December 21, 2014 | 955 users online

Liquid - Paula's Choice - All Bases Covered Foundation SPF 25

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2005 7:55:00 PM More reviews by clara_48047

i have only used samples of this product but i really like it! i have oily/combination skin with some very dry patches, and i usually don't like wearing foundations for oily skin because they make the dry areas look and feel drier. so i tried this one for normal to dry skin and it didn't make the oily parts of my face oilier. it hasn't made me break out either and i've been using it on and off for about a month now. i can wear sand or wheat and nobody can tell the difference on my face. it has almost a medium coverage, and an spf 15 which i LOVE! i think once my samples run out i will purchase it because of the spf in it even tho i really like mary kay full coverage foundation better, only because i don't have to wear concealer with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2005 2:15:00 PM More reviews by NatiElisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation. I use bare escentuals as well once in a while and need an alternative. I always come back to this. I use the second to lightest color and I think it gives great coverage but looks incredibly natural.
Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2005 9:09:00 AM More reviews by pocky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is Paula's foundation for normal-dry skin. I tried it in winter when my skin is dry and while I liked the coverage, everything else left much to be desired. The colors were neutral but none matched me. Sand was too yellow and Nude was too pink--both were also too dark. To give you an idea of my color, I am a perfect 1Y/2Y (equal parts 1Y and 2Y) if you're familiar with the Aromaleigh coloring system and a passable MAC NC15 or NC20. I see that they just added a new yellow-based light color (Cream), which might be a better match if mixed with Sand (which I still have), but All Bases doesn't have great staying power and slipped off the oily areas of my face after just a couple of hours. This is perhaps a better foundation for truly dry or more mature skintypes. I'm tempted to take off an additional lippie for the poor shade selection but I won't since it really is a very nice foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2005 2:30:00 PM More reviews by SoapySaffy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only liquid foundation I would still use. I use Mineral Makeup from time to time but still find myself coming back tot his. Its nothing fancy, but rather it is quality foundation with amazing neutral colors at a good price. This works wonders on my dry skin. Try it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2005 11:01:00 PM More reviews by dockat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried to like this foundation: I'm over 40 with pale, dry, sensitive skin. It smooths on easily, has medium coverage(minimizes freckles), doesn't irritate or dry out my skin. Sounds perfect, right?
For two weeks I tried samples of light cream, nude, and sand and even mixed them to try to get the right shade. Unfortunately, every day that I wore this base, someone (even my husband)would ask me "Are you feeling all right?" the comments were that I looked paler than usual or ashen. I FELT FINE!
I think this might be part of the reason some reviewers thought it made them look older. Could it be the concentration of the titanium dioxide sunscreen which is opaque white? I just glad I got samples first

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2005 10:46:00 PM More reviews by rainy_days

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm surprised at all the negative reviews on this foundation as it's been a miracle product for me! First of all, I like that this foundation has broad spectrum SPF 15 protection, which is a rarity in foundatins. Secondly, the colors all look true and I happened to get lucky when I picked a near perfect match for my skintone with the Sand color. Lastly, this foundation offers excellent coverage and hasn't caused any breakouts. This would not be appropriate for anyone with oily skin but it does say on the tube that it's intended for normal to dry skin. I don't even need concealer when I use this because it covers dark circles and any other skin imperfections I might have. I've found that it really helps to use a good quality loose powder to set it. I use T. LeClerc loose powder or Laura Mercier, both of which work well. I'm sorry this hasn't worked well for other reviewers but it's definitely a keeper for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2005 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Goodoldgal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has to be one of the worst foundations I've ever tried. It tugged going on and was impossible to spread evenly, no matter what technique I used. Also found the colors way too yellow.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2005 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Shedeviluptuous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I give this foundation credit for making such a decent pale shade. However, I give this foundation no other credit...I had such high hopes for this foundation, and it's awful! It feels like a horrid sticky greasy mask when you first apply it..and you'd think something that heavy would have great coverage atleast...but no, it did nothing for my blemishes, etc. ugh, I'm so glad I requested a sample before I ordered it. never again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2005 8:52:00 AM More reviews by harrup

I wasn't sure whether to give this foundation 5 stars or merely one. Or none.
Here is why: One the one hand, this foundation truly lives up to it's claim. It will give you a matte finish - or, according to the esteemed Ms Begoun a "soft" matte finish, whatever this may mean - it blends impeccably, the colours are truly "skin" colours and it will last all day. So far, so good and 5 star worthy.

On the other hand, it will make you look OLD. Or, in case that you are very young, you will look older. Considerably. Even if the selected shade matches the skin perfectly and is blended skillfully. This product will eliminate every ounce of natural dewy-ness or radiance from your skin. Never mind what moisturizer is worn underneith it. And I have yet to meet a grown woman of any age who want's to look a decade older.

In addition, this foundation is aimed at people with "normal to dry skin", but I sincerely doubt that anyone with dry skin will find it even the slightest bit moisturizing.

Personally, I wouldn't repurchase the product. Incidentally, nor would either of my friends who tried it. Whilst all of them loved the shades, each and every one of them ( 35 - 45 age group) bemoaned the aging effect produced by this foundation. A great pity, really since this product is great in every other respect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2005 10:55:00 AM More reviews by AngelZoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Someone called this a "running to the grocery store" base -- and yes, it is very light and sheer. I would call it a weekend base, but I guess that we are saying the same thing. The finish is luminous -- love it!!!! If you put on pressed powder afterward, you might get more coverage.