BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I'm a little undecided for this product. Here is why
Pros: it's a nice glow rather than a glitter-fairy-blind-your-face highlighter
I like the lightness of it

Cons: it really doesn't work on a naked face (no bb cream, cc cream, or foundation). I think your face has to have something in it before you apply. So this doesn't work for me
It's very streaky for someone who isint wear a face product
The packaging would be a lot better if it was in a pump up tube

I enjoy the watts up over high beam, but then again i think they're just two very different products

on 7/13/2014 6:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I am undecided about this highlighter.... it gives a very pinky glow.... i always wear powder foundation and powder on top so a powder highlighter sits better on my skin. You have to blend quite quickly with it or it dries, but a little goes a long way. I did buy it in moon beam which is a more golden glow but still has the pink undertone which i prefer.

on 7/13/2014 4:29:00 AM

I love this highlighter but it is a bit tricky to work with. If you can apply it right then it works like a charm, beautifully accentuates and adds a bit of a glow, but it is very hard to blend once on your skin.

I have the lipgloss-tube packaging kind which I prefer a lot to the nail polish bottle they seem to use with bigger sizes of the product. I like how precise you can apply the product with the wand because a little bit goes a long way. I've had this single tube for quite a long time and there are three of us who have been using it.

My favorite thing about this highlighter is that it doesn't give the illusion of an oily or sparkly face like some highlighters tend to do. It doesn't glitter, it glows. I just adore the bright, illuminated touch this gives your face. I put a dab on my cheekbones, middle of my forehead, and a tiny bit on my chin and the bridge of my nose. With a perfect shade of bronzer, my skin looks so beautifully polished and complete with a healthy glow.

Pricey, but it's worth it if you can shell out that much money. It really does make a difference in your make-up. I can't be without a highlighter now. I will repurchase, but unfortunately only if I have the cash to do so!

on 7/13/2014 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this highlighter, I normally put it on my cheekbones towards my eyes and down the bridge of my nose! It just makes your face bright and shine... But not in a greasy way! I'm going on holiday tomorrow and I can wait to use this when I go out as it gives you a really nice glow so that teamed with a bit of a tan should be a winner! Even though it's a little bit pricey I do feel that this product will last a while you don't actually need that much, I've got pale skin and I just need a few blobs and it shows up really well on my skin! Defo buy this again!

on 6/26/2014 10:13:00 PM

Benefit high beam is a product that I really wanted to like, unfortunately it wasn't very good in terms of the formulation and the packaging. High beam is a very cool toned high lighter and I have a olive completion so I go for more bronze high lighters but I can usually get away with cool toned high lighters against my completion. This was really glittery, there was so much glitter on my cheeks it was really chunky and noticeable, it was really hard to blend out, I would go to blend it with my ring finger and there would be a noticeable line from where I had attempted blended it out. The packaging kind of remind me of a nail polish bottle so when you apply it, it thickens and its just not worth the $26. I would not recommend this if you have a olive or darker completion but it might be a nice product for a more fair completion.

Definitely HG-Status!!!

Although i hate the packaging, i love love love this product and will always repurchase. Dont be scared of the high price, a little goes a long long way. I use it as a part of my everyday make up and it lasts me nearly 2 years to use up one tube.

If you want a more subtle look, simple mix one tiny drop with your moisturizer and dab it on your face. It would gives you that natural-glowing-skin look.

on 5/25/2014 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my ultimate fav highlighter!! Its so bright but without makin it too much. And it lasts long too!

on 5/24/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my go-to highlighter, and I've been using this for years. I have a simple skin beauty routine, consisting of a light foundation or tinted moisturizer, a bit of concealer, and some highlighter and possibly blush. I do not contour or highlight with anything beyond this highlighter, which I apply to the bridge of my nose, above my cupid's bow, and on my upper cheekbones/brow bones. I do this every day, and it adds a bit of dimension to my otherwise non-dimensional foundation routine.

The formula is good, though occasionally causes drying or buildup on the bridge of my nose. Otherwise, this product is long-lasting, does not cause breakouts, and adds a youthful dewiness to otherwise flat skin.

If I were to find a superior highlighter--I have only tried NARS' highlighter as an alternative, which was inferior--I would give this up. Until then, this is an excellent option.

on 5/23/2014 11:29:00 PM

Less is more with High Beam - so keeping that in mind this little bottle will last a long time, Iv'e had mine nearly a good 2 years and its still chugging along (I don't use it daily but often enough)..It kind of reminds me of a bottle of twink/grammar corrector - the brush is a good small size for placing a few dots of product on cheekbones - and a few dots is definately all that is needed, overdoing this tends to make it sit more on the skin, where as less is easier to blend and meld into the skin for a lit from within sheeny glow.

On my NC15 skin this is a nice light pinky/hint of silver sheen colour.

if there was to be a downside it would be that it can get a little messy around the lid and dry cakey around the bottle opening. Nothing a regular tissue or wet wipe can't fix. A good shake up now and then will stop it from going gluggy too.

I like to to dot this on and blend and buff in with a small soft brush on top of blush - so this looks seamlessly glowing. High Beam lasts all day too - gotta love that.

on 5/21/2014 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I always seems to come back to this product. I love it. Beautiful rosy glow to the cheeks. Easy to apply.

Video Reviews & Tutorials