July 25, 2014 | 1910 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by moe5474

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very heavy eyelids that fold over along with really oily skin. This lovely combination makes it nearly impossible to find an eye shadow/base that will stay on my lids for more than a few hours. Most shadows that claim to be waterproof still only last 3 hours at most.

I had my makeup done for my wedding and warned the makeup artist that there was no way anything would stay on from my 11:00am makeup application through the reception that night. I asked if I could get some extra makeup to reapply since I knew it would slide off before we even made it to pictures that afternoon. She assured me that MAC paint pots were the key and even though I was really hesitant (I've heard it all before..."I promise OUR product is the best ever!"), I gave in and trusted her.

Low and behold if this stuff didn't keep my shadow and liner in place from 11:am that morning to 1:00am that night when we finally arrived at our hotel. It's the only thing I've ever found that works for me.

For me, the beauty of MAC paint pots is that you can wear them along or as a primer to hold your shadow and liner in place. I've got these in several colors and honestly don't know what I would do without them.

Definitely my holy grail eye product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Cheetahsmonk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I fell in L-O-V-E with these shadows! I'm on a mission to buy all of them. It's a good thing that "Century 21" carries them now because the only disappointing thing to me is that the MAC site ALWAYS seems to be out of stock on stuff.
Anyway, When I first touched the shadow, I was worried that it might come on too heavy.
I really don't like that kind of look (just my opinion) but I was wrong. It almost looked like I wasn't wearing any shadow! And my eyes looked perkier, didn't crease & came off when I took it off. (I TRULY hope the MAC company keeps this item well stocked & PLEASE DO NOT DISCONTINUE IT.....) because it DEFINETLY is my FAVORITE!.
Next to the Studio Fix It Foundation & the setting facial mist, I absolutely L-O-V-E these shadows! I'm hoping to buy more next week. I'm sort of on a mission to get all of them! LOL
MAC has a winner with this! Please keep the shades coming! I'd love a Peach type or subtle Burgundy color myself (for a future suggestion)......
Susan G
Bklyn, NY

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 4:35:00 AM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great neutral wash color that is my goto when I want a minimalist makeup look. It just brightens the eye area without glitter and looks much smoother than powder shadows. It doesn't crease on me and lasts until I remove it. Teamed with some Nars pencil liner and Chantecaille Faux Cils mascara and my eyes look "done" without much effort.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Triggah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

MY favorite eyeshawdow base next to urban decay primer. The price is not bad and the product goes a long way. I only use high end products and this is awesome for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Luv4mkup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hooked for life. Love this alone or under eyeshadow. Your shadow will not move until you take it off. Painterly is a nice subtle non shimmery color that really makes tired eyes look awake when worn alone. It also makes my lids look like I've had a "lift".

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by missvengeance

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG primer for me. I have been using this for years now and will continue to do so.
I have oily lids that are pretty discolored and this makes the perfect.
If I don't have time to do my makeup then I just put this on my lids, some mascara and I'm good to go.
The only con for me is the packaging, I wish it was in a tube or something more hygienic. I cut the end off a qtip, scoop some product out and put it on the back of my hand.
I highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Efeemck

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this paint pot. It is lighter than my skintone but evens out the pigment of my skin whilst also doubling as a primer. Nice base for a smokey eye or alone for a more natural look!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 4:26:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I also sometimes use this as a eyelid primer and it works well on my oily lids. It brightens the eye area and creates a nice base to work with. I like to use it on the inner corners of my eyes. It helps on those early mornings when sleep deprivation gets the best of me. A pot lasts me a long time. I can't believe I haven't wrote a review of this yet since I own a couple of other paint pot shades. I love the creamy consistency and how easily it blends without looking cakey. I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

Excellent product! Works really good as a base before applying eye shadows or on its own to give the eyes a hint of colour. It is cream which is highly pigmented. After applying provides a matt finish. It doesn't crease or slide off, stays on all day.
The colour is light mauve nude. I also like to use the base to get rid of redness on my eye lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by ChristineNx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I find that it actually helps the eye shadow pop more and stay on longer. A great dupe for painterly is the maybelline colour tattoos!