August 1, 2014 | 1786 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Scruffy892

I am grading this on a curve--totally biased, and with affection. Here's the deal: this is one of those friends you call in the middle of the night when someone has dumped you or you need bailed out of jail. You can count on it to be there for you in a crisis--and it won't just say "Aw, that sucks"; it will lend you a car, hold your head while you puke and tuck you into bed, or put out a hit if necessary...

In my search for a foundation for my crack ho skin, I have had MANY makeup-induced-run-to-the-bathroom-in-horror disasters. This puppy is usually the band-aid. It is more than the list of ingredients implies. There is magic in there. Wizardry, really...It has cured pastey, nasty, dry, shiny, peeling grossery of all sorts. I pack it on over the nastiness and close my eyes and pray, and a few minutes later, it creates anything from acceptable presentableness to downright smoothness. I can't explain how this happens, I'm just so grateful that it does!

I have tried using this as a foundation or general setting powder--it's nothing special--no coverage, etc., but bottom line is: It saved me in 'Nam. Multiple times. For that, it will always be very special to me.

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by bumblevy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like the texture of this product but it left me skin oily again after about an hour. I also didnt like how it looked on my skin alone or on top of foundation. The Rimmel Stay Matte powder worked better for a cheaper price.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by GabriellaC

Use this every day along with the fit me foundation, they work very well together!! Takes away the shine too!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by soyyomonica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE, UPDATE!!
I had to change 4 lippies to 5 lippies, hooray!!! I originally thought that this was the cause for my unexpected cystic acne, but who would of thought that it was my MAC Studio fix foundation causing all the drama in my face, ugh (acne) After i stopped using the MAC SFF, my face stopped breaking out, YAYY! So now i'm using my HG Revlon colorstay 360 golden caramel for my nc40 face is perfect color. I then apply my Dream Matte Powder (MEDIUM HONEY 3-4) to finish it off, my face looks flawless, matte, velvety all day.

PREVIOUS REVIEW
This powder is excellent for oily acne skin. Takes the shine off instantly. The only problem is that I'm noticing more cystic acne on my face. Been using it for a couple of weeks. Will continue to use and see if this is the cause for this cystic acne. Will update back in a couple of weeks MUA.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2013 4:59:00 AM More reviews by amberblake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this powder, I mean it never cakes. However in the sunlight and certain lighting you can see the sparkles on your face. Its not really mattifying as it says its more of just a slightly tinted sparkly face powder. I am in the market for a new face powder, if they just took the sparkle out of it, it would be perfect. Most people wont mind it however, its NOT super noticeable,but I am picky with my makeup and constantly being close to people talking they can notice the sparkle or should i say shimmer. All in all its a good powder besides the shimmer and its not mattifying. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Megan6205

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great stuff and lasts forever!!!! Makes my face smooth and keeps oil away for a while. Barely any coverage though, but I use it as a setting powder. I asked the girl at the makeup section to help me choose a shade, and the one she chose was too light. So now I just take a fluffy brush and set my concealer with it, aswell as put it on my oily spots

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by gdallar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Amazing powder, best drugstore one hands down.

Very matte, but light on the skin, and oh so natural looking.

Inexpensive and the puff that comes with it helps deliver a great fuller coverage when applied over concealer or fdtn.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: NO CAKEYNESS WHATSOVER, EVEN AFTER A LONG DAY

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by AleMarisol1212

OKAY LADIES,,THIS POWDER IS GREAT,,IT GETS RID OF THE SHINE WITHOUT MAKING YOU LOOK CAKEY OR POWDERY,,IVE HAD POWDERS THAT COST 4 TIMES AS MUCH AND THIS ONE IS THE BEST,,HG FOR ME,,JUST ONE THING THO,,THIS IS MORE OFF A SETTING POWDER OR SOMETING YOU USE TO GET RID OF SHINE,,AS IT DOESNT HAVE MUCH COLOR,,BUT IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A POWDER TO TOUCH UP DURING THE DAY OR A SETTING POWDER AFTER FOUNDATION,, THIS IS GREAT,,

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by maries13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this powder! Coverage is great.
However, it doesnt keep me matte throughout the whole day, and I end up having to blot/reapply between 2 to 3 hours of wear

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by dolcibunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I found this product on clearance at a drugstore near me (I believe it was $4).
I love that it doesn't create a haze of powdery smoke when I sweep my brush against it.
The puff that came with it practically became useless after the 5th use as the product had accumulated onto it and was hard to wash off; no worries though, I prefer to use a powder brush anyways.
This product does what it is supposed to, stays true to its matte title and holds up pretty long considering how oily my skin can get.
Overall pretty good product and probably even better since I got it for so cheap.