April 24, 2014 | 1876 users online

Fragrances - Prada - Infusion d'Iris EDP

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2011 10:03:00 AM More reviews by dmoyer

Don't get all the hype!! Thanks goodness I got a sample of this from Sephora. All I can say is Stink! Stank! Stunk!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this perfume. It's different from the other things out there. I was looking for something young, in an european kind of way and not the screechingly loud miley cyrus type of young, and this comes pretty close.

It is really soft, and slightly powdery. When you smell it up close, there's a slight bitterness to it, but I like that. It reminds me of Paris Fashion Week. I don't know why, but it evokes the image of the Grand Palais.

It lasts pretty well on me. I put this on, took a shower 4 hours later, and I could still smell it after that. Plus, I have dry skin, so I don't know why other people say this doesn't last. Perfume is supposed to last longer on moisturised skin?

I only gave this 4 lippies even though I would buy it again is because it doesn't exactly give me what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something that is slightly more natural.

The sephora SA said this doesn't sell very well and that's a MAJOR PLUS for me. I don't like having the same fragrance as everyone else (ala coco mademoiselle).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

My experience with this has been negative. Every time I am reminded of this product I think of this story.
I was SO excited to try this upon its debut, available only at Neiman Marcus. On a trip to the city I went out of my way to go to a Neiman Marcus just to buy this.
My plebeian Visa card (with an unused $6,500 limit) was completely unacceptable at Neiman Marcus and their apparent 'NO POORS!' policy. I'm surprised they didn't have security escort me out for being so 'working class'.
So anyway I was too tired to go to an ATM for the cash and by that point disenchanted with their pretentious elitism.
And for that I will never buy anything Prada or anything from Neiman Marcus.
(But yeah, I did try on the perfume before I attempted to purchase it and it was pleasant, soft, very subtle and it faded SO FAST {and it's a PARFUM?!} so I don't think I'm really missing out)
Don't bother buying this unless you are ostentatious and gauche enough to also own $1200 cashmere pajamas, couture everything, and a Maybach to go with it or you'll never be good enough for anything Prada!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by bookwyrmsmith

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this scent! A fellow basenoter kindly sent me some samples -it was love at first try! Iris has for so long been very hard to produce for perfumery that it gives a elegant moneied air to the wearer -even when you're wearing jeans and a tee! I love the lotion too -I bought a giftset at a discounter.I find that I also like -well everything else I've tried from the line so far -mens too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by love4animals

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gone through quite a few samples of d'Iris and Ive been putting off buying this scent as Im not sure its got lasting power. But Im currently being haunted by this delicate beauty of a perfume. Just when I thought I had it out of my mind, I sat and read an article in Vanity Fair, and then noticed that there was an ad for Infusion d'Iris with a flip out for sniffing. I sniffed it and ahhhhhhh gorgeous. I put the mag down so I could read something else and I kept smelling occasional wafts from the scent strip. In a state of unawareness I forgot that it was the Prada I was smelling. Im starting to think I need a full bottle.

If I could use one word to describe this perfume I would call it soothing. Its crisp, herbal, and green like character makes me feel at ease. Its like being outside on a perfect summer day with all the smells of nature passing by you and conjuring up fleeting emotions of pure joy.

As far as my issue with longevity, I think that sometimes my body chemistry needs some time to get used to wearing the perfume before the perfume with finally stick. This happened to me with some of my other perfumes. I see a bottle of d'Iris sitting on my vanity in the near future.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by aresbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice, soft floral scent. It last long on me and I get compliments when I wear it. Love it for Spring/Summer months. Not overpowering. I cant really compare it to anything but my other favs are Issey Miyake and gucci envy for reference.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Freyamarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Infusion d'Iris smells light and green, but in a soft, warm way. (Unlike the cool, watery greens of Issey Miyake, for example.) It contains iris, jasmin and orange blossom with a base of vetiver, cedar, benzoin and insence. I'm assuming the base provides the comforting warmness I'm sensing.

This is the only perfume I'm comfortable wearing to university. The warm greenness grounds me and helps me focus, and I never have to worry that this perfume will distract or offend anyone around me.

For years I was too young for this - it kept boring me. Now, at 24, I'm suddenly appreciating it's sheer subtleness. If you like me aren't a fan of watery notes, Clinique Happy or Light Blue, then I'd suggest Infusion d'Iris for a subdued, inoffensive yet unique everyday scent.

I've seen several people use the word "aloof" when trying to capture what this perfume is about. I think it's spot on: Not aloof in a mysterious, intriguing way, but in a slightly absentminded, dreamy, mellow way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this scent on me. It agrees with my body chemistry and lasts quite a while. To me it smells like very expensive french milled soap. very clean and a bit powdery - just so good! This is a perfect daytime at the office scent i could not see it offending anyone. beautiful bottle, gorgeous sent. so pretty and grown up (but not old lady!)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by stella84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

God I absolutely adore this scent. I just can't get enough of it! For me, it's the perfect mix of grown up sophistication and fresh clean sparkle. I love the underlying 'powderiness' of this. Unlike a lot of commercial perfumes, it really has a lot of depth, and evolves throughout the day, layer by layer. It has a lot of charisma. As for lasting power, most perfumes last about 2 hours on me, this lasts through my entire work day, until I get home. Fair enough by that time it is only a linger on my skin, but at least it's still there unlike most others! I can't stop smelling my wrist when I wear this, it's just heaven, not too heavy, not too light. I will buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:21:00 AM More reviews by sumptousme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i fell in LOVE...sigh...but i'm a huge fan of fresh notes and this one fits the bill-it has a distinctive clean n pure vibe that i adore...love love love
ps-burburry sheer is another all time fav