August 1, 2014 | 1542 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Soap & Glory - The Righteous Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by iamaraluen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this body butter! It smells amazing, like miss dior cherie. It has a thick texture but melts right into your skin. It is super moisturizing - although in Australia it is expensive ($35) so I try to use sparingly because it's so good and I want it to last forever. Ever girl should have this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I use this body butter, I don't need to wear perfume. It is literally that strong. But it's a nice, wonderful floral scent that smells like Miss Dior Cherie EDT, so if you like that scent, the righteous butter is right for you! It's very silky and moisturizing and I've used it sparingly because I don't want to run out of it too quickly. If money were not an issue, I would go through tubs of this like no body's business! But alas, It's wonderful and great for any time of the year.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited to receive this in my latest Sephora order, but minutes after applying it the scent was so overwhelmingly strong I had to take another shower to get the product off. Like, stinging my eyes and face strong. It's a nice scent, but it's way too concentrated. That, and I'm pretty sure it's causing my skin to burn/turn red.

Returning ASAP.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought a small tub of this for five bucks on Sephora, and it was the best five bucks I've spent there. I use this before bed because I love falling to sleep with the smell of this on my hands. It smells soo lovely. And I love that the rose oil isn't all the way at the end of the ingredients list. I will definitely be purchasing tubs of this as gifts this year...it's that good.

Update: so after awhile the scent was just too strong for me and I stopped using it. Months later my dry cracked heels needed some luvin and I remembered I still had this cream. Within about 3 nights of using this on my feet, they now feel sooo much better and a lot less dry and flaky. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by lmorrisbc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only butter I've used that I don't hate. In fact, I love it. Smells incredible, and actually absorbs into my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2012 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Rebeccaxx24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A little bit over rated for me, yes it smells great and it feels lovely to use..but for me this takes ages to sink into my skin, it just sits on top for AGEEESSSS..my boyfriend actually commented on the thick layer it creates on my skin, asking what it was lol. I love s&g products I think I own every single one but this is one I wouldn't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful, thick cream (but not too thick that it doesn't absorb for ages) and really moisturises. A little goes a long way. I'm not too happy about the tub packaging but I apply it after I've had a shower so my hands aren't exactly filthy when I go to use it.

This is way better than the hyped up The Body Shop butters, this smells delicious and doesn't leave a film on the skin. I also prefer the packaging, it looks so much nicer compared to The Body Shop butters! The smell is absolutely gorgeous. Delicious. I will definitely be buying this again. The smell lasts for ages and my boyfriend loves it! I will be buying the body wash too so I can layer the scents, I already layer it with the perfume and Girligo and it lasts a very long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by jelly3

I normally use The Body Shop body butters or baby oil but after getting this for christmas i've fallen in love.

Yes the scent is VERY strong but I like it and as I don't wear perfumes during the day anyway it works well as it does last for hours. I've had many compliments on my 'perfume' when wearing this.

As for moisturization I really thinks this works - my skin tends to get very dry and tight and this has kept me soft all day (only using once a day in the morning). Myelbows get very very dry and crack and since using this they arnt anydrier than my body - which is a miracle for me.

1 lippie off for how long it takes to rub and sink in - can feel a bit liketo much hard work during some mornings!

Not sure if it will lure me away from baby oil on wet skin which is my usual (and much cheaper option) but I do love it and I would use it again but only when i'm feeling quiteflush with cash!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by mya2403

Love at first sniff for me. Smell aside this body butter is rich smooth silky moisturising and a little goes a long long way. I use my tub almost daily and so far my current tub has lasted 9 months +.

I am on my 6/7th tub of this.

Beautiful quirky girly retro pink packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by daffydill

Packaging
Like many body butters this product comes in a tub with a screw top lid. It is a fairly bright pink in colour with the name of the product in yellow and black lettering. It is certainly not my favourite design from Soap and Glory's range, but it serves its purpose. The lid is easy to remove and screw back on. The design of the tub makes the body butter easy to reach. This is my favoured type of packaging for body butters as I can always scoop out the desired amount of product, or if I grab too much, easily put some back in the tub. The product comes in a travel size 50 ml and a larger 300 ml tub.

The Scent - Righteous?
The Righteous Butter is part of Soap and Glory's original pink line, and has a distinctive, but nonetheless gorgeous scent. It is young and fruity, without being fruit salad. I have listed the notes below to give you an idea of the scent.
Top Notes

* Bergamot and Peach
Heart Notes

* Strawberry and Jasmine
Base Notes

* Mandarin and Musk
The overall scent is well blended, so it is hard to pick out individual notes. I personally find the peach and the strawberry to be the most dominant, which are just pegged back slightly due to the inclusion of the musk which also makes the aroma seem a bit more grown up. The list of notes given in this format implies that the scent changes over time, I personally did not find that with this product. Shea butter has also been added to this product, however it lacks the plastic aroma Shea can sometimes bring, this is particularly noticeable in The Daily Smooth Body Butter by Soap and Glory. The reason for this may be due to the addition of aloe vera which gives an added freshness to the aroma.

As far as longevity goes if I apply the body butter in the morning I can still smell it mid-afternoon, and this could be extended further with layering of the associated products.
Moisturising Properties
I can not fault the moisturising properties of this body butter. The butter itself is cream in colour and is thick in colour, but not as thick as some of the really thick Body Shop butters such as Shea, Coconut and Nut. The butter absorbs very easily and feels particularly luxurious on the skin. There is no residue or tackiness, and the small amount of greasiness that is present on application quickly disappears. My skin feels soft for the rest of the day after application, due to the addition of the shea butter. The aloe vera in the product means that after hair removal my skin doesn't look as red and blotchy as it sometimes does. I am coming near to the end of my travel 50 ml size tub, and it has lasted me between 10-15 applications which tends to just involve my limbs and any further dry areas that I find throughout the day, as I tend to carry the tub around as it is such a portable size.