April 20, 2014 | 1499 users online

Eye Primer - Bare Escentuals - bareVitamins Prime Time Eyelid Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2009 9:04:00 AM More reviews by iamjess03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would buy this again if I had to... as a last resort. It works fine but Urban Decays eye primer works better in my opinion. It is a bit thick and does not spread as easy but like I said, it does the job of not creasing your eye makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 9:23:00 AM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

Pretty decent shadow primer...keeps my shadow creaseless looking great for hours! Not sure if it does it for quite as long as UDPP but it's great for every day, keeps my shadow on while I'm at work, and you don't have to use a ton of it. Will have it in my collection always, along with UDPP!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2009 2:08:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

This is a good product. I like it better than UDPP because it doesn't dry my lids out and recently UDPP has been creasing on me and changing the texture of my e/s, making them very hard to blend. I use NARS, UD and Dior mostly so that is saying something :p This keeps them smooth and pigmented and I only get very slight creasing by the end of the day and almost no fading. I still want to try TFSI but this is a nice primer and I would repurchase. I am not crazy about the pen but it's definately better than UD's crappy packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by lovemakeup2

This product is HG for me. I find that this works just as well as Urban Decay's Primer Potion in terms of keeping the shadow staying on the lid and not creasing. But, I also find this better than UD's product because the primer potion would dry out my lid to the point where my skin would start to flake. This does not dry out my lid at all.

The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging - so I gave it 4 stars rather than 5. There is no way to tell that you're running out until you run out. At least with the UD you could tell when you were pulling out less product on the brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2009 2:08:00 PM More reviews by jamie11210

BEST eyeshadow primer ever!!! It is a perfect base color for your lids too. My shadow once lasted 15 hours and still looked great!! HG for sure!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Court817

This is my one MUST HAVE in my make-up routine. After trying just about everything to get long wear out of my shadow and liner, I came across this and it practically glows like an angel everytime I use it. Unlike some others, I love the applicator and find that it lasts a long time. If I could marry it I would.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by cesparza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I must have some oily eyelids because every other eye primer I've tried creased and I have tried them all. This is the only primer I've found that doesn't crease at all... even after an intense workout. LOVE IT.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by dbethch

I'll admit I thought I'd found my HG primer for both eyes and lips when I started using it. I'd still be saying that if it hadn't run out in about a month! What gives?? I paid $18 and used it carefully. The overflow is also a problem as others have noted but I always tried to gather that up too and use it. Disappointed in the value.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by lilebq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

L-O-V-E! After 12 hours on the oilest of eyelids and undereyes, in sweltering 102 degree heat, my eyeliner, shadow and mascara are still in place. I no longer have to worry about finding the "perfect long-wear" eyeliner because I use the Prime Time for eyes.

The packaging is a twist-up pen with a felt applicator, but I do not recommend using the applicator. Twist up a small dot and spread gently on eyelids and just underneath the eyes. As long as you use a tiny amount, it won't clump or give you a reverse-raccoon effect.

Of course, I don't put it on my lashes, but I find that my mascara doesn't smudge against my oily skin when I use an eyelid primer like this. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2009 12:34:00 PM More reviews by asapinski

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using the bare minerals line for yrs now, everything from foundations, make prep items, blush ,concealers, eye shadows and lip glosses and this line has never disappointed me. I am still on my first tube of this stuff and it works pretty well, I donít know why one reviewer said it was clumpy or hard to dispense, I didnít notice either of those issues with mine. It also could have creased because she used too much. The women at the bare minerals boutique gave me a tip and said apply it with your ring finger not the applicator. I use this when ever I wear eye shadow especially when I go out to a bar or club and my shadow and eyeliner last all thru the night of dancing and working up a good sweat. I can go to sleep with my make up still on and wake up and my eye shadow is still on! Some of my eye shadows have lasted almost 3 days with this stuff (when I was too lazy the morning after to wash off my make up or if I was just going to be around the house and not going anywhere.) Its reasonably priced I pick it up at sephora and the bare minerals boutique in my local mall for $21 (US)