December 23, 2014 | 1487 users online

Concealers - Cle de Peau - Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by fabtwinsmom

I've read so many rave reviews and just got to try it. I normally use Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Sand with occasional BB Corrector in Light Bisque underneath. I'm fair with yellow undertone and when I wear foundation I use Armani Luminous Silk Foundation #5. I tested the CdP concealer at the counter and thought I could use either Ivory or Beige. The BA suggested Ivory for my yellow undertone (Beige is light but has pink undertone) and she said it would illuminate. I normally use concealer for some undereye circle (not severe but I have hollow eyes so my undereye areas sometimes look darkish) and for sun spots on my cheekbone. One sun spot in particular under my right eye is quite large, about a pencil eraser size. It has been annoying me to no end for over 5 years. It's medium in color but gets darker in the summer or when I go south despite my wearing daily SPF 50+. I noticed that lately my Bobbi Brown concealer doesn't seem to cover it at all. I can see through it despite applying layers of concealer (and spending way too much time). And then when I put on my powder blush after the loose face powder, the area darkens again. The CdP concealer is great for my dark circle. I don't have to apply several layers like BB. However, it doesn't cover the dark sun spot but it's okay for the light ones (not completely but cover enough that they're not noticeable). My dark sun spot still shows through despite layering (same effectiveness as BB).

The texture is dryer with powdery finish. Make sure you're well moisturized before applying or it doesn't glide on as well as it should. I use MAC Touch Up brush to apply the concealer then very lightly pat it down with my finger tip. I think the Beige color may work better for my sun spots. I noticed that the BB corrector in Light Bisque has pinkish tone but it cuts down the browness of the sun spots and helps the yellow tone concealer to work better. But then again, I'm back to using 2 products--CdP Ivory for undereye circles and Beige or BB Bisque + Ivory for sun spots. I was hoping to cut down to one HG concealer but I guess that's not going to work. I'm not sure if I'll repurchase again.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by ShyGSTGurl

Worth the price? In my opinion for $70 USD...no =( I am NC20 and have have this in the shade Beige. I use this to conceal under eye circles and blemishes.I apply with both a brush and pat in with fingers. The amount of product you get is decent and can probably last 1-1.5 years.

This concealer doesn't last throughout the day and begins looking cakey about 1-2 hours in. Setting with a powder foundation is a no-no with this product because it will look patchy/cakey.It conceals okay but the patchiness/cake-iness isn't worth it. Can look drying. Furthermore mascara tends to transfer onto the concealed area under the eye a bit.

Advice: Does not work with liquid/powder foundations. Best used with cream foundations.

1 Lippie Off - Cake Central
1 Lippie Off - Price
1 Lippie Off - Can't use with all types of foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by mieka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased and then gave away 2 tubes of this stuff because I just could not get it to work for me (Ivory). Then, I went to a counter at Saks and was matched to a different shade (Beige). Voila - perfection. For this price, don't trust the pictures online or your own estimate of what shade you should select, get matched in person - it made all the difference for me. That said, using a Trish large laydown brush and patting with my finger, this stuff completely erases all discoloration under my eye and brightens at the same time. Very minimal creasing and that goes away after I pat it out a little more.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by spring09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am MAC NC 40, Dior nude 031, LM moisture supreme suntan beige, Too faced warm honey.

I bought two different shades: Ocre and honey. My recommendation would be is to buy honey (and not ocre). Please do so at your own risk though. If you have a counter near you, then go to the counter. I had to order it online.

I have very very dry skin and I still make it work. The beauty of this concealer is that you have to use very very little due to the dense pigmentation hence it does not crease much. Every concealer (no matter how cheap or expensive) will crease some.

I put eye cream followed by Giorgio Armani master corrector in "2" then followed by this concealer. Then I powder it.

Hope this helps some.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by dlasky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this as a splurge and have regretted it. I like the consistency, and it is blendable. It has little staying power. I have tried it on top of powder, under powder, etc. It seems to slide right off as soon as I turn away from the mirror. This is my biggest beef with this product. I also wonder why it won't stay on my blemishes but it embraces the wrinkles under my eyes with glee! Try something else, and let me know what you find. This isn't it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by YellowLantern

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Before trying this and looking for it online (and having a mini heart attack after seeing the price) I had no idea this product had so much hype surrounding it, I stopped reading magazines when several years ago I saw one talking up how ~*Amazing*~ Maybelline Great Lash supposedly is (LOL!). I was given a sample of this as a gift with purchase and never touched it for months. To be honest I had sort of reached a state of zen regarding my under eye circles. I've had under eye circles since I was at least 11 years old and nothing ever seemed to have enough coverage while looking natural and without creasing so I had given up trying to improve the way they looked. All I usually did was pat some extra foundation on the area and call it good.

One morning I pulled it out and decided to try it out on my epically dark under eyes (I only had about 3 hours of sleep that night on top of the fact that genetically I always have purple-ish under eyes regardless of how much sleep I get). I gently patted this on after applying my sunscreen moisturizer and was shocked at how well it covered up my circles while still looking utterly natural. Now I'm not normally shocked by the efficacy of makeup products (usually exactly the opposite) and I can't even remember the last time a makeup product surprised me with how great it was. I also applied this to a blemish and this worked like a champ at covering that too.

This has a nice creamy consistency that feels like nothing on the skin. Which amazed me since usually concealers feel very heavy to me and sometimes even feel sticky especially when they're a creamy consistency like this one. I was surprised at how little I needed to cover my under eye area. After putting this on I thought "I bet this creases like crazy in a few hours". Well no creasing. Ten hours later my under eyes looked just as fabulous as they did when applied.

Bottom line: If you can afford this and need serious coverage that still looks like real skin and not makeup give this one a try. It delivers.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by lejamsterdam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know why this product has been raved about. It's absolutely not the best concealer out there for me, I've used ones that were a lot better en definitely a lot cheaper than the Cle de Peau concealer.

I have tried lots of concealers to hide my dark circles and as the Cle de Peau was recommended by multiple magazines I decided to give it a go. And i absolutely didn't like it.

This concealer tends to look cakey, even when applying a moisturizing cream before the concealer. It does no better job at hiding my dark circles than other concealers: I even think it makes them look worse. Definitely not buying this product again as this is a waste of my money.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff creases faster than the rolls on a fat baby's arms. I wonder if all the people declaring this a holy grail have actually tried your average drugstore stick concealer before, or if they're comparing this to some liquid concealer. Not a fair comparison. This stuff is no different from any other stick concealer.

I was using Amazing Cosmetics concealer (in Light Golden), which is the best full coverage concealer thus far. Problem is, it's too creamy and oily which leaves a wet shine look where ever I put it. So after reading rave reviews, I went out on a leap of faith and purchased this ridiculously expensive Cle de Peau Concealer in Beige (I am NW20-25).

Color was great and seems to be a universal beige that will cater to NW/NC20-30. It's easier to blend than Amazing Cosmetics, since it's thinner. As for everything else, I'm not impressed at all.

The coverage was medium upon one application. I have dark, dark under eye circles that make me look like a mafia hit man. It took me a good 2 or 3 swipes to cover them and the dark acne scars. It's definitely drier than Amazing Cosmetics, which I like for my oily skin. But that also made it crease a lot. Within a few hours, it had either disappeared under my eyes or sunk into my ever so pleasant creases under the eye. I either had to do some hard core smudgining with my forefinger every hour or reapply it.

Why is this stuff so highly rated? It's junk. I was trying to convince myself it's wonderful since I paid so much, but it's really not. For $70, this should have covered, lasted, and stayed the hell out my cracks (on the face, that is). It didn't do any of that.

12 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by yara1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was sure its the "best concealer on the market", but now I regret spending 70$ for it.

Its too dry and emphasises these tiny wrinkles under the eyes A LOT.

Another minus - the palest shade "Porcelain" is not pale enough and has slightly visible orange undertone.

I like Make Up For Ever "HD Concealer" much more - onece applied - it looks as smooth as it can get... the skin under the eyes gets less "visible", while Cle de Peau concealer drugs attention to this area.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 9:10:00 AM More reviews by halve_moon

I was very skeptic about this concealer at first because it is in a cream stick form and I've been using liquid concealer all my life for my dark circles. But my aunt kept raving about it and so I gave in and bought one. Apparently, in order for this concealer to work, is to apply it the right way, which is apply lightly and blend... adding a little more and blend again if needed.... Don't start by applying with too much product because it will get cakey. The result is very natural and it's simply is the best concealer I've ever used. It doesn't settle into fine lines. Do wear eyecream before applying any kind of concealer... that way, the eyes won't get dry.