December 18, 2014 | 1735 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No 5 Eau Premiere

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by bookwyrmsmith

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS!!!! Eau Premiere is a lovely scent -a delicate fresh lemon over a creamy floral/aldyhyde blend of Rose de Mai,Jasmine ,and Ylang-Ylang .
Eau Premiere isn't a loud ,screetchy scent that assaults your nose ,it knows that a lady doesn't need to yell to be heard.It lasts for around six hours on me ,blending with the skin .Earning comments of "You smell nice/good " rather than "Nice perfume".
This is a scent for any age (in my opinion ) , a young girl could recieve this as her "good perfume " .My co-worker in her 20's likes it .I love it.My mother in her 50's wants some too.(Mother's Day is coming)
I believe this will always have a place in my collection-which is quite sizable .

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Violets4Me

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere for nearly 3 years now and find it to be as fresh and sparkling as the first time I smelled it. I apply it every morning with the Chanel No. 5 Velvet body cream (seems to sweeten the scent a bit) and it seems to go with just about anything - business attire for work, jeans and a tee shirt for weekends, or a night out for drinks and dinner - always fresh, always gets compliments, and always makes me feel good. I save Chanel No. 5 for special occasions only, and it layers beautifully over the Eau Premiere in a pinch. Love it. It will forever be my signature fragrance!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2010 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Pekica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like the smell of this parfume, but on me it has no staying power at all. I feel that it is gone 1 hour after I spray it and needs to be reapplied over and over again. Therefore, I will not purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by mg86

Eau Premiere is a soft, powdery floral perfume that's more boudoir than candy dish as far as feminine scents go: it's as sophisticated as it is youthful and, in a strange subtle way, sexy. I feel that this is a special everyday fragrance, if such a thing can exist. I want to wear it all the time and yet I feel very guilty dabbing it on if I am having a low-maintenance day. I'd skip this if I wasn't wearing a full face of make-up for example, but I wouldn't necessarily choose it for a special occasion. Despite that, I adore the way this perfume smells - it's understated elegance makes it special to me in a way that the other Chanel perfumes are not. There really is something very classic and pure about it.

Another plus is that Premiere doesn't have the same baggage as the regular No. 5. People may not instantly know this scent the way they do No. 5 and so I think that makes it a bit more personal - the presumptions people have about No.5 wearers may not necessarily apply to people wearing Premiere.

In short it is a smart but casual, somewhat low-key scent with a special edge. Skeptics may find they have a new favorite perfume after wearing it for a few hours. I know I did...

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very nice fragrance- lighter version of the original, but yet still soft, elegant and long lasting. Works well w/ my chemistry :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Katrinket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Received a large sample of this as an extra. Expected to hate it, as I really can't do the original chanel no. 5. But... I like it. Yes, enough to buy it. Huh.

Very easy to wear, not Too Much anything, but not boring either. I think several of you have called this a "sparkling" frag? Agreed. More fem than anything I wear. If I had a bottle, I'd reach for it every time I couldn't decide what to wear.

An odd layering that works: Eau premiere with L'Artisan Tea for Two. Or try anything smoky, probably. They complement each other.

Upping lippies to 5. Have a larger bottle now, and I wear it all the time. It's my go-to frag when I just want something lovely and wearable (not challenging).

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by spyro

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this scent but it doesn't last very long. I like bold scents,and this none evaporates rather quickly on me..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by nena505

Love love love this perfume!!!! So fresh yet sophisticated. I've always appreciated the original, but it always overwhelmed me. Even if you don't like the original, give this one a try!!! And the packaging is so elegant!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by cmayes71

Love, love, love this perfume. The original No. 5 may be a little too much for me but this is a beautiful fragrance. On my skin, this is not a powdery smell. Definitely not "old lady". My husband loves this. Even my kids comment on how nice I smell. This is something I would purchase again and again. It may just be my signature fragrance. I just hope they don't discontinue it. If there's a saks near you please go in and try it out. So many perfumes just don't smell right on me but this one is perfection. I layer this with the chanel No. 5 lotion or velvet body cream. That way it lasts all day. All day I find myself smelling my arm. It's that good.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by chrystelica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not a big Chanel fan, and this starts off as a typical chypre, turns into a breezy, powdery fragrance, very stereotypical, nothing special on me at all, though pleasant. I'm not a big fan of this. Much more wearable than the original, I agree, but then again I don't like No. 5.