November 20, 2014 | 1763 users online

Concealers - Cle de Peau - Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by ShyGSTGurl

Worth the price? In my opinion for $70 USD...no =( I am NC20 and have have this in the shade Beige. I use this to conceal under eye circles and blemishes.I apply with both a brush and pat in with fingers. The amount of product you get is decent and can probably last 1-1.5 years.

This concealer doesn't last throughout the day and begins looking cakey about 1-2 hours in. Setting with a powder foundation is a no-no with this product because it will look patchy/cakey.It conceals okay but the patchiness/cake-iness isn't worth it. Can look drying. Furthermore mascara tends to transfer onto the concealed area under the eye a bit.

Advice: Does not work with liquid/powder foundations. Best used with cream foundations.

1 Lippie Off - Cake Central
1 Lippie Off - Price
1 Lippie Off - Can't use with all types of foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by mieka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased and then gave away 2 tubes of this stuff because I just could not get it to work for me (Ivory). Then, I went to a counter at Saks and was matched to a different shade (Beige). Voila - perfection. For this price, don't trust the pictures online or your own estimate of what shade you should select, get matched in person - it made all the difference for me. That said, using a Trish large laydown brush and patting with my finger, this stuff completely erases all discoloration under my eye and brightens at the same time. Very minimal creasing and that goes away after I pat it out a little more.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by spring09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am MAC NC 40, Dior nude 031, LM moisture supreme suntan beige, Too faced warm honey.

I bought two different shades: Ocre and honey. My recommendation would be is to buy honey (and not ocre). Please do so at your own risk though. If you have a counter near you, then go to the counter. I had to order it online.

I have very very dry skin and I still make it work. The beauty of this concealer is that you have to use very very little due to the dense pigmentation hence it does not crease much. Every concealer (no matter how cheap or expensive) will crease some.

I put eye cream followed by Giorgio Armani master corrector in "2" then followed by this concealer. Then I powder it.

Hope this helps some.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by dlasky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this as a splurge and have regretted it. I like the consistency, and it is blendable. It has little staying power. I have tried it on top of powder, under powder, etc. It seems to slide right off as soon as I turn away from the mirror. This is my biggest beef with this product. I also wonder why it won't stay on my blemishes but it embraces the wrinkles under my eyes with glee! Try something else, and let me know what you find. This isn't it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by YellowLantern

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Before trying this and looking for it online (and having a mini heart attack after seeing the price) I had no idea this product had so much hype surrounding it, I stopped reading magazines when several years ago I saw one talking up how ~*Amazing*~ Maybelline Great Lash supposedly is (LOL!). I was given a sample of this as a gift with purchase and never touched it for months. To be honest I had sort of reached a state of zen regarding my under eye circles. I've had under eye circles since I was at least 11 years old and nothing ever seemed to have enough coverage while looking natural and without creasing so I had given up trying to improve the way they looked. All I usually did was pat some extra foundation on the area and call it good.

One morning I pulled it out and decided to try it out on my epically dark under eyes (I only had about 3 hours of sleep that night on top of the fact that genetically I always have purple-ish under eyes regardless of how much sleep I get). I gently patted this on after applying my sunscreen moisturizer and was shocked at how well it covered up my circles while still looking utterly natural. Now I'm not normally shocked by the efficacy of makeup products (usually exactly the opposite) and I can't even remember the last time a makeup product surprised me with how great it was. I also applied this to a blemish and this worked like a champ at covering that too.

This has a nice creamy consistency that feels like nothing on the skin. Which amazed me since usually concealers feel very heavy to me and sometimes even feel sticky especially when they're a creamy consistency like this one. I was surprised at how little I needed to cover my under eye area. After putting this on I thought "I bet this creases like crazy in a few hours". Well no creasing. Ten hours later my under eyes looked just as fabulous as they did when applied.

Bottom line: If you can afford this and need serious coverage that still looks like real skin and not makeup give this one a try. It delivers.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by lejamsterdam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know why this product has been raved about. It's absolutely not the best concealer out there for me, I've used ones that were a lot better en definitely a lot cheaper than the Cle de Peau concealer.

I have tried lots of concealers to hide my dark circles and as the Cle de Peau was recommended by multiple magazines I decided to give it a go. And i absolutely didn't like it.

This concealer tends to look cakey, even when applying a moisturizing cream before the concealer. It does no better job at hiding my dark circles than other concealers: I even think it makes them look worse. Definitely not buying this product again as this is a waste of my money.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff creases faster than the rolls on a fat baby's arms. I wonder if all the people declaring this a holy grail have actually tried your average drugstore stick concealer before, or if they're comparing this to some liquid concealer. Not a fair comparison. This stuff is no different from any other stick concealer.

I was using Amazing Cosmetics concealer (in Light Golden), which is the best full coverage concealer thus far. Problem is, it's too creamy and oily which leaves a wet shine look where ever I put it. So after reading rave reviews, I went out on a leap of faith and purchased this ridiculously expensive Cle de Peau Concealer in Beige (I am NW20-25).

Color was great and seems to be a universal beige that will cater to NW/NC20-30. It's easier to blend than Amazing Cosmetics, since it's thinner. As for everything else, I'm not impressed at all.

The coverage was medium upon one application. I have dark, dark under eye circles that make me look like a mafia hit man. It took me a good 2 or 3 swipes to cover them and the dark acne scars. It's definitely drier than Amazing Cosmetics, which I like for my oily skin. But that also made it crease a lot. Within a few hours, it had either disappeared under my eyes or sunk into my ever so pleasant creases under the eye. I either had to do some hard core smudgining with my forefinger every hour or reapply it.

Why is this stuff so highly rated? It's junk. I was trying to convince myself it's wonderful since I paid so much, but it's really not. For $70, this should have covered, lasted, and stayed the hell out my cracks (on the face, that is). It didn't do any of that.

12 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by yara1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was sure its the "best concealer on the market", but now I regret spending 70$ for it.

Its too dry and emphasises these tiny wrinkles under the eyes A LOT.

Another minus - the palest shade "Porcelain" is not pale enough and has slightly visible orange undertone.

I like Make Up For Ever "HD Concealer" much more - onece applied - it looks as smooth as it can get... the skin under the eyes gets less "visible", while Cle de Peau concealer drugs attention to this area.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 9:10:00 AM More reviews by halve_moon

I was very skeptic about this concealer at first because it is in a cream stick form and I've been using liquid concealer all my life for my dark circles. But my aunt kept raving about it and so I gave in and bought one. Apparently, in order for this concealer to work, is to apply it the right way, which is apply lightly and blend... adding a little more and blend again if needed.... Don't start by applying with too much product because it will get cakey. The result is very natural and it's simply is the best concealer I've ever used. It doesn't settle into fine lines. Do wear eyecream before applying any kind of concealer... that way, the eyes won't get dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2011 5:28:00 AM More reviews by claraflo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I held off on writing this review in part because I didnt want to be dishonest. Did I like the concealer just because its $80 out of my pocket and not liking it would be a waste? Or did I like because it truly is an exceptional product. Let me preface this review by stating my utter hate for concealers in general. The creamy ones slide off your face or dont cover and the ones that cover have all the blending ability and consistency of window putty. Once you apply the rest of your makeup your concealer is gone or it just draws more attention to your imperfections. ugh! I never understood anyones love for concealers.

Cle De Peau's concealer is basically wax, silicones, iron oxides and kaolin. Theres no natural oil in this concealer to mess with its performance yet kaolin clay on your skin has the potential to be drying. Its packaged like a lipstick, in a nice metal tube, thats unoriginal but a lot more convenient than a pot. Its solid not creamy but easily swipes with little effort and a concealer brush. Applying it is a simple matter of dabbing the brush in the relevant places. Its blends extremely easily as it has a silken feel on the skin. Although I'm one of the lucky ones that has a perfect colour match with Ivory so blending isnt high on my list of priorities. I tend to just place it and leave it.

Colour - I'm not truly pale. I'm usually the 2 nd lightest shade in most foundation ranges. If you are really pale this concealer will be too dark for you. Its in the colour range that you really know this makeup line is made mainly for Asian skin. All the colours are yellow based and they come in the limit of North Asian skin tone ranges. Fine if you are yellow based fair to medium skin. Sucks if you are not.

Texture - the stick itself feels solid but the on-skin feel is truly very silken. Its easy to apply, spreads without sliding off and blending with a brush is a breeze. Its also very highly pigmented so that you will use practically nothing each time. The stick is miniscule but I think mine will still last 12 months of daily use.

Wear - I have no trouble getting this to stay put for a good 12hrs. Ive worn it both over and under my foundation and the wear is the same either way. So saying that I dont live in a really humid country, it might be different if you do. It doesnt cover 100% of skin pigmentation for example but it provides very good coverage at about 90% with a light coat. It does cover 100% of my dark circles though. I have no problems with caking or settling into fine lines under my eyes at all. I also use it as an eyeshadow base and it works really well for that too.

Overall I am happy with my purchase because it proides very good coverage of the things I need to cover. Its easy to apply and it lasts the whole day. Finding all of that for a mere $80 seems like a bargain agaimst the backdrop of numerous $30 purchases which were utter failure. I've found no dupe for this product so far. If you are considering this product find a store with a tester to make sure you get a colour match and like the texture. I bought it sight unseen but it was with a very unsteady hand and a load of desperation that I clicked Pay Now.

25 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No