October 25, 2014 | 1738 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - Long handled Kabuki

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by LoveMakeUpEver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've decide to write some reviews today, because I was wearing my MAC Pinch O Peach blusher with LHK at the lady's room at work, and lady next to me was commenting how my blusher blends so well. She is a BE user, which means her face was SHINEY as hell, so I introduce her to EM, and I even let her touch LHK bristles, and she was complaining how this $10 brush does better job at blending than her Chanel brush, and saying her blusher just sits on her cheeks instead of blending in like mine :)
If you want great coverage on your MMU, I'd recommend FT.
LHK gives sheerer coverage than FT, and great for blending in blusher. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by daniellan83

Good brush. Very soft and super dense. Especially good for applying blush. For the price(10 dollars i think), it is a pretty good brush. I do prefer my mac 187 though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 3:23:00 AM More reviews by amara8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this brush for my kaolin powder.
And it is a miracle worker!
Give me a gorgeous air-brushed look and is very soft just like all the other everyday mineral brushes.
Very dense as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by nomihappy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE:
This is an amazing brush, but I'm partial towards my new The Body Shop minerals foundation brush!! That one's just more VELVETY, luxurious, and dense. (: This brush is my new blush/finishing powder/primer brush!

Definitely soft! I really like it and ordered it with my sample EDM set.

My only concern is that it isn't as dense as I thought it would be. Soft, alright for foundation, and feels incredibly comfortable when buffing, but............... well, like another reviewer said, this brush isn't THE BEST for putting on mineral foundation. That, coupled with not being as dense as I had hoped, led to one lippie off.

I'm ordering a flat top brush - it seems (from the reviews) that it's better for foundation. I'm glad I tried this kabuki though! And it's perfect for blush anyway, so there's definitely no loss on this brush.

Actually, any suggestions? EDM flat top or Lumiere kabuki? I've heard rave reviews for both.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by cakecheese

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this brush. The bristle is very soft and dense. I use it to buffer on foundation and blush. Also, the handle is just the right length for easy holding. The price is very resonable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by alisoncooks

I love my LHK! I use it for dusting on primer powder & mineral foundation. I use it for using setting powder when I wear liquid foundation. I find it best for all-over face application. It has a good 3 inch (or so) handle so it is very easy to grip. The bristles are SUPER soft and fluffy. I haven't had any issues w/ shedding or anything like that. Overall, this is a great brush and quite affordable ($10).

This is probably bigger than you'd want to use for blush or detailed applications but it's great for all-over!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by olelala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The name is slightly misleading because kabukis are normally used for foundations (i.e. BE) - I wouldn't recommend this for foundation unless you have perfect skin and don't need any coverage. This is perfect for light applications that need to be buffed in.

That being said, I really LOVE this brush for my EDM blushes. It is really really great! So extremely soft, and fulls so good on the face. It is dense enough to pick up the pigment from blushes, but not too dense that it picks too much up... it is so easy to buff nicely into your skin. You'll never be at risk for overzealous clown cheeks. How I use it is I tap some of my EDM blush (I use Walkee Talkee or Swimming Pool) onto the cover of the jar, swirl the kabuki in for a few seconds, and then vigorously buff it into the apples of my cheeks. Instant bright glow. =) Will repurchase again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by bbygerkin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDM brushes are extremely dense. I use this specific brush for all my EDM blushes, and the flat top for my foundation. Amazingly soft, and if you purchase it in a kit, super cheap. Don't be afraid to purchase this brush because it's so cheap. It is better than many of my expensive brushes that i have. I would buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by lairkeeper

Perfect density for finishing powders!

ETA: Product is good, but company can't be trusted. CS beyond BAD! Will not purchase from EVER again. Check their BBB rating-Its F!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a super soft brush that just glides over your skin. It is perfect for application of sheer layers of all over concealers, finishing powders and other things you want to go on sheer but evenly. It is also superb for blending blush accidents.

It works okay for foundation application, though I prefer a denser kabuki over this one for this purpose because this kabuki really is more of a gentle sweeping brush than a buffing brush.

Anyhow, it washes easily, doesn't shed and remain soft after drying no matter what you wash it with. It is a good, all round brush since it can be used for all kind of powders from primer to blush. Just try not to cuddle with it too much! ;)