April 19, 2014 | 809 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 7:46:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great sheer and dewy liquid foundation that is waterproof. I use shade C3. I like to wear it 3 different ways - alone for light natural coverage, under powder for a more matte finish, and for heavier cover i like to wear under mac studio fix powder in shade C4 which works really well together. Its a great summer time foundation because when you sweat it doesnt budge. I also like wearing it at work because it looks natural and i dont have to retouch it at all. I use the real techniques expert face brush to apply it and buff it into my skin and sometimes ill use a sponge like the beauty blender to work it in or build up coverage in a certain area if it needs more product. Concealer also works well with it. It doesnt come off easily and i have to use bioderma crealine h20 and then a foaming cleanser to remove it all. I will re-buy and highly recommend having this in your kit, however i dont think this is a multi-task foundation and i think you'll also want a full coverage foundation (such as estee lauder double wear) and a tinted moisturiser (such as laura mercier oil free) for when you dont want to sport that waterproof dewy goodness

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Gantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Light and natural looking
-Doesn't feel heavy on the skin
-Sheer but buildable
-Won't accentuate dry skin
-Reasonable price for the product amount
-Long wearing

Cons:
-Can look shiny or greasy
-Won't cover darker skin unevenness (such as deep acne scarring)

Overall:
I bought the 120ml/4.0 fl oz bottle in C2, I love how much you get for the price. This is my favorite sheer-medium coverage foundation. The formula is watery and that makes it difficult to figure out the most practical way to apply this. I would say using a foundation brush, a stippling brush or your fingers (rather than a sponge) would be the best ways to apply this. As you're applying this it gets thicker while it sets. This foundation has buildable coverage, but it doesn't cover up my uneven skin tone. On my skin this looks and feels light and natural. It didn't clog my pores or break me out, and made my dry skin look nice a hydrated. It can look a little shiny or even greasy though, but that can easily be fixed with a light dusting of powder. I will definitely repurchase this for everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by hyacinth289

I like this since I don't want to wear heavy foundations on my face on daily basis.
i have this in C2 for my NW25 skin.
it could be a bit shiny when applied, I dust some powder to finish it.
it is comfortable to wear, doesn't break me out.
the size and the price is reasonable, I would prob buy this again.
Comparing to LM tinted moisturizer, this is more liquidy, but the coverage is similar, I use powder to finish both.
LM is too pricy, so I would stick to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by aneezy

I purchased C3 summer 2012 and it was perfect for my Asian tanned skin. Fast forward to present day, i can honestly say you really get your money's worth! I'm not a big fan of layering my skin with a lot of products so a little bit of this goes a long way. The water based consistency is what i love the most because my skin is super dry and sometimes when i'm too lazy to put moisturizer first, this foundation works just fine (plus concealer for my under eyes, of course). The coverage is very light so if you're looking for a heavy duty make up, this is not for you.
Right now my skin isn't as tanned as i was in the summer, so i mix a little bit of this with my L'occitane bb cream in light (good for beige and pink undertone, both of which im not) to achieve the yellow-ness in my skin

However, I don't recommend this for those with oily skin and/or if you prefer a matte finish. I also don't recommend layering Face and Body with a setting powder, especially for dry skin, it just ends up looking flaky. Leave it as it is!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by cssalgueiro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation but don't find it to be to everyone. Firstly you have to have decent skin to wear it as it doesn't cover blemishes or dark circles very well. You can layer it and it does cover more (I always appply two layers) but I find there's a limit to doing this. I would say this had light to medium coverage. So this is a foundation I only wear when I feel good about my skin.
The other thing is that this it is very dewy so if you don't powder it a little bit you'll be oily in no time, specially if the weather is humid. I have normal to combination skin and usually powder it with Mac prep and prime powder and I still get a little bit oily at the end of the day. It's nothing major but I would imagine it being a lot worse on oily skin. Having said this, if you apply a stronger matifying powder like mac blot powder, it should hold much better and someone with oily skin could probably get away with this.

The pro is that even with a bit of powder my skin looks like satin and you get this really beautiful glow. I think it's a special product, really good for the summer, VERY invisible and looks really natural, but not for everyone.
The only way you could know for sure is to try it and wear it for a day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by saylorsoul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a foundation dramatically different to any other you will try-- the consistency is something you will have to get used to. Face & Body is water-based and therefore is the runniest foundation I have ever used in my life. When I squirt out the product onto my hand prior to application, if my hand is at a tilt, it will run down my hand and drip on my clothes/the floor.

If the consistency doesn't bother you, it is a wonderful, natural foundation. This foundation doesn't cover much at all, but it is perfect for evening out your skin tone without looking like you have pounds of makeup on.

For reference, I wear this with concealer and MAC's Mineralized Skinfinish Natural on top to conceal further and make it appear less oily. Yes, without a setting powder, this foundation does tend to look a little oily. In fact, even with the setting powder, my skin still has a very "glowing" look to it. This doesn't bother me, but oily skin tones, beware!

In my opinion, the only foundations worth it from mac are this one and the Skinfinish Natural; both of them I use on a daily basis. These are my own opinions as I do not care for heavy foundation in any respects. If you do care for a more full coverage look, I would ask the MAC Makeup Artists or look at another brand.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Jamieflan1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok there are a few things I really like and dislike about the product:Pros: Good value for the price, its about $30, but the bottle is really huge! Buildable coverage, wide variety of colors. It gives off a sheer and dewy, natural looking finish. Kind of like a tinted moisturizer. It didn't clog my pores or cause a breakout. Cons: texture is a little bit runny, but thats probably why it never feels cakey. The bottle has a crap design. The plastic looks cheap and design is poor.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Pseudonormic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've tried so many foundations and bb creams, it's not funny. I've been in search of a foundation that doesn't look like I have any make up on. After reading the reviews, I was pretty skeptical but I went down to the mac counter and bought one anyway. A$50 for a 50ml, why not? The results were fantastic!!! The mac SA applied it with a brush and it ended up looking cakey and thick, I must say I was disappointed. However, upon returning home. I wiped it all off and used lioele bb dollish in green as a makeup base (tiny dot applied all over my face), then 3x pearl sized drops of mac f&b (forehead and both cheeks). I apply each section of my face with my fingers and blend until it becomes tacky. Then I spot conceal, apply blush and I'm done. People at work think I have good skin. I don't. My skin tone is so uneven it's not funny. This evens out my skin tone and it looks perfect! I also have allergies so mid day, my makeup around my nose, cheeks and chin have all but left my face. Mac f&b doesn't lift the makeup off my face and onto the tissue. I love it!!!! I will repurchase again. Oh, because it's non-transferable, using regular face wash won't remove it. I use ponds cold cream to clean it off then wash with facial cleanser. It's the trick NOT to end up with breakouts. This stuff isn't easy to clean off hence some girls end up with pimples & clogged pores. I'm 35 but using this, people still think I'm in my early twenties because it makes my skin look young and fresh!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Beyzzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is a marvelous product for dry skins. I wanted to use some light coverage product to use with my oily face and tried this one. It was my mistake, it just slowly slides of from my face after half an hour but I am currently trying to find a primer to use with and a powder to set it. I will update this if I find a match.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by skinjazz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This contains orange essential oil, a known photo-sensitizer. This has wreaked havoc with my pigmentation and freckles! It may be a lovely natural looking foundation, but if you have pigmentation of any kind, I'd give this a wide berth.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No