September 16, 2014 | 1775 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - L'Oreal - Refreshing Eye Make Up Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by ILoveStila80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Man I wish I read the reviews of this product before I bought it. It barely took off my mascara and when it did manage to get off some product there was always an oily residue left over under my eyes and on my cheeks. I had to rub so much I felt like my eyelashes were being pulled out. Also, shouldn't an eye makeup remover not burn your eyes?! What a waste of money. Usually I have a hard time throwing out products and often will give something away if it isn't right for me. With this item I have no problems tossing it in the garbage.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cannot believe L'Oreal continues to make and sell this incredibly horrible product!!! This stung like crazy around my eyes to the point where I felt like I was going to get cysts underneath my eyes. Don't they test out products before officially selling them in the open market? What a joke this remover is. Besides the pain, it also didn't take off my eye makeup. I could have basically used pure acid on my eyelids and would have gotten the same effect. Do not buy this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My eyes have never felt so irritated before in my life after using this product! I would never buy this product again. It was halfway decent at removing eye makup but my eyes watered all night after using it. My eyes also became very dry, red and irritated afterwards. (Including the delicate under eye area). Maybe I just had a bad reaction to this product...not sure but I tried it several times over several weeks. All I know is I won't be repurchasing ever!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by jojo2739

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I surprise that how many rated this as a bad eye makeup remover!
It removes all my eyeshadow with one gentle sweep of cotton pad, but the bad side is it does not remove eyeshadow & eyeliner all at once, you need to use q-tip as a more detail removing process for eyeliner (my eyeliner is not water-proof and I'm not wearing any mascara at all).
However, I won't recommend this product for those used waterproofed mascara and eyeliner, since you really need to use oil-based makeup remover to do the job.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by nanimav

I hate this!! It seems like I'm using half a bottle each time I used this stuff, and I don't wear alot of makeup to begin with. All tugging and the big blotchy red eyes that I get after use just aren't worth it. I will NOT be repurchasing this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by vickyyy

whats the point of this product. it's so useless it doesn't get any makeup off of my eye.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2009 6:20:00 PM More reviews by jackieedang

this product gets nothing off of my eye. i scrub and scrub and scrub until my eye bleeds of redness, and barley anything comes off. quite a pointless product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by xroars

i'm surprised at the some of the bad reviews for this. i absolutely love this stuff. great for my mascara and eyeliner, but not so well with eyeshadow, but hey i don't complain if my eyeshadow just has too much glitter.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2009 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Carrol

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this at my girlfriend's place, and it took my eye makeup off like a dream! I used it with a cotton pad, held it against my eye for a bit, and WHOOSH - all of my mascara and eye makeup gone. Another plus was that it wasn't oily at all. I use Korres makeup remover cloths and love them, but if I didn't, I would use this product.
UPDATE: APRIL 4, 2012 - Dropping this down to a 1 lippie (I can't get it to allow a zero). L'Oreal tests big time on animals. Bye Bye L'Oreal. I will not promote any of your products ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2009 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Hailey92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I have tried a lot of eye makeup removers and this is the only one that doesn't burn my eyes. It's also not oily at all which i hate so that's a plus. It completely takes off all my eye makeup without any tugging or pulling. I think the secret to having this product work well is holding the cotten pad with the product on it against your eye for like 10 seconds. Doing this is what makes it come off without tugging. I don't use waterproof mascara so i don't know if it would work the same way for it. This eye makeup remover is just so gentle, my sister even uses it on her face to take makeup off before cleansing it. It doesn't even give her acne! I would deffinitly purchase this product again.