MAC Paint Pot in Indianwood

4.4

on 8/4/2010 10:40:00 PM

out of the paint pots this is the one id recommend! The bronzy gold shade really brings out brown and blue eyes!! its creamy and easy to work with and is great for a smokey brown eye! it is very shimmery so i wouldnt wear it everyday

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this color after trying rubenesque. I bought this instead of Rubenesque because Indianwood is a lot richer and more bronze rather than orange. I really like this slightly mixed into my crease with bare study in the inner half of my lid. Paint pots are also very creamy.

Edit: I ended up giving this paint pot to a friend because I only used it twice, and I wasn't too fond of it. This shade is lovely and applies smoother than bare study, but I'm just not a fan of cream eyeshadows. I don't see myself buying paint pots in general in the future.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought this today, used it once and am in love with this product! I was pleasently surprised that it cost 13 as I was expecting this to be around 18-20 mark. I needed a paint pot as my In the Groove eyeshadows were not showing so was recommended to get a PP to use as a base to make the colours stand out. This worked a dream! I was told by the sales assistant that this should not crease and it works as a primer as well as a eye shadow. I have very very oily skin and eyelids and so far this has proved to be a excellent primer! Can not recommend this enough, if you are quite dark skin (I am an NC42) this is a excellent colour and product.

I LOVE this product! MAC's Indianwood paint pot is one of my favorite purchases! The color is the most gorgeous, pigmented bronze I have ever seen - it has just the right amount of shimmer so that it's wearable for everyday. The color is perfect for a glowy bronze goddess look :) I apply this all over my eyelid using my fingers, either as a base or an overall look, and it looks amazing - no brush needed! For some reason, I also love the packaging. You can tell it's great quality - the bottle is glass, and it's so heavy and durable and well made. Love! Compared to many other cream shadows made by Make Up Forever and Stila, you save a few bucks, their cream shadows are $20 and $23, so that's always good. I suggest you go out and buy this - NOW!

on 7/7/2010 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I am absolutely in love with this paint pot. I always apply a primer underneath bc I have oily lids so I don't know if it works without a primer. It doesn't crease at all with a primer, again I have no idea how it is w/o a primer.
I love it for an extra oomph for my usual neutral and neutral smokey. I also love how much better my e/s stays with this paint pot.
Apart from that, I have also noticed how creamy this pp is compared to others. :) that way u dont have to tug at ur lids.
I'd def. repurchase:)

on 6/8/2010 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Okay, I just bought this 3 days ago (at the CCO) and it's on the fast track to becoming Holy Grail for me. LOVE the medium brown/bronze color. I'm a real stick in the mud when it comes to eyeshadow colors. It's totally neutral for me....browns, taupes, khaki, etc. So this little gem fits right into my comfort zone. I've been trying to find a replacement for the Smashbox waterproof shadow liner and this is it!

I quit using UDPP and TFSI because they were drying to my eyelids. When I used them under Painterly, the product didn't go on smoothly. Without the primers, they go on smoothly and stay on all day. I always top my paint pots off with dry shadow to set them.

I apply p/pots with my fingers. I think it works best that way because it warms up the product and makes it glide over your eyelid. I wish I would have bought two of these!

UPDATE: Oops! I just realized I put this review in the wrong place. This is a review for Quite Natural Paint Pot, not Indianwood.

on 5/28/2010 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

The entire range of MAC paint pots are fabulous, but Indianwood is one that stands out in particular.
Its a perfect colour for those mornings where there's no time to fuss. Its dark enough to add depth to your eye, but not so dark that you need to fuss with it for twenty minutes to make sure its not too much.
When I'm in a rush, i pop some of this on with my finger and then use a bit of a matte brown shadow as a liner and I'm gone. When I have a bit more time, I like to apply this (once again with my fingers- i think the heat helps it apply more smoothly than it does when using a brush) and then use a bit of Handwritten in the outer corner and Woodwinked over top. Browns look good on nearly anyone, so you really can't go wrong with a colour like this!
I rated this product as being inexpensive, because my paint pots tend to last me for at least a year, so a years worth of wear for around $20 CA is really a fabulous investment.

on 5/27/2010 1:46:00 AM

I adore this Paint Pot! It's great on its own with the corresponding color of your choice in the crease. Lately I've been pairing it with Embark, Brown Down, or Folie. It's great for a quick look in the morning -- swipe it on the lid, put something in the crease, line and go! It also lasts all day.

on 5/19/2010 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

BeautifuL! I can't say enough about it, tried it once and I was hooked.

on 5/18/2010 8:29:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

AMAZING! I truly don't know where the negative reviews are coming from. This is a goreous bronze shadow of exceptional quality that goes on silky smooth. Due to this, it is very buildable. It is also multi-toned, I find, something which creates the illusion of depth.
it is an HG to me and an essential in anyone's makeup kit, in my humble opinion. Perfect for creating a very natural looking golden-bronze eye.

Top Rated MAC Products