September 2, 2014 | 1678 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - That Gal

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by anaheartsmakeup

i think this product is very good. its a brightening face primer and it stays true to its name it definitely brightens the face and makes you look brighter. but im not head over heals in love with it i think there are better primers so i dont think ill be repurchasing it again after i use it up

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by babyschla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite primer so far. I got it free with a magazine (a trial size) and have since sourced other trial sizes (I really like the convenience of the trial size in my make up bag). I wish I could say this was chemical free and great for you, but it's not. It's chocked full of chemicals. But I only wear it on a fancy night out under my Illamasqua skin base (I'm NC35 in Mac), so I'm hoping I am not doing too much damage.

This goes on smooth and creates a nice even palate. Very helpful with my combination skin and enlarged pores.

Ingredients: WATER (AQUA), OCTYLDODECANOL, GLYCERIN, CETYL DIMETHICONE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, TAPIOCA STARCH, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), PHENOXYETHANOL, SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL, TRIBEHENIN, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, MICA, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, POLYACRYLATE-13, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) SEED EXTRACT, CARBOMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-100 STEARATE, POLYISOBUTENE, BENZOPHENONE-4, SORBIC ACID, LENTINUS EDODES EXTRACT, BHT, DISODIUM EDTA, IRON OXIDES (CI77492), FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), ANTHEMIS NOBILIS FLOWER EXTRACT, RUBUS IDAEUS (RASPBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT, POLYSORBATE 20, SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, CHONDRUS CRISPUS (CARRAGEENAN), SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, TIN OXIDE, SODIUM PROPYLPARABEN, SODIUM ETHYLPARABEN, ALUMINA, METHYLPARABEN, LINALOOL, SILICA, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, CHLORPHENESIN, RED 33 (CI17200), POLYQUATERNIUM-7, CITRIC ACID, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE. N° 091307-4

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not a huge fan of Benefit products. This primer gives you a soft pinkish glow underneath your makeup. It worked well with their "gorgeous" foundation. It also kept this foundation from literally sliding off your face after an hour.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 7:47:00 AM More reviews by RehamArfaj

I actually use it as a highlighter and it dose the job pretty well

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by katiamavra

Although this primer has a shimmery pinkish color, when applied with foundation on top of it, it totally disappears. It also doesn't help my makeup stay put. I am not satisfied at all with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Samigfb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is a pink, simmery lotion that is marketed as a foundation primer. I have never actually used it as a primer so I cannot offer any information as to whether it helps foundation wear longer or better. I use this product when I am having great skin days and in the summer when I have a little more color on my fair skin and dont want to layer too much on my face (I live in a hot, humid climate). This product smells great. I have very fair skin with red undertones and I feel that this does even out the tone of my skin a bit. It contains a few ingredients that reduce some of the redness. Overall it leaves you with a fresh look...not glittery or sparkley at all. The only con to this product is the packaging. I feel like it wastes a lot of product and I do not feel like you get that much product for your money, which makes this rather pricey.

Overall, I would recommend this product to women with fair skin tones who want a bit of a pink glow to their skin, I dont know how well this product would work with tan and darker skin tones. I would probably recommend to those who are younger without problem skin as this product is expensive and more worth it if you are just wearing it alone, not under foundation and do not need a product that is going to assist with wrinkles.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by fragiles0ng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I like this product, I don't think I'll buy it again. I really hate the "twist up" packaging. I have some dull areas on my face and That Gal really helps brighten them up, but I don't think I'm getting $29 worth of value from it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by faeriesmak2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a deluxe sample size in a trio of primers from BeneFit at Sephora. I am now using this one and have been for 2 weeks. I do not really like it. It does not make my skin smooth, doesn't help my foundation go on or stay any better/longer, and I certainly do NOT see any "glow". Not worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Benefit's That Gal is a "silky pink primer that takes your complexion from dull to darling. Simply blend it on for the look of brighter, smooth skin". This face primer contains "light reflecting pigments to help brighten all skin tones and raspberry and chamomile to sooth the skin". This primer is available in once, universally flattering shade. I really like that Benefit doesn't make any crazy claims about That Gal, they simply promise that it'll brighten the face. A full size tube of That Gal contains 11ml (.37fl oz) and retails for a pretty pricey $29. I got a seemingly tiny sample in the "Ulta-mate Sexy Six" kit. The sample is actually a decent size, it contains 7.5ml (.25 fl oz), working out to a value of about $21.75. I effectively paid $4 for the sample size of this primer, it was one of 6 products in a $24 kit. Good deal, yeah? Benefit does not test on animals and offers a detailed and seemingly honest animal testing policy in their FAQ. This primer was made in the USA. Benefit products are pretty widely available and can be purchased in Sephora, Ulta, Benefit counters in department stores, and online at the brand's website.
My little sample sized primer comes in a small squeeze tube with the name of the product on the front, a cartoon city skyline with a sunset backdrop adorn the back. Benefit always has such cute packaging. The tube is sealed by a black twist on cap. Almost no product info is available on the sample tube. I can't vouch for what info is on the full size product or it's box. The full size version of this face primer comes packaged entirely different. It's a plastic twist up tube with the same urban design. It doesn't seem very functional, I think I'd prefer the little squeeze tube.
That Gal is a soft, peachy pink with a very smooth texture and no visible glitter. That Gal is a little on the thin side. This primer blends in flawlessly and is quite subtle once blended in. Does That Gal brighten? Yeah! It gives the skin a subtle, beautiful luminosity, but don't go overboard with it. On the wrong skin type Bad Gal can give the look of oily skin if used all over the face, especially under a dewy foundation. If you feel the need to use this primer all over the face, it's best to do so under a matte to semi-matte foundation. If you have a drier skin type, That Gal might be passable to wear all over the face, otherwise stick to areas you'd like to brighten or highlight. I use That Gal to prime under the eyes mainly, as well as under the brow and other normal places to highlight. The soft luminosity shows through foundation, creating a brightened but not highlighted look. Its a really pretty effect. Though it mainly functions as a primer, That Gal can also be used as a highlight if that's more of your style.
So That Gal certainly brightens, but how does it work as a primer, otherwise? It provides very light but noticeable coverage, which is why I like it under the eyes, if you don't have dark circles it could probably replace your concealer. I don't feel like That Gal improves or prolongs foundation wear, but it does help foundation go on smoother. You're not much of a primer if you can't do that though. I actually find that That Gal blurs the looks of the larger pores on my nose better than their Porefessional primer. That's a little ironic, isn't it?
Benefit's That Gal is a very good brightening primer. The texture is luxurious and very blendable. The brightening effect is subtle, natural, and very pretty. Equally as pretty as the adorable packaging. I'm not sure if That Gal improves foundation wear, but it does give a smooth canvas to apply foundation and concealer over. That alone makes it a pretty good primer. That Gal lives up to it's sole claim of brightening the complexion and then some. Oh and I should mention that That Gal has a super light, very fresh berry scent. I really like Benefit's That Gal Brightening Face Primer. I recommend picking up this primer if you have some extra cash on hand, especially if you have dull skin that needs to be perked up a bit. I would repurchase Bad Gal if I could afford it. Maybe I'll pick up a second Sexy Six pack.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by chabbycheeks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product smells wonderful (grape scent?) and does an ok job as a primer. It helps set the foundation but doesn't really do anything in terms of brightening. It also doesn't fill in pores and lines like what you'd expect from a "primer". Other cheaper products work better.