April 20, 2014 | 1864 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

When I first got this I hated it. The brush that came with it was next to useless and didn't give me a precise line. Once I swapped it for another brush, I started to like this product. Until a few months later I noticed it had already dried out. Most of it wound up in the trash thanks to this, so I am going back to my liquid liner, which I can get many months of use out of.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2010 5:36:00 AM More reviews by uzbekchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wonder if people here talk about the same product leaving these nice reviews. This gel liner is NOT super black (my pencil liner leaves a darker line than this). It is flakey and not easy to apply. But the MAIN problem is that it is IMPOSSIBLE TO REMOVE. I tried eye make-up remover, foaming face wash, soap, baby oil, you name it. Nothing works!!!
Stay away from this product!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

I love this liner! This is my first foray into gel eye liners, and I'm pleased with the lasting power and the lack of smearing or flaking. But definitely toss out that little brush they give you and buy a separate eye liner brush! I get a much cleaner application and a thinner line that way. Also, this liner goes on very smoothly. It's not a product where I have to keep redrawing the line to get it to show up. Overall, amazing in every way for a drugstore product! I don't even need to look at high end versions after trying this!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Marchoiness88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I'm known as the Queen of dollar makeup lol. All my sorority sisters use MAC, MUFE, and Inglot. Im broke so shelling out 12 bucks for eyeliner took a lot but boy am I happy I did. The fact that it even stayed on my waterline was awesome. The only reason that I gave it a 4 was because its messy to put on and its hard to take off. But it stays on my water eyes and doesn't move

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 5:40:00 AM More reviews by sweetheart_xo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first cream eyeliner product I've used, but I can say with confidence that I won't be using anything else :) this has a very intense, rich pigment that stays on all day with minimal smudging or wearing off. I normally apply it with the brush it came with (I quite like it, actually.. I feel it being small gives me more control) or my own angled eyeliner brush. I do find this a bit hard to remove, but for its long-wearing quality and unbeatable colour, it's not too big of a complain. This does tend to dry out quickly, too, so I recommend you don't leave the little jar open while applying it. This also isn't stocked in Australia, so I had to buy it online, but from memory it didn't cost more than AU$10. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by angelicautrey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this product in black and have used it twice. It glides on easily, has great staying power and I use it in combination with Loreal's loose kohl. The cream eyeliner works best on the top lid above the eyelashes, and the kohl powder works best on the waterline. I do not like the applicators for either product. The cream eyeliner brush (included with product), was not enough for me to work with, the handle was way too short. Trash it and get a longer handled brush with more control. The applicator for the Khol loose powder curled up. Chunk the applicators for both of these products and I think you will be well pleased, especially when comparing the price to Mac.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by lovetwins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a dupe for MAC fluidline, I've never used it but I've watched a ton of tutorials using it and I wanted some. There isn't a MAC counter near me and I pretty much love instant makeup gratification ;) so I went and got the L'Oreal HIP gel eyeliner. Overall, I like it. the only downside is the fall-out while applying. It's hard to describe but it's like black ball like thingys fall onto my cheeks while applying. I can brush them off fine and as long as it doesn't fall into my eyes then it's alright. I have VERY sensitive eyes.

When I run out of this, I am going to purchase the Fluidline so I can compare.

Edit*** Ok, the fallout is so bad that I've basically stopped wearing it. I have uber sensitive eyes and the last time I wore it (with an always clean brush), it was so irritating I couldn't wait to get it off. I won't be buying this product again. I like the Maybelline gel liner much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by amyfairy

meh. I have used both the mac and stila cream liners and they are both much better in my opinion. I bought this when Stila was temporarily closing. I loved my black smudge pot but had accidentally let it dry out. This was cheap and I hoped it would be a more economical replacement. 6+ months later, I can officially say I just don't like it.

Maybe this would work well for someone who is more skilled and careful with makeup application. Personally, I don't like to spend more than 10 minutes doing my makeup, pretty much ever, and this stuff is just too difficult to control. I can pretty much always get a fairly stable and contiguous line with stila or mac but not this - I am always over-applying and/or getting jagged lines with it. I think it's just too thin/wet. It also doesn't stay put as well or as long in my opinion. Plus, it's so much softer that you use more with each application. Stila and mac pots last forever (so much so that they dry out before you can finish 'em if you aren't careful).

Hey, if you've never used the fancier brands and you have crazy steady hands and patience, this might work for you. It does create a nice thick, dark line. If you have the cash though, I highly recommend stepping it up to stila or mac.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 6:21:00 AM More reviews by xSinnocencex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far out of all of the eyeliners (Liquid, pencil, stick, cream, gel, etc.) I've used, this has been my absolute favorite. It is a little pricey for a drugstore brand, but it's a good amount of product. The black is true black, dark and rich. The formula goes on creamy and doesn't really flake like some do as they dry. I've worked 9 hour shifts in a hot kitchen with this eyeliner on, went to bed to tired to take it off, and it still looked perfect when I woke up. However, I do recommend a primer to help it stay put even better.

As a side note, the brush included is horrid. I found it rough and coarse and decided against using it. Any regular liner brush will be your best bet.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by rieradom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The color, consistency, and staying power is fabulous, but there are cons. The brush that comes with it is stiff and really a hindrance. I went to Sephora and bought a Sephora brand gel liner brush which works wonderfully and makes thinner lines. I do use this almost every day, but the product has dried so much even though there is a lot left. I'm still on the fence about buying it again, but I loved it while it was still workable.