August 21, 2014 | 1580 users online

Powders - Smashbox - Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Owl34

I use to be a bare minerals gal till I met halo! I honestly am really picking with putting stuff on my face since I do have sensitive skin, but giving this a try I instantly fell in love!!!
This lasted me for about a year or so and it's great on my sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by ir88

I really love this product. Its the best. If you normal skin, with no problem you can wear just as it is, a powder. You get full coverage and a nice glow. I use it everyday for 2 years and will never change to any liquids or other makeup. Your face feel light and you dont even feel that you are wearing anything. LOOOOOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Jaylakent

Great package - shave as you need - love the brush (still have and use it) - coverage - not so great. If you have good skin and want to have flawless skin - use this. If you have combo/aging skin - will not work for you. PLUS it is gawd awful expensive!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by alwells

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm new to Smashbox (except for the primer, of which I'm a long time fan) and love this product. I got this in the skin perfect set, which was the perfect intro to the line.

This product is all it purports to be. Love it. I've used Lancome's mineral powder for a number of years, but already like this product even more. It goes on silky smooth and leaves a flawless complexioin in its wake. Where Lancome sometimes left a slight dry/itchy feeling, this does not do so.

I am a big fan of the packaging as well. It allows you to shave of a bit at a time (and I'll tell you, a very small amount truly does go a long way. The product (in the set) I received also has a mirror built into the lid, which will be great for travel. I plan to purchase the full sized product and save these travel sizes for travel, and my bag. :)

I would say if you're in the market for a perfecting shadow, give this a try. Good stuff.

___
Update: after using the product for a couple of weeks, I found it to be not as ideal as I hoped (wanted). I actually re-ordered the Lancome, which is perfect for my skin.

I still use this product on occasion - more when I'm in a rush, or just running daily errands. But for more special occasions or when I want a polished finished, I default back to the Lancome. It's a bit more time consuming but I find it to be worth it for the end result. I do wish Lancome's systems was a 2 in 1 and had the handy little shaver adn built-in mirror. But, in the end, it's the way it looks on my skin that is the ultimate determiner of what I'll use.

I won't repurchase. But I will finish this product. I would suggest it for those with few imperfections and perhaps slightly oily or combination skin. It's a fabulous concept.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by conceal4ever

Great packaging, amazing brush that I still use even though I don't have the product anymore, and it does everything it says it would do. It goes on smoothly, amazing coverage, very natural and gives your face a nice glow.

Only problem for me is that I have combination skin and the powder hydrates too much. By the end of the day my face gets very oily. I would not buy this product again because it's not the right powder for my skin type but I would definitely recommend it to someone else with dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by zevia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is great! Not too heavy with a light fresh coverage over your favorite foundation or tinted moisturizer! Not the cheapest of products but definitely something i would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by luxlover79

I lean towards using matte powders to set my foundation coz I have oily skin, so I was a little unsure to try this product at first. But it's hard to ignore the rave reviews about this powder.I really had to give this a try. Smashbox Halo didn't fail me! This gives the "magical" finish on my face. I dread the word "hydrating" printed on labels coz I hate getting oily face, but Halo is hydrating in a different way that my makeup seems to stay fresh without the rapid oil production. I love how the fine lines under my eyes seem to diminish upon applying this. Foundations for oily skin tends to look dry on my undereye skin, but Halo helps save the day! Whatever Smashbox claims about this product, it all became true in my experience. I'll keep this baby in my stash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Karin1539

OK I admit I am a HUGE Smasbox fan and this product is one of their best. Since I love Smashbox so much, I tend to use all their products, from primer on and I do think that they work best in conjunction. Whenever I use all the products in the flawless skin kit I end up with flawless skin. And my skin is not good on its own! I love that this powder does NOT give me that powdery look and it feels good on my skin. It does blur all my aging signs - wrinkles, discolorations and all that stuff! It gives an excellent flawless finish for me. LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by troubleinlipstick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's -2 lippys because it's crazy expensive and because it only works only works on dry skin. I got this in light and the color suited me perfectly. I have combination skin so it's oily in summer and dry in winter. This was much MUCH. Better during my dry season lol because it tends to get oily. So if you have oily skin and don't want it getting worse steer away. The packaging is genius. You shave off as much product as you need. GENIUS! It's a buildable powder. It's about medium coverage but you really have to pack it on. Smashbox's face and body brush works great for this! or use it as a setting powder. And it doesn't look cakey which is a plus. I wouldn't buy it again though because it's 60 bucks! Not really worth it. Maybe for 35$

Note: you can get this on eBay for ten bucks!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by jess213

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for about 6 months. Depending on what brush I use, I can get sheer coverage or medium coverage. I have used this as both a setting powder and as a powder foundation. When my liquid foundation doesn't look quite right in terms of finish and texture, this powder instantly improves the look. The only thing I don't like is it doesn't do much in terms of oil control, but it is a hydrating powder and I remind myself of that daily. As for the claims they make with all of the minerals/gold/etc. improving wrinkles and such, I can't say one way or the other considering I don't have that skin issue yet. I do like the packaging with the grinder, as there is less mess compared with a traditional loose powder when I am traveling. I will continue to purchase this (but haven't had to repurchase yet because there is so much product in the container).