Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance (Parfum)

on 8/25/2012 11:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I mix 1 part baby oil with 7-8 parts rubbing alcohol, put it in a spray bottle, and use it on my back and chest for breakouts. Helps to clear up acne in a few short days. Some people use rubbing alcohol alone as a toner or spot treatment for pimples, but I found that was too drying for my sensitive skin. The small addition of baby oil does the trick. The 1 to 8 ratio works for me, but you can adjust it according to how sensitive your skin is. I also like Murad Clarifying Body Spray for the back and chest, but that costs about $37 per bottle, while rubbing alcohol, baby oil, and a travel size spray bottle are dirt cheap.

on 8/24/2012 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I had spent years trying out loads of different high end eye makeup removers, then one day my makeup artist friend told me she just used baby oil to remove her eye makeup and I've never looked back. It's so inexpensive and so effective, I don't know why I ever bothered with the high end ones! I've never tried using it to remove my face makeup, maybe I'll experiment and update this..

on 8/22/2012 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great for make up remover! remove all your make up even waterproof makeup, it's cheap and easy to find! also great for sensitive skin. very recommended!

on 8/5/2012 1:34:00 PM

I have been using baby oil as a makeup remover since attending a slumber party as a teen. My friend pulled this out to remove all the eye makeup we'd been experimenting with. Every trace of mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow disappeared without a speck left over and my skin felt soft and smooth. What a revelation! I have been using it ever since. A 14oz bottle is about $3 and lasts me a year. I wear waterproof mascara, and have never found any remover that works as well or as quickly as baby oil. At night it has the added benefit of moisturizing around my eyes now that I am in my 40's. I don't use it as remover if I am planning on re-applying makeup within a couple of hours though as the residue can mess up my re-application. I keep oil free remover handy for those occasions.

on 7/26/2012 5:19:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

when i put this oil on, it makes me feel so warm. and you dont need to take too much to spread it evenly

on 7/15/2012 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

*) Shaving: scrub my legs, wash it out, pour baby oil and shave. So smooth. Better than using shaving foam. Scrubbing beforehand is a must.
*) Make up remover: wet your face / cotton pad with water, add the baby oil, wipe your eyes. I don't recommend using pure baby oil for this purpose coz it's not as good as mixing it with water.
*) Body oil: after shower but before towelling, rub the baby oil lightly.
*) Extreme body conditioning: use your normal body moisturizer, top it with baby oil to seal in the moisture.
*) Cuticle remover: use cotton pad to wipe it around your fingers. Start picking up the cuticle. I think the result isn't as good as using a proper cuticle remover, but it will do for emergency.
*) Body massage: goes without saying it feels better when you have someone to massage you. D'oh.
*) Brush cleanser: pour some baby oil into a piece of cloth, wipe your brushes around, follow up with your normal cleanser. I only do this after heavy duty use to deep cleanse my brushes.

I'm not fond of using baby oil to pre-cleanse my face, but in general oils and my face just don't mix. However, some people have reported wonderful results, so I thought I'd type it into my review.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

There's not much I can say that hasn't already been said about baby oil. I don't use this on my face, but that's because I oil cleanse with EVOO with great results, so I'm not going to rock the boat. I use baby oil while I'm still in the shower before drying off. It's incredibly fast and easy to apply to wet skin. It takes me 30 seconds (literally) to apply. After I have applied this all over, I towel off. There is a slightly oily residue left on my skin, but that is quickly absorbed. After 15 minutes or so, my skin is not at all oily, just really soft and wonderfully, but subtly, scented. The scent isn't overpowering and doesn't interfere with any other fragrance that I sometimes wear. I don't have a need to use any other moisturizer on my body, except for maybe elbows and knees in the drier months. This is a very affordable, convenient, and gentle moisturizer. It's a staple in my skincare routine and out performs every expensive cream/lotion that I've ever tried. I wouldn't be without this. Ever.

on 7/5/2012 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

this is amazing as an all over body moisturizer after the shower. its also a great and affordable eye makeup remover! it removes any kind of eye makeup, waterproof or not, instantly. just make sure you rinse off properly. i squeeze a bit of baby oil onto a cotton bad and gently rub off any makeup is left on my eyes after cleansing, and its gone! definitley recommend! i wouldnt use this all over my face because its pure oil and i already have oily skin with acne.

on 7/2/2012 10:59:00 PM

From makeup remover to soothing balm for a spanked ass, who would have thought it was such a versatile liquid....

on 6/25/2012 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Oils in general have been a staple in my daily functioning life! That's not to say I would die without them, but it doesn't mean I can never go to bed without it!
I have being using Bio Oil for the last 2 years, every night before bed and every morning and night during winter. I hardly (except for baby lotion as hand cream) every use body lotion.
Bio Oil was getting a bit expensive considering I'm going through a large bottle every 10 weeks, baby oil on the upside was only $3.50AUD and I go though a bottle once every 4-5 weeks, it was huge relief for my wallet.
This oil not only hydrates, but it smells soo beautiful and subtle. it reminds me of my favourite discontinue baby cologne in 'Fresh Blossom' but just more subtle, a scent I'll never forget.

Popular Body Skincare Products