November 28, 2014 | 1486 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have mad love for this soap. Raving mad love. Absolutely NOTHING makes me feel more refreshed than this stuff. So far, this summer has been a little slice of hell, and this soap is heaven in a bottle. In fact, I use it every season. Yes, it tingles and makes my skin feel literally cold, but it's so... awakening. So renewing. It also strikes a perfect balance between cleansing and moisturizing; my skin never feels stripped and never feels filmy or over-moisturized. The fragrance is a perfect peppermint that helps clear my sinuses a bit, too.
I also love the packaging. I have nothing against the "All-One" jargon all over the label. I'm anything but a religious person, but for some reason, the entire thing is visually endearing, in an old-fashioned way. It makes me feel like I purchased it from an old-timey... "shoppe"... or apothecary, or something. It's kind of masculine, and a break from all of the cutesy, girly bottles of my other bath products.
My only gripe with this stuff is the fact that it can make me break out a little bit on my back once in a while- not enough to not use it, but enough to dock a lippie. Regardless, I've been using this soap for almost a year and nothing's made me want to stop. It's amazing, and a huge bottle costs about $9.99. Love.

(PS: DON'T LET THIS GET IN YOUR JUNK. It just... doesn't feel nice.)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

EDIT: 8.30.12 To everyone who is voting down my review, I'm not religious and I think this product packaging is weird. But don't vote "unhelpful" just because I don't agree with your faith. People like myself who just wanted to try a good soap need to know this detail.

This is a semi-bizarre product. I find myself reading the snippets of philosophy, religion, and whatnot all over the label whilst in the shower. The label turns me off from the product immensely; I don't need Biblical teachings, Dr. Bronner, I would like to clean myself.

This castille soap is very refreshing and cuts through oil and grime wonderfully. I personally prefer regular body washes rife with chemicals but this stuff smells just like candy canes. It's delicious, makes the bathroom smell lovely. I am not a fan of cold, tingling genitalia, and therefore do not like using this anywhere besides my torso. The scent doesn't really last outside the shower anyway. I haven't found a mint soap that smells as great as this so I would probably try it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Laurelwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this soap! I love the cool sensation it gives when you use it in the shower and it is fantastic for pedicures! (Thanks to the viewer below for the suggestion!) I also use it to mix in with some sea salt to create a lovely peppermint foot scrub! There are so many great uses for this soap, I recently discovered it's great properties for use around the house - to clean the dishes and wash my fruits and vegetables. :) I'll definitely repurchase this one!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by minimalisto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This, tea tree and baby mild are only dr bronners scents I wouldn't buy again. The peppermint because it burns the more sensitive skin areas, catch? I didn't like how strong the smell was on the floors either. I've been buying dr bronners for past ten years, and love their citrus, almond, and lavender. I wouldn't recommend the peppermint.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by ADoyle90815

I love this soap, especially since Trader Joe's has the large bottles for $10. I keep it diluted in a foaming soap dispenser, so that bottle lasts me several months. It's great after a workout at the gym, and is a staple when I go camping. I will repurchase since you have to dilute it, and it lasts a long time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by cerafina205

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

love this stuff!! i use it all over in the shower and i give my self pedicures with it. I love Dr. Bronner and all his products and after watching a documentary on net fix about him, i love his products even more, what an interesting man he was!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by zitpop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this soap!! It makes you feel so fresh and so clean clean. My boyfriend uses it to wash his entire body, I dye my hair so I use it as body wash and with my Salux exfoliating towel, oh my god, I get so clean you could eat off me. I love it in the summer especially since it's so hot out, ahh it's delightful. It's a little pricey but with a Salux of Bass towel a little goes a looooooooooong way so it's worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by theparsley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lathers awesomely! It smells great and tingles. It did give me body acne however (even on my arms and legs). Now I know it was the olive oil. Otherwise a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by NiteOwlGrl2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This smells so good, works well, and has a tingling cooling sensation. I love that you can use it to clean the house, laundry, my body, and hair. It clears up acne fast and takes off make up easily leaving behind no residue. It's best when you put a cap of it in hot bath water and just relax. When I get out my body feels like jelly and I just want to lay down and take a nap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my HG brush cleanser. It gets rid of all the gunk effortlessly. I also use it to wash my hands and it works amazingly well for that as well. My skin might be a bit to sensitive to use it as a body wash, but I bet it would work well on others.