Rimmel Hide the Blemish

3.0

ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, TALC, OZOKERITE, POLYETHYLENE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, PARAFFIN, POLYISOBUTENE, CERA MICROCRISTALLINA/MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX/CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE, SILICA, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, LECITHIN,SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, BUTYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), BARIUM SULFATE (CI 77120),

on 11/10/2011 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

I can't decide whether or not to like, love or hate this concealer. It does an okay job concealing some of my blemishes, but it's lasting power isn't the greatest if you don't set it with powder. But my skin is really dry, so I don't really like to use powder that much. It lasts usually about 4-5 hours only. It tends to crease if you don't blend it enough :(
But suprisingly, I found a couple other uses for it! I bought it Golden Beige, it comes in their new packaging, which also includes a few more different shades. Before there were only three, but it appears that there are more now. The packaging style is exactly the same, but the cap is clear with dark brown writing, and the actual concealer stick is a tan, beigey color. It's kinda cute :)
It works GREAT as an eyeshadow base :) In my opinions, it's comparable to some of the high-end bases/primers I've tried! With and without using this concealer as a base is really noticeable. My eyeshadow's lasting power is a lot longer with this stuff!
Another use I found it works great with, is using it on your lips! I like to apply it on my outer wrist and then using a clean finger and gently dabbing it on. And then I top it off with Rimmel's Vinyl Gloss in Paparazzi. It really helps the pigmentation of the lip gloss a lot more :)It's like a really pretty nude, light pink lip :D
I would definitely recommend this as a base for eyeshadow AND lipgloss :D

on 10/22/2011 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Personally I'd give this a 3. Overall I give it a 4 because others could find their HG concealer in this.
It goes on pretty smooth, lasts most of the day, and covers a good chunk of my dark circles. For me it doesn't cover everything, could last a few hours more (I get about 4-6hrs out of it), and sometimes it's a bit drying on me (I have really dry under eyes). So for me I think there's something a bit more moisturizing, gives more coverage, and lasts longer. For the average person though I think this could work well and it's one of the top concealers I've found in the nearest drugstore.

on 9/22/2011 5:50:00 AM

It is very creamy. When set with powder - doesn't set into my under eye wrinkles. Covers the dark circles well. I don't have anything bad to say. It is not superb but fairly decent for every day use.

on 9/20/2011 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I like this concealer, its not anything special but it does the job and covers my dark circles but you definitely need a fair amount of application to actually see any results and also need reapplication most of the time, but its cheap drugstore make up so you can't expect it to be ultra long lasting. I usually go for this one because its cheap, and I'm lucky that I rarely suffer from spots and can safely say my version of a breakout is about one or two spots with a maximum of four at one time, so I don't use concealer for my spots.

on 9/1/2011 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I will NOT repurchase this again!!! It doesn't my blemishes at all and it looks WHITE when on my dark circles. It was the cheapest concealer I've ever bought and I still want my money back! I'm sooooooo disapointed :(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Uhh..not this..I took it back after a few days of buying it because it was too dry, (on my oily skin!) it look cakey and emphasized a blemish even more...oh and don't even get me started on what this looks like under eyes. It's like I aged 30 years because it made me look like a have wrinkles under my eyes...and yeah...I'm under 18!! I got this for 4 bucks and I wanted em back after seeing this on my face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

this concealer has a nice consistency and is at a reasonable price, it does a good job of covering up my dark circles, but sadly it is terrible at covering up blemishes. Having said that it is half descent at covering up redness. It does have its place in my collection.

on 8/23/2011 7:19:00 PM

This is an alright concealer. It's good for undereye circles but doesn't do much for blemishes. Rimmel face products tend to be "alright" in general with me.

on 8/21/2011 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This concealer is excellent for undereye circles and for hiding discoloration. I DO NOT use it for blemishes, as I find it can highlight bumps/zits/scars. I do use it to cover broken capillaries and high color I have from rosacea. Packaging is normal for a stick concealer. Cap stays on tight when traveling, very functional. Very good product.

on 8/20/2011 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Didnt have very good coverage for undereye circles.. or anything else actually. It felt kind of greasy and creased under my eyes and that never has been a prpblem before. There are definitely better drugstore concealers (like Hard Candy Glamoflauge - full coverage, little goes a long way and only $6).

Video Reviews & Tutorials