Paula's Choice All Bases Covered Foundation SPF 25

3.7

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (Light Cream: 12.67%; Nude: 12.4%; Sand: 12.18%; Wheat: 11.83%; Fawn: 11.14%). Other Ingredients: Water, Isohexadecane (thickener/texture enhancer), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (emollient), Silica (absorbent silicone), Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate (skin conditioning agent), Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol (silicone emollient), Hexyl Laurate (emulsifier), Tocopheryl Acetate (antioxidant), Polysorbate 80 (thickener), Polyethylene (film-former/slip agent), Alumina (opacifying agent), Magnesium Sulfate (thickener), Aluminum Stearate (thickeners), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Polyhydroxystearic Acid (thickener), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based emulsifier), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben (all preservatives). May Contain: Iron Oxides (mineral pigments).

on 10/4/2005 1:15:00 AM

I need a very light-colored foundation, and Cream is the perfect color for me. I also prefer a non-chemical sunscreen, so the titanium dioxide sunscreen is great, too. The coverage isn't as great as advertised, however, unless you really cake the stuff on, in which case it'll slip and slide and settle into pores and lines. Also, the packaging is just awful. It's incredibly hard to dispense exactly the right amount, so you end up wasting about a quarter of the tube (it's a short, squarish, very flat tube, with a very small nozzle opening at the top). It's not horrible, but it's not worth going out of your way for.

on 9/11/2005 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this foundation, l use the Sand colour and it's a perfect match for my skin.
My only problem with this product is the packing, if you squeeze out too much product, it goes to waste as you can't put it back.

I have normal/combo skin my t-zone oily and my cheeks dry in the winter months, and l find it a fantastic foundation for my skin.

Have gone and tried other foundations but l keep coming back to this one.

Have found a solution to the packaging. Had an empty pump moisturiser bottle, l now put the foundation in this bottle, can control the pump for exact product required and can also see exactely how much l have left.

on 8/4/2005 12:01:00 AM

The quality of this foundation is superb--creamy and blends in easily. It also has a good broad-spectrum, titanium-oxide based sunscreen, another plus. HOWEVER, I think Paula might have made some tweaks to her colors, for the worse. In the samples I tried 6 months ago, wheat was a perfect match and very NEUTRAL. However, the wheat I received was obviousl pink, and goes on with a pink undertone! Why oh why?? This is not preferred to my favorite, Stila illuminating foundation in 30 wats, which IS trule neutral.

on 7/5/2005 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i have only used samples of this product but i really like it! i have oily/combination skin with some very dry patches, and i usually don't like wearing foundations for oily skin because they make the dry areas look and feel drier. so i tried this one for normal to dry skin and it didn't make the oily parts of my face oilier. it hasn't made me break out either and i've been using it on and off for about a month now. i can wear sand or wheat and nobody can tell the difference on my face. it has almost a medium coverage, and an spf 15 which i LOVE! i think once my samples run out i will purchase it because of the spf in it even tho i really like mary kay full coverage foundation better, only because i don't have to wear concealer with it.

on 7/1/2005 2:15:00 PM

I love this foundation. I use bare escentuals as well once in a while and need an alternative. I always come back to this. I use the second to lightest color and I think it gives great coverage but looks incredibly natural.
Love it!

on 5/28/2005 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is Paula's foundation for normal-dry skin. I tried it in winter when my skin is dry and while I liked the coverage, everything else left much to be desired. The colors were neutral but none matched me. Sand was too yellow and Nude was too pink--both were also too dark. To give you an idea of my color, I am a perfect 1Y/2Y (equal parts 1Y and 2Y) if you're familiar with the Aromaleigh coloring system and a passable MAC NC15 or NC20. I see that they just added a new yellow-based light color (Cream), which might be a better match if mixed with Sand (which I still have), but All Bases doesn't have great staying power and slipped off the oily areas of my face after just a couple of hours. This is perhaps a better foundation for truly dry or more mature skintypes. I'm tempted to take off an additional lippie for the poor shade selection but I won't since it really is a very nice foundation.

on 5/19/2005 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the only liquid foundation I would still use. I use Mineral Makeup from time to time but still find myself coming back tot his. Its nothing fancy, but rather it is quality foundation with amazing neutral colors at a good price. This works wonders on my dry skin. Try it!

on 5/12/2005 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I tried to like this foundation: I'm over 40 with pale, dry, sensitive skin. It smooths on easily, has medium coverage(minimizes freckles), doesn't irritate or dry out my skin. Sounds perfect, right?
For two weeks I tried samples of light cream, nude, and sand and even mixed them to try to get the right shade. Unfortunately, every day that I wore this base, someone (even my husband)would ask me "Are you feeling all right?" the comments were that I looked paler than usual or ashen. I FELT FINE!
I think this might be part of the reason some reviewers thought it made them look older. Could it be the concentration of the titanium dioxide sunscreen which is opaque white? I just glad I got samples first

on 4/9/2005 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm surprised at all the negative reviews on this foundation as it's been a miracle product for me! First of all, I like that this foundation has broad spectrum SPF 15 protection, which is a rarity in foundatins. Secondly, the colors all look true and I happened to get lucky when I picked a near perfect match for my skintone with the Sand color. Lastly, this foundation offers excellent coverage and hasn't caused any breakouts. This would not be appropriate for anyone with oily skin but it does say on the tube that it's intended for normal to dry skin. I don't even need concealer when I use this because it covers dark circles and any other skin imperfections I might have. I've found that it really helps to use a good quality loose powder to set it. I use T. LeClerc loose powder or Laura Mercier, both of which work well. I'm sorry this hasn't worked well for other reviewers but it's definitely a keeper for me!

on 3/31/2005 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This has to be one of the worst foundations I've ever tried. It tugged going on and was impossible to spread evenly, no matter what technique I used. Also found the colors way too yellow.