Cover Girl Cheekers in Classic Pink

4.1

on 2/15/2010 4:35:00 PM

I have had this product for a long time. I have hardly ever used it. The color does not look right on my fair-medium skin tone. DO NOT USE IF YOU HAVE ACME. I have acme, new years goal is to try to clear my face, and this product makes my face look even more red and swollen pimples worse. The pigmentation is ok for such a cheap product. The price is very cheap, but so is the product quality. I might try this product in a different color, but I would first want to buy my first mac blush. The brush it comes with sucks! The shape of the pan it is in is really awkward. If wish it were round like macs or square like nars. So overall the product is a little worse than okay. Hope I helped!
~birkybirk

on 2/11/2010 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Why did it take me so long to try this? It's PERFECT for me! I own several high-end pink blushes, but this shade blows every single one of them out the water. I can apply it on my bare skin and it lights up my whole face. No other makeup item needed, not even concealer! NC30, Bobbi Brown Warm Sand 2.5. Great find!

on 2/4/2010 11:35:00 PM

There is not really a lot of pigment to this blush, have to put on a lot of it to get some color but then I find that it fades quickly... Someone earlier mentioned the smell of it, that's the first thing I noticed when I opened the packaging. It's not a horrible smell but kind of just annoying. The color is great but again, need to layer it on, maybe it's just not for me.

on 2/4/2010 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I LUV LUV LUV LUV...did I say LUV??? this color! It's my HG blush color, over any other brand I have ever tried: Lancome, Chanel, YSL, BE, etc!! Whether you're a brunette or a blonde, have fair skin or olive or tanned, this color is FAB (I don't think this is a redhead's shade however)!

The color in the pan is a matte (gives a sheen, but NO shimmer) bright neutral/ slightly cool toned flower pink. It's a very happy, cheerful, "girly" flirty color. If Classic Pink were a girl, she'd be a Varsity Cheerleader, for sure! LOL

On my skin, Classic Pink is a sheer POP of pink spring flowers flush! I LUVVVVV this!! It brightens my sallow light olive untanned skin and makes me look so fresh and healthy yet super super girly. When my olive skin is faux tanned ... OMG...it's just gorgeous! It gives my face that "I just came in from my jog" type flush to my cheeks. If I'm ever under the weather or grumpy, haha, I run and GRAB Classic Pink. lol You just can't feel "sick" or upset when you wear this! It's an instant pick-me-up. :)

You can apply this color very lightly for a sheer pink flush, or you can build the color up (if you have darker or tanned skin).

As for the brush this blush comes with. Seriously?? Does anyone use the cheapo brushes that come with drugstore blushes? ANYBODY? So I think it's not fair to take points off for the brush, as some reviewers have done. Use a high quality blush brush to apply this blush, just as you would any higher priced brand.

CG Cheekers "Classic Pink" is my all-time favorite blush, with BE "Flowers" blush trailing as my 2nd fave (Flowers is a warmer toned bright coral-pink). Both are just stunning, and look amazing layered over one another when I have a good faux tan (Flowers applied sheerly all over my face -- very very sheerly, first; then Classic Pink layered sheerly over my cheeks and forehead).

FYI: I have combo oily/normal skin which is very sensitive to makeup, yet I have NEVER had any breakouts from this CG Cheekers Classic Pink blush.....ever! Ditto for the BE line -- it's the only line of foundation I can use without having to worry about my skin acting up. :)

I urge those of you who bought Classic Pink and didn't like it, to re-try it using the proper high quality brushes with a very light hand. I think you will just love the color. I find that this pink pairs beautifully with bronzes and brown shades for face bronzer and eyes. I usually wear a brown smoked out eye and a very light nude lip when I wear brighter "girly" blushes.

Ok, so do you think I LUV this color, or what?! :)

on 1/1/2010 8:27:00 PM

~B1Original

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really disliked this color. I own many different colors of the the cheekers blush but this one was not worth it. Mine had no pigmentation, it was just like a translucent powder

on 1/1/2010 7:56:00 PM

I really enjoy this product. For $6.00 CAD, I am suprised how well this works. It's a little bit too pink for my liking, me being so fair and all, but when I finish with powder, it seems to tone it down a bit. I only have to apply it twice a day, generally once in the morning, and again around 3. A great day time shade, but I was like something with a little more rosy depth for night, but over all, this is a great, cheap product. I would be this brand of blush again, possibly in a more peachy colour.

on 10/8/2009 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My first Cover Girl blush. I was looking for a nice [bright] pink blush for Fall/Winter, and at first, I was pretty satisfied with WnW's Heather Silk, but I didn't love it. Now this!! It looks really bright in the pan, but on my NC35 skin, it gave me a nice flush. VERY natural looking. It also gave me a glow, but I don't detect any shimmers in the pan, which I like. I've had this on all day, and the staying power is pretty decent. The smell really bothers me, but I'm tolerating it, just something I've got to get use to. Besides the smell, another thing that I don't like is the thin strip, it's very inconvenient. Will repurchase though.
~~~EDIT~~~
I just noticed that this blush has a sheen to it. It's gorgeous!

on 5/31/2009 9:09:00 PM

It has a sheen to it and I only wear matte blushes. Sometimes you can't really tell before testing it, because it does not have obvious shimmers. Would be great for me, if it was not for the sheen. As for the smell I know what you're talking about, but since I use Cheekers everyday, my nose got used to it and I can't smell it anymore.

Great stuff! I have very fair skin, so most blushes make me look like someone slapped me across the cheeks. This is very nice and subtle- all it really does is make you look you have a nice natural, rosy flush. Great for casual daytime looks!

The only downside is that the strip of powder is quite thin and hard to get at with a wider brush.