Origins Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

4.2

Olive Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Grape Seed Oil, PEG-25 Glyceryl Trioleate, Macadamia Seed Oil, Kukui Seed Oil, Sweet Orange Peel Oil, Lavandin Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Bergamot Fruit Oil, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Cedarwood Bark Oil, Patchouli Oil, Clary Sage Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Geranium Flower Oil, Australian Sandalwood Oil, Sandalwood Bark Oil, Linalool, Limonene, Sorbitan Trioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was running out of my Liz Earle's Clean and Polish and next door Origins was doing a deal on 2 skincare products with their Dr Weil's Mushroom Mask which I wanted to try for a long time so I decided to give up using Liz's product for a while and plunge ahead with Origin's cleansing oil.

This is my very first cleansing oil and I am already hooked. I have tried Shu Uemura's cleansing oils (samples of green, pink and clear ones) and I was not too impressed with it's greasines but this one is different. I am taking it off with Liz Earle's cloths and I also got myself a pump for the otherwise screw top opening bottle.

It takes my sunscreen and makeup off very well without leaving greasiness behind although my skin is a bit tight afterwards. Nevertheless skin is very clean but does not feel stripped.

I like the smell, the ingredients list and the whole idea of cleansing my dryskinned face with oil and also the price and packaging are very good.

A very good product, I need 5 small pumps for my face (I am taking my eye make up with a different product - an excellent Take the Day Off from Clinique) so I hope that 200 ml will last at least for several months.

I've tried a handful of cleansing oils, and I think this one is the best, for several reasons. (I've tried Josie Maran, Boscia, Babor and more). As for the Origins, you get the most for your money. Takes off all of my makeup easily, and cleanses my skin deeply, without any irritation. I have sensitive, combination, break-out prone skin. This did not worsen any of those issues. I've found with other oils, I have to rub, rub, rub to get my makeup off, but not this one. I find this cleanser to be pretty much aroma-free, and that's the only disappointing factor in my book (I love Origins for their amazing scents).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This product is $19.50 at Origins and origins.com. I've been using this for a few weeks, and have been comparing it to other oil cleansing systems. Thus far, this one reigns supreme. It does have a strong scent, but works very well at taking off makeup in just a few swipes. This also comes with a pump, which is nice. I use a few pumps on a large cotton round and then remove my makeup. It doesn't do the greatest job at removing eye makeup, though. I think this is a nice item to try if you don't mind some scent, and have some long wearing makeup to take off at the end of the day.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is for days/evenings where you have quite a bit of makeup to wash of. I love the after feeling as my face feels moist rather than striping the oils of my face that other cleasners sometimes do. I brought a pump... I had tried to pour the oil on my face however it was tricky and so easy to waste the product so highly recommend the pump. I usually use 2 pumps only.

This is a wonderful product! I've never had a cleansing oil that emulsified as well as this one. When was using Shu Uemura, Shiseido, and DHC cleansing oil, I had to use an additional facial cleanser to rinse off the oily residue. But for Clean Energy, I can completely skip that step. It leaves my skin feeling thoroughly clean, but not stripped of natural lipids. Also, another great thing about it is that it is NOT mineral oil based (Shu Uemura and Shiseido cleansing oils are all mineral oil based). This cleansing oil is natural and effective, what more can I ask for? And, it smells refreshing without artificial fragrance!

I use this cleansing oil on the days I wear a water-resistant sunscreen or foundation. I get less blackheads and my pores are cleaner and smaller. Because the viscosity is just right for a cleansing oil, not too runny not too thick, I only have to use about 1 pump for my entire face (Maybe an additional 1/2 pump when I am wearing heavy eye makeup). This bottle last me for months. It doesn't actually come with a pump (which is the only disadvantage of this product), but the pump was only $1 at the origins counter, so it was reasonable.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Disappointed with this. I was using the pure cream cleanser from Origins (which I still love) but I had a giftcard to use up so I thought I'd try this cleanser for my combo skin. What a disappointment. It dries out my skin immediately after washing it off. I've also noticed tiny zits on my nose for the past 2 days - and it could only be this as this is what I've been using for 2 days! Packaging is terrible. I'm glad it worked for other people, but it just didn't work for me. I will definitely be going back to my HG origins cream cleanser.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the way this smells!! It does a very good job at removing my makeup, and I no longer have to worry about my skin drying out. It leaves my skin soft and refreshed. Its doesn't leave an oily residue and washes off easily. Be sure to buy the pump, otherwise you'll have a hard time getting it out.

I recently purchased this at a Mac sale in Canada and i absoulutely am in love, however I cant find it in any stores. Does anyone know where I can find this in Ontario, Canada?

I have sensitive/ oily skin and thought I'd give this a try based on the reviews on here. At first, It made me break out a little on my forehead, but it wasnt that bad. I continued using it because it was really helping to hydrate the skin on my cheeks. However, I recently got a facial peel and used the products the esthetician gave me for a week so my skin would peel properly. After I finished those products, I went back to my normal routine with this cleansing oil. The whiteheads/little red bumps i saw before came back with a vengence :( I really wanted to like this though, its probably the essential oils (rosehip oil makes me break out too).

This is my HG makeup remover and I swear by this for removing all my makeup and sunscreen. I love how this cleansing oil does not contain mineral oil but natural oils instead, as mineral oil is a potentially pore-clogging ingredient. This takes away all traces of my makeup without making my sensitive acne-prone oily/combination skin feel tight or uncomfortable, and I have not had any breakouts or clogged pores from using this. The texture of this cleansing oil is also just right, as it is not too thick and sticky or too thin/watery. After I rub the oil all over my face for at least a minute, I would wet my hands and emulsify the oil before washing it off my face. Even though this leaves my skin feeling very clean, I still follow up with my regular cleanser, just to double cleanse my skin.
For those who find that the packaging of the bottle is inconvenient, you can actually buy the pump from the Origins counter. That way, you can use the pump for daily use, and when you are travelling, you can replace the pump with the cap that the bottle originally comes with. The dispenser of the pump also has a lock function so that there is no accidental spillage/squirting of product, and I find this very useful.
Price-wise, this cleansing oil leans on the more expensive side as I paid about SGD$35 for a bottle at an Origins counter, and about $2 for the pump. However, the bottle of cleansing oil is pretty huge so it lasts me quite a while. And since this does not break me out or clog my pores, and it does an EXCELLENT job of removing hard-to-remove makeup and thick sunscreen, this is worth the price. I would definitely re-purchase when I run out of this.