August 29, 2014 | 1678 users online

Treatments - Biotin (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Rach3llynn3

I've been reading reviews on here, and everyone is saying it's breaking them out. I looked stuff up before I bought it and it said its a water based pill, which means that it uses water to break down. If you don't get enough water it will break you out. I even tried it out, it's true! But yes I feel like it's working I take about 3-5000 mcg a night with about 36-48 oz of water a day. I've only been using it for about 3 weeks, nothing crazy that I can see on my head my but leg hair grows crazy fast! ( sorry TMI )

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I started using biotin for my hair and nails. I had been getting acrylic nails put on for a couple months straight it started to do a number on my natural nails. decided to go salon free and grow them myself. the biotin DEFINITELY made a great change in my nails. They were stronger, longer and looked as good as the pink and whites that i had been getting for months.
It also made my hair grow faster and longer. HOWEVER I had a ridiculous brain fart and realized that it was making all the other hair on my body grow twice as fast as well. Never been through so much shaving cream in my life! My leg hair was growing like crazy, I was shaving like 3 times a week and it started to dry out my skin, my armpit hair as well (sorry if thats TMI) and I was having to pluck my eyebrows constantly as well. Keep in mind that it's not just gonna make your hair on your head grow. If you hate shaving your legs all the time, you might want to look into other options.
I also think that after a while of using it it started to break me out a little bit. Nothing crazy, nothing that couldn't be cleared up in a few days to a week but it was irritating.
I would use biotin again for sure but I can't use it long term. I envy people that can take it every day because I just can't. But all in all, it does what it's supposed to do and that's what matters.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used biotin for a year. A year before realizing it could be breaking me out. Not that I have the most easy to deal with skin, but I stopped taking this after hearing it could be a problem, and then my skin got better. Or at least I should say it makes small issues bigger, more inflamed. I tried again later, thinking maybe it was something else, but I broke out yet again. I have since stopped. Yea, it helped my hair loss, and it feels pretty thick and nice (the new hair, it can't 'fix' what's already grown) but it's not worth it. So that's a no from me. Not to mention it takes a while to see any effect, and even then, remember it's just the new growth, so don't expect a miracle even if you don't break out. My electrolysis tech also said it makes hair grow everywhere, which isn't really fun.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been reading some reviews about people breaking out with this but for me it was the opposite. My oily acne prone skin cleared up so nicely that my skin looks airbrushed. I bought these for my hair when I thought I had noticed was getting thinner...it wasn't but I bought them took em and wow!!! My hair and nails grow pretty fast on their own but my skin I just couldn't believe I love it!!! It just works different for everyone. I have noticed some improvement on my hair and skin so I'm definitely going to buy again and recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by sdyaya619

This really worked for my hair & nails. Helped my dyed dull hair get thicker and my nails got stronger. BUT, (Here comes the bad side) IT BROKE ME OUT HORRIBLY. I have always had acne prone and oily skin but after months of working to get it clear, this made it worse in a matter of a few weeks. I could not figure out what was making me break out since i had not changed my make-up, working out or eating habits. One day it clicked in my head that Biotion may be the reason why. Did a lil research and realized a lot of people had this reaction. I stopped using it, and now a week later my face is a lot clearer. So just gotta say it works good for some people, but if you or acne prone then beware.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I began taking this about a year ago and have noticed significant improvement in my hair and nails. My hair is growing alot faster and is in better shape. I color my hair every 4 weeks and always experienced dullness. My nails were becoming very brittle and would not grow much. Now I have to cut them they get too long too fast (not a bad problem!). My nails are much thicker and don't break. I have had numerous people comment on them thinking they were fake or gel lol. I totally recommend taking biotin.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by AshO57

The only good thing about this product is that it's cheap. I wish I had looked harder at the side effects, other than just supposedly good for hair, skin and nails. I started this 3 weeks ago to grow out my damaged hair quicker after ruining it from going my natural dark brunette to blonde. I saw no difference in hair growth. Nail growth maybe a little, I can't comment on strength of nails because I have acrylics. But the worst side effect was ACNE. Oh I was horrified when I finally realized what had been making me break out so bad ever since I started it. I don't have acne problems, maybe one zit around my period and that's it. But this was full blown cystic acne. I hadn't even been going out in public unless absolutely necessary. There's all kinds of theories about why that is and how to prevent it, like it takes awhile for your body to get used to. Or you start with a low dose and work your way up. Or you have to drink a lot of water and take a B complex vitamin to counteract it. I don't really care what the reason is, I can't deal with the zits and oily face it gives. I quit taking it immediately upon reading reviews, chugged water to flush it out, and 3 days later it's almost all cleared. Biotin was no doubt the problem. Take it at your own risk!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by emily0212

I'm taking a hair/skin/nail vitamin (Nature's Bounty) along with extra biotin. My hairdresser says you can go up to 10,000 and everything I read says that it won't hurt, you pee out the excess. It's only been a month and my nails are much stronger, though still thin. I am shedding much less hair in the shower and when brushing! I swear when I wake up in the morning, my skin looks better, less dark circles and lines, but I could be crazy. Definitely going to keep taking this and will update again...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by POPOK1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because I had very weak nails that were basically impossible to grow out because of constant chipping. I bought Natures Bounty 5000 mcg and I am very happy with the results. First of all They were about 8 dollars a bottle more or less and they were buy one get one free so I bought 2 bottles of course. Allot of people say they quit using it as soon as they saw there acne getting worse, I had this result as well but it only lasted for a couple weeks and it was pretty mild so I probably would have continued to use the product even if it persisted. Anyway I have been using this for about 3 months and my nails have become so strong I can hardly bend them. I haven't broken a nail in over a month and they have grown pretty long. I think its also been making my hair grow a bit faster. Overall I love it and will continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 4:02:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Unless otherwise told by your physician, This should be a staple in your beauty regimen.
I started taking this when I noticed my hair was falling out more than usual and after I had bleached my hair and it was breaking off. I had to get it cut much shorter than I wanted due to this and wanted it to grow desperately. I use the Nature's Bounty one with 5,000 mg and have been using it everyday for about 2 years now. My hair has definetly grown and It feels stronger. Using this in conjunction with Mane 'n' Tail shampoo & conditioner and argan oil has really impacted hair growth and overall health. Now if your expecting to get cousin it hair by the end of the month by popping one of these a day then you're going to be painfully disappointed... as with all products you gotta give it a little time but from what i've come to see these vitamins are worth it. And the best part is its got more than just the benefit of improving your hair its good for your skin, nails and metabolism to!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No