November 29, 2014 | 1081 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - That Gal

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by sabz94

Have to say its become a staple product in my makeup bag because it brightens my complexion right up!

If you're considering purchasing, why not get a hold of a small tester tube offline or in store? I did that and it gave me the confidence to buy a whole big thing full of it.

Pros:
Works on most skin colours
Give's you a pinkish colouring
Handy packaging!
Can be used under your foundation, mixed in with it (if its a liquid), or above it. OR on its own.
Covers blemishes and redness
Holds makeup very very well
I feel it hydrates my skin. As I tend to get dry skin, especially in the winter, I feel happy knowing I'm wearing something that doesn't make it worse!
Only need a little splodge!

Cons:
Definitely on the pricey side
Can get a teensy bit messy and might end up taking a bit too much out despite packaging.

Hope this helps! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by xKamilax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I went into a benefit counter at Debenhams because I wanted to get colour matched to their 'Hello Flawless' Foundation and buy the 'POREfessional' So the lady colour matched me using 'That Gal' and told me I should buy it instead of the POREfessional because its better as it 'corrects' uneven skin tone. At first I hated this product! Sooo sooo much! But now I actually really really like this primer!
PROS
+ Really cute packaging
+ Long lasting on the face
+ Will last forever (Ive had it for about 4 months now)
CONS
- The smell is awful! I hate it.. Its very strong! (Goes away after applied)
- The price is quite high..
- Doesn't 'correct' like the lady said it would

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by anaheartsmakeup

i think this product is very good. its a brightening face primer and it stays true to its name it definitely brightens the face and makes you look brighter. but im not head over heals in love with it i think there are better primers so i dont think ill be repurchasing it again after i use it up

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by babyschla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite primer so far. I got it free with a magazine (a trial size) and have since sourced other trial sizes (I really like the convenience of the trial size in my make up bag). I wish I could say this was chemical free and great for you, but it's not. It's chocked full of chemicals. But I only wear it on a fancy night out under my Illamasqua skin base (I'm NC35 in Mac), so I'm hoping I am not doing too much damage.

This goes on smooth and creates a nice even palate. Very helpful with my combination skin and enlarged pores.

Ingredients: WATER (AQUA), OCTYLDODECANOL, GLYCERIN, CETYL DIMETHICONE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, TAPIOCA STARCH, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), PHENOXYETHANOL, SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL, TRIBEHENIN, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, MICA, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, POLYACRYLATE-13, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) SEED EXTRACT, CARBOMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-100 STEARATE, POLYISOBUTENE, BENZOPHENONE-4, SORBIC ACID, LENTINUS EDODES EXTRACT, BHT, DISODIUM EDTA, IRON OXIDES (CI77492), FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), ANTHEMIS NOBILIS FLOWER EXTRACT, RUBUS IDAEUS (RASPBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT, POLYSORBATE 20, SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, CHONDRUS CRISPUS (CARRAGEENAN), SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, TIN OXIDE, SODIUM PROPYLPARABEN, SODIUM ETHYLPARABEN, ALUMINA, METHYLPARABEN, LINALOOL, SILICA, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, CHLORPHENESIN, RED 33 (CI17200), POLYQUATERNIUM-7, CITRIC ACID, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE. N° 091307-4

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not a huge fan of Benefit products. This primer gives you a soft pinkish glow underneath your makeup. It worked well with their "gorgeous" foundation. It also kept this foundation from literally sliding off your face after an hour.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 7:47:00 AM More reviews by RehamArfaj

I actually use it as a highlighter and it dose the job pretty well

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by katiamavra

Although this primer has a shimmery pinkish color, when applied with foundation on top of it, it totally disappears. It also doesn't help my makeup stay put. I am not satisfied at all with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Samigfb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is a pink, simmery lotion that is marketed as a foundation primer. I have never actually used it as a primer so I cannot offer any information as to whether it helps foundation wear longer or better. I use this product when I am having great skin days and in the summer when I have a little more color on my fair skin and dont want to layer too much on my face (I live in a hot, humid climate). This product smells great. I have very fair skin with red undertones and I feel that this does even out the tone of my skin a bit. It contains a few ingredients that reduce some of the redness. Overall it leaves you with a fresh look...not glittery or sparkley at all. The only con to this product is the packaging. I feel like it wastes a lot of product and I do not feel like you get that much product for your money, which makes this rather pricey.

Overall, I would recommend this product to women with fair skin tones who want a bit of a pink glow to their skin, I dont know how well this product would work with tan and darker skin tones. I would probably recommend to those who are younger without problem skin as this product is expensive and more worth it if you are just wearing it alone, not under foundation and do not need a product that is going to assist with wrinkles.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by fragiles0ng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I like this product, I don't think I'll buy it again. I really hate the "twist up" packaging. I have some dull areas on my face and That Gal really helps brighten them up, but I don't think I'm getting $29 worth of value from it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by faeriesmak2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a deluxe sample size in a trio of primers from BeneFit at Sephora. I am now using this one and have been for 2 weeks. I do not really like it. It does not make my skin smooth, doesn't help my foundation go on or stay any better/longer, and I certainly do NOT see any "glow". Not worth the money.