October 24, 2014 | 1134 users online

Lip Gloss - DuWop - Lip Venom

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by dkzittel1

I love the tingly sensation that makes me really think that it is plumping up my lips. Decent as a clear gloss, but very expensive. Will probably repurchase it sometime, although I have not felt the need to buy it in several years!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by mbrow222

I originally bought this product because of the ads. I don't think it is worth 18$ though. When you take it out of the tube, it is tiny!!!! It does feel interesting upon application(burns and tingles), yet after a week, I felt nothing. I did not notice a difference in the fullness of my lips. The bottle also started leaking, so I can't carry it in my purse. Would not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by lakegin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this product, although I have been out of it for a while and haven't repurchased, so it is not something that I have to keep on hand at all times. It is a splurge for me. I have very full lips to begin with, but I am obsessed with glosses, balms, and chapsticks. This temporarily plumps your lips by increasing bloodflow, which also brings more color to your lips. I love the tingle and it doesn't bother me at all, but it may be too much for some. The plumping effect is noticeable, but more than that I like how it smooths out my lips. Even though I am only in my mid-to-late twenties I have some fine lines on my lips and this product really helps to smooth those out with the plumping effect.
So, while this is not an everyday use kind of product, I do like it for nights out and special occassions and will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by soniaemily

I LOVE the cinnamon scent and the tingling sensation when applied. The packaging is a very simple glass vile with a lip brush attached to the screw top lid. Lasting power isn't great and it doesn't significantly enlarge lips. Overall a fairly average lipgloss with an amaaazing scent; only if you like cinnamon like me :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by elainechau329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got the mini trio. It gives a thingly feeling when you put it on your lips. I dont really think that my lips were any more or anyless plumped lols I got this as a gift anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by fuzzynavel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This didn't make my lips especially big, but it did make them smooth and glassy. I've been using it as a base under other lip gloss, specifically, Buxom lip polishes. The person who said this eliminates vertical lines in your lips has it right. When the light hits my lips, they look unreal, almost like a cartoon. I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2011 5:43:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

Eighteen BUCKS?!?! For what???
Okay, yes, it does plump my lips, is it so great that I'd buy it again? At that price? no freakin way. The plumping aspect is good enough, but it's a horrible lip gloss. It dries my lips out, tastes and smells gross and needs re-application too often... not at eighteen bucks a tube.
And speaking of tube, what the heck is up with the packaging. First there's this ridiculously HUGE cardboard tube that leads you to think "oh, ok. At least I'm getting alot of product" Once you fight your way thru the impossible cellophane covering the tube so you can get it open (you will hurt yourself at this point) be prepared for a serious disappointment. The gloss is in a vial type thing, which is minuscule, and you apply it with a little brush applicator. I feel like a vain idiot for buying it and even worse when I am seen in public painting my lips with this prissy little brush. Yeah, Caramex does as just a good a job at burning my lips and making them look "stung"
I think I will take it back.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by kmitch137

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this, but if you can't handle the tingle of Burt's Bees, DO NOT try this. It does almost burn a little bit sometimes, but I think it is really fun to use and I do notice a considerable amount of plumping. Be prepared to reapply though, I find myself constantly reapplying when I use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2011 7:41:00 AM More reviews by tangerinna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I can't believe all the positive reviews on this product. I'm giving this 1 lippie simply because it does absolutely nothing aside from just being a clear gloss. My lips tingled for a whopping 15 seconds and I had absolutely no visible change in color, size or fullness of my lips. I may as well just buy a $0.99 clear gloss for that.

There are much better (and better priced) lip-plumping products out there ::cough:: Too Faced's Lip Injection!!! ::cough::. This one was useless and overpriced, unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by alleexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like the lip venom. And let me start off by saying that someone actually asked me if i got lip injections while I wearing this, and they didn't know I was wearing it. No joke. Let me also say, though, that I already have pretty big lips. I think if you have thin, quaint little lips it won't do much for you, but if your lips already have fullness to them it will definitely enhance them. I want to try the moon venom and venom flash but many people say they're very similar and the difference isn't noticeable. Personally I LOVE the sting. I really do. I like that I can feel it working. I don't mind the smell or the taste. This product's only downfall is its size for it's price. I love the metal/paper tube it comes in but the actually gloss tube is tiny!!