July 28, 2014 | 1314 users online

Conditioner - Nioxin - Scalp Therapy

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2005 8:52:00 PM More reviews by beautyinside

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a great conditioner but I didn't see improvement in my hair growth. It's refreshing and minty, and it makes your scalp tingle. I used it about 3 years ago and I might try it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2005 2:15:00 AM More reviews by jubeejube

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it actually works! together with the cleanser shampoo anyway. when you don't go by the instructions, i have to say it doesn't do the job that well. but ohh! it works so well when done right. it does take time though. i get more volume & my hair's so smooth & soft. will buy again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2005 7:43:00 AM More reviews by HesterB

Began using this with the Protectives Cleanser on the advice of my hairdresser, when my stressed, dehydrated hair was coming out in plug-clogging amounts. After a month, hairloss had slowed and my hair looked a million times better - thicker, glossier, less frizzy. Now I wouldn't use anything else. I actually like the fresh minty smell, and the tingly feeling it gives my scalp in the shower. Just wish it was cheaper to buy in bulk in the UK!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2005 5:23:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

I started using this conditioner because my hair was falling out like crazy because of my thyroid medication and my stylist recommended it to keep my hair from falling out. I use the kind for color-treated hair, and it did protect my hair color somewhat, not as well as my former HG color protecting conditioner (Back to Basics Marine line). My hair still continued falling out like crazy for about a month or so, and then it just stopped - I couldn't tell you if it was this conditioner or that I adjusted to the medication, because both are possible. My co-workers did comment that my hair was growing like crazy, but it's hard for me to tell. One thing that has kept me repurchasing this conditioner is that it makes my fine and lifeless hair really full of body. Unfortunately, the smell is hard to tolerate - it smells beyond awful. This stuff is also expensive as hell, and I'm not even sure if it's making my hair grow out faster, but since my hair looks so great when I use it I can't help but repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2004 4:00:00 AM More reviews by fluffyping

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i started with the Bionutrient Actives (300ml)- shampoo and scalp therapy 1 month ago. i have no problem with the smell. the smell is really nothing as compared to having 100-120 strands of hair falling off daily. u can say i was really desperate at that time.

anyway, i'm onto my 2nd bottle now (purchased the 1000ml). my hair condition has improved tremendously - in terms of texture, there's not much difference but it has really help in stopping hair drop for me. nowadays, the max. no. of hair drop is only about 6-10 strands daily. by the way, i only apply the scalp therapy on my scalp. using a seperate conditioner for my hair ends.

but the price is a killer - for scalp therapy - S$ 39 for 300ml and S$ 86 for 1000ml. still, i'd rather pay for it than to suffer hair loss again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2004 2:33:00 PM More reviews by TrishaLynn

I'm on my second bottle of the conditioner and I love it! I notice that my hair is thinning due to prolonged use of birth control pills. That, in conjunction with getting my hair highlighted with light blonde foils is damaging to my hair. So I am trying the Nioxin system, the Protectives Shampoo, Conditioner and Scalp Therapy serum that you apply daily after washing/conditioning and towel drying your hair. I think the whole system is causing my hair to have less breakage. It feels smoother and silker (but I use BTZ Smooth Shot too before blow drying). The conditioner has a refreshing minty scent and feels tingly on the scalp after applied. I leave this on in the shower for about 5 minutes. I will repost after using it longterm as it's only been a few weeks. So far, I really like it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2004 4:17:00 AM More reviews by cjenn

I love this stuff, in my opinion this is what really does it, not that the shampoo isn't effective. I will keep using it for years to come, highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2004 9:01:00 PM More reviews by jasmin3w4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this as 2 for 1 with the shampoo. It feels super minty on the scalp and doesn't seem to coat your hair no matter how much you use. I'm not sure if it the shampoo or conditioner that gets rid of dry scalp flakes but if it the conditioner, it works wonders for it. Will be repurchasing this for sure!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2004 6:38:00 AM More reviews by ongsarah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using Scalp Therapy for almost 3 months. I used to have very thick hair until about four months ago, my hair started to fall out quite a bit. Its common to have hair loss (up to 100 strands per day) but because I've never had such a serious problem, I went on a search for a good hair loss/thinning product. This stylist immediately took out the Protectives Cleanser, Scalp Therapy, Structure & Strength and swear that it'll help! So I bought it and never looked back. After 3 months of usage, my hair stops falling out (max 6-10 strands per day!) and I see a lot of new growth. I used it in conjunction of the SP Professional 3.5 Hair Serum (which I cannot live without as well). I like the peppermint smell and cooling effect it has on my scalp. Also, it doesnt dry up my hair at all. I will definitely re-buy! The packaging is a push top, I flip it over all the time so that its easier to squeeze out the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2004 6:29:00 AM More reviews by jaimmie

I've been using the Nioxin system on and off for about 2 years, and all I have to say is that they REALLY do work to help thinning hair. It takes about 3-4 months, so you have to be patient, but I saw new hair growth, and it's amazing because my hair would fall out by the handful.