Prada Infusion d'Iris EDP

3.9

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was drawn to the unique scent of this fragrance. I'm sick unto death of the fruity floral trend and so any time I can find a nice floral of any variety, be it "clean" or "1000 flowers" type, I'm always pleased to get something that doesn't smell like everything else and this was a refreshing find. I was first introduced to it b/c of an extra in another fragrance swap and Guess64 kindly included a sample vial. After a single wearing, I picked up a used 50 ml EDP from eBay.

___________________________________________________________

I'm not really a bottle collector, and have no issue tossing them out when the juice is done. I can however appreciate their design. I like the clean lines of this one, simple, understated, but with a bit of flair in the engraved Prada seal on the front. The info label is printed on a light green paper label on the side of the bottle, as opposed to the base and the lid is embellished with the same paper wrap as the label. The only drawback I can see to this is that eventually smudges and fingerprints will accumulate on this, especially if it is a persons signature fragrance and would probably look dirty.

___________________________________________________________

The juice, to my nose, is pretty linear. What is smells like in the bottle and the initial spray, is what it smells like on the skin/clothes. While the notes are described as, "mandarin, galbanum, orange and orange blossom which lead to the heart composed of iris, cedar and vetiver. The base is composed of incense and benzoin," I mostly pick up on the iris, benzoin, cedar, and a bit of the incense with the mandarin wafting in and out. To me, it's a wonderful blend that smells clean, herbal, and earthy all at the same time, which is splendid since I rarely find those fragrances appealing to my taste.

___________________________________________________________

The sillage of this is pretty minimal and it stayed close to my skin. A review I had read of this stated that it was somewhat weak for an EDP, and that was my feeling as well. Typically I'll do three sprays of most fragrances (wrist, neck, back of neck) and I can smell it for at least 3-4 hours as my body chemistry renders most fragrances inert in an infuriatingly short amount of time. After 20 minutes I could barely notice it at all and so I doubled the sprays and it smelled like I believed it ought to. Now the interesting thing about this fragrance is that once it dries down, even when doubling it up, it seems to disappear, then suddenly it makes a comeback. It seemed to do this throughout the evening, having applied it about 5:15 at night and heading to a dinner party that lasted till 8:30. The only downside is that once I got home at about 9:00, I couldn't smell it at all. It was COMPLETELY gone, with not even that faint whiff that clings to almost every other fragrance I own.

___________________________________________________________

In all, it's very pleasant though I probably won't but it again. My 50 ml bottle will last me several years and live happily in my hallway perfume cabinet with the other bottles that i pull out a few times a year to douse myself with.

___________________________________________________________

If you're considering purchasing this blind, I encourage you to seek out a sample or decant first, then pick it up from one of the online discounters, www.perfumezone.net carries it for a bit over 25% off and of course, eBay can be patrolled for amazing deals that pop up from time to time (I got my almost completely full "used" 50 ml for less than $25 even after shipping).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Infusion d'Iris has broken my previously marked dislike of "powdery" fragrances. I simply love it, and I'm not sure why, considering it's really not in my normal genre of perfume. It's light, airy, and somehow still reminiscent of incense at the same time. Once my miniature is done, I'll definitely be looking to buy a full sized bottle.

This smells Soap-y. A big white bar of old fashioned bathroom soap. I am wearing a sample of this today. I guess I don't get what the big deal is. It's just OK... not gonna buy a FB.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A light but sophisticated, powdery scent. On my skin, it starts out citrusy, then melds into a light floral, with a hint of incense and powder in the drydown. I always wear it to work, or whenever I want to smell fresh but with a hint of sophistication.

I love the lightness of floral. This is a delicate, complicated, and a very grown up scent. You've graduated from the cloying perfumes of your teen yrs with this fragrance.

This has become my favourite scent because of its citric, woodsy freshness. It's got a lovely soft iris scent, but it's not too floral. The only downside for me is that it doesn't last as long as a lot of other EDPs - after a few hours, I find the fresh top notes have gone, although the sweeter base notes last while. Well worth a refresh spray! A beautiful, fresh but very feminine scent.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This fragrance is my new HG. And trust me when I say that that statement is one that I almost NEVER make. It is clean, refined, lightly floral and fresh. My only complaint is the fact that it disappears so quickly. Why oh why Prada must you play with my emotions?! The drydown moves flawlessly from top to bottom. The quality in the ingredients as well as the composition is amazing. But like I said, the staying power is minimal at best and for that I've knocked off a lippie :/

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this on a recent trip to Rome and I fell in love with it. To me, it starts off smelling like Johnssons baby shampoo. As it dries down it becomes powdery and light. I can't stop smelling it and my boyfriend loves it too, and he HATES perfume. Highly reccomend it.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

This goes straight into my top 10. I'd liked the idea of iris for years but never bought one, and always thought that Prada fragrances were prohibitively pricey. Tested it a couple of weeks ago and was immediately taken aback by the elegance, coolness and facets of this. Loved especially the vetiver and slight unisex edge. It was light, like many had said, yet there was something tenacious, familiar and amazingly comfortable in the drydown that still never lost its slight distance. Infusion d'Iris is like someone you know intimately who retains a little mystery that keeps you hooked.
I had to get the big 6 oz. bottle (an amazing deal really) - like my HG Cabochard, it's so me, and I never want to be without it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is my go-to perfume for spring and summer. It is fresh and light, and I always get compliments when I wear it. I must admit, I'm a sucker for nice packaging, and I love the way this bottle looks lined up with all my perfumes, or peeking out of my makeup bag. I would agree that it doesn't last a super long time, but I wouldn't say it's any shorter-lasting than other EDPs out there. Just take it with you and admire the bottle when you touch up.

Popular Fragrances