July 31, 2014 | 1777 users online

Cleansers - Origins - Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the way this smells!! It does a very good job at removing my makeup, and I no longer have to worry about my skin drying out. It leaves my skin soft and refreshed. Its doesn't leave an oily residue and washes off easily. Be sure to buy the pump, otherwise you'll have a hard time getting it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased this at a Mac sale in Canada and i absoulutely am in love, however I cant find it in any stores. Does anyone know where I can find this in Ontario, Canada?

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by angel888

I have sensitive/ oily skin and thought I'd give this a try based on the reviews on here. At first, It made me break out a little on my forehead, but it wasnt that bad. I continued using it because it was really helping to hydrate the skin on my cheeks. However, I recently got a facial peel and used the products the esthetician gave me for a week so my skin would peel properly. After I finished those products, I went back to my normal routine with this cleansing oil. The whiteheads/little red bumps i saw before came back with a vengence :( I really wanted to like this though, its probably the essential oils (rosehip oil makes me break out too).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 7:57:00 AM More reviews by cherrychocolate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG makeup remover and I swear by this for removing all my makeup and sunscreen. I love how this cleansing oil does not contain mineral oil but natural oils instead, as mineral oil is a potentially pore-clogging ingredient. This takes away all traces of my makeup without making my sensitive acne-prone oily/combination skin feel tight or uncomfortable, and I have not had any breakouts or clogged pores from using this. The texture of this cleansing oil is also just right, as it is not too thick and sticky or too thin/watery. After I rub the oil all over my face for at least a minute, I would wet my hands and emulsify the oil before washing it off my face. Even though this leaves my skin feeling very clean, I still follow up with my regular cleanser, just to double cleanse my skin.
For those who find that the packaging of the bottle is inconvenient, you can actually buy the pump from the Origins counter. That way, you can use the pump for daily use, and when you are travelling, you can replace the pump with the cap that the bottle originally comes with. The dispenser of the pump also has a lock function so that there is no accidental spillage/squirting of product, and I find this very useful.
Price-wise, this cleansing oil leans on the more expensive side as I paid about SGD$35 for a bottle at an Origins counter, and about $2 for the pump. However, the bottle of cleansing oil is pretty huge so it lasts me quite a while. And since this does not break me out or clog my pores, and it does an EXCELLENT job of removing hard-to-remove makeup and thick sunscreen, this is worth the price. I would definitely re-purchase when I run out of this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my second cleansing oil I've used. Boscia's was prior to this. I've been using cleansing oils after it felt like the top layer of my skin was drying out, but nothing was getting into the pore to clear it. I believe the drying cleanser I was using (which was working well a few years ago when my skin was oilier), was overdrying and almost making the sebum plugs even harder to remove. Gross I know. But I would then layer on a heavier oil/moisturizer to counteract the surface drying, only to compound the congestion in my pores. My skin felt like a mess and I can honestly say that cleansing oils (and oils as a post-wash treatment) have taken my skin 180 degrees. I absolutely recommend any cleansing oil, to anyone, most are very similar but the nuances can make or break your experience.

I can only compare Origins with Boscia's:
both have been able to remove the sebum plugs.
Origins seems to rinse a little cleaner and I prefer the ingredient profile on Origins.
My skin seems calmer after using the Origins and while both give an effective clean, I believe this is just slightly less thorough/aggressive than the Boscia.
I used the Bosica (Make-Up Break Up) during my purging phase, so I cannot tellif the redness I was experiencing was due to the menthol or the intense massaging and steaming I was doing, but between the two, I'd recommend the Boscia if your skin is going haywire and the plugs are more tenacious, and you've been beating up your skin with drying/aggressive treatments. The Boscia gave a deeper cleanse and left me with something of a layer that felt uncomfortable at first, but I wore it for a day and once realized how much it was toning down my own oil production I fell in love.
However, I switched over to the Origins for daily use, as stated above because of the lovely oil profile, but also because at times the Boscia felt so correcting, sometimes you need something a little more gentle (Boscia is a base of emulsifiers with oils listed lower down, Origins is a base of oils with an emulsifier).
The Origins tones down my redness, cleanses gently but thoroughly, and rinses away cleaner. The Origins is the cleanser I was seeking for nourishing my skin, removing the gunk, and leaving my skin less affected.
If you're heading towards a cleansing oil, of the two I've tried, I recommend the Boscia for more problematic skin that's going haywire (demonstrating reddness, plugs and congestion, overdrying and stripping from too many harsh chemicals). The Boscia decongested my skin, it felt like a detox-treatment for my skin. For someone with a very sensitive skin, this may be too thorough an approach right off the bat, but for me (extremely sensitive skin) I was at my wit's end and it cleaned up my skin in a short period of time. If you have very problematic, congested skin, you will have purging phase.
I cannot attest to that intense of an approach with Origins as I was not using it then. That said, for days when I am still seeking out a deep *yet gentle* clean feel, with more of a nourishing oil base, I head towards the Origins. If you're a drier type, someone who prefers a squeakier clean feel after cleansing and doesn't want a 2nd step of a cleanser afterwards, or someone brand new to the oil cleansers and that oily feel is going to freak you out, I recommend the Origins. Origins would be great for that less-problematic skin who still wants plugs removed.
In feel, the Boscia oil composition yields more of a slip feel, which I believe makes the plugs slip out easier, but the product can feel thinner with almost dare I say greasy touch that truly pulls the gunk out. The Origins feels like a nourishing oil treatment for your skin that also works to pull gunk out. I'm not certain if I'd recommend the Origins to someone prone to cystic acne without a deep purge cycle first, as the Boscia has an antiseptic feel that Origins lacks. My skin feels a little drier when I wake up after having used the Origins to cleanse the night before, so it would be good for someone who either wants to feel dry, doesn't want that oil-layer to balance out, or is going to layer moisture on over anyway.

I can't pick one over the other and plan to use both. I think I will get quite a bit of use out of the Origins in the warming months when I want a gentle cleanse and nothing remaining afterwards, and use the Boscia for a couple-times-a-week deep clean treatment. Nothing is going to do everything, and the last time I stuck to one cleanser, daily, for years straight, my skin went haywire, so I'm happy to alternate cleansers.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 3:08:00 AM More reviews by halimeade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Product: I have been using this product for about two or three weeks now. This is the first time I have used a cleansing oil, and while it was a bit of a hurdle to get used to applying a product without water, I have actually really been enjoying using this. Origins recs this for dry skin, but I find it works very well with my oily skin, too. It leaves my face soft and with no residue, and does a job of removing all traces of makeup (I do not wear 'long-wear' or waterproof products) and dirt/oil from my face. Do read the directions, though! If you don't use it right, I imagine it'd be totally ineffective.

Packaging: Very sturdy bottle. Buy the pump! Its cheap, reusable, and makes dispensing product so much easier. I use two pumps for each use, twice a day, and it looks like the bottle will easily last me a few months.

Price: Retails for about $18.50 at Origins. Considering the bottle is gonna last, I find the price average and worth it. Would definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by rebslo

I am so pleased an American company has produced a cleansing oil for us non oil phobic. I am an oil based cleaner convert and this product is quite nice, priced well considering the other imported options and is full of natural ingredients. The scent has a citris base and is pleasant. The product takes off makeup with ease and rinses off after water is added.
As others have noted, a pump included with the purchase of the bottle would be a plus.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by seasplash

I'm on a fence about this product. On one it's gentle and not drying, on the other it really doesn't really remove makeup all that well. I occasionally wear Revlon Colorstay and after massaging this all over my skin for about a minute and rinsing it off, there is still quite a lot of foundation left behind. Now, I probably wouldn't know that if I didn't follow up with my Caudalie cleansing water, which can get the last traces of anything off like nothing else out there. Seeing that this oil has such great reviews, I am wondering if most reviewers just think their skin is clean, when it reality it isn't. Believe me, I was shocked to see my cotton pad with yellow residue on it after using the micellar solution, since my skin looked clean in the mirror after using the oil.
All in all, not a bad product and I will try to finish the bottle, but I much prefer Dermalogica Precleanse to this, despite the efty price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 2:23:00 AM More reviews by lightchaser16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is hands-down the best make-up remover I've ever used. With my oily, acne-prone skin, I avoid any cleanser that looks like it might provoke a breakout, and oily products are not for me. I work long hours and wear foundation all day long sometimes, so was looking for a good cleanser to get all the gunk off at night. Although I was terrified of using cleansing oil, the staff at an Origins store in Hong Kong encouraged me to try Clean Energy and the packaging and bright colour were so appealing that I risked it.

Clean Energy actually does take off ALL your makeup - even stubborn, dark eye makeup - in one fell swoop. It leaves a glow on your skin as well. I love that I don't need cotton swipes to wipe off the product after use, water is just fine. I usually follow it up with a bit of Origins' A Perfect World foaming cleanser just to ensure all the oil's off (am a bit paranoid - this step is not really necessary, especially if you don't have oily skin) and voila, unbelievably clean, fresh skin. One bottle lasts several months (about four to five months of steady use) and while I do have a pump, I tend to use the product straight from the bottle (the screw cap makes it easier to carry when travelling as well, as opposed to the pump).

Will repurchase, without a doubt.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by kittymadam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I was looking for an alternative to DHC's Cleansing Oil. It's safe to say this is a great dupe.

First off: The package is horrible. Transfer it to a spray or squirt bottle, it will make your life easier and save you more product.

When life get's busy, this is a great cleanser to grab for your everything needs.

For make-up cleanser: This is comparable to DHC's oil. It removes the most difficult of all make-up's like waterproof eyeliner and lipstick stains.

For a facial cleanser: This is great for taking off the dirt and oil from your face.

For brush cleaner: Because it's oil based, I feel it's safe enough for me to use on my brushes without drying them out.

Notes: This is not to replace your 'target' cleansers... for example you should use an exfoliation scrub/cleanser ones a week. This does not replace that.
If you use a cleanser for your special oily skin, this does not replace that.
But then again, it can't possibly do EVERYTHING.

This is a great, all around, multi-purpose cleanser.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No