing it - it was the first face cream I had ever really used. I've switched to Mary Kay moisturizers and they work much better on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by iris0726

I like this product in general.
I finished the tube. It didn't give me break out and make my skin to give out more oil.
I can't say I saw a significant improvement of my skin; but at least it maintained it.
The only downfall is that I believe the SPF 15 is not enough sun protection needed in general and I really don't want to put another layer of sunblock, so I am trying other Neutrogena products with higher SPF.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 9:28:00 AM More reviews by vwzen81

OMG! I canít believe the difference in my skin/complexion. Iím only 28 but I was starting to notice some fine lines around my eyes and mouth; this stuff has made those little lines vanish and it has evened out my skin tone. I like that it also has SPF 15 and it has glycerin in it, so it is also very moisturizing. My old Olay moisturizer didnít seem to moisturize at all, it was very runny; the Neutrogena is a thick cream, almost whipped in consistency. It did take about a month for me to really notice a difference in my skin but Iím glad I stuck with it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2010 6:21:00 PM More reviews by LZK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was a good lightweight cream that provided good moisture. This worked well for me when my skin is more combination in the summer and didn't leave me greasy. As per the anti-wrinkle effect, I can't say I saw anything noticeable, but wasn't really expecting to.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by meeps

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was possilbly the worst thing I have ever done to my skin. I bought this moisturizer after reading the positive reviews here, and after searching the skin board for recs. I used it for a week and thought, Hey, this is pretty good! I noticed that my skin was quite oily, but I'm always pretty oily, and I figured that was because it's in a cream base. After the second week I noticed some breakout, but I thought, Maybe it's just that retinol purging I've heard about. After the third week my face was a mess of ugly red bumps! I had probably ten REAL pimples with raised whiteheads, one huge underground cystic pimple that I am still dealing with two weeks later, and small bumps all over my chin and forehead. I talked to my facialist and she said that my acne prone skin had been over stimulated, and caused the crazy breakout. I stopped using that junk and my skin is just starting to return to normal after a few weeks. Horrible stuff! Avoid if you are acne prone!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by mggimcg

HG,HG,HG.

I Love this creme. I'm not sure what about it works with my skin so well..but it's been 2 months and my skin looks awesome. Initially, around the first week of use there was some stinging and redness, but I think I was using too much, and the retinol was slightly burning. I've had no problems since...and I will definitely repurchase. Sometimes it's not moisturizing enough...but honestly it's pretty close to perfect for me. I've tried soooo many moisturizers from different brands, Avene,Nuxe,La Roche Posay,Clinique,Shesiedo,Kiss My Face...you get the idea, and I've never had one I like as much as this...plus, it's 17 bucks. So pleased!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2010 10:23:00 AM More reviews by mkeddie

After using this for a couple days I started to get really dry flaky skin and the flakes continued for 10 days or more even though I stopped using it after 4-5 days. The lady at Shoppers drug Mart told me this is normal because of the Retinol in the product and thats it a good thing. I didn't think my skin was that sensitive. Maybe I will try it again in the summer instead of the dead of winter. At first I blamed it on the winter and the furnace being on all the time. I haven't used it since the problem and I haven't had the flakes come back, so it looks like its the product. I am dissappointed because I have heard such goods things about it. I was thinking maybe I could just use it a couple times a week but not sure it would be as effective then. If you have to go threw the shedding process for it to work then I don't think I can use it. My skin does well with Neostrata doesn't seem as harsh. I will update again if I decide to give it another shot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 9:00:00 AM More reviews by toyarosie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am joining the status quo in giving due props to this product! It doesn't make my oily skin greasy at all, while still providing enough hydration in the bitter winter months. My skin has never looked better - very soft and smooth and clear. I admit my skin is pretty good anyway - I don't break out often - but this has just made my life that much easier! It feels so nice going on too. It's 40mL, not the usual 50mL of a face cream/lotion, and so it only lasts me just over two months...but at the decent price, I don't mind. I can't comment on it's ability to diminish age spots or smooth wrinkles, but in terms of creating 'healthy skin' I can attest to it's power!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by barsoap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very decently priced moisturizer that delivers most of its claims. I have gone through three tubes of this and when I used the cream initially there were a few red, eczema-like patches appearing on my cheeks. I assumed my skin was getting used to the retinol content and was very careful to apply only a small amount. After just a week or so the patches disappeared, and with consistent use my skin was clear and to a large extent looking very even. I started to use it only at night when beginning my third tube, since it is a bit too drying to use underneath my sunscreen. Using this alone at night, and a moisturizing base and sunscreen during day is a powerful combination that has made my skin look better than ever before. The key is consistency, and for me at least to apply very sparingly since the cream is very easily absorbed and causes irritation when too much is used. I have began my first bottle of the Night version and if that doesn't go well, I will definitely return to this spf version because its worked so well even as a night cream!