April 16, 2014 | 1073 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by MutedDragon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This didn't stop my eyeshadows from creasing terribly. But when I apply it after my lotion and sunscreen, it's great in keeping my face from being sticky and greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Taravolo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I read about using this awhile ago as a makeup primer and I thought wow that is weird. Let me just say it works. I have used many primers from cheap $3 ones to $40 dollar ones. I love the Monistat Gel. It goes on really smooth, almost velvety. Not greasy and I have really oily skin so this was a concern for me. It does not clog pores. I have sensitive skin and this does not make me break out or get a rash. My $40 primer just sits in the drawer now. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by bloodymerry52

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm so glad I switched from Smashbox to this. It will save you so much money. This is good for everyday, but I'll still use Smashbox for a night out. I don't like to wear a lot of makeup for work (military) so all I do is cleanse/tone then skip moisturizer and use this instead. I apply my concealer then a light dusting of powder and I'm set. It looks very natural. It doesn't break me out and my makeup stays put ALL day. Would definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this as a primer for my face (got the tip from a beauty blogger on youtube) and this is how I use it: I put my moisturizer on, then my foundation (L'oreal Visible Lift), then I squeeze a small amount on my fingers and lightly rub it into my face - staying away from the eye area. It evens the foundation and I don't even have to set my face with powder. It leaves my skin feeling soft and smoothe. I've also used this on the back of my heels when I wear high heels that rub a little much. It softens the area and doesn't leave me with red, hurting heels.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by gsl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I barely wear makeup, used this a primer a few times and it worked well. BUT, what I do is, I put one some lip balm, wait about 5 minutes and then dab some of this stuff on top of my lip balm. My lips looks bigger and soooooo freaking smooth! They look like a million bucks, try it :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by FrogPrincess1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this as a primer. It works. I wouldn't say as well as Lancome's La Base Pro, but it works well enough. It makes my foundation last longer than if I have used nothing at all. This also helps my foundation blend well. I dislike Smashbox's primer because it really does nothing for me. The Monistat chaffing gel works to where it helps keep my foundation on for about 4-5 hours compared to 6-8 hours that La Base Pro does or the lousy one hour that going without anything does for me. Its good in a pinch and does not break me out at all. I keep this handy in my makeup bag for the in-between times.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by mltmtascp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Use this product all the time as a primer. I find it works very well. I have blended it with foundation or concealer and it work well that way too. It is inexpensive and that works for me too. I hate spending a fortune on makeup. Happy I found this as an alternative to more expensive products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this primer. It really controlled my oil - much more than Smashbox - and made my makeup last all day. Yesterday, I needed to go from a day to night look. Normally, I would have had to wash my face and start over. With this, I just dabbed some powder around my nose, intensified my eyes and was good to go!

A few things:
1) Do a patch test on your face - some people are sensitive to this product, so I placed a small 24 hour patch of it near my jawline. Figured if it made me break out, could wear my hair down to cover. Personally, I had no issues.
2) Moisturize first - this is more drying than Smashbox, which is great for oil control, but you don't want to swap oil for flakes
3) Tweak your routine a bit, I normally powder my whole face to set, with this, I only powdered my under eyes and nose. Used with revlon color stay foundation and nyx hd concealer wand.

PROS:
- fills fine lines
- controls oil
- makes makeup last all day
- super cheap ($6 vs. $35 for Smashbox)
- makes your face feel like silk
- makeup glides on, eyeshadow and blush are more vibrant and easier to blend
- very versatile - I have used under strapless bra underwires, which tend to chafe me - would never do that with super expensive Smashbox
CONS:
- wish the brand Monistat was not so front and center

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Jelli1218

I like how this product makes your skin feel like butter! and helps makeup go on nice and smooth. Im not sure if it makes my makeup stay on longer? but it makes application a little smoother. I would probably repurchase. its something that would be good to have. and its small enought to throw in a makeup bag or purse.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by LIPSTICKJUNKI3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very Oily Skin and needed a Primer to control it. I was a little apprehensive using a Chafing Gel on my face, but I had heard good things about it and the price is very reasonable so I said why not. I'm so glad I purchased this product. Works wonders under my foundation. The oilest place on my face is my nose and that is the only spot I have to touch up throughout the day. I have been using this product for 2 years and I love it.