August 2, 2014 | 1303 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by denisiel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product sometimes gives an amazing glow when used on a consistent basis and sometimes has no effect at all. I read some other reviews and want to clarify that this is not a toner, it is to be used as a serum after using a toner. A toner in Japanese products is used to balance your ph levels and also to make the skin more receptive to subsequent skincare products. If you do not have a good result with this product, then maybe your ph is off or you're using it incorrectly.

I do wonder about the smell as one bottle was extremely odorous and one only had a light scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by peachez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I heard so many conflicting accounts about this product that I bought a tiny bottle (part of a gift set) to test it on my skin before committing to the large bottle. It worked beautifully... in the beginning. My skin was so smooth and soft it was amazing. And as quickly as it had turned my skin amazing, it stopped working. And this was AFTER I decided to commit to a big bottle. Figuring that I didn't want to waste my money I'd just finish using the essence, but after using it for a few weeks the essence started to make my skin itch. My skin texture became really rough and I had to stop using it completely. I gave what was left of my bottle - a good 75%- away to my BFF, on whom the FTE works wonderfully. I think this product is really a hit or miss, and it just was a miss for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by luluisalilskunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I have mixed feelings abt this product.. earlier on I bought a trial size off ebay and quite like what it does for my skin, it hydrates yet balances sebum at the same time. softens my skin and gives it a beautiful radiance.. So I bought the full size and to my horror strange things started happening to my skin: My pores became enlarged after 1 week and close inspection after washing my face and before applying the FTE shows my skin has become fragile, dry and somewhat papery.. I am not sure if I overused the product, I wanted to stop but my skin looks worse without applying it, like dry and papery.. it's like my skin got addicted to it.. Right now I have temporarily stopped using FTE and using gentle organic products on my skin and let it just take a break I hope the condition is reversible :(((((( I will do a update abt this later right now it's 1 star to me

Update: So the SA convinced me that I need at least 3 mths to know if a product suits me and I continued using it.. overtime the condition of large pores does improve but in the long run I find it gives me more fine lines. SA convinced me our skin changes with time but I doubt so because the fine lines got better after I stopped using this. The nurse at my dermatologist told me that the FTE works by constantly pushing new skin cells to the top.. that's how our skin looks radiant using it but that interrupts the natural skin renewal process which may not be good for the skin since we need a layer of dead cells to protect it.. my take on it is that it ages the skin prematurely. I binned this and that's a few hundred bucks down the drain. What a damn company.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by dblou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The smell is really interesting. Not good but not too horrible either. I've used this nearly a month now but so far i'm not quite sure of its benefits. I think my skin is a bit more brighter. I haven't noticed anything else so far. But the bottle i have is huge and you only need a little of it at a time so i think it'll last forever. That's why the price doesn't feel that bad. I really don't know if i'd buy another but i guess i just keep using this one for now and see if it does something more. My skin has been acting up lately but i don't think it's because of this since there's no oils in this product. The packaging is a bit difficult to use since i don't want to use it like a toner cos it's so expensive. Instead i just pour it a bit onto my hands before applying it to the face. A pump or something might be better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Kb777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a recommendation from an esthetician. At first I wasn't sure that it lived up to the hype... But then I started using it everyday and started seeing a difference. Skin was smoother, pores refined, akin seemed more hydrated and toned. I find it best to use it in the morning and evening before bed. I apply to face, neck, and chest. The downside is the price. I think it's about $140. That said, you get what you pay for and it lasts forever. This is my first bottle but I definitely think I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by elnour

Initially I was quite skeptical as everytime I switched to a different brand my skin will react. However, this FTE doesn't create havoc to my skin. Bought it when I am pregnant because my skin becomes heavily pigmented. After application, skin immediately becomes supple and smooth. After two weeks, not only does my pigmentation disappear but my skin becomes less oily and I noticed a reduction of my blackheads. Been using it for 2 months now and my skin is starting to glow and is really well-moisturised. Get the small bottle first to try it out as different skin reacts differently. Am now a heavily pregnant lady with wonderful skin unlike my other pregnant friends. Thanks FTE.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2013 4:54:00 AM More reviews by taylim

Got a sample and tried it, thought it was good, so I went out to get a full size bottle and simultaneously bought the spot corrector, whitening clear lotion and stempower as well. My skin reacted very badly, after apply the essence and followed by the rest of the stuff. My face started to with an intense burning sensation. About 2 hours later, the temple areas began to itch and red bumps started appearing, I had to wash my face again because I could not take the itch anymore. The inflamed areas were sore , I applied tea tree oil to soothe the itch. The following morning, my temple areas were still red with heaps of pimple liked bumps and some areas on my face has tiny oil pus that also emerged overnight gross! Some called it purging, they got to be joking!

The essence is a total letdown and absolutely overpriced. For such a high price SK II is like projecting a great confidence in their products but it is all just marketing gimmicks. I feel ripped off and all the raving claims and reviews on the essence is a big scam in my opinion. Can SK II representativies justify their highly marked up price on this so call "miracle water"? I feel cheated. I paid so much and I get this. No thank you. If it is reasonably charged I wouldn't have felt so cheated and angry for being misleaded.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by MsCleopatra

I am a product junkie and this is the WORST product I've ever tried! It irritated my skin to say the least and gave me cyst acne all over my face! It's just going away know. I bough the entire line and thankfully I only started to test it with this item. Sent it all back..awful!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by meru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product irritated my skin and caused breakouts. Although it is so highly raved about I think it is too rich for my sensitive and acne-prone skin. My face looks very red every time I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by tinalrichard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this on Monday... Have seen a difference but this morning I woke up to little red marks (looks like red bug bites) on my nose and close to my hairline.. OMG. I'm freaking out?? I ordered a sample off of Amazon and am wondering if I got a bad sample or if it's purging my skin (which they say it does).. I have clear skin normally and do not ever get marks of any kind.. This is the only thing I have changed to my routine.. Anyone else have these issues? Please let me know! tinalrichard@me.com
****UPDATE***** 4/15/13 - My skin looks great.. I didn't quit using it just gave it an extra few days and now I have no complaints! I can really see a noticeable difference... Bought a full size!