Nioxin Scalp Therapy

3.8

on 8/13/2005 10:57:00 AM

I used this with the Nioxin Hair Cleanser because my hair stylist recommended it for my dry, flaky scalp. This immediately soothes the scalp, it tingles and feels refreshing. I even noticed hair growing in along my hairline--a bonus I wasn't even seeking! No more flakiness, and it does not weigh down my fine hair like other conditioners. I can even use it directly on my scalp!
Also, these Nioxin products DO NOT build up in your hair like other products I've tried such as TIGI, Biolage, Wella etc. The best!

on 7/24/2005 5:25:00 PM

I really liked the shampoo and conditioner for the Actives line. I've tried many different shampoos and conditioners: Rusk, Tigi, Dove, Got2be, Pantene, and my least favorite, Herbal Essences. The shampoo lathered nicely and it thoroughly cleansed my hair with no heaviness nor leaving any residue. My hair is fairly healthy, so I can't really say if it helped with damage, oiliness, or dyness, but I do have really thin hair. When I tie my hair up, many of my hairs fall out when I let it down later. When I use conditioner, my hair falls out even more regardless if it was up or down that day. I didn't see that happen as much after using Actives Cleanser and Scalp Therapy. There was actually significantly less hair falling out. My brother, who has very rough, not shiny hair, used this duo, and just after one washing, his hair, to my surprise, actually looked healthier. It was softer and shinier. The white tea antioxidant (I believe it is the most potent antioxidant out of the teas) is an added bonus. I thought it was reasonably priced. I got both the shampoo and conditioner for $45 including shipping and handling on eBay for the HUGE 33.8 oz bottles. I thought it was a very good bargain, though I wish that it had come with a pump instead. I would recommend this to anyone with fine hair, especially for those who lose hair often. I would totally repurchase this in the future.

on 5/19/2005 4:47:00 PM

I like most of the Nioxin products (I use Protective Cleanser, Structure & Strength, Moisture & Strength, Smoothly defined, Bliss) but I am not so happy about Scalp therapy. I can tolerate the smell (even though it's not the best smell ever), and the tigling sensation is nice but my hair gets sooo greasy at the end of the day (I usually wash my hair every other day, but when I use Scalp therapy I have to wash it twice a day). I still bought the second bottle of it, because it was on sale with cleanser but I don't think I will buy it one more time.

on 5/10/2005 2:08:00 PM

This is an excellent conditioner but does nothing for hair growth as it claims. How could it possibly? That's all hormone related. This was a life saver for me during a time when a hairdresser botched a dye/highlight job and my already thinning hair was breaking off at the root. This really prevented alot of fallout. I would buy again for sure.

This was a great conditioner but I didn't see improvement in my hair growth. It's refreshing and minty, and it makes your scalp tingle. I used it about 3 years ago and I might try it again.

on 3/23/2005 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

it actually works! together with the cleanser shampoo anyway. when you don't go by the instructions, i have to say it doesn't do the job that well. but ohh! it works so well when done right. it does take time though. i get more volume & my hair's so smooth & soft. will buy again for sure.

on 2/9/2005 7:43:00 AM

Began using this with the Protectives Cleanser on the advice of my hairdresser, when my stressed, dehydrated hair was coming out in plug-clogging amounts. After a month, hairloss had slowed and my hair looked a million times better - thicker, glossier, less frizzy. Now I wouldn't use anything else. I actually like the fresh minty smell, and the tingly feeling it gives my scalp in the shower. Just wish it was cheaper to buy in bulk in the UK!

I started using this conditioner because my hair was falling out like crazy because of my thyroid medication and my stylist recommended it to keep my hair from falling out. I use the kind for color-treated hair, and it did protect my hair color somewhat, not as well as my former HG color protecting conditioner (Back to Basics Marine line). My hair still continued falling out like crazy for about a month or so, and then it just stopped - I couldn't tell you if it was this conditioner or that I adjusted to the medication, because both are possible. My co-workers did comment that my hair was growing like crazy, but it's hard for me to tell. One thing that has kept me repurchasing this conditioner is that it makes my fine and lifeless hair really full of body. Unfortunately, the smell is hard to tolerate - it smells beyond awful. This stuff is also expensive as hell, and I'm not even sure if it's making my hair grow out faster, but since my hair looks so great when I use it I can't help but repurchase.

on 12/16/2004 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i started with the Bionutrient Actives (300ml)- shampoo and scalp therapy 1 month ago. i have no problem with the smell. the smell is really nothing as compared to having 100-120 strands of hair falling off daily. u can say i was really desperate at that time.

anyway, i'm onto my 2nd bottle now (purchased the 1000ml). my hair condition has improved tremendously - in terms of texture, there's not much difference but it has really help in stopping hair drop for me. nowadays, the max. no. of hair drop is only about 6-10 strands daily. by the way, i only apply the scalp therapy on my scalp. using a seperate conditioner for my hair ends.

but the price is a killer - for scalp therapy - S$ 39 for 300ml and S$ 86 for 1000ml. still, i'd rather pay for it than to suffer hair loss again!

on 11/29/2004 2:33:00 PM

I'm on my second bottle of the conditioner and I love it! I notice that my hair is thinning due to prolonged use of birth control pills. That, in conjunction with getting my hair highlighted with light blonde foils is damaging to my hair. So I am trying the Nioxin system, the Protectives Shampoo, Conditioner and Scalp Therapy serum that you apply daily after washing/conditioning and towel drying your hair. I think the whole system is causing my hair to have less breakage. It feels smoother and silker (but I use BTZ Smooth Shot too before blow drying). The conditioner has a refreshing minty scent and feels tingly on the scalp after applied. I leave this on in the shower for about 5 minutes. I will repost after using it longterm as it's only been a few weeks. So far, I really like it.