April 19, 2014 | 1689 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Bare Study

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Ilovescuba

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this base. It's so versatile. I can wear it with pretty much any shadow look. I use it everyday.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by gconn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

A good basic cream shadow/primer product. Applied sparingly, it provides a refined shimmer on the lids, but if you're not careful, it'll end up looking like Tinkerbell sneezed on your eyeball. There is a LOT in the pot, and a little goes a long way.

The only reason I wouldn't buy this again is that I'll probably be bored of the product once I finish it in...say...five years.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Meh. Its an eyelid base with shimmer...little too frosty and cool-toned for my skin. I got it as an alternative to Painterly which was too chalky on my NC43 tone. Bare Study is a great base for all my eyeshadows! The MAC lady showed me what a huge difference using paintpots made! So many different looks that u can create! Definitely worth buying for once...but I'll be on t lookout for a more nude one for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

love it. works amazing as an eyeshadow primer and by itself. the color is sheer on my skintone so it's not too noticeable by itself, it has a perfect amount of shimmer. very creamy, easily blendable. by it self it creases and doesnt last too long, but under eyeshadows its amazing. no creasing or fading. i guess the only cons are the price and packaging. if not taken care good enough it can dry up and that will be a waste of money and great product. but the sleek glass jar is pretty fancy looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by anniethealchemist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first Mac Paint Pot. I love the color, which is highly wearable, and the creamy texture. I use it for my everyday make up, especially when I feel tired and I need to brighten up my eyes. Although it is supposed to not crease, on my eyelids it actually does, and that is the only con I found out about this product (so I use it with a primer). Anyways, I totally recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 3:40:00 AM More reviews by IcyNocturne

I adore this. After reading all the reviews and watching gurus use this, I have decided to buy this product. Its everything I hoped for. A great neutral dewy sheen when applieqd to the lids, and it looks great for natural everyday looks, either by itself or as an eyeshadow base. I looove its creamy texture. Everything about this product is just perfect for me. Nevermind the $21 dollars it costs here in Canada.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by lmr007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really like color, but mine dried out after about 6 months in my train case. I can still use it, but it is so dry, I find myself turning to other products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by birdybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this as a primer, and it does a great job. It provides a shimmery, neutral base that doesn't crease. I have worn this a time or two all over my lid as my eyeshadow and I really liked the way it looked.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

Overall Rating: 3/5
This is an ok product. I got a few MAC gift cards for Christmas, and thought this would be a worth while purchase. I have seen a lot of make up gurus use this as a base for their eye shadow, but I think it was way too much pigment on its own to be neutral enough for other colors. Although the color is a nice, simple shimmery color, it's looks very white in the sun.
Price: $15. I think $10 would be a bit more reasonable
Packaging: 4/5, I have nothing good/bad to say about it
Would I buy again? Probably NOT, but I dont hate it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by makesmesmile

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the Paint Pots and Bare Study is my favorite.
I always prime my eyes with the Paint Pot in Soft Ochre and then I usually apply Bare Study all over the lid. That's a great base for every eyeshadow. I prefer neutral looks with something glittery and shiny, so this is an essential for me!