August 30, 2014 | 1768 users online

Foundations - Max Factor - Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by sarahfirby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just bought this for the third time - i have problem skin so when i find a product that works i tend to stick with it!

goes on really well, good coverage (could be better, but covers my acne quite well if i use concealer as well) and doesn't look cakey on the skin.

i'd definitely recommend applying with a foundation brush rather than using the sponge included with it.
x x x

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Creamy Ivory. I bought it last year, and immediately put it to one side. For my combination skin, it was far too soft and would slide off.
Fast forward a year, and I love it! Either my skincare regime is doing wonders to my skin, or it has just naturally changed - either way, it goes on smoothly, matched perfectly, and gives me great coverage which is light enough to not look cakey or like a mask.
My one gripe is that it didn't last very long. There doesn't seem to be an awful lot of product in it, but at least you can get to all of it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by lifencap

I am using this product for almost a week now but I must say I am not so satisfied. Although its true that it's easy to apply, I must say that the finish made my face look shiny and oily. I dont want to say I hate it 'cause it will only mean I have to dispose it and try another one (and it's so new!).
The coverage is okay, it feels light on my face but I cant help but retouch using my Mac mineralized foundation ever HOUR just to keep my face look matte and less shiny.

I suggest those who have oily skin to STAY AWAY from this product. Probably those who have dry and dull skin will benefit from using it. As for me, I'll probably try to save up again and purchase a different foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2010 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Blairxoxo

I've bought this twice now, it gives quite a flawless effect and is very easy to apply with the pad it comes with. It lasts quite a long time as you only use a small amount each time.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2010 5:38:00 AM More reviews by rawcus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wasn't expecting this foundation to be this good. I usually use Clinique Even Better which is a liquid, but I use this when I'm really in a rush as it literally takes me 30 seconds to sweep over my face.

You only need a tiny amount, and I find the sponge applies it very well. I haven't tried with a foundation brush yet - but I imagine it would give even more airbrushed results.

I like the compact, although as it is in two parts it's a bit of a hassle to carry around, plus the glass is heavy (and I imagine breakable!).

It's a little heavier than I would like, and doesn't give me the "glowiness" of my Clinique, but it delivers an impressive, even matt result that covers my imperfections and stays put. Blusher sticks to this like nothing I've ever seen, so be light on application or you'll end up looking a bit dolly girl.

I think I'd repurchase - it's good for evenings out and as I only use a little it seems to be lasting fairly well (although you don't get a huge amount of product). It's a good, relaible foundation. Just doesn't have the wow factor of the HE stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by JustForMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

AMAZING
The best drugstore creme foundation.. it is soooooo light weight and medium to build-able coverage. You need just a tiny bit to cover the whole face and i prefer to use a sponge to apply/blend the product. I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2010 7:00:00 AM More reviews by YCH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Having generally decided I'd have to stick to high end brands only for foundation, I did a foundation finder on the Max Factor website and this came up, so next time I was in a chemist, I tried it and was amazed by the absolutely perfect colour match (warm almond for NC20). Anyway, I have been using it since for evenings (my Estee Lauder Double Wear is unbeatable for all day use) and I love it. As others have said, the packaging isn't great and you get less product than you think due to the heavy glass lid, but it does look great and is easy and quick to apply with a flat foundation brush.

Edited Aug 2013 - this is definitely one that goes "off". I tend to ignore use by dates and generally that's fine, however, with this is went from the perfect shade to orange runny paint (even though, oddly it looked the same in the pan)

This was my fault as I had had it for a while and even bought several back-ups, luckily, the back-ups which were sealed in the fridge were fine and reminded me why I liked this, just a word of warning !

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2010 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Meiosis

Cons:
Shimmer,lots of it
You could barely say it has coverage.
Product feels oily, goes on and sets powdery

Pros:
Cute packaging
Very light, almost mousse-like feel
Has a cool name

-Sorry, but I don't think it's as good as everyone is saying.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Shawtyx

PRICE... I wasnt sure whether to buy this foundation as i thought it was a bit pricey, but actually the face how good it is overwrites that.

COLOUR... I brought the colour 'bronze' as i wear fake tan nearly all the time and this was a perfect match, unlike other foundations i have brought come out PINK, this was more of an olive colour :-)

APPLICATION... I first tried this and was dissapointed it didnt seem to have heavy coverage which i like, (But that was by applying with the sponge and WIPING it around my face) I experimented and found that by DABBING the sponge around your face instead, the coverage is fantastic!! because your not wiping off which you have already applied.

OVERALL... Very pleased with this product and will definitely be buying it again. I often have breakouts on my chin, and also have rosy cheeks which i like to cover so that ,my foundation looks flawless, This foundation is good for that :-) Thanks for reading.. This is my first review on here.

Kirsty x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by misscurlylocks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am wondering where my review for this has been or I didn write one.. this is my HG Foundation it looks airbrushed on the skin thats if you arelucky enough to find one of the 5 shades to suit you. My chosen shade is golden and sometimes I use natural and I look airbrushed and flawless without it making me look like I have any foundation on. I can achieve a flawless even base that has the look of real skin yet it really doesnt look like I have makeup on. This foundaton is a miracle for my dry skin and it looks fresh and I look younger. This really deserves vey high ratings. I never break out I get perfect coverage it doesnt look cakey it always looks even if is soft as a moisturiser and I pray this does not get discontniued. I know that is a common trend with Max Factor.I am usually not one to rave about MFbut this product and another one fotheres ( soon to be reviewed by me) are amazing. I guess thats why they are the makeup of makeup artists. Yes the shades are dead limited. They dont favour pale skins or meduim dark skins just meduim skins really. The shades are more close to one another rather than dividing thm into light med dark so that is a definate disadvantage. I also wish the foundation never lasted 1monthit sems a bit quick I usualy have my foundation for at least 5 moths so it seems unfair. But I love it and long may they make this beauty.