July 24, 2014 | 1883 users online

Concealers - Cle de Peau - Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by YellowLantern

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Before trying this and looking for it online (and having a mini heart attack after seeing the price) I had no idea this product had so much hype surrounding it, I stopped reading magazines when several years ago I saw one talking up how ~*Amazing*~ Maybelline Great Lash supposedly is (LOL!). I was given a sample of this as a gift with purchase and never touched it for months. To be honest I had sort of reached a state of zen regarding my under eye circles. I've had under eye circles since I was at least 11 years old and nothing ever seemed to have enough coverage while looking natural and without creasing so I had given up trying to improve the way they looked. All I usually did was pat some extra foundation on the area and call it good.

One morning I pulled it out and decided to try it out on my epically dark under eyes (I only had about 3 hours of sleep that night on top of the fact that genetically I always have purple-ish under eyes regardless of how much sleep I get). I gently patted this on after applying my sunscreen moisturizer and was shocked at how well it covered up my circles while still looking utterly natural. Now I'm not normally shocked by the efficacy of makeup products (usually exactly the opposite) and I can't even remember the last time a makeup product surprised me with how great it was. I also applied this to a blemish and this worked like a champ at covering that too.

This has a nice creamy consistency that feels like nothing on the skin. Which amazed me since usually concealers feel very heavy to me and sometimes even feel sticky especially when they're a creamy consistency like this one. I was surprised at how little I needed to cover my under eye area. After putting this on I thought "I bet this creases like crazy in a few hours". Well no creasing. Ten hours later my under eyes looked just as fabulous as they did when applied.

Bottom line: If you can afford this and need serious coverage that still looks like real skin and not makeup give this one a try. It delivers.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by lejamsterdam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know why this product has been raved about. It's absolutely not the best concealer out there for me, I've used ones that were a lot better en definitely a lot cheaper than the Cle de Peau concealer.

I have tried lots of concealers to hide my dark circles and as the Cle de Peau was recommended by multiple magazines I decided to give it a go. And i absolutely didn't like it.

This concealer tends to look cakey, even when applying a moisturizing cream before the concealer. It does no better job at hiding my dark circles than other concealers: I even think it makes them look worse. Definitely not buying this product again as this is a waste of my money.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff creases faster than the rolls on a fat baby's arms. I wonder if all the people declaring this a holy grail have actually tried your average drugstore stick concealer before, or if they're comparing this to some liquid concealer. Not a fair comparison. This stuff is no different from any other stick concealer.

I was using Amazing Cosmetics concealer (in Light Golden), which is the best full coverage concealer thus far. Problem is, it's too creamy and oily which leaves a wet shine look where ever I put it. So after reading rave reviews, I went out on a leap of faith and purchased this ridiculously expensive Cle de Peau Concealer in Beige (I am NW20-25).

Color was great and seems to be a universal beige that will cater to NW/NC20-30. It's easier to blend than Amazing Cosmetics, since it's thinner. As for everything else, I'm not impressed at all.

The coverage was medium upon one application. I have dark, dark under eye circles that make me look like a mafia hit man. It took me a good 2 or 3 swipes to cover them and the dark acne scars. It's definitely drier than Amazing Cosmetics, which I like for my oily skin. But that also made it crease a lot. Within a few hours, it had either disappeared under my eyes or sunk into my ever so pleasant creases under the eye. I either had to do some hard core smudgining with my forefinger every hour or reapply it.

Why is this stuff so highly rated? It's junk. I was trying to convince myself it's wonderful since I paid so much, but it's really not. For $70, this should have covered, lasted, and stayed the hell out my cracks (on the face, that is). It didn't do any of that.

12 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by yara1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was sure its the "best concealer on the market", but now I regret spending 70$ for it.

Its too dry and emphasises these tiny wrinkles under the eyes A LOT.

Another minus - the palest shade "Porcelain" is not pale enough and has slightly visible orange undertone.

I like Make Up For Ever "HD Concealer" much more - onece applied - it looks as smooth as it can get... the skin under the eyes gets less "visible", while Cle de Peau concealer drugs attention to this area.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 9:10:00 AM More reviews by halve_moon

I was very skeptic about this concealer at first because it is in a cream stick form and I've been using liquid concealer all my life for my dark circles. But my aunt kept raving about it and so I gave in and bought one. Apparently, in order for this concealer to work, is to apply it the right way, which is apply lightly and blend... adding a little more and blend again if needed.... Don't start by applying with too much product because it will get cakey. The result is very natural and it's simply is the best concealer I've ever used. It doesn't settle into fine lines. Do wear eyecream before applying any kind of concealer... that way, the eyes won't get dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2011 5:28:00 AM More reviews by claraflo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I held off on writing this review in part because I didnt want to be dishonest. Did I like the concealer just because its $80 out of my pocket and not liking it would be a waste? Or did I like because it truly is an exceptional product. Let me preface this review by stating my utter hate for concealers in general. The creamy ones slide off your face or dont cover and the ones that cover have all the blending ability and consistency of window putty. Once you apply the rest of your makeup your concealer is gone or it just draws more attention to your imperfections. ugh! I never understood anyones love for concealers.

Cle De Peau's concealer is basically wax, silicones, iron oxides and kaolin. Theres no natural oil in this concealer to mess with its performance yet kaolin clay on your skin has the potential to be drying. Its packaged like a lipstick, in a nice metal tube, thats unoriginal but a lot more convenient than a pot. Its solid not creamy but easily swipes with little effort and a concealer brush. Applying it is a simple matter of dabbing the brush in the relevant places. Its blends extremely easily as it has a silken feel on the skin. Although I'm one of the lucky ones that has a perfect colour match with Ivory so blending isnt high on my list of priorities. I tend to just place it and leave it.

Colour - I'm not truly pale. I'm usually the 2 nd lightest shade in most foundation ranges. If you are really pale this concealer will be too dark for you. Its in the colour range that you really know this makeup line is made mainly for Asian skin. All the colours are yellow based and they come in the limit of North Asian skin tone ranges. Fine if you are yellow based fair to medium skin. Sucks if you are not.

Texture - the stick itself feels solid but the on-skin feel is truly very silken. Its easy to apply, spreads without sliding off and blending with a brush is a breeze. Its also very highly pigmented so that you will use practically nothing each time. The stick is miniscule but I think mine will still last 12 months of daily use.

Wear - I have no trouble getting this to stay put for a good 12hrs. Ive worn it both over and under my foundation and the wear is the same either way. So saying that I dont live in a really humid country, it might be different if you do. It doesnt cover 100% of skin pigmentation for example but it provides very good coverage at about 90% with a light coat. It does cover 100% of my dark circles though. I have no problems with caking or settling into fine lines under my eyes at all. I also use it as an eyeshadow base and it works really well for that too.

Overall I am happy with my purchase because it proides very good coverage of the things I need to cover. Its easy to apply and it lasts the whole day. Finding all of that for a mere $80 seems like a bargain agaimst the backdrop of numerous $30 purchases which were utter failure. I've found no dupe for this product so far. If you are considering this product find a store with a tester to make sure you get a colour match and like the texture. I bought it sight unseen but it was with a very unsteady hand and a load of desperation that I clicked Pay Now.

25 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by lovelyday

I've been using the concealer for about 3 months and I am mixed about whether or not I love it or not. When I apply the concealer I am thoroughly impressed with the results, however because the concealer is so thick when it's cold it definitely requires some effort to apply so it goes on smoothly. I definitely have to apply a separate eye cream to ensure the eye cream does not dry out my under eye area too much.

By the end of the day I feel like my under eye is drier than when I used my Paul & Joe concealer. The last thing I want is to have my eye area look "old" and cakey.

I think my next concealer to try out will be the La Mer concealer. That one seems a bit more emollient but offers the same brightening abilities.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by ndebace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A product that actually lives up to the infamous hype! I don't think I can truly express how fantastic this concealer is. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! No joking - in a desperate search for good coverage, I think I may have LITERALLY tried them all, and this is, HANDS DOWN, the best concealer on the market. If you need REAL coverage, then this is it. I use Clinique Even Better foundation with a Beauty Blender sponge and then apply this and blend with my fingertips. It covers EVERYTHING - melasma, acne, post-acne hyperpigmentation, sun spots, dark circles...EV.ERY.THING. Plus, it's not drying or irritating at all (I have extremely sensitive skin) and has light-reflecting pigments that just blur everything out. One note - you MUST have a light hand with this. Even if you have some big problem to cover, start with the smallest amount possible and blend, blend, blend. You need WAY less of this than you think you do. Using more will only result in it caking and cracking and wasting product. Used properly, this product wears like iron all day and lasts forever; even using it all over my face everyday like I do, I buy about 2 tubes a year. So, while the initial expense is more - you actually get a really good bang for your buck with this concealer. SOOOOO worth the money!! I also love that it comes in a fully-retractable tube and not a cream pot - makes application so much easier and makes it very portable in case you do need an occasional touch up. Love this as an eyeshadow base as well - never creases. HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by msabbagh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This does cover well BUT it's very creamy, does wear off and is way too expensive @ $70, especially compared to other products that do a better job like Bobbi Brown corrector along with BB creamy concealer over it- That combination has been the best coverage overall that I've had. I use MAC studio finish concealer for every day though which takes A LOT less time to apply, cheaper, plus it doesn't melt.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 2:29:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely loved this concealer at first, but now I hate it! It fades after a few hours and creases like crazy! Yes, one tube does last me about a whole year, but I'd rather not spend money on something that is mediocre.