November 27, 2014 | 1445 users online

Treatments - Biotin (All brands)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by sarahkins17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this daily for about a month and realized it was the reason why my face was BREAKING OUT like crazy. I stopped using it and my skin went back to normal. I didn't see an improvement in my skin or hair. I will not be using biotin again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

I started using Biotin just about a few months ago. I have noticed a difference in my hair length. After getting my hair clipped, I took biotin everyday, and it's almost back to it's original length since before I cut it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

It is hard to gauge if a supplement makes a big difference but there are so many things that biotin supposively does and it is cheap enough that you should stick to it to see how it works for you.

It does enhance hair and skin so give it a try for two months, it isn't expensive. If you are happy as I am, put it in your daily regimen

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a HUGE proponent in vitamin use. I take a multi every day, vitamin c, vitamin b complex, COQ10, fish oil, and biotin.

I think biotin gives your skin that extra healthy shine that we are all looking for. I feel like it has even improved my blemished slightly as well. Try it out and see if it works for you. I have a few girlfriends that swear it doesn't work for them but to each her own, I believe it is healthy and promotes healthy skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by nadeen4ever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

After 2 months of using biotin NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN MY DIET AND MY SKINCARE ROUTINE BUT STARTING USING BIOTIN AND my face broke out badly , i put on extra weight extra 5 kg to be specific ...NEVER AGAIN

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Rach3llynn3

I've been reading reviews on here, and everyone is saying it's breaking them out. I looked stuff up before I bought it and it said its a water based pill, which means that it uses water to break down. If you don't get enough water it will break you out. I even tried it out, it's true! But yes I feel like it's working I take about 3-5000 mcg a night with about 36-48 oz of water a day. I've only been using it for about 3 weeks, nothing crazy that I can see on my head my but leg hair grows crazy fast! ( sorry TMI )

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I started using biotin for my hair and nails. I had been getting acrylic nails put on for a couple months straight it started to do a number on my natural nails. decided to go salon free and grow them myself. the biotin DEFINITELY made a great change in my nails. They were stronger, longer and looked as good as the pink and whites that i had been getting for months.
It also made my hair grow faster and longer. HOWEVER I had a ridiculous brain fart and realized that it was making all the other hair on my body grow twice as fast as well. Never been through so much shaving cream in my life! My leg hair was growing like crazy, I was shaving like 3 times a week and it started to dry out my skin, my armpit hair as well (sorry if thats TMI) and I was having to pluck my eyebrows constantly as well. Keep in mind that it's not just gonna make your hair on your head grow. If you hate shaving your legs all the time, you might want to look into other options.
I also think that after a while of using it it started to break me out a little bit. Nothing crazy, nothing that couldn't be cleared up in a few days to a week but it was irritating.
I would use biotin again for sure but I can't use it long term. I envy people that can take it every day because I just can't. But all in all, it does what it's supposed to do and that's what matters.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used biotin for a year. A year before realizing it could be breaking me out. Not that I have the most easy to deal with skin, but I stopped taking this after hearing it could be a problem, and then my skin got better. Or at least I should say it makes small issues bigger, more inflamed. I tried again later, thinking maybe it was something else, but I broke out yet again. I have since stopped. Yea, it helped my hair loss, and it feels pretty thick and nice (the new hair, it can't 'fix' what's already grown) but it's not worth it. So that's a no from me. Not to mention it takes a while to see any effect, and even then, remember it's just the new growth, so don't expect a miracle even if you don't break out. My electrolysis tech also said it makes hair grow everywhere, which isn't really fun.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been reading some reviews about people breaking out with this but for me it was the opposite. My oily acne prone skin cleared up so nicely that my skin looks airbrushed. I bought these for my hair when I thought I had noticed was getting thinner...it wasn't but I bought them took em and wow!!! My hair and nails grow pretty fast on their own but my skin I just couldn't believe I love it!!! It just works different for everyone. I have noticed some improvement on my hair and skin so I'm definitely going to buy again and recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by sdyaya619

This really worked for my hair & nails. Helped my dyed dull hair get thicker and my nails got stronger. BUT, (Here comes the bad side) IT BROKE ME OUT HORRIBLY. I have always had acne prone and oily skin but after months of working to get it clear, this made it worse in a matter of a few weeks. I could not figure out what was making me break out since i had not changed my make-up, working out or eating habits. One day it clicked in my head that Biotion may be the reason why. Did a lil research and realized a lot of people had this reaction. I stopped using it, and now a week later my face is a lot clearer. So just gotta say it works good for some people, but if you or acne prone then beware.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No