Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani Diamonds

3.6

on 4/28/2008 2:43:00 PM

I treated myself to this for last Christmas after trying the tester in a store and liking it but was disappointed after using it home. I am not sure of the precise technical terms for describing the process of fragrance so ladies, bear with me, but here goes: On me at first it smells fruity and fresh - good. Then, after about 5-10 minutes (perhaps this is the middle note?) it starts to smell melony on me and I hate the smell of melon! Then it disappears... So I now only use this if I have nothing else to hand :( At least the mildly pretty bottle looks OK on the dresser...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This scent is to sweet and floral for me, plus when i spray it on its disapeared in half a hour! Did get compliments from it, but personally wouldnt buy it again, i dont think think Beyonce suited promoting this perfume and i also think the bottle could have been nicer to suit its name. Emporio Armani stuffed up there.

on 3/16/2008 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This perfume has a nice smell nothing special about it. A good day fragrance. It is fresh but a little floral. So if you don't like strong florals this would be for you. I bought the big bottle and don't use it often so I would not buy again.
Edit- There is a strange smell about this. I think it reminds me of the smell of the wax they used to give me for my braces.

on 3/9/2008 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

A nice floral gourmand perfume.
Remind me of Vera Wang Women. Wait... I think Diamonds is Vera Wang Women + Gourmand. It's a safe perfume. Although the staying power is not so great, I still like it. What I don't like about Diamonds is the bottle. It's ugly. YSL Baby Doll or even Britney's Believe is more diamonds like than Diamonds.

on 3/3/2008 6:15:00 AM

The scent is very fruity and fresh! I love it!

The lasting power is very good. I have not tried any other Armani fragrances before. I absolutely adore this lovely scent. It's not "old lady" ish like I found some fragrances to be (those that are overpowering and heavy). Instead Diamonds is young and fresh.

I got a sample of this and I'm definitely going to buy the full size bottle the next time I need to get a new fragrance.The only downside with this product is the fact that it is pretty expensive.

continued >>

on 2/29/2008 4:00:00 AM

This smelled a lot better in the store than it did on me... Haha. Maybe it's because I was in Sephora and tons of perfumes were mixed together and I couldn't get a clear smell. It's okay... but it's not the greatest. When it's first sprayed on... it comes with a weird smell, but after it fans out a bit it smells a lot better. The price isn't too bad... so it's worth purchasing. I still get compliments on it and I can still smell a bit of it on me at the end of the day. =]

on 2/25/2008 8:27:00 AM

Everytime I wear this it makes me feel like a queen! It is a little strong at first, but just give it a few moments. It's a winner!

on 2/21/2008 4:45:00 AM

I've been a huge fan of some of Armanis fragrances such as 'She' and 'White'. This one is quite different. Diamonds looks like a big crystal jewel and I don't think it matches the scent. The scent is very fruity to me, a sweet soft fruity scent. It is different to other scents out there, but I'm not sold! I'll stay with the sample and won't buy a full sized bottle.

on 2/18/2008 7:37:00 AM

I have never been adorer of Armani fragrances, but I have probably expected something more "grown-up" with Diamonds. Now I think that all his other fragrances are more complex than this one. My first impression when I tried it was that it smelled like a scent for teenage girls. All I can smell is raspberry here... sort of a "sweet, sugary water" and just another, not very distinctive fruity-floral on the market. Staying power is also rather bad.

on 2/12/2008 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Giorgio Armani is a genious at making me a follower of his perfumes. They are all very capable of being signature scents (at least in my case, anyway). Armani Code was my signature scent until I came by this new release, Diamonds. I am extremely thrilled to have found a fragrance that not only contains lychee, but pulls it off perfectly! The lychee and the raspberry notes intertwine beautifully to form, what for me, is the gorgeous aura of a precious diamond. It has a sweet, feathery innocence to it at first, and then comes that nice sparkle once it settles. The lasting power is great, too. I can smell it on myself the whole day, starting from the early morning when I spritz it on. It's definitely sweet, though not obnoxious, and has the personality of Hot Couture (pink) by Givenchy. Unique, elegant, confident, and expensive smelling. I only have a sample spray and I'm dying to buy a full size bottle!

Notes as mentioned on Sephora:
Lychee, Raspberry, Rose, Freesia, Lily of the Valley, Vetiver, Cedar Wood, Patchouli, Vanilla.

Those first three notes are what stick out to me the most in Diamonds.

Popular Fragrances