September 23, 2014 | 946 users online

Lotions/ Creams - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea butter

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2011 9:25:00 AM More reviews by rasputin7261

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

i rarely write reviews, but this stuff is worth it! i have super dry skin and this makes me soft and the smell is fantastic. the scent doesn't really last though, but it's great for a few hours after you put it on. i haven't tried it in the winter yet (which is the true test) but so far its very moisturizing - and dirt cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by MidoriMelon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this lotion. It's natural, light, and very moisturizing. It has a refreshing scent. Everyone compliments the smell. It works on my dry skin and also on my boyfriend's super dry skin. It's amazing. The container is big for the small price. I love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Picked this up on a whim and was super pleased with it. It is a light-weight, moisturizing and softly scented lotion. Perfect for applying right out of the shower in the summer. It absorbs quickly and is not at all irritating (though it does contain cones...if you have allergies, not for you). It is very affordable and comes in a good-sized container. Definitely a great d/s moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This is a great body lotion for semi-dry skin! It absorbs easily and doesn't leave greasy traces. The light-weight formula also has a soft subtle scent, so good for those sensitive to smells in lotions etc.. Good price too! About $7 NZD for a huge pump bottle which will last me for quite sometime.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by jasminekvuong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

best lotion everrrr. this is the only kind of lotion i use. ive been using this lotion for about two years now... it makes your skin super soft. im never ashy. good shitt (y)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

There's always a bottle of this kicking around my house. It's my mom's and my sister's favourite. I love all of the St. Ives moisturizer lotions that I have tried. This one, Collagen Elastin, Skin Firming, Vitamin E, Swiss Vanilla, etc. I think I have tried almost all of them... and I haven't found one that I have disliked. I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I know I have very soft skin. It's because I moisturize all the time. More than once a day. If I'm sitting at the computer - I am moisturizing, if I am watching TV, I am moisturizing. When I wake up, when I go to bed, after my shower, after being outside. I seem to always be moisturizing. Every season. And my choice of moisturizer is St. Ives. I go through quite a bit, but the big bottles (600ml) are around $3-5(CAD). Such a low price for such a great product. : )

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this stuff, but I really wish they'd just be honest on the packaging and, instead of espousing the awesome natural-ness of the contents, flat out tell you that it's soothing and moisturizing because of mineral oil. Shea butter is about midway through the ingredient list, and oatmeal is *dead last*--after all the red and blue coloring used to turn this lotion a creamy white. That's how contributory it is. I'm not the biggest fan of mineral oil in theory, but this lotion is amazing on my reactive, dry skin, so I overlook it (and pretty much everything comes in plastic cartons anyway, so how picky can I be?). It's non-greasy, smells amazing, and leaves my skin soft and comfortable. It's also amazingly cheap for the quantity. And they have formalized their anti-vivisection policy. I will repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lotion made my skin the softest it had ever been in my life. I would just smear it on everyday right out of the shower and in about a week, I was already getting compliments from my boyfriend about how soft my skin was :) The only thing I don't like about this product is that as you get towards the end of the bottle, the pump stops working and there is still a good amound left so you have to store it in a jar or something. But besides that, I will be repurchasing this product over and over again. I hope they never ever discontinue this product! Thanks st. ives!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My legs gets really dry and itchy and all my other lotions weren't helping. This is a great body moisturizer that helped soothe my dry skin. I have occasionally used it on very dry patches on my face- used lightly, it works well.
Pros:
Goes on smoothly, light fragrance, calms, absorbs quickly, moisturizes, generous amount for around $5, pump container
Cons:
None

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have pretty bad eczema on my arms,hands,and a little bit on my feet, and i found that the old products that my mother would use, they helped, but the smell, was HORRID, so i tried this one. And It calms down my skin, and it smells, amazing, Its not Super hydrating, but it still gives some good benifits, I normally put this on, just out of the shower, i fin it works bet then for me.