December 18, 2014 | 1668 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Bare Study

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by cmannequin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Ah I love this. I love my neutrals and shimmer so this is perfect! It is a beigey champagne color in the pot and on my NC20-25 asian skin tone it transfers almost the same on my eyelids. Consistency is excellent and creamy; 10x better than the maybelline color tattoos. This is easy to blend and gives a SHEER wash of color. This is great as a base for other shadows or can be worn alone for a slight shimmery color on the lids. Usually for school I will wear this (over primer) with some liner on the upper lashline and mascara and call it a day. The only problem this has is that I cannot use this as a primer because it does crease within 3 hours of application. I do not have oily lids and usually UDPP alone works well for me. So I have taken to layering this over a primer to really make it last. That being its only con, this lasts for a very long tim! It has been over a year already and I still half half of the product left and it hasn't dried out yet. Perfect during the winter or summer. I will definitely repurchase after I run out!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 8:34:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bare Study is a very pretty shade of cream shadow - a light peachy beige/champagne colour with glitter. It's great for use on its own or as a base for powder shadows - especially those with frost or sheen when you really want to play up and intensify the sheen. On its own it is also very pretty. I do find Painterly more versatile for every day use. Unfortunately, my jar of Bare Study dried up awfully quickly - far faster than my jar of Painterly, which I've had for considerably longer. I don't know if I got a dud or if the frostier finish makes Bare Study more prone to drying up to the point where it's a pain to use it but I've replaced it with Benefit's RSVP, which seems much smoother and longer lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by kathhhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this paint pot. I wanted a neutral paint pot that had shimmer, and this is my second paint pot after painterly. I like to use this with an eyeshadow primer because I feel it makes it stay better and with a primer there is not chance of creasing at the end of the day. I use this under eyeshadows and also by itself when I just want a quick wash of colour over my eyelid. The lid needs to be shut really tight so that it doesn't dry out and I store this upside down, which I read was better for its longevity. I think this is a staple for every neutral eyeshadow lover!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely an HG product for me. It provides the perfect base for all my eyeshadows, and even though I have oily lids, my eyeshadows will last about 8 hours before I detect any creasing. It's a shimmery champagne color, but it's not too shimmery or frost. I like using this under mattes so they aren't flat. It makes all my eyeshadows a little bit more vibrant as well. I've used this almost everyday for over a year and it's still going strong. I've noticed that I can't wear UDPP or any other eyeshadow primer under this otherwise it will look very dry and cakey, so I just use it alone now. I would definitely repurchase this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by AngelCOH77

This to me is a miracle product! MAC lady advised me to try it as my eyeshadow kept disappearing into my crease. I thought the last thing I needed was a layer of shimmering cream on them. How wrong I was! It's a sparkling champagne shade, too frosty for me on its own but good under the brow and it grips onto eyeshadow on my lids til the death. I can now go to work all day and not have to touch up my eye shadow at lunchtime. Before i would even question applying it at all as it would quickly do a disappearing act. If I see that lady again I will give her the biggest hug ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by antynette

I really like this paint pot, it was my first and I have no serious complaints. It really does a great job at making sure my eyeshadow stays in place all day. Literally came home from rugby practice with done up makeup from a performance and my eye makeup had held up give or take a few eyeliner streaks. I like how it adds a slight shimmer to my matte shadows, it gives it a little extra oomph. I will repurchase after trying a few different types of paint pots but I think this will end up my HG due to it's ability to be so diverse.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by makeupstuffs

I looooove this! This is an excellent base colour for eye shadow you only need a little and also lovely for highlighting the inner corner of your eyes. Product goes a long way, colour is lovely but may quite look pale for darker skins in which case I would choose a darker alternative. Also it doesn't sink into creases on the eyelids hence it makes a perfect base colour perfect for building powder eyeshadow onto the eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Ilovescuba

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this base. It's so versatile. I can wear it with pretty much any shadow look. I use it everyday.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by gconn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

A good basic cream shadow/primer product. Applied sparingly, it provides a refined shimmer on the lids, but if you're not careful, it'll end up looking like Tinkerbell sneezed on your eyeball. There is a LOT in the pot, and a little goes a long way.

The only reason I wouldn't buy this again is that I'll probably be bored of the product once I finish it in...say...five years.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Meh. Its an eyelid base with shimmer...little too frosty and cool-toned for my skin. I got it as an alternative to Painterly which was too chalky on my NC43 tone. Bare Study is a great base for all my eyeshadows! The MAC lady showed me what a huge difference using paintpots made! So many different looks that u can create! Definitely worth buying for once...but I'll be on t lookout for a more nude one for me.