April 16, 2014 | 1017 users online

Concealers - Christian Dior - Hydrating Concealer [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2005 12:48:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I purchased this after the SA at Macy's Herald Square told me that she had been in the business for 15 years, and this was the best concealer that she had ever used. Apparently, this is a pretty old formula, so I never paid much attention to it because I'm always seeking out new things, but this stuff is awesome! I got the color #410 (which I think is Light Beige or something)... and it is a good match for my NC25 skin.

Mostly, I use it around my eyes, but I also use it around my nose and chin area to hide redness. It comes in a squeeze tube with a thin tip, so I just use a tiny dot under each eye and pat it in, and then a dot for the nose and a teensy dot for the chin. A little bit goes a long way, and this covers even dark circles.

The texture is quite creamy without being thick, and it stays on all day. The only thing that may bother some people is the scent - it does have a rose/flower scent that may bother some people. Also, if your nose is oily like mine is, you might have to blot 1-2X a day to keep the oilies away. But according to the packaging, it is really intended for the undereye area anyway.

Aside from that, I would say this is pretty much near perfect product, and I will keep buying if I ever run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2005 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Demetria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably the best concealer I've used so far. My skin is combination, very oily in the t-zone and very, very dry under the eyes. I let my eye cream sink in a bit, use this and my under-eye area looks smooth and crinkle-free. This stays out of the fine lines as well. I like this a lot better than my Cle de Peau, which is a little drying. I would definitely buy this again, but won't have to for a long time, because you get a whole lot for the money. It will last forever and by then there will be something even better. :-) Update:It is now July 11, 2006,so over a year later and I still haven't used it up, but I have now found something better by Prescriptives. I would still recommend this one, though. It works well and its not really that expensive considering how long it lasts. I think it still has several months left in the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2005 12:01:00 AM More reviews by AimeeRDH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The tube lasts all year! Great at covering my dark circles and a 4 inch long scar on my forearm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2005 5:28:00 AM More reviews by princess101

Love this! I am a new mom and have had very little sleep since bringing home my now 7 month old son. I was originally using the anti-fatigue concealer, but turned to this after hearing that it covered dark circles. I am so impressed with this product. Not only does it cover my dark circles, but it blends easily and is the perfect shade (light beige) for my very pale face. It covers the occasional blemish without any caking and lasts quite a long time. The sqeeze tube is great--no waste, unlike the anti-fatigue which is wand-based. For $25 CDN, you get quite a bit of product. I will definately repurchase this in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2005 8:07:00 PM More reviews by jaina81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great concealer! I have tried several that are raves here, and went to Dior for either skin flash or the anti-fatigue... but this takes the cake! a whopping 15ml tube for $25 CDN (compare that to the 4-6ml you get in your average d/s tube or in mac moisture cover). Very resonable. I have the color 410 (light beige) it is a perfect neutral for my eyes that gives decent natural coverage (doesn't cover my circles completely, but I'm not sure anything will). This color is great for LLL like me (nc20/lm warm ivory/becca sesame). I find if my eye concealer is too yellow my circles can look green. Nice and neutral but still yellow enough (not pink at all, just neutral). This stayed put through 12 hours of moving in the rain... I'd say that's pretty good! No creasing or clumping or dryness. Very happy with this purchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2005 8:26:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

i got this is Medium Golden ...im an MMM w/ yellow undertones,C5/C40...i was really excited to get this concealer after reading the reviews bcoz i have dark undereye circles (darn genetics!) that makes me look like i lacked sleep and i wanted this to work for me sooo bad...unfortunately,it didnt mask them as much as i would like...i use this over my foundation & the circles did not completely disappear...maybe im the minority,but i do see it settling in my fine lines..im not crazy about the applicator either coz the tube style makes the concealer leak out everytime i open it even if im not squeezing it! (reminds me of the prescriptives camouflage!! wasting product!).....for $23..they should at least improve that part!!!!...at least there is .58 oz of product which is quite plenty in my book.....so for now,im giving it a 3...*UPDATE* mufe's full coverage concealer beats this hands down!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2005 1:11:00 PM More reviews by bodina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is great for the eye area to cover black circles and puffiness. i have oily skin and yet it stays put all day long.needs a good moisturizer underneath. the colors are a bit off but i dont mint.wrinkles seem less too.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2004 1:07:00 AM More reviews by shopaholicbren

Basically it works well as a concealer especially for blemishes. A little goes a long way. kudos to those who wish to hide them. However for those who wish to cover their dark eye rings, it's too dry and i definitely won't recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2004 9:57:00 AM More reviews by babyhera

I've had troubles with concealers in the past (as they don't usually conceal anything) but I bought this concealer recently and I was impressed with how much better it made me look. It covered my dark undereye circles beautifully and it does a good job of hiding my broken capillaries around my nose. When I first tried it on at the makeup counter I wasn't sure if I would be satisfied under the flourescent lights. It seemed like it had made my circles look gray, but when I put it on at home it didn't do that at all. I have it in shade 410 which is a pale beige according to the box.
    It was $22.50USD so it was a tad expensive. the sales associate said it would last 2 years though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2004 5:28:00 PM More reviews by SpeakerPunk

I absolutely love this concealer! Hydrating, stays all day with no creasing/settling, and it's a pefect match to my skin. I bought the 410 shade, which is a slight yellow base, and this conceals any and all perfections without looking obvious, cakey or dry. I can literally go all day without touch-ups and it looks completely natural :) It's a little expensive, but really a little goes such a long way!