August 30, 2014 | 1716 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Bare Study

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely an HG product for me. It provides the perfect base for all my eyeshadows, and even though I have oily lids, my eyeshadows will last about 8 hours before I detect any creasing. It's a shimmery champagne color, but it's not too shimmery or frost. I like using this under mattes so they aren't flat. It makes all my eyeshadows a little bit more vibrant as well. I've used this almost everyday for over a year and it's still going strong. I've noticed that I can't wear UDPP or any other eyeshadow primer under this otherwise it will look very dry and cakey, so I just use it alone now. I would definitely repurchase this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by AngelCOH77

This to me is a miracle product! MAC lady advised me to try it as my eyeshadow kept disappearing into my crease. I thought the last thing I needed was a layer of shimmering cream on them. How wrong I was! It's a sparkling champagne shade, too frosty for me on its own but good under the brow and it grips onto eyeshadow on my lids til the death. I can now go to work all day and not have to touch up my eye shadow at lunchtime. Before i would even question applying it at all as it would quickly do a disappearing act. If I see that lady again I will give her the biggest hug ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by antynette

I really like this paint pot, it was my first and I have no serious complaints. It really does a great job at making sure my eyeshadow stays in place all day. Literally came home from rugby practice with done up makeup from a performance and my eye makeup had held up give or take a few eyeliner streaks. I like how it adds a slight shimmer to my matte shadows, it gives it a little extra oomph. I will repurchase after trying a few different types of paint pots but I think this will end up my HG due to it's ability to be so diverse.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by makeupstuffs

I looooove this! This is an excellent base colour for eye shadow you only need a little and also lovely for highlighting the inner corner of your eyes. Product goes a long way, colour is lovely but may quite look pale for darker skins in which case I would choose a darker alternative. Also it doesn't sink into creases on the eyelids hence it makes a perfect base colour perfect for building powder eyeshadow onto the eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Ilovescuba

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this base. It's so versatile. I can wear it with pretty much any shadow look. I use it everyday.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by gconn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

A good basic cream shadow/primer product. Applied sparingly, it provides a refined shimmer on the lids, but if you're not careful, it'll end up looking like Tinkerbell sneezed on your eyeball. There is a LOT in the pot, and a little goes a long way.

The only reason I wouldn't buy this again is that I'll probably be bored of the product once I finish it in...say...five years.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Meh. Its an eyelid base with shimmer...little too frosty and cool-toned for my skin. I got it as an alternative to Painterly which was too chalky on my NC43 tone. Bare Study is a great base for all my eyeshadows! The MAC lady showed me what a huge difference using paintpots made! So many different looks that u can create! Definitely worth buying for once...but I'll be on t lookout for a more nude one for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

love it. works amazing as an eyeshadow primer and by itself. the color is sheer on my skintone so it's not too noticeable by itself, it has a perfect amount of shimmer. very creamy, easily blendable. by it self it creases and doesnt last too long, but under eyeshadows its amazing. no creasing or fading. i guess the only cons are the price and packaging. if not taken care good enough it can dry up and that will be a waste of money and great product. but the sleek glass jar is pretty fancy looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by anniethealchemist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first Mac Paint Pot. I love the color, which is highly wearable, and the creamy texture. I use it for my everyday make up, especially when I feel tired and I need to brighten up my eyes. Although it is supposed to not crease, on my eyelids it actually does, and that is the only con I found out about this product (so I use it with a primer). Anyways, I totally recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 3:40:00 AM More reviews by IcyNocturne

I adore this. After reading all the reviews and watching gurus use this, I have decided to buy this product. Its everything I hoped for. A great neutral dewy sheen when applieqd to the lids, and it looks great for natural everyday looks, either by itself or as an eyeshadow base. I looove its creamy texture. Everything about this product is just perfect for me. Nevermind the $21 dollars it costs here in Canada.