Origins Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

4.2

Olive Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Grape Seed Oil, PEG-25 Glyceryl Trioleate, Macadamia Seed Oil, Kukui Seed Oil, Sweet Orange Peel Oil, Lavandin Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Bergamot Fruit Oil, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Cedarwood Bark Oil, Patchouli Oil, Clary Sage Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Geranium Flower Oil, Australian Sandalwood Oil, Sandalwood Bark Oil, Linalool, Limonene, Sorbitan Trioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate

on 4/25/2011 9:59:00 AM

I've tried a handful of cleansing oils, and I think this one is the best, for several reasons. (I've tried Josie Maran, Boscia, Babor and more). As for the Origins, you get the most for your money. Takes off all of my makeup easily, and cleanses my skin deeply, without any irritation. I have sensitive, combination, break-out prone skin. This did not worsen any of those issues. I've found with other oils, I have to rub, rub, rub to get my makeup off, but not this one. I find this cleanser to be pretty much aroma-free, and that's the only disappointing factor in my book (I love Origins for their amazing scents).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This product is $19.50 at Origins and origins.com. I've been using this for a few weeks, and have been comparing it to other oil cleansing systems. Thus far, this one reigns supreme. It does have a strong scent, but works very well at taking off makeup in just a few swipes. This also comes with a pump, which is nice. I use a few pumps on a large cotton round and then remove my makeup. It doesn't do the greatest job at removing eye makeup, though. I think this is a nice item to try if you don't mind some scent, and have some long wearing makeup to take off at the end of the day.

on 4/16/2011 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is for days/evenings where you have quite a bit of makeup to wash of. I love the after feeling as my face feels moist rather than striping the oils of my face that other cleasners sometimes do. I brought a pump... I had tried to pour the oil on my face however it was tricky and so easy to waste the product so highly recommend the pump. I usually use 2 pumps only.

on 4/8/2011 7:27:00 PM

This is a wonderful product! I've never had a cleansing oil that emulsified as well as this one. When was using Shu Uemura, Shiseido, and DHC cleansing oil, I had to use an additional facial cleanser to rinse off the oily residue. But for Clean Energy, I can completely skip that step. It leaves my skin feeling thoroughly clean, but not stripped of natural lipids. Also, another great thing about it is that it is NOT mineral oil based (Shu Uemura and Shiseido cleansing oils are all mineral oil based). This cleansing oil is natural and effective, what more can I ask for? And, it smells refreshing without artificial fragrance!

I use this cleansing oil on the days I wear a water-resistant sunscreen or foundation. I get less blackheads and my pores are cleaner and smaller. Because the viscosity is just right for a cleansing oil, not too runny not too thick, I only have to use about 1 pump for my entire face (Maybe an additional 1/2 pump when I am wearing heavy eye makeup). This bottle last me for months. It doesn't actually come with a pump (which is the only disadvantage of this product), but the pump was only $1 at the origins counter, so it was reasonable.

on 3/30/2011 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Disappointed with this. I was using the pure cream cleanser from Origins (which I still love) but I had a giftcard to use up so I thought I'd try this cleanser for my combo skin. What a disappointment. It dries out my skin immediately after washing it off. I've also noticed tiny zits on my nose for the past 2 days - and it could only be this as this is what I've been using for 2 days! Packaging is terrible. I'm glad it worked for other people, but it just didn't work for me. I will definitely be going back to my HG origins cream cleanser.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the way this smells!! It does a very good job at removing my makeup, and I no longer have to worry about my skin drying out. It leaves my skin soft and refreshed. Its doesn't leave an oily residue and washes off easily. Be sure to buy the pump, otherwise you'll have a hard time getting it out.

on 3/14/2011 8:45:00 PM

I recently purchased this at a Mac sale in Canada and i absoulutely am in love, however I cant find it in any stores. Does anyone know where I can find this in Ontario, Canada?

on 3/1/2011 4:01:00 PM

I have sensitive/ oily skin and thought I'd give this a try based on the reviews on here. At first, It made me break out a little on my forehead, but it wasnt that bad. I continued using it because it was really helping to hydrate the skin on my cheeks. However, I recently got a facial peel and used the products the esthetician gave me for a week so my skin would peel properly. After I finished those products, I went back to my normal routine with this cleansing oil. The whiteheads/little red bumps i saw before came back with a vengence :( I really wanted to like this though, its probably the essential oils (rosehip oil makes me break out too).

This is my HG makeup remover and I swear by this for removing all my makeup and sunscreen. I love how this cleansing oil does not contain mineral oil but natural oils instead, as mineral oil is a potentially pore-clogging ingredient. This takes away all traces of my makeup without making my sensitive acne-prone oily/combination skin feel tight or uncomfortable, and I have not had any breakouts or clogged pores from using this. The texture of this cleansing oil is also just right, as it is not too thick and sticky or too thin/watery. After I rub the oil all over my face for at least a minute, I would wet my hands and emulsify the oil before washing it off my face. Even though this leaves my skin feeling very clean, I still follow up with my regular cleanser, just to double cleanse my skin.
For those who find that the packaging of the bottle is inconvenient, you can actually buy the pump from the Origins counter. That way, you can use the pump for daily use, and when you are travelling, you can replace the pump with the cap that the bottle originally comes with. The dispenser of the pump also has a lock function so that there is no accidental spillage/squirting of product, and I find this very useful.
Price-wise, this cleansing oil leans on the more expensive side as I paid about SGD$35 for a bottle at an Origins counter, and about $2 for the pump. However, the bottle of cleansing oil is pretty huge so it lasts me quite a while. And since this does not break me out or clog my pores, and it does an EXCELLENT job of removing hard-to-remove makeup and thick sunscreen, this is worth the price. I would definitely re-purchase when I run out of this.

on 2/18/2011 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This is my second cleansing oil I've used. Boscia's was prior to this. I've been using cleansing oils after it felt like the top layer of my skin was drying out, but nothing was getting into the pore to clear it. I believe the drying cleanser I was using (which was working well a few years ago when my skin was oilier), was overdrying and almost making the sebum plugs even harder to remove. Gross I know. But I would then layer on a heavier oil/moisturizer to counteract the surface drying, only to compound the congestion in my pores. My skin felt like a mess and I can honestly say that cleansing oils (and oils as a post-wash treatment) have taken my skin 180 degrees. I absolutely recommend any cleansing oil, to anyone, most are very similar but the nuances can make or break your experience.

I can only compare Origins with Boscia's:
both have been able to remove the sebum plugs.
Origins seems to rinse a little cleaner and I prefer the ingredient profile on Origins.
My skin seems calmer after using the Origins and while both give an effective clean, I believe this is just slightly less thorough/aggressive than the Boscia.
I used the Bosica (Make-Up Break Up) during my purging phase, so I cannot tellif the redness I was experiencing was due to the menthol or the intense massaging and steaming I was doing, but between the two, I'd recommend the Boscia if your skin is going haywire and the plugs are more tenacious, and you've been beating up your skin with drying/aggressive treatments. The Boscia gave a deeper cleanse and left me with something of a layer that felt uncomfortable at first, but I wore it for a day and once realized how much it was toning down my own oil production I fell in love.
However, I switched over to the Origins for daily use, as stated above because of the lovely oil profile, but also because at times the Boscia felt so correcting, sometimes you need something a little more gentle (Boscia is a base of emulsifiers with oils listed lower down, Origins is a base of oils with an emulsifier).
The Origins tones down my redness, cleanses gently but thoroughly, and rinses away cleaner. The Origins is the cleanser I was seeking for nourishing my skin, removing the gunk, and leaving my skin less affected.
If you're heading towards a cleansing oil, of the two I've tried, I recommend the Boscia for more problematic skin that's going haywire (demonstrating reddness, plugs and congestion, overdrying and stripping from too many harsh chemicals). The Boscia decongested my skin, it felt like a detox-treatment for my skin. For someone with a very sensitive skin, this may be too thorough an approach right off the bat, but for me (extremely sensitive skin) I was at my wit's end and it cleaned up my skin in a short period of time. If you have very problematic, congested skin, you will have purging phase.
I cannot attest to that intense of an approach with Origins as I was not using it then. That said, for days when I am still seeking out a deep *yet gentle* clean feel, with more of a nourishing oil base, I head towards the Origins. If you're a drier type, someone who prefers a squeakier clean feel after cleansing and doesn't want a 2nd step of a cleanser afterwards, or someone brand new to the oil cleansers and that oily feel is going to freak you out, I recommend the Origins. Origins would be great for that less-problematic skin who still wants plugs removed.
In feel, the Boscia oil composition yields more of a slip feel, which I believe makes the plugs slip out easier, but the product can feel thinner with almost dare I say greasy touch that truly pulls the gunk out. The Origins feels like a nourishing oil treatment for your skin that also works to pull gunk out. I'm not certain if I'd recommend the Origins to someone prone to cystic acne without a deep purge cycle first, as the Boscia has an antiseptic feel that Origins lacks. My skin feels a little drier when I wake up after having used the Origins to cleanse the night before, so it would be good for someone who either wants to feel dry, doesn't want that oil-layer to balance out, or is going to layer moisture on over anyway.

I can't pick one over the other and plan to use both. I think I will get quite a bit of use out of the Origins in the warming months when I want a gentle cleanse and nothing remaining afterwards, and use the Boscia for a couple-times-a-week deep clean treatment. Nothing is going to do everything, and the last time I stuck to one cleanser, daily, for years straight, my skin went haywire, so I'm happy to alternate cleansers.