November 24, 2014 | 951 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Midnight Poison [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm definitely drawn to the Poison line. I've had them all apart from Hypnotic Poison (which I'm hoping to get soon). The only one that I didn't rate was Tendre Poison, mainly because it was rather citrus-scented. Citrus scents just do not work for me at all.
    Midnight Poison is one of my favourites though. I'm rubbish at describing notes & how a perfume smells, I just know what I like. I like this a lot. I never fail to feel glamorous after a spritz of this.
    My all time favourite is Angel, a scent people either adore or loathe. This comes a very close second and hubby says it's his favourite.
    The bottle is gorgeous too, a deep midnight blue apple shape that stands on my dresser as it's too pretty to leave on a shelf.
    Will definitely keep this in my perfume rotation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2008 4:33:00 PM More reviews by cybersunflower

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this! It is soft, warm, I can smell vanilla, and amber layered in somwhare..you cant tell exactly what its made of, you only know it smells amazing, it works wonderfully with my chemistry. This scent captures mystery in a bottle...I get compliments everytime I wear it...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 5:18:00 AM More reviews by dominique90

I love this fragrance, even though it is really heavy.
    I wouldn't wear this too much by day, because of that.
    But it is lovely!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 9:46:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

I love this fragrance its really different. I wear it quite alot. Althoguh i loved it so much my dad bought it for his mother. So now it sort of has a 'grandma' smell for me because it reminds me of her cause she wears it religiously now haha. bummer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2008 8:07:00 PM More reviews by sherrie09

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a sample of Midnight Poison from Sephora and I was very pleasantly surprised. I made it my Halloween night scent. The top note is a burst of patchouli that then settles down while the orange/rose/vanilla come into play, and the patchouli sort of glows softly throughout. I'm not big into patchouli (though I'm learning to like it much better in some fragrances), but I really like it in this scent. A man could wear this, but it's not overly masculine. There is a straightforward sort of simplicity to this scent, but I think it's well done and quite refined at the same time. A warm, cozy winter scent that is not too harsh or over the top.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Viviana25

I had this fragance for about a year...Im not into strong scents, but this is really an interesting one, because at first is very citrus like and then with time gets very womanly....hard to describe...makes me feel powerful yet uplifted and happy...not an obvios choice for a fragance, but definetly a very interesting one.
    EDIT: Just bought my second one, I LOVE the smell....

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2008 7:10:00 PM More reviews by lah1313

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I so wanted to love this. The description sounded so deliciously dark and goth. Yuck. Too strong. And despite the price, it smelled like a cheap hooker. *Sigh*

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by AilaMaurano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I sniffed this once in Sephora. It claims to have Rose damascena extract, Patchouli and Amber Accord. The actual notes are Mandarin, Bergamot, Rose, Amber, Patchouli, Vanilla. I must say, the first spritz to me was citrus-y, which made me wary- I do not do well with citrus. But it developed into something interesting, something I was willing to spritz on my wrist.

On my wrist, the first spritz was intense sour apple that near instantaneously turned into sour rose. It softened to a more sharp rose-like fragrance. The bergamot was an interesting note, and the amber and patchouli, though seemingly not readily present, was a nice base.

Personally, I wouldn't buy the whole bottle for $50. I'd get some decants or something along those lines, maybe stock up on samples for when I need a fix.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This reminds me of CK's Euphoria but without the excess berries. I'm not generally a fruity scent person but this scent smells nice on my skin otherwise i would give this 5 lips. It is as though all the vanilla has been taken out of Dior's Addict. It is an interesting and individual scent for a change. I will stick to warmer fragrances though. Now that i think about Midnight Poison it is an evening scent which could suit both the warm and the cold weather.

As with most of Dior's Fragrances this lasts for several hours on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 3:23:00 AM More reviews by winterfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wonderful dark rose with a hint of musk and patchouli. Unusual, extravagant, powerful. The only letdown is longevity (4-5 houts only).