OPI Russian Navy

4.6

on 11/11/2010 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Like so many others, I bought this in hopes of wearing a deep purple color. I was surprised to learn that it is a deep, shimmery navy blue (hence the name, I guess!), but when I looked closer, I fell in love with this polish! It doesn't look black at all on my nails, and I think it's the perfect elegant color for autumn.

on 11/11/2010 1:39:00 PM

Very misleading from looking at the bottle. I thought it was a deep purple color. Instead, it is a deep, dark blue that only shows purple shimmer in good lighting.

on 11/7/2010 10:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Absolutely beautiful in the bottle, looks like plain old black polish on the nails.

on 10/28/2010 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

My fav OPI shade, I could wear it forever. It's a sexy deep blue thats trendy and classic.

on 10/28/2010 2:46:00 AM

Whe this color first came out I wore it for about six months straight and still do every once in awhile. It's the perfect dark blue and a great fall color. Definitely a must have in your collection. I would definitely repurchase if and when I ever finish my first bottle.

on 10/28/2010 1:25:00 AM

Russian Navy might be my favorite color. It is absolutely gorgeous on. Two coats is really all you need. The shiny factor makes it even better. The navy shade is very sophisticated though it has been mistaken for black before (I don't see it but other have said this to me). In my experience it looks best on a medium length nail, more on the shorter side but not too short as it somehow makes the nail look a bit smaller.

on 10/16/2010 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Haha, I bought this thinking I was buying a dark bluish purple, and ended up with a dark shimmery blue on my nails. Regardless of that trickiness, this is a gorgeous color. So deep and shimmery with two coats. Classic OPI quality with rich color, smooth application and long wear. This color seems very "in" right. I'm loving dark polishes this fall/winter season, and this is a great trendy alternative to dark red. Looks great on short nails and since its so dark and jewel toned, it looks very classy, and not a tacky shade of blue at all.

on 10/13/2010 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Very misleading from looking at the bottle. You'd think it would be a gorgeous deep navy blue with a strong purple/pink shimmer. Unfortunately the pink and purple don't show at all, you really have to examine your nails in good lighting to see it. Still a gorgeous colour, but not as unique as it looks in the bottle.

The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is because on the nails it ends up looking very similar to my all time favourite colour, Yoga-Ta Get This Blue! That colour is amazing so it's not worth having a sub-standard version of it as well.

on 10/3/2010 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm so in love with this nail polish. I normally wouldn't do glittery nail polishes (I just recently started getting into that.) What I love is that the color is so deep and intense, and it's shimmery without the giant chunks of glitter. In a lot of pictures by other people, it's apparent that it's a beautiful, rich, navy color. Maybe it's just me, but I find mine a mix; more of a Midnight Blue than just blue or violet. And that's not just in the bottle, it shows that way on my nails, too. I can't say about the wear just yet, because I just bought it. But I'm sure I'd buy again!

on 9/28/2010 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It looked like a navy blue in the store, purple when I got home -- but when I put it on, it was so dark as to be almost black which was not what I was looking for. I'm sure it works for other people, and the quality is excellent (as are most OPI products) but I kind of felt misled about the color.

Popular Polishes