October 23, 2014 | 2083 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by minimalisto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This, tea tree and baby mild are only dr bronners scents I wouldn't buy again. The peppermint because it burns the more sensitive skin areas, catch? I didn't like how strong the smell was on the floors either. I've been buying dr bronners for past ten years, and love their citrus, almond, and lavender. I wouldn't recommend the peppermint.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by ADoyle90815

I love this soap, especially since Trader Joe's has the large bottles for $10. I keep it diluted in a foaming soap dispenser, so that bottle lasts me several months. It's great after a workout at the gym, and is a staple when I go camping. I will repurchase since you have to dilute it, and it lasts a long time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by cerafina205

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

love this stuff!! i use it all over in the shower and i give my self pedicures with it. I love Dr. Bronner and all his products and after watching a documentary on net fix about him, i love his products even more, what an interesting man he was!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by zitpop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this soap!! It makes you feel so fresh and so clean clean. My boyfriend uses it to wash his entire body, I dye my hair so I use it as body wash and with my Salux exfoliating towel, oh my god, I get so clean you could eat off me. I love it in the summer especially since it's so hot out, ahh it's delightful. It's a little pricey but with a Salux of Bass towel a little goes a looooooooooong way so it's worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by theparsley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lathers awesomely! It smells great and tingles. It did give me body acne however (even on my arms and legs). Now I know it was the olive oil. Otherwise a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by NiteOwlGrl2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This smells so good, works well, and has a tingling cooling sensation. I love that you can use it to clean the house, laundry, my body, and hair. It clears up acne fast and takes off make up easily leaving behind no residue. It's best when you put a cap of it in hot bath water and just relax. When I get out my body feels like jelly and I just want to lay down and take a nap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my HG brush cleanser. It gets rid of all the gunk effortlessly. I also use it to wash my hands and it works amazingly well for that as well. My skin might be a bit to sensitive to use it as a body wash, but I bet it would work well on others.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 3:03:00 AM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I guess you can say I have never been "conscious" about what I am putting on my body... For whatever reason, I have started paying attention. All of the high end fashion gurus in New York and California swear by this stuff.. And believe me, I definitely did my research before I purchased it at Target. The price is definitely worth the product considering it is extremely concentrated and you only need to use a few drops (YES, I SAID DROPS!) to get a great lather.

Dr. Bronner's is 100% organic AND it's sensational! I was a bit leery as to how much I was supposed to use (the bottle says DILUTE! DILUTE! DILUTE!) so I opened the cap and let three drops onto my shower puff.

The peppermint creates and extremely invigorating experience in the shower.. Kind of like the feeling you get with Vick's Vapo Rub but not as strong. It's lovely! This stuff makes my skin silky smooth and there is no doubt that it is clean. My boyfriend says I smell like a walking peppermint patty!!

The religious jargon that is written on the bottle is rather odd, but I enjoy reading it in the shower while my body soaks in the peppermint goodness.

If you are eco-conscious, vegan, or just looking for a great body wash that will last you FOREVER, I don't think you can go wrong with a Dr. Bronner's purchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using Dr. Bronner's soap in my homemade cleaning recipes for a long time and always got the unscented version since I didn't like any of the scents for cleaning (that was until they came out with the citrus version). I never used it on myself. But I decided to give it a try since so many people have raved about it. But I decided to get a whole bunch of the little bottles and experiment with which one I liked best. Then I started mixing them. I'm so glad that I did. I came up with a great recipe that works so good for me:
3 tbsp Peppermint
3 tbsp Tea Tree
3 tbsp Eucalyptus
It works so good and doesn't sting as much as the peppermint did on it's own. That being said, it's a very strong, very unisex scent. If someone is looking for a girly, scent, this is what I've come up with:
2 tbsp Rose
2 tbsp Lavender (or Citrus)
2 tbsp Almond
It smells so girly. I've given it as a gift before and the recipients loved it. But I make the first recipe since my husband likes it. I keep in a glass pump bottle that looks super pretty in my shower. Two pumps on my Salux bath cloth is all I need to get foamy from head to toe and leave my shower fresh and clean. I always use body oil afterwards because I have dry skin at the best of times. I know that some people complain about it drying them out, but I can't tell a difference. This is also helping my KP and it's great after a workout. So happy I found my perfect combo!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Astarael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I gave rave reviews about this at first. My take on it now is less impressed, but I still think highly of it. Initially I thought that my skin's aversion to sulfates was causing my skin to be red and blotchy after showers, and this product alone was fixing it. And the first several times I used this, I had zero redness. Then it started coming back, though still less than with traditional sulfate cleansers. My conclusion is that the redness was from BOTH the cleansers and the hot water. This just took it from a miracle product to a great, still HG product, though. I didn't hate it just because it wasn't a miracle. Why I ultimately stopped using it was I thought my skin smelled funny after I used it. Almost like.. B.O with peppermint on top. My bath pouf took on this smell also. No matter how much I liked this for my skin, I couldn't bear that smell. I have an extremely strong nose and it bothered me to think I was smelling to people like I hadn't showered. I have a suspicion it's the hemp oil in it. I could be wrong but I've since smelled other products with hemp in them and get the same kind of smell. I've used one other Castile soap since then (it's hard to find them without hemp!) which was the Kiss My Face in specifically the Lavender Mandarin variety. Same great effects on my skin, minus the smell, only that one's lather lasts even shorter than Dr. Bronner's does (which is already bad) - you have to re-soap your bath pouf so much your showers take forever and the product is used up in a week.

I've since moved on from Castile soaps. But I still think this is a great soap and love the way it makes my skin feel. I really am sad about the issue with the smell and the lather disappearing.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No