August 30, 2014 | 987 users online

Hair Styling Tools - GHD - IV Styler (all sizes)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by minni4bebe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The bet flat iron ever! I've been through a few and this is by far the best. It leaves my huge curly frizzy poufy hair sleak and shiny. I love it. Worth ever penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by lovepigeon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Straightens hair perfectly and makes it look shiny. Had the same one for 5 years now and it still works meaning it works out cheaper than buying a bad quality one. Just make sure not to abuse your hair with it - I went through a phase of straightening everyday without protecting my hair and it got really thin (its fine again now). This was my fault and not the fault of the ghds so get these they are amazing but remember you are damaging your hair some when you use them.
Only downside is not being able to vary the temperature as people with thin or fine hair I think should use a lower temp.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 9:31:00 AM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've had this baby for about 3 yrs now and love everytime i use it. Very light weight and even i am having these bad hair days, 2 swipes on my hair and the results are amazing. No complaints from me. Well worth the splurge and if mine had to break i would buy another one without thinking twice.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by titina206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This flat iron is just amazing. It smooths your hair in an instant and just once is enough. I can get my hair done in 5 minutes and Iím even asked if I went to the hairdresser! It also makes it last! Sometimes I also curl my hair with it, and it looks great. If I need volume, I get volume. If I want it flat, I get it flat! And the most important thing, since I started use it, I donít get as much open ends as I did before with other flat irons.
It heads up very fast (about 20 seconds I think) and itís ready to use.
I love the fact that I can take it with me when I go on a trip because it has universal voltage.
Mine is a LE in Rare and came with a leopart print bag. The fact that you can also check on the webside if itís an original or fake (in case of buing it on ebay, for example) is also very good.
The downside of this flat iron is the prize. 189 euros was a bit too much, but I decided it was a good gift for myself and my hair.
I hope this one lasts forever so that I don' t have to buy me another one, but if it breaks or something, I will repurchase it again even though I cannot buy me any make up at all in years!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by taylorlizette

I flipping love my GHD. I have lots of really thick wavy hair. Just to put it into perspective, I currently have a long bob (just scrapes my collar bone), and it takes me about 20-25 minutes to straighten. When its done it is perfectly straight and smooth. Don't get me started on GHD curls - I can rave for days about GHD curls. With the thickness of my hair I'll admit it can be time consuming, but its oh so worth it. I never use my curling iron because the GHD eliminate waves and frizz as you pull the iron through the curl. If mine ever dies I will definitely replace it with another. The downside is the price - would make a huge dent in my student budget if it ever did die.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by sgo21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

No one is exaggerating when they say that this product changes your life....it does. I probably have the most unhealthy hair out there (being a swimmer, going to the beach, colouring etc.) and this makes my hair absolutely smooth and glossy within 5-10minutes worth of straightening. When combined with a good heat protection product the results are really faultless. I also happen to have very thick hair which is quite wavy and I only need to go over each section once. Unlike other straighteners, the end result is not limp but volumous at the roots and smooth at the ends. No need to repurchase as this is more like a good investment for your hair which works time and time again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2010 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Sabaku

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very disappointing, I expected it to do a much better job on my hair considering all the rave reviews. My hair was left poofy, not the dead straight and silky that I wanted. It was very good at curling though- curls were very nice and smooth, without product however, they disintegrate on my hair after a few minutes, so if you're going to be curling- use product. I'm returning it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by copanaki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate to be one of the few that give this a bad review but i didn't like the GHD. I bought two, the purple limited edition and the standard black professional one. I preferred the purple over the black because the outside of the iron is much smoother and thus is great for curling, the curls glide effortlessly. The design is fabulous too, very slim and beautiful. Now for the bad. I straightened half of my hair with the GHD and half with my other iron (Croc Infrared- it's fabulous). The half i did with the GHD was poofy, did not get my roots straightened and lacked the shine i had with the Croc. This is because the GHD doesn't have a temperature control and didn't get hot enough for my hair. My roots got curly very fast and the curls i did with the iron only lasted for half an hour. This iron simply didn't get hot enough and frankly i don't understand why they don't have temperature control. I have curly mixed race hair that straightens very easily, yes very easily with my other two irons (Croc and Sedu) and so I know that the problem is not with my hair but with the iron. It doesn't get hot enough for my kind of hair. However, i can see how it would work on wavy hair types or curly heads who don't mind the extra volume. I love volume too, but when my hair starts turning frizzy and curly as soon as I walk out the door, it simply does not deliver. The Croc and Sedu (especially the Croc) do a far superior job. I give it 3 stars for its rounded barrel, sleek design and the fact that the plates are extra extra smooth. If I could adjust the temperature higher i would buy it in a minute, but I had to return mine to Sephora and only recommend it for wavy hair whose roots are already straight to begin with. Hope this helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by erin12107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
I just got my GHD today and it is the BEST. It is soooo easy to curl with (1000x easier than with a curling iron, which I am too clumsy to use!) It also straightens fast and beautifully! A thousand people have already reviewed how fast it heats up--like speed of light fast!
This is the best investment I've ever made in myself (with the clarisonic at a tie or maybe close second.) Also, i ordered it from folica.com, which was great because I used a coupon code (tools10) so i saved money (plus I got a free ghd hair spray and a carrying case/mat) This is the best thing ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2010 2:33:00 AM More reviews by andyandsamyshow

this straightener changed my life! it is absolutely AMAZING! i have naturally big wavy frizzy hair, and was using what i thought was a good straightener (generic mall straightener) for years until i heard about the ghd. it was then that i discovered that there is a way to keep my hair straight and smooth for longer than 2 seconds, i saved up my money and bought the GHD and i will never ever go back!! it is worth every single penny!

it heats up super fast and lets you know when its ready, straightens super fast! i dont have to run it through 20 times on each piece to get it straight, and best of all it STAYS STRAIGHT THROUGHOUT THE DAY!!!! holy muthers i never thought i would see the day! with my old one, i had to pass it through a million times and blow dry it afterwards too to dry the moisture out only to have it frizz in 10 minutes.. not with this baby!!

it leaves my hair silky soft and looking naturally straight! so smooth and it has body!

p.s. this is a great tool for the boys, being one myself! i can not imagine my life with out this, it has changed my happiness and confidence tenfold! LOVELOVELOVE!