August 30, 2014 | 1773 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wipes the floor with Maybelline and Loreal Eyestudio. I wouldn't know about more expensive brands because I don't like to spend much on eye makeup.
This is a great liner. It goes on smoothly and stays on all day, although removing it requires some patience. I like the brush that comes with it, but it draws a pretty thick line, so if you're going for a subtler look you'll want to use a different brush. This is my favorite eyeliner that I own.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Chele05

For anyone that likes the winged eyeliner look, this is a great alternative to liquid liner. This cream liner goes on smoothly and is very pigmented, so it's super easy to use and much faster than liqud liner. I'm surprised at alll the negative reviews, and the fact that so many people hate the little brush it comes. Although it would work great with a different liner brush, I actually like it and find it easy to use (but then again, I mastered liquid liner - without resting my elbow on anything - a long time ago, so that might make anything else seem easy). I like that it's rather stiff (but not hard) because it helps the line go on straight, and I like that it's angled because it's makes winging the liner a cinch. As for people saying the brush is pokey and hurts: the only times the brush has ever hurt me is when I haven't cleaned it well after use, and some of the product has dried and hardened on it. Make sure to keep it clean, and it shouldn't be much of an issue.

The longevity of this liner is excellent! No smudging, smearing, or fading. Yes, the removal of it isn't easy, but it's not much harder to remove than most waterproof eye products. Nothing some eye make-up remover ( for waterproof make-up) and a little vaseline won't remove.

It's true that this product dries out over time, but it has usually taken a couple of months of use before I notice any serious dryness, and that's that I use this liner a minimum of 3 times a week. Here's someting that's worked for me to restore creaminess: add a drop of baby oil to the liner and let it absorb over night, or simply mix it in with a toothpick; mixing it might make the liner look messy in the pot, but it should turn back into its creamy, heavily pigmented self.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by dragonfly16

Like many reviewers have said the brush that comes with this package is too thick, you could prob do some major damage to the sensitive skin around your eyelid, so i opted to use it as a brow brush, which works really nice. I got the black color & it's really pigmented. Thus, I normally don't wear this on a daily basis, bc it's too intense for a day at the office for me. Plus, i literally have to wash my brush every day bc it gets all stiffen up after every use (from the prod getting dried) which becomes annoying after a while. In addition, my pot dried up after a couple of months, at which point it was such a pain to get any product out. I need to scoop some out of the pot, warm it up on the back on my hand to get it creamy again, so i just tossed it away. Back to the pencils and liquid liner i go.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

When I first got this I hated it. The brush that came with it was next to useless and didn't give me a precise line. Once I swapped it for another brush, I started to like this product. Until a few months later I noticed it had already dried out. Most of it wound up in the trash thanks to this, so I am going back to my liquid liner, which I can get many months of use out of.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2010 5:36:00 AM More reviews by uzbekchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wonder if people here talk about the same product leaving these nice reviews. This gel liner is NOT super black (my pencil liner leaves a darker line than this). It is flakey and not easy to apply. But the MAIN problem is that it is IMPOSSIBLE TO REMOVE. I tried eye make-up remover, foaming face wash, soap, baby oil, you name it. Nothing works!!!
Stay away from this product!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Marchoiness88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I'm known as the Queen of dollar makeup lol. All my sorority sisters use MAC, MUFE, and Inglot. Im broke so shelling out 12 bucks for eyeliner took a lot but boy am I happy I did. The fact that it even stayed on my waterline was awesome. The only reason that I gave it a 4 was because its messy to put on and its hard to take off. But it stays on my water eyes and doesn't move

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 5:40:00 AM More reviews by sweetheart_xo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first cream eyeliner product I've used, but I can say with confidence that I won't be using anything else :) this has a very intense, rich pigment that stays on all day with minimal smudging or wearing off. I normally apply it with the brush it came with (I quite like it, actually.. I feel it being small gives me more control) or my own angled eyeliner brush. I do find this a bit hard to remove, but for its long-wearing quality and unbeatable colour, it's not too big of a complain. This does tend to dry out quickly, too, so I recommend you don't leave the little jar open while applying it. This also isn't stocked in Australia, so I had to buy it online, but from memory it didn't cost more than AU$10. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by angelicautrey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this product in black and have used it twice. It glides on easily, has great staying power and I use it in combination with Loreal's loose kohl. The cream eyeliner works best on the top lid above the eyelashes, and the kohl powder works best on the waterline. I do not like the applicators for either product. The cream eyeliner brush (included with product), was not enough for me to work with, the handle was way too short. Trash it and get a longer handled brush with more control. The applicator for the Khol loose powder curled up. Chunk the applicators for both of these products and I think you will be well pleased, especially when comparing the price to Mac.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by lovetwins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a dupe for MAC fluidline, I've never used it but I've watched a ton of tutorials using it and I wanted some. There isn't a MAC counter near me and I pretty much love instant makeup gratification ;) so I went and got the L'Oreal HIP gel eyeliner. Overall, I like it. the only downside is the fall-out while applying. It's hard to describe but it's like black ball like thingys fall onto my cheeks while applying. I can brush them off fine and as long as it doesn't fall into my eyes then it's alright. I have VERY sensitive eyes.

When I run out of this, I am going to purchase the Fluidline so I can compare.

Edit*** Ok, the fallout is so bad that I've basically stopped wearing it. I have uber sensitive eyes and the last time I wore it (with an always clean brush), it was so irritating I couldn't wait to get it off. I won't be buying this product again. I like the Maybelline gel liner much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by amyfairy

meh. I have used both the mac and stila cream liners and they are both much better in my opinion. I bought this when Stila was temporarily closing. I loved my black smudge pot but had accidentally let it dry out. This was cheap and I hoped it would be a more economical replacement. 6+ months later, I can officially say I just don't like it.

Maybe this would work well for someone who is more skilled and careful with makeup application. Personally, I don't like to spend more than 10 minutes doing my makeup, pretty much ever, and this stuff is just too difficult to control. I can pretty much always get a fairly stable and contiguous line with stila or mac but not this - I am always over-applying and/or getting jagged lines with it. I think it's just too thin/wet. It also doesn't stay put as well or as long in my opinion. Plus, it's so much softer that you use more with each application. Stila and mac pots last forever (so much so that they dry out before you can finish 'em if you aren't careful).

Hey, if you've never used the fancier brands and you have crazy steady hands and patience, this might work for you. It does create a nice thick, dark line. If you have the cash though, I highly recommend stepping it up to stila or mac.