July 22, 2014 | 2060 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Olay - Definity Eye Illuminator

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2008 9:55:00 PM More reviews by sahmu4ia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

for skincare products I'm really trying to hold off reviewing them until I've used the whole bottle.
So, now that I've used the whole bottle of this stuff I'll say that it didn't do a thing for me. Didn't cause any problems, but it just didn't "do" anything.
No illumination (did someone here say there was glitter in their bottle? not mine...) didn't help with moisturing, didn't do anything for my little crow's feet.
I did notice that it stung a bit when I first put it on, but I think that was when I got it onto the area that I use Retin A.
It's cool, neato packaging, but that's about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2008 5:02:00 PM More reviews by loveshimmer

i like how my skin looks after i use this. brighter, highlighted. thats cool. but im only in my late twenties and have no crows feet so i dont know if it helps with that. skin feels moist. undereye circles are only masked by the micha, they dont seem to be diminished. it doesnt seem worth almost thirty bucks. loaded with parabens.AND the mornings after i use this im majorly puffy under the eyes...NOT attractive>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by jjtexasgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have not experienced any balling of the product or the inhibition of eye make up application at all. In fact, one of the reasons I really like this product is because my eye makeup applies so easily and lasts all day whereas other eye creams make my eye make up crease, even when I use eye make up bases and decreasers. I do not suffer from undereye darkness so I can't speak about that, but I have noticed this product has helped my crows feet. It provides just the right amount of moisture so there's no flakiness. I have found just a half a pump per eye is just right. I can see how you could use too much if you used a full pump. Also, this product does have a minimal amount of shimmer, but it's enhancing, not garish. I just recently bought my second container.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 10:07:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaSF

I applied this twice daily on my eyes for about a month.

I do not wear concealer, so I can't comment on the balling issue that others have had. For me, the product went on smoothly and absorbed quickly.

I did notice short-term improvements in undereye darkness. The product is like a slightly shimmery highlighter. I did not notice any long-term effects, although I only used for about one month.

The packaging is cool, but a full pump delivers way too much product. Overall, it was fine, but not worth the money for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2008 8:33:00 PM More reviews by notagoodidea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product and have actually repurchased it! I put in on after a light under-eye moisturizer. It gives a subtle glow and doesn't cake or ball up. I have also mixed it in my palm with eye creme and concealer for more coverage. No allergy problems here!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by julstech

It comes in a tiny bottle but you need so little, not even a pea-sized amount. I used this for 3 or 4 days and applied according to directions, morning before moisturizer and night before night cream. First 2 days, no problem and no results. I didn't have dryness, balling up of product as others have commented, or oily skin around my eyes. Third day, very slight stinging around eyes...hmm, well I did just pluck so I gave it another shot. By the 5th day I wanted to toss it. This stuff is expensive for drugstore brand ($25.99 and up). The skin around my eyes stung immediately after applying the product by the time I reached the 5th day. It felt like needles being stuck into my skin all around my eye and it took a full 20 minutes for the pain to go away. I don't consider my skin around the eye to be sensitive but this may not be a good product for sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2008 9:42:00 PM More reviews by rcmann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product for the summer or anytime you want to look fresher without wearing much makeup. Like others have said, it's not a miracle product--it just brightens up the eye area a little bit and gives a more wide-awake look. The same could probably be achieved with makeup, but I love the Definity & Regenerist lines and have been very impressed with how they've improved the quality of my skin overall. I use this with Definity Foaming Moisturizer and let both sink into my skin for a minute or so before applying makeup. I use mineral makeup and have not had the same concealer issues that others have mentioned.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 11:01:00 AM More reviews by chessie_girl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is AT BEST absolutely useless and at worst, completely unuseable. It's drying and it balls up even with nothing under it. Olay has been producing some nice products of late. This sure is NOT one of them.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2008 12:41:00 AM More reviews by MARY48

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I agree with the reviewer who said this product balled up when applying under eye concealer. I hate that! You have to hurry and do some damage control and before you know it, you have to start over. This is supposed to get rid of dark circles, does ANYTHING work? I don't see a difference UNDER the eye, but the brow bone is certainly lighter. Proof it works, just not in the right place. I feel like it does tighten the area slightly. I don't see any miracles, not really sure if I will purchase again.

Don't get me started on the pretentious, absurdly wasteful packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2008 7:00:00 PM More reviews by pjgjones

I have to say, I actually liked this product! Now, after reading some of the reviews and messing around with it for a bit, I have decided that it's really only good for one thing. Unfortunately, that one thing-I do a a lot!

You really cannot put makeup on over this, because the texture gets all cakey and balls up. It works best as a "no makeup" eye brightener. I use it for really casual days (as in running out to the grocery and such), over my moisturizer. If you apply a little over your regular moisturizer and "bare bones" beauty routine, it does make a difference. My husband actually commented that I looked more awake.
It does this one function very well, but nothing else that I can see. However, as a busy mom, that one function is *sigh* a good chunk of my real life. :)

The price is cheaper if you belong to Sam's or Costco. The Sam's price in Chicago is $38.88 for 2 .5 oz bottles. That is a savings of about $4.45 per bottle over Walmart and Target. The Costco price is the same, and sometimes they run fantastic coupons. Coming up April 4th, you can try it for about $15.94 per bottle after the coupon. Since you only use a tiny amount per eye, that's not a bad deal at all.