Nivea Refreshing Gel Cleanser

3.8

Not sure why anyone would put this crap on their face considering it contains sodium laureth sulfate (which is a detergent) as the third ingredient. Not only is it highly irritating and good at blocking pores, you may as well just wash your face with shampoo.

The only good thing about this product is it contains lots of glycerin for moisture.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Okay cleanser. Only a small amount needed. It is too easy to accidently dispense too much product, resulting in waste. The gel feels slimy if more than a little is used. Edit: lowered my rating on this as it breaks me out.
Will toss this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This has a great refreshing smell and nice gell texure, but i found it dried my skin out.

For a long time I was using Cetaphil to wash my oily yet sometimes dry (due to Retin A) face. I was never satisfied with the Cetaphil because I felt it didn't do a great job of cleansing and was a bit drying. I remembered using this Nivea cleanser years ago and made the switch. After about a week I noticed my skin was not dry. Could be a coincidence but I doubt it because it's been a month now and my skin has not gone back to feeling dry. I think it's a more effective cleanser than Cetaphil and it even leaves my face feeling softer.

I have only used this once so far but i'm liking it! I bought this b/c my current cleanser was totally drying my skin out and i needed something gentle PLUS i had a $2 off coupon for it so i thought.. what the heck! This a soap and alcohol free cleanser gel! The textures does take some getting used to since it doesn't FOAM up (soap free). All in all i really like this!! and will update if anything changes =) Very cool and refreshing as the name claims! Thumbs UP!

I like this cleanser very much,it cleanse my skin without drying it.It leaves my skin feeling really soft,smooth and not irritated :).it is really the cleanser for combination skin(like mine).The texture is very nice and soft on the skin like silk,and i enjoy using it.It dosen't lather,maybe a little,but that dosen't bothr me since i like the texture very much(i haven't used any cleanser that feels this way when you are using it),and lather has nothing to do with cleansing.The smell is soft and lovely(smells like nivea products)and i don't know how can anyone be bothered by this soft,faint smell. It is a big tube,a little amount goes a long way,and it is washed easily.The price is very affordable.So if you have a combination skin you must give it a try,it maybe the one for you!!

GOOD CLEANSER.

I used the blue Refreshing Gel Cleanser years ago and while I liked it, I preferred gentler, fragrance-free cleansers like Purpose Moisturizing Foaming Cleanser. I discovered the fragrance and colour-free version of the Nivea cleanser in the men's skincare section recently (Nivea for Men, Sensitive Skin Cleanser) and I'm happy to say it's as good a substitute as I've found for the dear departed MFC. Gel-like, foams up a bit but not too much, washes off most makeup, though waterproof mascara is a bit of a problem, and leaves the skin soft, smooth and not irritated. It actually reminded me of the Paula's Choice normal to oily skin cleanser, with more lather. I have combination skin that gets tight and slightly flaky in cold weather.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

My favorite cleanser. Feels nice, cleans well and doesnt dry out my skin. It didnt help my acne, but it didnt cause any. It has a nice faint smell. This is a winner in my book ♥

Not overly fussed on this product as it does not make me feel really clean after use. I have to say one thing though, it is one of few products that does not make me break out or give adverse reactions. The price is good - very affordable.